hibs.net Messageboard

Testimonial Due

Easter Road open day - reminder Sunday 18th 1pm to 5pm

Hi

Just a final reminder that Sunday is the open day at Easter hosted by the Hibs Historical Trust.

The Scottish Championship cup will be on display and the 2 cups currently held by the ladies team - the Scottish League Cup (defended successfully a few weeks ago) and the Scottish Cup.

There is a newly installed Scottish Cup display. See the link below for a wee peak at it.

https://twitter.com/HibsTrust/status/876165811550945281

There is also the opportunity to meet some of groups from the Hibs support including Dnipro Kids, Disabled Supporters Association and Working Together.

Enter by the West Stand and you'll leave by the shop (open til 5). It's free to come, but any donations are gratefully received to help support the Trust in future work.

If you have any questions, please ask below and I'll try and answer as best I can.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Conrad Gray's Avatar
    This is always a good afternoon - I would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of going.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Me and kids heading along. Really looking to it. Looks like the shop will also be making a fair bit of cash out of us today as well, kids have already been getting shopping lists together!!

Shop doing a bomb really busy

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Went down today...good to have a wee wander round and see the stadium.

A few thoughts:

The shop was only half stocked but trade was brisk

The pitch is still a good bit off being ready for the season

The interior of the West could do with a bit of reno...reminded me a bit of a hospital or old folks home in large parts

The home dressing room defo needs spruced up! It's a bit depressing and reminded me of changing rooms at a council sports centre.

The dig outs were the same...had more spiders and cobwebs than my garden hut.

But my aesthetic sensibilities aside I still really enjoyed it and there was plenty families having a great time..some of the old photos and stuff were great to see. There was also a great wee display of the Scottish cups in the East where folk could whist walk up and take their own photos.

Finally hats off to all the volunteers...pleasant and helpful so 10/10 for them!

First Team Breakthrough Hibbycol's Avatar
    Was down today, was bletherin to my mammy and daddy who's ashes where sprinkled on the pitch a couple of weeks after the cup final last year . Barry day , sun shining on the chosen , daughter cost me an arm and a leg in the shop lol but she is worth it . 10/10 For all the volunteers today .

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Very good day. Shop was busy even though not that much stock. My "free" day out ended up costing me £76! All to a good cause tho

Promising Youngster
    Good afternoon, seemed to well attended and I enjoyed taking the wee men round.
    Fair play to the volunteers for getting it sorted.

Always a great day, thats us been for the last 3 years now, well done to everybody involved in organising it. Was less scottish cup memorabilia than i expected but still really enjoyed it. The pictures of 21.05.16 in the front lobby are magic

I love this club

First Team Breakthrough
    Really great day. Travelled through from Ayrshire with the wife and wee one, and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Even went up and sat in our season ticket seats for next year. A massive well done to all that organised and helped out on the day. Hibs class.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Pitch surprised me too, I thought it would've had its first good cut by now! Needs to be ready in 3 weeks for Sunderland!

@hibs.net private member
    Went along this afternoon with my daughter and 2 of my grandkids. We all thoroughly enjoyed it, glad the weather smiled on us. Looked like a good turn out again - certainly hope so.
    Well done to all the volunteers for all the hard work put in. We're fortunate having so many prepared to put the time in to help the Club.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Went down today...good to have a wee wander round and see the stadium.

A few thoughts:

The shop was only half stocked but trade was brisk

The interior of the West could do with a bit of reno...reminded me a bit of a hospital or old folks home in large parts

The home dressing room defo needs spruced up! It's a bit depressing and reminded me of changing rooms at a council sports centre.

The dig outs were the same...had more spiders and cobwebs than my garden hut.

But my aesthetic sensibilities aside I still really enjoyed it and there was plenty families having a great time..some of the old photos and stuff were great to see. There was also a great wee display of the Scottish cups in the East where folk could whist walk up and take their own photos.

Finally hats off to all the volunteers...pleasant and helpful so 10/10 for them!
    I'm with you mate, felt disappointed with the state of the dressing room (baths were in poor state, the walls could do with a lick of paint, and let's not even go near the toilets !)
    The managers suite.....was more like the inside of an old shed...the sofa had seen better days,and the warm up area.....really ?
    Surely hibs should invest in this area, wouldn't cost much to make the players & managers areas more befitting of a senior club in Scotland.

Also, thought hibs missed out by not opening the ticket office, and maybe highlighting the available seats as everyone was ushered around the pitch......could maybe have moved on some more season tickets.
    Just saying...
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    I'm with you mate, felt disappointed with the state of the dressing room (baths were in poor state, the walls could do with a lick of paint, and let's not even go near the toilets !)
    The managers suite.....was more like the inside of an old shed...the sofa had seen better days,and the warm up area.....really ?
    Surely hibs should invest in this area, wouldn't cost much to make the players & managers areas more befitting of a senior club in Scotland.

Also, thought hibs missed out by not opening the ticket office, and maybe highlighting the available seats as everyone was ushered around the pitch......could maybe have moved on some more season tickets.
    Just saying...
    Ha ha glad I wasn't the only one!

I thought the stadium was pretty good, tidy, OK there was a few squint bath panels and a wee bit bubbling paint in the showers, but that's all the dirty work areas rather than the loungey suit type areas.
    The stadium was clean and in pretty damn good shape I thought. There was a few buckled seats in the south stand, but it looked like that's a work in progress. Repair work is evident. The thing about having a modern stadium is that it doesn't take very much work or money to maintain.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Does anyone know who was taking the photos at the dugout, and whether these might be available for sale?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough Hibbycol's Avatar
    Possibly hibs historical TRUST or hibs official photographer for twitter ,

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Any sign of the platform going up in the Famous Five for the singing section?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Does anyone know who was taking the photos at the dugout, and whether these might be available for sale?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    Not sure. Will try and find out for you. Was it a man or a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Twiglet View Post
    Woman in her early to mid 20s when I was going round

It was a guy, 30's, possibly with a beard.

I'm keen to see the photo he took of me and my Dad.

Testimonial Due

I've asked the group and will get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

I've asked the group and will get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

First Team Breakthrough
    I took my two along and when i asked them at the end what they thought of it they said they loved it. They told me they had learned so much about how football used to be. I laughed as they said that they cant ever imagine standing for 2 hours to watch a game. They love their seats too much !!! Dnipro Orphanage support, Mercer takeover, Hands off Hibs, stories about many of my favourite players and stories of games from seeing the Programmes on the walls or the pic of Ivan being lifted by his team mates at Ibrox prompting more stories. They loved being in the dressing rooms and the dug outs and sneakily touching the grass.

I only realised as we entered it that they had never been in the East before so they were excited to see the concourse where the sing song took place at HT V The Jambos that they had seen on YouTube.

Well done to Hibs and the many volunteers who helped us have a special day together.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

Might be Cameron Allan? He's on Facebook, instagram etc so pretty easy to contact him
    Last edited by hibee_girl; 19-06-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Might be Cameron Allan? He's on Facebook, instagram etc so pretty easy to contact him
    He is very good and is doing my wedding at ER this Saturday. PM me if u need his phone number.

Testimonial Due
    It was Cameron Allan. Photos are being sent to Hibs and going up on Facebook if you're on there if not I'm sure Cameron himself can help

It was Cameron Allan. Photos are being sent to Hibs and going up on Facebook if you're on there if not I'm sure Cameron himself can help
    Brilliant, thanks for checking.

In case I miss it, give me a shout when they do go up.