hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDavidGray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People saying 'why didn't he discredit the story then', say you're in KTs position and you've just got a big money move and someone's published an article saying how passionate you are about that club, you're hardly going to go 'I don't care that much about the club but I'm happy to be here' are you? I fully believe Thomson in this, Keith Jackson should be banned from ER imo
    See post 16

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    How could he not?

I'm not saying he should have come out and said he never wanted to play for that ****my weejie club.

He could easily have said "I never said I'd walk on broken glass to leave the team I grew up supporting, but I'm looking forward to the step up playing at Rangers", or something like that. He was a Rangers player so there would be nae shortage of journos wanting to speak to him.
    Im sure if say Liam Boyce says he would walk on glass to play for us then next week said, maybe a wee bit ott with that but delighted to be here, we might just accept him on board. Ffs was KT 3yrs old at the time?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Steady on. It was Keith Jackson not Jospeh Goeballs.
    That's the Keith Jackson you've choosen to believe.

He's powerful enough in that case.

For a 22 year old Hibby signing for the Huns, things must have been bewildering. If you had that strength of character and confidence at that age, you were graced.

I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    Jackson is a grade A fud

But we've all known that for years
    He's actually worse than that..

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDavidGray View Post
    People saying 'why didn't he discredit the story then', say you're in KTs position and you've just got a big money move and someone's published an article saying how passionate you are about that club, you're hardly going to go 'I don't care that much about the club but I'm happy to be here' are you? I fully believe Thomson in this, Keith Jackson should be banned from ER imo
    Couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Im sure if say Liam Boyce says he would walk on glass to play for us then next week said, maybe a wee bit ott with that but delighted to be here, we might just accept him on board. Ffs was KT 3yrs old at the time?
    No, he was 22, about to sign for one of the biggest clubs in the UK, and become a millionaire.

That might be quite daunting, no?

I imagine arguing with journalists wouldn't be high on the boy's agenda.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by vuefrom1875 View Post
    He's actually worse than that..
    Indeed for KJ to be a grade a fud he would of had to improve himself 10 fold.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    No, he was 22, about to sign for one of the biggest clubs in the UK, and become a millionaire.

That might be quite daunting, no?

I imagine arguing with journalists wouldn't be high on the boy's agenda.
    No not really savvy enough to punt his agent no problems doing that for a 22 yr old. Punting him with really knowing exactly the agenda ahead.

That's the Keith Jackson you've choosen to believe.

He's powerful enough in that case.

For a 22 year old Hibby signing for the Huns, things must have been bewildering. If you had that strength of character and confidence at that age, you were graced.

I didn't.
    A lot of players have left us when we haven't really wanted them to leave - especially 10-12 years ago. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that a player can leave us without leaving a sour taste in the mouth. Others managed it around that time that weren't hibees.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The whole thing stank then and it stinks now.

Neither Thomson (or Brown) are as innocent as he makes out. They made the choice to change their agent which was the catalyst for the whole situation. God alone knows what he was promising them (although ultimately he delivered what both wanted, a big move and big money). I'm assuming Jackson didn't write Scott Browns transfer request either.

In saying all that Keith Jackson helped manipulate the whole episode. The man is the embodiement of the Scottish medias lickspittle attitude towards Rangers. If there's even a half truth to what Thomson is claiming then it calls any integrity the guy had left into question.

What baffles me is that the player who done the column before KT always had it proofread by the club before it went to press, if I remember correctly the player would get a call on the Monday or Tuesday from a sports reporter from the Record, it wasn't always Jackson unless there was a story worth talking about, normally it was anyone from the Record sport journalists that got the job, they would chat for about 10-15 minutes about game at weekend and what was going in players life and Hibs stuff, reporter would put together a story/column that would go in the paper near the end of the week but it would be emailed to Hibs to to be proofread before it went to press and Hibs would ask for bits of it to to be tweaked a bit to look better and then give the go ahead.

I did giggle at the tattoo thing after hearing something about it a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    No not really savvy enough to punt his agent no problems doing that for a 22 yr old. Punting him with really knowing exactly the agenda ahead.
    Ok. You side with Keith "All Rangers players were assaulted" Jackson.

I'll side with the Hibby.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Having spoken to KT one things is abundatly clear. He loves Hibs. I believe him

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Ok. You side with Keith "All Rangers players were assaulted" Jackson.

I'll side with the Hibby.
    Haha Ok I will side with Jackson then you side with the Hibby.

@hibs.net private member
    I believe KT as why would he come out with this now? Jackson and the DR are slated on here regularly. Jackson is known for being a slaver and lied about the aftermath of the cup final. So why any Hibbie would not believe a guy who played for free for Hibs and contributed to our cup final success is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I believe KT as why would he come out with this now? Jackson and the DR are slated on here regularly. Jackson is known for being a slaver and lied about the aftermath of the cup final. So why any Hibbie would not believe a guy who played for free for Hibs and contributed to our cup final success is beyond me.
    It's not necessarily a case of believing KT or Jackson, there is a middle ground.

Left by mutual consent!
    Lucky I do not think its not believing him, Im quite happy that KJ made the quote up. It was the lack of any response at all from KT that some have the issue with.

I do not believe KT said it but I do believe he wasn't as arsed about it as he makes out now. He had enough balls to punt McArthur so he has a strength in character doing that and on the pitch for us before the move. Im sure I remember him bossing Barry Ferguson.

His lack of reaction to the quote didn't seem to fit in with KT that had played for us so it certainly looked like he had not been too bothered by it and could have said it.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 19-06-2017 at 11:38 PM.

He headed the ball off the line in the last seconds at Tynecastle. All is forgiven.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Here's the thing, does it matter? KT gave us some great times, then he moved on. Then he returned and 0layed his part in the semi final that brought us the Scottish Cup.

There's some questionable moments (his Rangers move) and some martyr moments (playing for free) but ultimately when in a Hibs strip he gave us his all, when he left each time the club survived. Thanks for everything you gave us Kevin, I'll not forget the good time you helped bring us.

Oh he's definitely done his part. No one should still harbour a grudge against him now, that's for sure.

That time though ... ooft. 2005-2007. Hibs won a League Cup - and it was great - but arguably could have won more.

When KT says Hibs were never going to be top of the tree - well, certainly not if all the best players leave.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I remember a game at Easter Road where Thomson and Brown too the piss all game along with Boozy out of the Rangers team, the whole Rangers team.

They were taking the piss out of their players and mocking them, nutmegging them and generally playing with them.

Both Brown and Thomson were way more brave than some folk are making out here, as others have said, i dont believe Thomson said the broken glass stuff, but i sure as hell think he could have told the papers he did not say those words, in a way that would have told the truth to Hibs fans, and not upset his new employers.

His silence fuelled the hatred he got, and funny enough the truth only come out when he wanted to come back.

There were a few guilty here, and Thomson is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I remember a game at Easter Road where Thomson and Brown too the piss all game along with Boozy out of the Rangers team, the whole Rangers team.

They were taking the piss out of their players and mocking them, nutmegging them and generally playing with them.

Both Brown and Thomson were way more brave than some folk are making out here, as others have said, i dont believe Thomson said the broken glass stuff, but i sure as hell think he could have told the papers he did not say those words, in a way that would have told the truth to Hibs fans, and not upset his new employers.

His silence fuelled the hatred he got, and funny enough the truth only come out when he wanted to come back.

There were a few guilty here, and Thomson is one of them.
    2005 - Ferguson got sent off. Thomson was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    2005 - Ferguson got sent off. Thomson was superb.
    As good a display as anything i have seen from a Hibs midfield that day, Gallousness at its best from 2 players who didnt give a toss about about players or reputations.

They were a lot braver than some folk are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    As good a display as anything i have seen from a Hibs midfield that day, Gallousness at its best from 2 players who didnt give a toss about about players or reputations.

They were a lot braver than some folk are saying.
    Brave on a football pitch with your team mates beside you and a referee to protect you is one thing.

Calling out a journalist for making up quotes, something Boris Johnson was sacked for, is entirely another.

How could he have put it right and who would print a non-story like that fairly?

"Thomson says wouldn't walk over broken glass after all". That headline would have gone down well with the Ibrox knuckle draggers.

Folk have made their minds up, it seems, and nothing KT says will change that. Choices.

Brave on a football pitch with your team mates beside you and a referee to protect you is one thing.

Calling out a journalist for making up quotes, something Boris Johnson was sacked for, is entirely another.

How could he have put it right and who would print a non-story like that fairly?

"Thomson says wouldn't walk over broken glass after all". That headline would have gone down well with the Ibrox knuckle draggers.

Folk have made their minds up, it seems, and nothing KT says will change that. Choices.

Are you trying to class football with Politics here Dave, i'd bet none of them had even heard of Boris when this was going off, and yes i have made my mind up, as you have.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    So how do you actually spell Kevin's surname?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F'Res Hibbie View Post
    It's not necessarily a case of believing KT or Jackson, there is a middle ground.
    Really?

Personally I wouldn't believe a word that jakey Jackson has ever said or printed. The guy is a corner boy rabble rouser, to call him a journalist would be an insult to the profession.
    Last edited by Golden Bear; 20-06-2017 at 09:05 AM.

I can believe Jackson made the infamous quote up, no problem at all accepting that.

Thomson and Brown played their part in bringing about the whole situation though and that can't be whitewashed now. Whatever happened in the Hibs dressing room over that period, especially in the latter part of the season, and whoever was to blame it arguably cost us a cup double. No one, including Thomson, McKay, Brown, Collins and several other players come out of the situation smelling of roses.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    He headed the ball off the line in the last seconds at Tynecastle. All is forgiven.
    He was being paid to do it, btw (unless he was still on his play-for-nothing deal, of course).

KT has apologized and came out and stated mistakes were made.

End of the day he was a young lad and made mistakes, hes realized that now and has hes said hes tried to rectify it by playing for us on 3 separate occasions and being involved in our Scottish cup winning campaign!

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I can believe Jackson made the infamous quote up, no problem at all accepting that.

Thomson and Brown played their part in bringing about the whole situation though and that can't be whitewashed now. Whatever happened in the Hibs dressing room over that period, especially in the latter part of the season, and whoever was to blame it arguably cost us a cup double. No one, including Thomson, McKay, Brown, Collins and several other players come out of the situation smelling of roses.

Whenever this whole sorry episode gets regurgitated on hibs net, it's like the KT apologists are expecting the rest of us to bin the contents of our collective memories.

KT had a weekly column in the record, which was used over a period of weeks to destabilise the club and force through a move. It wasn't just one quote out of context, he was maliciously damaging the club he was the captain of.
    As it happens I like him now, done some good community engagement work including with my sons team. But it would reflect on him better if he took more responsibility for being a dick.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Having spoken to KT one things is abundatly clear. He loves Hibs. I believe him

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I have it on good authority he doesn't even love football let alone Hibs.