hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Royal Ascot

First Team Breakthrough

Royal Ascot

It's that time of year again when all the toffs get out their top hats and tails but as always the most important thing is the horses! Anyway my two horses for the week are Lady Aurelia in the kings stand stakes on the Tuesday and Limato in the Diamond jubilee stakes on the Saturday,double should be about 20-1,money's going on today!! Good luck!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

great preformance from Lady Aurelia, a real speed machine.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    great preformance from Lady Aurelia, a real speed machine.
    Yeah,was unstoppable today! Let's hope Limato on Sat can get the double up,c'mon!!🏇🏻🏇🏻🏇🏻

If ever there was an illustration of inequality it is Royal Ascot going on whilst people not that far away are homeless after a fire that killed over 80 poor people.

I went to Royal Ascot about 25 years ago. Even won. But it was way out of my league and uncomfortable being there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    If ever there was an illustration of inequality it is Royal Ascot going on whilst people not that far away are homeless after a fire that killed over 80 poor people.

I went to Royal Ascot about 25 years ago. Even won. But it was way out of my league and uncomfortable being there.
    Ghastly jumped-up city traders pretending to be toffs.

Was ladies day at Mussy on Sat ok by comparison?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Used to go to ascot every year when i lived down that way, we ran a bus and had tables and chairs set up at the side of the bus with drinks and food.

By the time the racing started i couldn't pick my nose, nevermind a horse. A bloody great day out, and im certainly no snob, and neither were any of those pissheads that were on the bus.

Of course all the trouble London and Manchester has had is bad, along with the fire, but what happened to everyone carrying on as usual, and not letting those maniacs win?

Another great performance from Highland Reel following on from his Coronation Cup win. (2 great rides from Moore too).

@hibs.net private member
    Had 2 winners from 3 bets each day so far. Today's selections are Santry in the 2.30, Mirage Dancer 3.05, Mori 3.40. 3 x £5 doubles and £5 treble. These are NOT tips just my selections.

Order of St George seems short enough today for a horse that has been turned over at odds on in 3 of his last 5 races. If he runs to his previous best then he's hard to beat but there's enough doubt and enough in the race to take him on imo.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Order of St George seems short enough today for a horse that has been turned over at odds on in 3 of his last 5 races. If he runs to his previous best then he's hard to beat but there's enough doubt and enough in the race to take him on imo.
    Big Orange for me in that race.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Big Orange for me in that race.

Do me nicely

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Do me nicely
    Good shout. Horse looked like he was loving it as well, ears were standing up like soldiers on guard duty.

Order of St George ran a cracker as well but Moore left him just to much to do. Not like him at all.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

The headon was interesting, Big Orange definitely moved out and touched Order of St George, but it would've been incredibly harsh if he'd lost the race. I've backed Big Orange plenty of times, he's the kind of horse everybody who knows racing would love to have, a real warrior. And earlier in the week we have the new Giant's Causeway- Highland Reel.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Had Atty Persse in the last. 16s for St Leger looks a bit tasty just now. Market leaders are AOBs first two home in Derby and I doubt both would run.

I thought Caravaggio and Winter were both impressive today. Would be fascinated to see Winter over a mile and a quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    Had Atty Persse in the last. 16s for St Leger looks a bit tasty just now. Market leaders are AOBs first two home in Derby and I doubt both would run.
    Atty Persse was impressive, particularly looking at how he had to move in from a high draw during the race. Good performance and well worth a small punt in the SL, although it looked quite a rough race.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I thought Caravaggio and Winter were both impressive today. Would be fascinated to see Winter over a mile and a quarter.
    Wonder if Winter is the best miler in the yard? High cruising speed, great temperament and gears at the end. Very interested to see how she is campaigned.

Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    Wonder if Winter is the best miler in the yard? High cruising speed, great temperament and gears at the end. Very interested to see how she is campaigned.
    I think she looks the type who could get a bit further. A lot of sprinters in her pedigree but the Galileo line suggests a bit of staying power and she certainly travels like she has more in the tank. I wonder if they would fancy the Nassau stakes with her?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think she looks the type who could get a bit further. A lot of sprinters in her pedigree but the Galileo line suggests a bit of staying power and she certainly travels like she has more in the tank. I wonder if they would fancy the Nassau stakes with her?
    As I thought:

http://www.itv.com/racing/aidan-obrien-winter-nassau-option-at-goodwood