hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Negativity towards some ex players

Personally I can't understand some of our supporters with their negativity towards some of our ex players. Scotty Allan for one. Yes he didn't leave us on the Best of terms as he thought the grass would be greener wanting to sign for Sevco and eventually going to the other half of the old firm. He would have been on much higher wages than we were giving him. I for one love Hibs and I can say openly if I played for us and another club offered me three or four times the salary I would certainly think about it, in all honesty I think most of us would move. Even some of our recent signings are being hammered and they haven't even played any games for us. It doesn't even stop there any potential signings are branded Sh..e or even worse. How do you think they feel if they decide to join our club. We should give 100% to all players who sign for us. Scott Allan was very good for us simple as that. I didn't here much said about Russel Lattapy (another great player in my opinion) when he let us down before the cup final when he had to be dropped for drinking before a big game. We are all entitled to our opinions but anyone playing for Hibs will always have my support. If they are good players I don't care what they have done we should be supporting them.
    Last edited by Wellbankhibby; 18-06-2017 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Error

2. Log in to remove the advert

Scott Allan totally disrupted our prep for the 2015/16 season, he is a prick and I hope he faces a barrage of abuse at ER next season.

Paul Hartley is a utter roaster. Add sleezeball into that as well. Had this misfortune of being in his company few years back. Never again. For that reason I have a lot of negativity against him.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Latapy was lambasted and booed by many when playing against us. I think most have mellowed over time and prefer to remember and appreciate the imense talent he had and joy he brought to ER.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scott Allan totally disrupted our prep for the 2015/16 season, he is a prick and I hope he faces a barrage of abuse at ER next season.
    I noticed Scott Allan again getting it from you but nothing about RL before a cup final. Exactly what I was going on about one rule for one. There are some players I don't particularly like either such as Paul Hartley but I make it a point not to post it all over the place. Present company excepted.

I love Hibs, I have no respect for anyone who tries to do something that could damage Hibs. Allan tried to force his way out to the huns and disrupted our prep for the season ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellbankhibby View Post
    Personally I can't understand some of our supporters with their negativity towards some of our ex players. Scotty Allan for one. Yes he didn't leave us on the Best of terms as he thought the grass would be greener wanting to sign for Sevco and eventually going to the other half of the old firm. He would have been on much higher wages than we were giving him. I for one love Hibs and I can say openly if I played for us and another club offered me three or four times the salary I would certainly think about it, in all honesty I think most of us would move. Even some of our recent signings are being hammered and they haven't even played any games for us. It doesn't even stop there any potential signings are branded Sh..e or even worse. How do you think they feel if they decide to join our club. We should give 100% to all players who sign for us. Scott Allan was very good for us simple as that. I didn't here much said about Russel Lattapy (another great player in my opinion) when he let us down before the cup final when he had to be dropped for drinking before a big game. We are all entitled to our opinions but anyone playing for Hibs will always have my support. If they are good players I don't care what they have done we should be supporting them.
    The problem with Scott Allan wasn't that he moved, it was how that move came about and his behaviour in the weeks leading up to that move which leave a particularly bad taste in the mouth and the reason why he will receive a bad reception next season.

There's plenty of players who have moved for more money who have come back to play against us and received a warm welcome from the fans (some of them have gone to the Old Firm). I don't think there's many Hibs fans who would grudge any player moving to a club where he's going to significantly enhance his weekly salary.

I know what you are saying, but there is a way to go about things, in the games he played that pre season, he clearly was in a huff, still managed to get a couple of goals and play well, but his attitude was terrible, only with us for one season and off at the first time of asking. Jason has done it the right way.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The problem with Scott Allan wasn't that he moved, it was how that move came about and his behaviour in the weeks leading up to that move which leave a particularly bad taste in the mouth and the reason why he will receive a bad reception next season.

There's plenty of players who have moved for more money who have come back to play against us and received a warm welcome from the fans (some of them have gone to the Old Firm). I don't think there's many Hibs fans who would grudge any player moving to a club where he's going to significantly enhance his weekly salary.
    On a personal note I would have preferred us to sign him again. I hope he isn't as good as when he played for us as he is going to cause some damage and I hope it's not against us. As for your point anyone no matter who will do anything to engineer a move from their workplace if they want out that's Facts. I am sure if he knew how things would turn out and he could turn the clock back he would stay with us. We all make mistakes in life, many have done it before and many will do it again.

I think the opposite. The support is too soft on players, especially those who come back sometimes more than once.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango Kid View Post
    I know what you are saying, but there is a way to go about things, in the games he played that pre season, he clearly was in a huff, still managed to get a couple of goals and play well, but his attitude was terrible, only with us for one season and off at the first time of asking. Jason has done it the right way.
    I can't disagree but that's my point yes Jason has done it the right way stayed with us and helped us to promotion same as John Collins and many before him. On the other hand many have engineered their way out by not performing or taking a huff. People are different Allan's attitude was terrible but would he have carried on like that if he knew how things would have turned out, I think not he would be one of our star performers. It serves no purpose to give him or signings you don't like abuse. We are meant to be better than most clubs. The Hibs Family.

We should all be allowed our own opinions. About anything.

Personally, I couldn't stand John Rankin. His playing style, the way he ran, his socks round his ankles, his constant ineffectiveness. He could be a top bloke for all I know, but he annoyed me every time he took the field. Also ColinNish, his goal scoring record was good, testament to him being able to take up good positions I suppose. But he was a clumsy ****, when he wasn't falling on his arse he was running offside. He might be a super intelligent person off the pitch, but he played like the village idiot. It got to the stage when I couldn't bear giving credit to either player when he did something unarguably good (the squiggler was a fluke, just so as you know).

It's all about opinions. Except when it's about prejudices

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Oh Scotty is it now?

Scotty your besty?

Give it a rest. The guy worked for us for a year, but decided he wanted to leave halfway through his contract and join our rivals.

I don't have anything personal against the guy, but he's not on my Christmas card list.

I can't disagree but that's my point yes Jason has done it the right way stayed with us and helped us to promotion same as John Collins and many before him. On the other hand many have engineered their way out by not performing or taking a huff. People are different Allan's attitude was terrible but would he have carried on like that if he knew how things would have turned out, I think not he would be one of our star performers. It serves no purpose to give him or signings you don't like abuse. We are meant to be better than most clubs. The Hibs Family.
    I don't mind anyone giving opposing player's stick, gets on my wick when it's our own players on receiving end though....Anyone not in Hibs jersey is fair game
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    We are too hard on existing Hibs players at times. I have no problem with giving ex players stick, especially ones who treated the club like **** as Scott Allan did. I gave KT it tight when he played for the Hun and Scott Brown too at Celtic. Griffiths will also feel the sharp end of my tongue at ER next season. Doesn't mean I won't take him back in a minute. But he plays for Celtic, not Hibs. I think it would be better to stick up for present Hibs players rather than those who have left and especially the ones who treated the club poorly

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    At the end of the day, it's just a game.

The only ex-Hibs player I wouldn't want back at the club (on a personal level) is Matt Doherty.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    We are too hard on existing Hibs players at times. I have no problem with giving ex players stick, especially ones who treated the club like **** as Scott Allan did. I gave KT it tight when he played for the Hun and Scott Brown too at Celtic. Griffiths will also feel the sharp end of my tongue at ER next season. Doesn't mean I won't take him back in a minute. But he plays for Celtic, not Hibs. I think it would be better to stick up for present Hibs players rather than those who have left and especially the ones who treated the club poorly
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I don't recall the sportsmen among us applauding Michael Stewart on his return to Hearts after playing for us.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Truly bizarre post.

I think every member of the SC winning side should get a good reception at ER should they return with another side.
    That's not too soft. It's hibs class and that's what keeps us apart from the yams and sevcos of this world.

FFS Scott let it go... Away and post on the dundee fans forum now eh.

On a personal note I would have preferred us to sign him again. I hope he isn't as good as when he played for us as he is going to cause some damage and I hope it's not against us. As for your point anyone no matter who will do anything to engineer a move from their workplace if they want out that's Facts. I am sure if he knew how things would turn out and he could turn the clock back he would stay with us. We all make mistakes in life, many have done it before and many will do it again.
    This for me if it was a choice of Sibbald or Allan it would be Allan any day, the money we can spend he is a better player by far.

Allan = weasel ****, Hartley = creepy ****, Latapy = drunken ****, Collins = useless ****

Fans love their team.
    The emotions they stir are like actual, personal relationships.
    Some relationships gradually go their separate ways - sometimes the people involved even remain friends.....

Then there's the other,(sadly) much, MUCH more common end to relationships. Often one party is behaving scandalously: taking their partner for granted, expecting to live life in a bracket that their actual finances cannot support, and of course - whoring themselves around anyone who'll have them!!!

If Wellbankhibby cannot follow these glaringly obvious facts of football and indeed life then perhaps a different pastime may be better to follow?

*For avoidance of doubt, the parting of the ways from the Mighty Hibernian that the horrible rat ******* Scott Allan engineered falls into category 2 .

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Oh Scotty is it now?

Scotty your besty?

Give it a rest. The guy worked for us for a year, but decided he wanted to leave halfway through his contract and join our rivals.

I don't have anything personal against the guy, but he's not on my Christmas card list.
    Not my besty but he did a good job when he was with us. So what if he wanted to leave. I wanted to leave my first job after a week. Your sarcasm makes me think you are one of the so called supporters who give players a hard time. Oh wait a minute your not a supporter as you don't support our players when they are with the team. If you did you would be my Besty.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I don't mind anyone giving opposing player's stick, gets on my wick when it's our own players on receiving end though....Anyone not in Hibs jersey is fair game
    Agree 100% nothing wrong with that.

The Allan thing staffers me. Some people on here are like scorned kids.

Allan came to us for free. Lit up the season playing a brand of fearless football we hadn't seen for seasons. He turned down dundee united in the jan window and went on to be the division player of the year.
    His boyhood team come calling at end of season so he puts in a transfer request in the time honoured fashion. Hibs don't sell to rangers so he goes to Celtic and we get a good deal in return from our free transfer the year before. The end.
    He never spoke badly of the club and I enjoyed watching him. I wasn't angry when he left but instead was disappointed he was gone.

It's life. The abuse that guy gets from some is all a bit embarrassing.

Blog Entries
    Coincidentally today I saw a clip of our 3rd goal in our biggest ever win over the team formerly known as Rangers. The 1st person to rush to the scorer, Scott Robertson & with a huge beam of delight on his face was Scott Allan. At that point he was a 100% Hibs man playing against his boyhood heroes. I wonder how we would have greeted Deek or Leigh scoring & celebrating for Yams or Sevco against us? SA did a grand job for us & we also did well out of his transfer. Like the OP I bear him no animosity at all.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Truly bizarre post.
    Why is it Bizarre it is a genuine point. For years I have listened to some supporters giving our own players abuse. Some on this site are giving Potential signing targets abuse and they aren't even here. Even recent signings are getting pelted they haven't even played for us yet. We are supposed to support the team and the players are a huge part of that.

@hibs.net private member
    Why is it Bizarre it is a genuine point. For years I have listened to some supporters giving our own players abuse. Some on this site are giving Potential signing targets abuse and they aren't even here. Even recent signings are getting pelted they haven't even played for us yet. We are supposed to support the team and the players are a huge part of that.
    But your thread is about "ex players" is it no?

Then you agree with a poster above that says anybody not in a Hibs top is fair game.

So what's it to be??