hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lennon

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I'd be raging if we gave Gary Locke a job. He's a brutal manager/coach. Ruins teams wherever he goes.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not long ago I'd have agreed with you however I've quite liked the mentality Lennon has brought into the club.

I love Stubbs, probably more than I should, however i think he's perhaps a bit soft to be a first team manager.
    The only worry I'd have is that he would be keen to leave as soon as some pish like Rotherham showed some interest. Other than that I'd say that, with respect, anyone who doubts that Stubbs is good enough to manage Hibs should seek a head examination

not overly fussed If Lennon is here or not.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    Rumour probably started by a mischief-making yam.
    Having said that, if the board doesn't share NL's ambitions and aren't prepared to splash the cash, he won't hang around.
    Hope there's nothing sinister going on.
    I'd actually be pretty pissed off if Lennon left because of a moan about money. NL has been involved in Scottish football long enough to know that teams outside of they two, plus hearts in the "we're borrowing from ourself" years, don't splash the cash. He knows this plenty well enough.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    The only worry I'd have is that he would be keen to leave as soon as some pish like Rotherham showed some interest. Other than that I'd say that, with respect, anyone who doubts that Stubbs is good enough to manage Hibs should seek a head examination
    I'd be happy enough with Stubbs coming back but I think that's maybe a bit extreme. We went on one of the worst runs I've ever seen as Hibs fan and he failed to get us promoted in two attempts - even finishing behind Falkirk one season. He certainly did a lot of good things for our club but it wasn't all perfect under him.

That said I can't see this rumour being true.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'd be raging if we gave Gary Locke a job. He's a brutal manager/coach. Ruins teams wherever he goes.
    I'll second that thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    I think with the sale of JC just there I am sure this money will have been a hot topic between NL and LD so I can see that if NL did not like what was told then the timing could be right that he might call it. If time goes on then all is well but this JC is probably key in a few factors for the season ahead.

Purely speculative of course.
    You mean you're making things up?

I hope this is rubbish. We need to move forward together. There is a lot of hope and optimism around ER at the moment and I am sure NL knew that JC would be going if an offer came in. The record STs mean we should have a budget that NL can work with and the money from JC. So there is only two issues that could create a problem 1. The board penny pinching, which I can't see we need a premier league squad and have the money or 2. NL has got an offer from England which he is thinking about, which I can't see since winning the championship is not exactly going to set the heather alight down south.

Smells like a JKB wet dream if you ask me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    You mean you're making things up?
    Aye whatever

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    If he's away, Stubbs please.
    100% agreed.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    100% agreed.

yep!

I think Lennon would have been fully aware that Cummings would be allowed to leave after promotion. It's probably that that made him stay last season. No place for unsettling rumours imo.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Me too .. He is a thick Hearts ****

Putting 2+2 together to get 5, it wouldn't entirely surprise me to see Lennon walk over funds for transfers.

His 2 transfer windows were pretty underwhelming and we struggled for goals at times before losing our 2 main strikers. If he's not being given a substantial sum (i.e. more than we can afford) to bring in the players he wants then I could imagine him getting pissed off, a bit like when JC got pissed off when we weren't shelling out millions on Steven Naismith.

The articles and comments from Hartson and Sutton seemed to be a fairly direct plea from Lennon for backing, at a level we can't really justify doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy4 View Post
    Just made a few phone calls and Gary Locke has been offered the U'20's job.

Nothing about Neil Lennon or Gary Naismith SO nothing to report guys. Just hold onto our hats at moment..!

Some Jambo rat must have opened up his mouth and spouted P..sh

Keep you in the loop if anything transpires
    Would have thought that KT Would be a much better u20 manager appointment that Gary bloody Locke!!

Grant Murray was a Hertz dick and didn't exactly set the world on fire as a manager, yet by all accounts he is doing a very good job with our youngsters.

Gary Locke is one of a handful of people I couldn't see ever wanting to work for us, even if we made him an offer.

Blog Entries
    Whether true or not, I'm sure it's not the type of rumour which would drag on for very long. I reckon they will announce it by this evening if true, and if not we can safely assume it's Tom Kite.

Left by mutual consent!
    People need to calm down.

Theres absolutely no way Gary Locke will ever be on payroll at ER!

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Can't see there being anything in this? Hope not, we will have deals in the pipeline at an advanced stage and with a change of manager would put these in doubt. We need stability going forward into this big season ahead for us! Lennon is a draw for players coming to us no doubt about it.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    I'd be happy enough with Stubbs coming back but I think that's maybe a bit extreme. We went on one of the worst runs I've ever seen as Hibs fan and he failed to get us promoted in two attempts - even finishing behind Falkirk one season. He certainly did a lot of good things for our club but it wasn't all perfect under him.

That said I can't see this rumour being true.
    It wasn't anything close to being a formality that we'd get promoted within the first two attempts given who else was in our league. And finishing joint second with Falkirk is easily forgivable given that we were win both cup finals that year and therefore played a ridiculous number of matches.

I don't think any Hibs manger in my lifetime did as good a job as Stubbs.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    It wasn't anything close to being a formality that we'd get promoted within the first two attempts given who else was in our league. And finishing joint second with Falkirk is easily forgivable given that we were win both cup finals that year and therefore played a ridiculous number of matches.

I don't think any Hibs manger in my lifetime did as good a job as Stubbs.
    Stubbs won us the big one, and that makes him a legend.

That doesn't detract from the fact that, in the league, Stubbs failed at Hibs. It's a fact. Look who else was in our league. Look how many games we had to play. Excuses. Excuses.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    if todays rumours are true , lennon away to be replaced by gary locke

Good feeling gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Grant Murray was a Hertz dick and didn't exactly set the world on fire as a manager, yet by all accounts he is doing a very good job with our youngsters.

Gary Locke is one of a handful of people I couldn't see ever wanting to work for us, even if we made him an offer.

Heard he (Murray) might be promoted to the first team hence an opening for the u20's job.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Stubbs won us the big one, and that makes him a legend.

That doesn't detract from the fact that, in the league, Stubbs failed at Hibs. It's a fact. Look who else was in our league. Look how many games we had to play. Excuses. Excuses.
    Not excuses but FACT, tell me another manager who got us into 2 cup finals in the same season?. You seem to forget it was his first job in management and I happen to think he did a great job and would have easily got us promoted last season.

I think 99% of Hibs fans would welcome Stubbsy back with open arms.

Are people actually thinking we are lining up Gary Locke to replace Lennon Would be worse than Butcher and Leeann will know this.

Would be dissapointed in Lennon leaving, considering he just got us up but maybe he can't cope with the budget we are giving him and it's best for the club that we both part ways

For me there is only one man who can come in and adapt to our players and budget and he is our Scottish cup winning manager.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Putting 2+2 together to get 5, it wouldn't entirely surprise me to see Lennon walk over funds for transfers.

His 2 transfer windows were pretty underwhelming and we struggled for goals at times before losing our 2 main strikers. If he's not being given a substantial sum (i.e. more than we can afford) to bring in the players he wants then I could imagine him getting pissed off, a bit like when JC got pissed off when we weren't shelling out millions on Steven Naismith.

The articles and comments from Hartson and Sutton seemed to be a fairly direct plea from Lennon for backing, at a level we can't really justify doing.
    Lennon knew the score when he took the job on and he's acknowledged the financial backing he's already received from the Board. If this rumour is true, then it's just as likely to be over personal issues than football matters.

But there again, I've absolutely no basis for saying that, it's just my opinion.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Given how media friendly NL is and the fact that not a single media outlet is reporting a sniff of this; Truth level is estimated at zero.

I hope this isn't true as i'd prefer the continuity that Lennon would give the squad. I was never a Lennon fan before he joined us and didn't want him as manager. He did a decent job last season though and I'd prefer he stayed and had a go at the Premierships. Having said that if he isn't happy with his budget I am sure there are loads of managers out there that would love the platform Hibs give a manager now.

I'd want Stubbs to come home in the case that Lennon goes.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Is this where the fans reps tell us what the score is?

Just so we are clear here, Gary Locke isn't replacing Lennon in case people are getting confused. All that I heard was Hibs offered him a role with the young lads and he's thinking about it.