hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fraser Fyvie

Testimonial Due
    Seems like a bit of kok-up, from both sides

If he wants to stay, and we want to keep him, then it should be possible to get a deal done, even now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disgraceful way to treat a cup winning legend.... football's a short career and hes a young guy...wouldnt you want to keep your options open incase you had the chance to earn more money elsewhere.
    So should Hibs just have waited forever on an answer and let targets slip away in the meantime?

I wanted FF to stay but he played a form of Russian Roulette................... and lost.

@hibs.net private member
    If this version is correct FF was a bit daft but Hibs have not replaced him so to withdraw the contract offer is also daft

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Disgraceful way to treat a cup winning legend.... football's a short career and hes a young guy...wouldnt you want to keep your options open incase you had the chance to earn more money elsewhere.
    Cup winner or not HE rejected us, then realized we were probably his best option and came back. His own fault for this mess, he could have asked for time to reflect on the offer, he didnt, he rejected it then came running back when no better offers came in.

Made his own bed, he can sleep in it. Only want players at this club who want to be here for the right reasons, not because nobody else wants them.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    typical poor reporting from EEN

"The Aberdonian’s departure means John McGinn, Dylan McGeouch and Bartley are the only senior midfielders currently available to Lennon, although young duo Scott Martin and Fraser Murray will be pushing for more prominent involvement in the upcoming campaign."

I think they forgot about Danny Swanson !

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    He rejected the offer....then after having no one else trying to sign him he comes back and says nah I'll take the offer?? No brainer for me. Good luck to the boy.

I don't get this attitude.

If we can agree terms with FF, why wouldn't we?

The EEN report seems to suggest he actually rejected the offer as opposed to just stalling. I'd probably take a harder line on that than I would if he had simply taken a week or 2 to weigh up his options tbh.

In saying that he's a good player so if a deal could still be done I'd be tempted to try and do it.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Unless we have a gautenteed 1st choice signing target coming in then I think it's silly, I can see it from the club's point of view where we want players who want to sign on the dotted line without having to take over and above any time that has been set out.

Surely you're missing the point.He rejected the offer and the club accepted his decision.End of story is it not.

Nobody is bigger than the club. I'm afraid Fraser has made a right mess of it. Good luck to him though. Can see him ending up at Dundee United or Falkirk.

I wonder if Lennon might have been questioning his attitude and was in some ways testing him/ all of the out of contract players?

He looked like his head went down during the second half of the season, I wonder if his attitude maybe wasn't all it should have been and that has been reflected in this carry on?

I really can't understand some of the comments .How was Lennon testing him?He was offered a contract and didn't want it .

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I really can't understand some of the comments .How was Lennon testing him?He was offered a contract and didn't want it .
    It's more trying to explain why the contract was pulled in spite of Fyvie changing his mind.

He signs the contract - he's committed and good to go.

He pisses about - he's not committed so lets move on.

We've got the players who were committed, we've lost the ones who were not.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Maybe he can hang it next to his most underrated player at Hibs award.
    Lewey has easily won that particular award for the past 3 seasons or more.

First Team Breakthrough
    Good player but clearly not commited

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It's more trying to explain why the contract was pulled in spite of Fyvie changing his mind.

He signs the contract - he's committed and good to go.

He pisses about - he's not committed so lets move on.

We've got the players who were committed, we've lost the ones who were not.
    From what I take from the story the contract wasn't pulled, it was rejected. It then wasn't offered again when FF came calling.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I wonder if Lennon might have been questioning his attitude and was in some ways testing him/ all of the out of contract players?

He looked like his head went down during the second half of the season, I wonder if his attitude maybe wasn't all it should have been and that has been reflected in this carry on?
    I think he was still smarting from the cup semi when he was hooked and went in the huff. No pun intended

It doesn't really seem to add up though, does it? Why would he turn up to sign the deal if he had already rejected it? It sounds like a lack of communication to me. If you were offered a job and rejected it, you wouldn't go back to the employer a few weeks later looking to take the job.

It's more likely that he thought the contract wasn't good enough through cash or length. Hibs have probably said that's the best you're getting take it or leave it, so he left it. He's gone on holiday, mulled it over and thought maybe it was a good deal after all and decided to go for it. Unless Hibs have someone better waiting to sign I just can't see the point of us not agreeing.

Whether anyone thinks he is or isn't good enough, it's a bit off that he wasn't given a bit leeway on this. It is after all his future and wages for the next few years. I would add that we've no idea the amount of time Hibs were waiting on an answer or any other details behind it, so can't really blame the club without having all the facts.

Don't buy the not committed thing. The truth is that every player wants the best possible deal for himself in terms of a) money b) high profile suitors c) involvement in first team action.

Fyvie tried to pursue his best interests. It was probably bad tactics on his part and it didn't work. Doesn't mean you shut the door. Everything is negotiable.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Whether anyone thinks he is or isn't good enough, it's a bit off that he wasn't given a bit leeway on this. It is after all his future and wages for the next few years. I would add that we've no idea the amount of time Hibs were waiting on an answer or any other details behind it, so can't really blame the club without having all the facts.
    Though you just have.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=worcesterhibby;5075984]typical poor reporting from EEN

"The Aberdonian’s departure means John McGinn, Dylan McGeouch and Bartley are the only senior midfielders currently available to Lennon, although young duo Scott Martin and Fraser Murray will be pushing for more prominent involvement in the upcoming campaign."

The EEN report I read said "senior central midfielders". I think they see Danny as more of a wide player or even a #10. Not one to defend the EEN but they're correct this time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Don't buy the not committed thing. The truth is that every player wants the best possible deal for himself in terms of a) money b) high profile suitors c) involvement in first team action.

Fyvie tried to pursue his best interests. It was probably bad tactics on his part and it didn't work. Doesn't mean you shut the door. Everything is negotiable.
    Sums it up perfectly for me. If we end up spending money to get in a lesser player than FF then we're just cutting our noses off. Let's kiss & make up.

We played some of our best football when we had Fyvie, McGinn & Dylan interchanging in the middle. 3 talented and young midfielders with their best years ahead of them.
    Fyvie is an asset.
    Can see it from both points of view but hoping it can be put behind them, get back to the table and sort it out.
    Love it if he were to stay

I'm going on the information available and think that' it's a bit off from Hibs if true. However, I've also said that we don't have all the facts so can't really blame anyone without these facts. I've also not made any judgment on whether or not we should sign him again as I don't know what we may replace him with. I'm also sure John McGinn or Jason Cummings would have been given a second chance, which probably says it all regarding Neil Lennon's thoughts on FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post

Yep.

We should now go to him with a slightly poorer offer (very slightly) than the one he originally turned down but is now happy with. Hibs retain a cracking player, and don't get seen to be played around, Fyvie gets a new contract, everyone's a winner.

Seems a no brainer to me, what am I missing?

Can't help but feel this all goes back to Fyvie getting subbed off against Aberdeen in the semi final, which will have really hurt his pride. You can't really blame him for taking the hump after that. Had to be done but very few players would take it on the chin imo
    Last edited by hibsdaft; 20-06-2017 at 10:56 AM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    If there is anything I have learnt over the last few weeks it is not to take the media version of events as gospel, as simple word such as rejected changes the whole context of the situation between Fyvie and Hibs. I'm not sure what to believe any more.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    I heard Leeann doesn't like to have too many gingers associated with the first team squad - makes us look too Irish - and with Simon Murray coming in either Fraser or Neilly had to be nudged out. Disgrace if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    I'm going on the information available and think that' it's a bit off from Hibs if true. However, I've also said that we don't have all the facts so can't really blame anyone without these facts. I've also not made any judgment on whether or not we should sign him again as I don't know what we may replace him with. I'm also sure John McGinn or Jason Cummings would have been given a second chance, which probably says it all regarding Neil Lennon's thoughts on FF.
    This is probably the key. I am one of the FF fans on this board and would have him in the team most weeks but accept that sometimes you have to prioritise. NL maybe felt that with McGinn, McGeouch, Bartley plus Martin and maybe new players he's identified who could play there (perhaps Whittaker?) that central midfield is less of a priority than other areas of the team.

I read on here that Fraser didn't use an agent when he spoke to the club. I hope he's not lost out here because of the lack of a professional adviser liaising with the club. Clubs moan often enough about having to deal with agents and it would be ironic if this situation highlights to players the importance of involving a third party.

I'd imagine LD, GC and NL had a budget set out for if the players renewed. FF didn't do it in time and they moved on to the next budget which they are already working towards and probably making progress on.

I like FF but I'm not going to criticise our successful transfer ops team without knowing the facts, ken.