hibs.net Messageboard

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty

The Book of Mormon

I'm off to New York in November, and planning to go see The Book of Mormon on Broadway, anyone seen it? Worth the money? No far off £300 for 2 tickets.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm off to New York in November, and planning to go see The Book of Mormon on Broadway, anyone seen it? Worth the money? No far off £300 for 2 tickets.
    Saw it in London a few years ago. One of the funniest theatre shows I've ever seen. Want to see it again, to catch all the lines I missed for laughing so much.

Saw it in London a couple of years back. Very funny and exactly as you would expect from the writers, definitely not for the easily offended.

£300 seems steep but as a show I would definitely recommend.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Saw it in London a few years ago. One of the funniest theatre shows I've ever seen. Want to see it again, to catch all the lines I missed for laughing so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Saw it in London a couple of years back. Very funny and exactly as you would expect from the writers, definitely not for the easily offended.

£300 seems steep but as a show I would definitely recommend.
    Thanks, I could get tickets for other shows for a lot less money, but I really fancy The Book of Mormon. It'll be on my birthday, plus I'd be using gambling winnings to pay for it anyway, so not too concerned about the cost

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    It'll cost you a fortune if you take all the wives.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    It'll cost you a fortune if you take all the wives.

One is more than enough!

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Thanks, I could get tickets for other shows for a lot less money, but I really fancy The Book of Mormon. It'll be on my birthday, plus I'd be using gambling winnings to pay for it anyway, so not too concerned about the cost
    It's a gamble and might not be worth doing since it is a show you really want to see... but you could wait until you get there and see if you can get tickets for it at the Half Price Hut (I think it's officially called TKTS) but they don't always have the show you want or the availability on the day you want. There's one in Times Square and at the Seaport Downtown (there may be others). We did it for Jersey Boys and saved a packet.

I've not seen Book of Mormon but friends were in New York recently and saw it and said it was really good (and right up my street).

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    It's a gamble and might not be worth doing since it is a show you really want to see... but you could wait until you get there and see if you can get tickets for it at the Half Price Hut (I think it's officially called TKTS) but they don't always have the show you want or the availability on the day you want. There's one in Times Square and at the Seaport Downtown (there may be others). We did it for Jersey Boys and saved a packet.

I've not seen Book of Mormon but friends were in New York recently and saw it and said it was really good (and right up my street).
    Yeah I'd read about that, and if I wasn't bothered what I was going to see, I'd prob just do it that way.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

Smile

I was in Melbourne a few months ago, when the show was on there. There were adverts all over the place. So, when 2 smartly-dressed young men approached me in the street and tried to engage me in conversation, I told them "it's okay, guys. I've seen your show, and loved it...."

"Um, we're not from the show, sir......."

Real Mormons.....

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I was in Melbourne a few months ago, when the show was on there. There were adverts all over the place. So, when 2 smartly-dressed young men approached me in the street and tried to engage me in conversation, I told them "it's okay, guys. I've seen your show, and loved it...."

"Um, we're not from the show, sir......."
    Real Mormons.....
    The Mormon after the night before - kinda?

Gamer IDs

Just saw this, it was absolutely fantastic. I was laughing all the way through it. If it ever comes to Edinburgh I'll definitely see it again.