hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Good luck son our begging pink friends will sleep a tad easier with thier sisters tonight

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because the club had to be promoted last season. If we had sold Jason last summer I'm not sure we would have won the league.
    That doesn't make any sense. Cummings signed a new contract in July 2016 and we rejected a bid from Peterborough of about £1.7m in August 2016. If the release clause was anywhere near 500k YTF would Peterborough bid 3 times that amount, and how could we have rejected it?
    Last edited by Big_Franck; 17-06-2017 at 12:05 PM.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Best of luck, Jason. Thanks for all the goals and all the laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Away back to Jkb.
    I am not a jambo. No need to be offensive.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    i imagine part of the reason it will have been undisclosed will be to prevent other clubs in scotland ect. bumping up their prices for players if they know we've definitely just taken in 1 million+ on Jase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good point

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Changing your story now you jambo....
    Have not changed 'my story' .
    As said already, was only saying what I heard.
    In no way am I jambo. End of.

Gutted, need 2 new proven forwards asap

I thought he'd go this summer. Glad it's happened now. Hope we move quickly to replace him. I'm pretty confident, unlike in the past, that we will be well down the road in that sense.

Promotion and Scottish Cup winner, couldn't really ask for more from a 21 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. Cummings signed a new contract in July 2016 and we rejected a bid from Peterborough of about £1.7m in August 2016. If the release clause was anywhere near 500k YTF would Peterborough bid 3 times that amount, and how could we have rejected it?
    The release clause could have a time stamp on it.

i.e. by signing Jason knew he was committing to a year and we would not sell but also know that 1/6/17 the release clause would be £500k

I can see why we did this and he probably wouldnt have stayed without such a deal. I just hope there is a sell on clause as well

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    So what do you know? He is backing up why he thinks he is right, everyone else is saying stuff without backing up why they have formed their opinion.
    I think the fact every outlet apart from the one poster with the "substantiated" claim is saying 7 figures plus tell us all we need to know. The poster is going against the grain so the only burden of proof is on him.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovehibs View Post
    500k. Real shame.
    Can see what Leeann is saying but 'undisclosed' tells its own story. 'Significant' maybe but not what he is worth.

Thank you and good luck Jason

Time for the club to get the right replacement in.
    500k? Swing and a miss. It was a seven figure fee.

Good luck Jason. You brought us so much fun in our darkest years and join a long, distinguished line of other Yam torturers, .. Riordan, Latapy, Sauzee, Mixu, Stanton, ORourke, Cropley, Baker, etc etc etc...

Seven figure sum stolen from them, painful goals endured, pumped them out of 2 Scottish Cups, and had a huge hand in ripping the last pathetic pages out of their medieval song book.

Always welcome back at ER.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Sky Sports stating that the deal is worth in excess of £1M to Hibs

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Does it really matter the​ exact fee? He's gone, we move on and trust Lennon to spend whatever money we got wisely.
    Are you for real?
    It is pretty relevant!

would you want 500k in the bank or 1million? Or not be bothered.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    I'll not believe it until it's from a substantiated source like JC's uncle's dog.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    500k is just drivel, never heard a club rejecting a 1.7m (instalments included) to then verbally agree the player can leave for a 1/3 of that value next season just to keep him.

So let me get this straight:
    Player has longer contract
    Another season scoring 20+ goals
    Added set pieces to his game
    Had a bid rejected worth 1.7m for him when he had 1 year left on his contract...

But goes for 500k

Club will have got decent cash, we move on, these Hearts fan or saboteurs should just get lost to be honest.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Couldn't care less what the fee was, it's irrelevant to us as fans other than for some kind of bragging rights or comfort blanket.

The club said they got a good deal. That's good enough for me.

Who actually came up with the £500k release clause?

The club, the player and his agent would have been well aware that he'd be worth more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    I reckon it's 500k and one of his mates I work with was telling truth, I got shot down last week on here. I even said it would be announced as undisclosed. Why would hibs make it clear what lasts years offer was ? But not this one ? Sadly hibs are doing clever way of making it undisclosed and saying things like "significant fee" to pull wool over our eyes. They have cocked up in receiving less than they should. IMO
    Kenny Millar - usually spot on, states it's 7 figures.
    Nottingham post - states £1.8 million.
    Multiple other papers - state between £1 and 1.4 million (some mention a sell on fee).

Think I will put my faith in those figures. Somewhere in your chain of information there is someone of a maroon persuasion trying to stir it, but I'm sure you already know that.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Has the club not realised yet that all figures to do with transfers are decided by someone on .net. Once that figure has been announced by a poster the club can have no say in the matter.

Sorry to see him go, but good business for us. No point trying to keep a player who is set on leaving. As Leeann says, if he had not signed the contract last summer he could have left for nothing this summer, plus the disruption signing a pre contract might have caused. I think as per usual under our new regime we will have come out of it with the best possible deal.

Now we move on and sign some more strikers.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    What was their source? We've got far more credible sources here, we've had one which suggests it went down like "I'm his da' and he's going for £500k before tax, here I can show you the paperwork if you want to know the exact value...Jase said it was fine, go on just a have a look at the transfer papers...go on go on go on!"

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by high bee View Post
    Multiple other papers - state between £1 and 1.4 million (some mention a sell on fee).

Think I will put my faith in those figures. Somewhere in your chain of information there is someone of a maroon persuasion trying to stir it, but I'm sure you already know that.
    ....the same week they only got £400,000 for Paterson and lose Nicolson for nixy

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by high bee View Post

This!

Sky Sports are also stating that it is in excess of £1M.

First Team Breakthrough Dobosz83's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dobosz1983
    All the best Jason Cummings. You've left the club a legend who will always be welcome back at Easter Road!

As for the bickering regarding the 'fee' and the money involved etc. we will never actually find out and I honestly couldn't care less. I'm finally in a position where I totally and utterly trust the board to get it right and I fully expect some exciting signings into the club on the back of this news...

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Whatever we got, and I hope it's a 7 figure sum, is a 7 figure sum more than Hearts got for him

Just want to say, best of luck to Jason, thank you for the goals and the laughs, and thank you for sticking it up our pinky chums, every time you scored against them😄

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    What was their source? We've got far more credible sources here, we've had one which suggests it went down like "I'm his da' and he's going for £500k before tax, here I can show you the paperwork if you want to know the exact value...Jase said it was fine, go on just a have a look at the transfer papers...go on go on go on!"

I'm sure someone said it was his uncles dug?

@hibs.net private member
    Hardest position on the pitch to find a replacement for so will be interesting to see what Lennon does. He will probably have to go for multiple players rather than a single replacement to fill the goal gap. That may work well but there is something about a talisman striker particularly in big games. The press release indicates we got a fee considerably less than offered last year but the reasons stated are what we have all been asking the club to do for years - put footballing ambition first.

Good luck to Jason, I think he has the skill, determination and most importantly the attitude to do very well down south. A cup winning legend who leaves with lots of positive memories and a couple of medals. Not bad for a Hearts reject.

@hibs.net private member
    Good luck son was a pleasure watching you play for Hibs.
    You seemed to enjoy it aswell.
    Welcome back anytime.
    Cup winning legend..

Why do I have the feeling £500k for Cummings is gonna be the new £150k for Griffiths?

Let's sell no one else please so we can see what it says in the annual accounts.