hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lennon

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You seem to be missing all the players that weren't fine though?
    Jesus Christ mate you will argue about anything eh? Every manager in the history of football will sign a couple of poor players. Stubbs took a few gambles with players on loan and very low paid contracts which didn't come to fruition. Over all, as a whole, I think he did an exceptional job in signing players for us and I am pretty baffled as to why someone would dispute that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Cilla Black View Post
    I heard that Lennon is contracted to be Hibs manager for another year.
    My many sources are telling me this too.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy4 View Post
    Seemingly Gary Naismith from QOS

Maybe that is where the Gary Locke rumour is coming from, Naismith bringing in his pals?!?
    What has Gary Naismith remotely done to be considered for the Hibs job. Someone winding you up deffo Yams are scared.

Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    Gary Locke is a football dinosaur, £75 to Suzy's organisation if he gets appointed - never happening.
    Eddie may has offered him an academy role.

Stubbs had a cracking record in the transfer market.

Yes, he made a few poor acquisitions but his good signings were so good, it made me wonder what the hell we we were playing at for 10 years before that.

He had the best transfer market record of any Hibs manager imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_JMcGinn View Post
    You over simplify things without seeing the bigger picture but your last sentence is mindblowing coming from a Hibs fan.
    Why mindblowing?
    Take away the cup win and I don't think too many Hibs supporters would have been overly concerned if he had resigned or been sacked when he left. Even fewer would be petitioning for his return now. As has been said, he failed with his primary objective.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Anybody else get the feeling that we need some signings or at least tangible signing rumours?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Anybody else get the feeling that we need some signings or at least tangible signing rumours?
    Totally, even just a bit of self-regulation not to talk Tom Kite on here.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Coaching / management skills aside there are worse Jambi roasters than Locke by a country mile.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Jesus Christ mate you will argue about anything eh? Every manager in the history of football will sign a couple of poor players. Stubbs took a few gambles with players on loan and very low paid contracts which didn't come to fruition. Over all, as a whole, I think he did an exceptional job in signing players for us and I am pretty baffled as to why someone would dispute that.
    You said his signings were exceptional. Some were, some were alright, some were terrible. Overall picture was pretty good but not exceptional. He made errros in that last window that mean he can't claim that at all.

There were more than a couple that didn't work out at all.

Could do with some signings soon as the amount of absolute Tom kite rumours getting posted just now has gone through the roof.
    Announcements at 5pm, Lennon going, Gary Locke new manager. Absolute nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Coaching / management skills aside there are worse Jambi roasters than Locke by a country mile.
    This Gary Locke?

195687-gary-locke-celebrates-hearts-1-0-win-over-hibernian.jpg

Who are these roasters who are worse? He's a ****ing dingle.

You said his signings were exceptional. Some were, some were alright, some were terrible. Overall picture was pretty good but not exceptional. He made errros in that last window that mean he can't claim that at all.

There were more than a couple that didn't work out at all.
    What hibs managers have a better record in the transfer window than Stubbs? Genuinely struggling to think of anyone that can top him

Testimonial Due
    I'd be worried if this was true in regards of the budget part of it. The romantic in me though tells me if this happened and it meant return of stubbsy I'd be delighted ! Legend who signed more good players than bad.

I think lennon will be offski after this season regardless.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    As usual, folk jumping all over speculation when no real facts re NL are known. Distressing in a way that folk are happy to jump on the 'board's not giving enough money' bandwagon. Maybe it's just me but I think we are too quick to jump on the theories of others.

It's the glass wall and red coo thing that's increased the tension all round..

We better see if Tranmere have got any other guys that morecambe released and start signing a few of them quick.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Yes, people are jumping over speculation, however they wouldn't be doing so if the op didn't have such a good track record.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    Yes, people are jumping over speculation, however they wouldn't be doing so if the op didn't have such a good track record.
    In what sense? He's already recorded on the thread that it's more than likely a sparryheid at the wind up.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Grant Murray was a Hertz dick and didn't exactly set the world on fire as a manager, yet by all accounts he is doing a very good job with our youngsters.

Gary Locke is one of a handful of people I couldn't see ever wanting to work for us, even if we made him an offer.
    Murray done an excellent job with Raith.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Could do with some signings soon as the amount of absolute Tom kite rumours getting posted just now has gone through the roof.
    Announcements at 5pm, Lennon going, Gary Locke new manager. Absolute nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where did you get that info from??

He has been offered the u20's job..!

Lennon would have to be pretty stupid if he thought he was going to get bags of money to play with. We're not Celtic. We will be shopping in the same market as Aberdeen and Hearts. He will have known this. To put it in perspective, Aberdeen just sold their best player for 1.3m.

As usual, folk jumping all over speculation when no real facts re NL are known. Distressing in a way that folk are happy to jump on the 'board's not giving enough money' bandwagon. Maybe it's just me but I think we are too quick to jump on the theories of others.

100% Correct Jonnyboy 🤔 Chill Guy's !!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Given how media friendly NL is and the fact that not a single media outlet is reporting a sniff of this; Truth level is estimated at zero.
    Yup - scoured Google and not one solitary mention !. It's either close-season boredom or Yam wishful thinking !

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post

The only thing that might cause an issue is us selling JC and Possibly McGinn against lennon's wishes.
    The thing is, we already persuaded Jason to stay for an extra season and Lennon knows as well as anyone that it is counter productive to try to stop players moving if they want away and will earn 3 times as much elsewhere.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    If assurances hadn't been made with regards to budget then do you really think Lennon would have signed in the first place?

No he wouldn't, nothing to see here.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    What hibs managers have a better record in the transfer window than Stubbs? Genuinely struggling to think of anyone that can top him
    Hard to tell really when his teams haven't played in the top league or weren't with us long enough.

McGinn and McGregor are particular highlights, probably Bartley as well. Gray and Stokes for their cup exploits.

Mowbray and McLeish would be in with a shout of having records equally as good if not better. Let's see what Lennon does this year - he's had success with Ambrose and Commons who played key roles for us. I'm sure Swanson will turn out to be excellent. Holt needs to be credited if we are counting some of the players on Stubbs' list that were good.

Stubbs signed a lot of players, as I've said, some were indeed exceptional - overall record is very good. It is a longer list of ones that didn't work though than some remember. An argument can be made for all of them as to why they were brought in but then again every signing is pretty much the same in that respect.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Hard to tell really when his teams haven't played in the top league or weren't with us long enough.

McGinn and McGregor are particular highlights, probably Bartley as well. Gray and Stokes for their cup exploits.

Mowbray and McLeish would be in with a shout of having records equally as good if not better. Let's see what Lennon does this year - he's had success with Ambrose and Commons who played key roles for us. I'm sure Swanson will turn out to be excellent. Holt needs to be credited if we are counting some of the players on Stubbs' list that were good.

Stubbs signed a lot of players, as I've said, some were indeed exceptional - overall record is very good. It is a longer list of ones that didn't work though than some remember. An argument can be made for all of them as to why they were brought in but then again every signing is pretty much the same in that respect.
    Andy we only have a limited amount of time to spend on this planet and you are currently using yours to talk down the signing ability of Alan Stubbs. Stop it!

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    My post wasn't in reaction to the OP. It's those that followed with unfounded speculation that he was leaving because the board wouldn't back him. That led to a flurry of posts in agreement. There is no factual information to base that on but it's being spoken about as though it were fact.
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    I think the fact we have been able to sign efe Ambrose on a permanent two year deal and we are looking at players like whittaker, stokes, commons, Boyce, Stewart and moult shows we aren't skimping on the budget.

The only thing that might cause an issue is us selling JC and Possibly McGinn against lennon's wishes.

If he does walk away I would absolutely welcome Stubbs back, he didn't win us the championship but his record against premiership teams and in cup competitions in general with us was great
    I'm don't disagree with what you're saying, however I'd be fairly upset if his reason for leaving was JC and SJM being sold. I think the majority of the support accepted they would be gone at some point in the near future at least a season ago. Due to the good management of the club when they do we're getting the best return possible to continue bringing more quality in to the club.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Andy we only have a limited amount of time to spend on this planet and you are currently using yours to talk down the signing ability of Alan Stubbs. Stop it!
    Perhaps you shouldn't post your views if you don't welcome alternatives.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    My post wasn't in reaction to the OP. It's those that followed with unfounded speculation that he was leaving because the board wouldn't back him. That led to a flurry of posts in agreement. There is no factual information to base that on but it's being spoken about as though it were fact.