hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Colts team

maybe we are going to enter a colts team into the league like the said Rangers and Celtic were doing.... so that maybe why Gary Locke moving to hibs....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, if Cock were to come in to manage the 20's what's happening tp Murray & Makel who overall had a good season from what i can see. This is bollocks.
    Who said he was going to take the 20s?

Gary Locke should never ever be employed by Hibs in any capacity.

He hates us yet it seems we have offered him a paid coaching role? Leaving aside the fact he hates the club he has also pretty much failed in every management role he has had.

Baffling decision if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Gary Locke should never ever be employed by Hibs in any capacity.

He hates us yet it seems we have offered him a paid coaching role? Leaving aside the fact he hates the club he has also pretty much failed in every management role he has had.

Baffling decision if true.
    Just wondering how you know he hates Hibs?

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Just wondering how you know he hates Hibs?
    Is that a serious question?

He's a Hearts **** and I wouldny pish on him if he was on fire. Pun intended.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Is that a serious question?

He's a Hearts **** and I wouldny pish on him if he was on fire. Pun intended.
    That's not really an answer though is it? I would be astonished if he ended up with us but it's perfectly valid to ask why he hates us? Hates? Pretty strong term that and lots of players/coaches cross divides.......

That's not really an answer though is it? I would be astonished if he ended up with us but it's perfectly valid to ask why he hates us? Hates? Pretty strong term that and lots of players/coaches cross divides.......
    Hate in a sporting sense. He is a dyed in the wool lifelong Jambo so he probably isn't too keen on us.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Id rather have him inside the tent than out of it.

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I have yet to renew my season ticket and intend to do so this week. firstly, I can definitely say that if this indeed is to happen, I will not renew. this person you mention, is indeed the anti-Christ of Hibernians and I will for one , would be disgusted , nay, flabbergasted or even gutted, perplexed, confused ,amazed, and a whole lot of other words in that area as well as feeling dirty if Hibernian football club even considered employing this TIT. I will wait with baited breath .
    Don't suppose you will listen but Gary Locke is a really good guy (anything but a Tit as you put it )
    and would work extremely hard if given a role with our youth set up. Too much emphasis on past clubs doesn 't help anybody and given we have just lost a great talent who was brought up a Hearts man should tell you everything. Locke wouldn't be working with the first team anyway and it sounds like you are looking for an excuse not to buy a season for the the team you claim to support.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    I actually spoke to brown when he was here and he was absolutely delighted to be here.... said that though was a long time hearts man, hibs were a great club and it was an honour to be a part of it

Of course he would be proud to be part of the best club he will ever get a contract with, yet when we played them in the final, he couldn't come out and say who he wanted to win.

He would be the last person along with cocke who should ever be employed by our club, there are just some people who just cant be at Hibs, and there's two along with the likes of Levein and satchel.

It would make me physically sick to see them wear our gear.

I woudnt say hate is a strong term in a sporting sense. Never sung "we hate jam tarts and we hate Dundee"?

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I woudnt say hate is a strong term in a sporting sense. Never sung "we hate jam tarts and we hate Dundee"?
    Fair to say singing those lines is rather different to turning down a coaching position at a club (hopefully) playing at the top of the SPL as opposed to managing a part time club who finished bottom of all the senior leagues. Wouldn't you say that would be a lacking in ambition decision (salary too most likely) if based solely on the team you played for being from across the city?

Coaching Staff
    Can't see it but wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    So some folk won't go see Hibs if they employ Gary Locke because he hates Hibs. Surely if he hated Hibs that much he wouldn't entertain an offer of employment from us? I can't imagine he'd do anything but his best while in the role (should there be one) as football jobs are massively dependent on reputation. I can't think willfully harming the club you're employed by wouldn't do him any favours for future employment.

First Team Breakthrough
    Billy Brown should never have been let through the gates at East Mains. I never disliked Fenlon as much as some on here, but that was a honking decision. Same in this case, hope it doesn't happen.

That being said, this does provide an opportunity to rewatch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOQWTdhRZw8

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    Not a guy I want to see employed by Hibs in any capacity. Hearts through and through and his record is dismal elsewhere. Would 'dampen' spirits if you ask me.

Coaching Staff
    Was Jason Cummings not Hearts through and through? Pictured doing the 5-1 even?

Quote Originally Posted by seanoheimhin View Post
    Billy Brown should never have been let through the gates at East Mains. I never disliked Fenlon as much as some on here, but that was a honking decision. Same in this case, hope it doesn't happen.

That being said, this does provide an opportunity to rewatch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOQWTdhRZw8
    Brown was at Hibs before Fenlon, Fenlon didn't appoint him.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Locke to hibs...next joke please

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Isn't there an image of Locke's dad at tiny Tynie giving someone verbals on the touchline? Possibly Lennon? Or Griffiths?

First Team Breakthrough
    It's all true. He'll be in charge of the showers.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post
    Isn't there an image of Locke's dad at tiny Tynie giving someone verbals on the touchline? Possibly Lennon? Or Griffiths?
    Think it was Lockes brother - who is a grade A fanny.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    42 clubs in Scotland and he wants to come to us?

Why? To use us until he gets a better gig elsewhere?

If we can't find better than him for coaching our youth then it's time to scrap the youth system altogether.

Is it even conceivable that LD would allow Locke and Naismith anywhere near Easter Rd?

I can't think of a bigger mistake that she could make. This better all be BS.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    No, there was very few complaints on here at the time.
    Correct, very few complained. We were in such a mess at the time that a lot of folk thought that he might just be what we needed. Obviously he wasn't....

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Think it was Lockes brother - who is a grade A fanny.
    He really isn't. Neither of his brothers are

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    He really isn't. Neither of his brothers are
    I beg to disagree. One of them certainly is.

In fact I can honestly say he's one of the biggest ***** I've ever had the displeasure of meeting.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    Don't suppose you will listen but Gary Locke is a really good guy (anything but a Tit as you put it )
    and would work extremely hard if given a role with our youth set up. Too much emphasis on past clubs doesn 't help anybody and given we have just lost a great talent who was brought up a Hearts man should tell you everything. Locke wouldn't be working with the first team anyway and it sounds like you are looking for an excuse not to buy a season for the the team you claim to support.
    Nice post.

I have no time for hertz or the knuckle dragging element of heir support but if Eddie May/HFC think he would be a good addition to our staff then fine by me!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Was Jason Cummings not Hearts through and through? Pictured doing the 5-1 even?

Yes he was, so too was Whittaker but they came when they were young, Locke is in his 40's and too much water under the bridge for many on here to want him near the club. Is he a good coach? he seemed to bring through a good few Hearts youngsters when he was there, he's probably a better coach than manager.

Was he not in charge of yam colts when Walker, Nicholson etc came thru. If he is coming, it can only be to work with the kids.

I can't believe there aren't better coaches out there than Gary Locke. If this is Eddie May's choice then it raises questions about Eddie's judgement. I always thought Eddie was bit lightweight as a player and didn't develop like his contemporaries Kane and Collins but I still see him as one of us. I'll leave it to others to judge his effectiveness in developing our youngsters. He certainly should realise that Locke shouldn't be anywhere near our team. I've seen Locke at Tynecastle after derbies when I've been in hospitality. He hates us and there's was absolutely no humility from him. And remember this is a manager who was largely responsible for relegating one team and nearly relegating another in the same season.