hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fraser Fyvie

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Fyvie was alright, however I'm not too fussed about his departure. When it comes to player archetypes, he's one of the easier ones to replace. Mind you, what do I know, I rated Shinnie after all.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they are why is he signing for Dundee?? Not knocking him as I said in my post but he hands down wins the award for most overrated Hibs player on .net
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Has he signed for Dundee?
    Kenny Millar‏ @Kenny_Millar 20 minutes ago
    Replying to @Billychaotic182
    No, nothing in Fyvie and Dundee as it stands. Checked that earlier.

Lennon correctly saw Fraser as a real talent.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IanFaeClerrie View Post
    Lennon correctly saw Fraser as a real talent.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
    We are losing Fyvie, Cummings, Holt and have lost Kea tings. 4 of my favourite players from last season. No equivalent replacements yet (Sorry Simon - but you're no Cumdog).

At the moment my cup is half empty. Neil, George, Leeann - please fill it up.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    If they are why is he signing for Dundee?? Not knocking him as I said in my post but he hands down wins the award for most overrated Hibs player on .net

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Maybe he can hang it next to his most underrated player at Hibs award.

@hibs.net private member
    I don't see how it's too late. We've not brought in a replacement so looking for one is going to take longer than keeping him. Plus he's a very good player.

Seen that, some clarity.

Think it's a terrible decision whilst understandable

It's not like we had an alternative waiting in the wings or if we did, looks like we've either missed out or waiting for them to accept our offer in their own time.

Quite clearly Fyvie divides opinion so no pitch here to convince anyone of his merits. Personally, think the boy is quality. Gutted we couldn't have just done the deal when he chaged his mind. Will be pleasantly surpised if his replacement is an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Allan has played about a hour in 2 years. Beyond me why people think we would want him.
    Would be a shock to his system to have to work for a living rather than sitting on his erkie watching others play football on a Saturday. A waster.

Sounds like we probably had some players in mind after he rejected the contract. Difficult to find better than FF on our budget though.

Shame that one of the cup winners leaves in this manner. But if he rejected our offer thinking he could get something better and we were his fall back, then that's his problem.

People say we will do well to get better than Fyvie. I think the same can be said for him, don't think he'll get a better club than Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He's only got himself to blame if that scenario is correct.

Testimonial Due
    Always feel a wee bit sad when a Scottish Cup winner leaves. Prediction for who will be the last remaining ? Hanlon or Stevenson I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    I don't see how it's too late. We've not brought in a replacement so looking for one is going to take longer than keeping him. Plus he's a very good player.
    Two issues imho. Presume when he rejected the offer we would have began to find a replacement. That might be well down the road before Fraser reconsidered. Too late for us to stop. We will find out soon enough and if Lennon thinks the guy we are going for is better than Fyvie then it also explains why the offer had been taken off the table.

Second, we can't have players mucking us about. It sounds like this is not Fyvie saying I want more time to think about it. This is him saying No Thanks. Then presume when nothing else cropped up he says, hang on I have changed my mind?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Shame that one of the cup winners leaves in this manner. But if he rejected our offer thinking he could get something better and we were his fall back, then that's his problem.

People say we will do well to get better than Fyvie. I think the same can be said for him, don't think he'll get a better club than Hibs.
    Agree with all of this. At least we now know he rejected Hibs' offer. A situation all of his own making.

Sad to see any of our cup winners leave though and if he returns to Easter Road as a visiting player I hope he gets the respect he deserves, at least until the game starts

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco G View Post
    Two issues imho. Presume when he rejected the offer we would have began to find a replacement. That might be well down the road before Fraser reconsidered. Too late for us to stop. We will find out soon enough and if Lennon thinks the guy we are going for is better than Fyvie then it also explains why the offer had been taken off the table.

Second, we can't have players mucking us about. It sounds like this is not Fyvie saying I want more time to think about it. This is him saying No Thanks. Then presume when nothing else cropped up he says, hang on I have changed my mind?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    That's what I'm getting from it. Sounds like a guy who wanted to move on, then never got any half decent offers so decided we were infact the best he could get. I have no issues with that from Fyvies point of view, he hadn't been playing as often as I'm sure he'd like so it's fair enough that he wanted to look elsewhere, but it's not exactly the commitment you're looking for from a player is it? A sort of "awch, nothing else came up so I'll just stay" sort of feeling to it. Neither party is in the wrong here but I reckon Hibs have done the right thing.

Thanks for your efforts Fraser, you'll forever be a legend at Hibs and good luck wherever you go next.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Would rather have player who are committed to playing for and are exited to play for Hibs! Not players who wanted away and only when they can't find anything better think 'oh well, you'll have to do'

He rejected the offer....then after having no one else trying to sign him he comes back and says nah I'll take the offer?? No brainer for me. Good luck to the boy.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    That's what I'm getting from it. Sounds like a guy who wanted to move on, then never got any half decent offers so decided we were infact the best he could get. I have no issues with that from Fyvies point of view, he hadn't been playing as often as I'm sure he'd like so it's fair enough that he wanted to look elsewhere, but it's not exactly the commitment you're looking for from a player is it? A sort of "awch, nothing else came up so I'll just stay" sort of feeling to it. Neither party is in the wrong here but I reckon Hibs have done the right thing.

Thanks for your efforts Fraser, you'll forever be a legend at Hibs and good luck wherever you go next.
    All conjecture though. We don't know the reason and although it sounds that way iy could equally have been the terms he rejected and not simply staying with Hibs. Length of contract for example. Maybe he wanted longer, Fontaine signed for a year for example.

Gutted he's away. It's a detriment to the team IMO.

Not miffed at Hibs though, it's been fair enough. Just feel both parties will lose out now. All a bit Levein/Steven Fletcher-esque.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He rejected the offer....then after having no one else trying to sign him he comes back and says nah I'll take the offer?? No brainer for me. Good luck to the boy.
    Pretty much this

I like Fyvie and my preference would have been for him to stay.

I also respect his right to look for better elsewhere but it seems to me he has handled it poorly / been advised poorly.

If I had been in his shoes and was looking at options, I would have known what was available elsewhere and would have had my mind made up by the day after Hibs offer landed.

Its possible that he had another offer that was subsequently withdrawn elsewhere and if that's the case he is unlucky, but still deserves to find himself in the situation he is.

Likewise I wish him the best of luck

I can still see him signing for us over next few weeks.

We wanted him a few weeks ago and unless we have someone materially better lined up (which we would probably heard about by. I) then we have made our point to him and all, but we should still sign him up.

This was what I was told a few weeks ago, on the other hand Boyle told the club he would sign on his return from holiday and duly did, if Fraser thought he could get better elsewhere then hell mend him. Fraser on his day is very decent midfielder but latterly his form had dipped and he found himself on the bench more often than not, we need players on their game 80% of the time not as inconsistent as Fyvie was.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    I can still see him signing for us over next few weeks.

We wanted him a few weeks ago and unless we have someone materially better lined up (which we would probably heard about by. I) then we have made our point to him and all, but we should still sign him up.
    Hope so.

If not good luck to the guy - cup winning legend

If he is willing to take the terms we originally offered then sign him up.
    We won't get better.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    "With Hibs eager to begin preparations at the earliest opportunity for their impending return to the Premiership, offers were made under the proviso that players had to give a swift indication of whether they intended to accept them."

That is the key part to me. There's no ambiguity there. It more or less says sign now or goodbye, thank you very much.
    I would really like FF to stay but it looks like he made his own bed in all this.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    We won't get better.
    I agree. Make it happen Hibs.

We won't get better.

yes we will.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Looks like it was sign or move on. If that was made clear I don't know why FF thought that there was a third option just for him.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    We won't get better.
    Why has no one else signed him if he is the absolute best central midfielder available right now?

Disgraceful way to treat a cup winning legend.... football's a short career and hes a young guy...wouldnt you want to keep your options open incase you had the chance to earn more money elsewhere.