hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraser Fyvie

Some of the comments on here are incredible, he couldn't get a sniff of a game most of the time the last few months and is an average player who creates little on the whole and has zero goal threat along with a knack of misplacing the most simple pass, good luck to him at his new club.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some of the comments on here are incredible, he couldn't get a sniff of a game most of the time the last few months and is an average player who creates little on the whole and has zero goal threat along with a knack of misplacing the most simple pass, good luck to him at his new club.
    aye ok then

Indeed they are. Opinions eh!

(never used that before )

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    You cant be serious
    I think he has the potential to elevate his game to that level yes. He had bags of potential at Aberdeen and he showed it occasionally at Hibs. If he can play at his best more often than not then he'd be chapping on the door.

I'm not saying he will or that I even think he will but I do believe he has a high enough ceiling to be a Scotland player.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Not that disappointed to see FF go tbh, out of Bartley & Fyvie we have retained the right player. I'm sure we can replace with better, hope so anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    aye ok then
    2 goals in 54 games and he hardly got a game since january in the second tier of scottish football, hopefully his wages will go towards someone who is a guaranteed starter.

That is all.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    2 goals in 54 games and he hardly got a game since january in the second tier of scottish football, hopefully his wages will go towards someone who is a guaranteed starter.
    Bartley hasn't scored any goals for us, should we have got rid of him as well?

I like Fyvie, but when everyone is fit and playing well he wouldn't be a starter for me, so if he wants to leave to go somewhere he would be good luck to him

If FF is off to Dundee then I will be sad to see him go but wish him the best of luck. For me - he's a good player and I always liked the way he helped us play football from the back. He will certainly improve Dundee's midfield. If they can get Scott Allan fit and motivated too then that is a really good start for Dundee in building their team for next year.

How many hours had he played in the 2 years previous to signing for us and being our best player by a mile?
    Fair point, but interesting that he -Scott Allan -has played a third of all his professional games, for Hibs, in one season, out of his 8 years as a pro! Think that says it all about his ability, or lack of, to get into a team and hold his place.

I think Fraser Fyvie, on the other hand, wants to leave because he is not happy to pick up a wage and not be a starter.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Marco G; 15-06-2017 at 11:07 AM.

The folk who are happy to see him go will be the same ones moaning when we are kicking the ball long without him next season. We always played better, more fluid, more calculated football with him in the side. Without him and McGeouch we often looked lost and devoid of any plan to score a goal.

I really dislike the decision to let him leave, I think it is a big mistake and he'll go on and do very well somewhere else. He is exactly the type of player we wanted for years when we were struggling. Young, talented, committed, passionate and a Scottish cup winner with Hibs. What more could we possibly ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    The folk who are happy to see him go will be the same ones moaning when we are kicking the ball long without him next season. We always played better, more fluid, more calculated football with him in the side. Without him and McGeouch we often looked lost and devoid of any plan to score a goal.

I really dislike the decision to let him leave, I think it is a big mistake and he'll go on and do very well somewhere else. He is exactly the type of player we wanted for years when we were struggling. Young, talented, committed, passionate and a Scottish cup winner with Hibs. What more could we possibly ask for.
    We didn't 'always' play better with him. We struggled to score goals with and without him in the team. No real difference with or without.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 15-06-2017 at 11:23 AM.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar

His and Dylan McGeouchs contribution to the team are greatly exaggerated in my opinion. Both decent players but contribute nowhere near enough in terms of chances created or goals scored. I'd rather we signed players like that and have Bartley there to do the dirty unspectacular work, which again in my opinion he does better than Fyvie.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    His and Dylan McGeouchs contribution to the team are greatly exaggerated in my opinion. Both decent players but contribute nowhere near enough in terms of chances created or goals scored. I'd rather we signed players like that and have Bartley there to do the dirty unspectacular work, which again in my opinion he does better than Fyvie.
    And how does the ball consistently reach those players in damaging positions? Every great team for the last 20 years has had a deep play maker.

And how does the ball consistently reach those players in damaging positions? Every great team for the last 20 years has had a deep play maker.
    That would suggest to me that you felt Fyvie was regularly passing the ball to players in damaging positions. My view was that he didn't do that nearly enough.

I agree with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    That is all.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Fantastic pic. FF will be missed and I'm sad to see him go. I think he'll do very well at Dundee.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    That would suggest to me that you felt Fyvie was regularly passing the ball to players in damaging positions. My view was that he didn't do that nearly enough.
    No, he was the link between the back 4 and the dangerous players. Plenty of examples of this, a quick look at some highlights from the last 2 years will show this. The cup final showed this.

Funny according to some posters on here the likes of Aberdeen, Sevco and the like would be courting Fyvie's signature...clearly not. As I've always thought he is a decent competent midfielder but nothing more

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    No, he was the link between the back 4 and the dangerous players. Plenty of examples of this, a quick look at some highlights from the last 2 years will show this. The cup final showed this.
    You're wasting your time mate. Unless you score lots of goals or make lots of crunching tackles you are no good at football.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Funny according to some posters on here the likes of Aberdeen, Sevco and the like would be courting Fyvie's signature...clearly not. As I've always thought he is a decent competent midfielder but nothing more

I don't think Rangers will be interested under their new management but who says Aberdeen are not courting Fyvie's signature?

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I don't think Rangers will be interested under their new management but who says Aberdeen are not courting Fyvie's signature?
    If they are why is he signing for Dundee?? Not knocking him as I said in my post but he hands down wins the award for most overrated Hibs player on .net

If they are why is he signing for Dundee?? Not knocking him as I said in my post but he hands down wins the award for most overrated Hibs player on .net

Has he signed for Dundee?

@hibs.net private member
    FF is an excellent player who played a major part in our cup final win. For me I'd play him every week before Bartley but Lennon obviously sees it differently. If FF signs for Dundee I'll give him a warm reception when he returns to ER

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    FF is an excellent player who played a major part in our cup final win. For me I'd play him every week before Bartley but Lennon obviously sees it differently. If FF signs for Dundee I'll give him a warm reception when he returns to ER
    Yes I would also

Yes I would also

Likewise. I don't think he as good as others would have you believe. But he won the Scottish Cup with Hibs and I will always be grateful for his contribution in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    You're wasting your time mate. Unless you score lots of goals or make lots of crunching tackles you are no good at football.
    Please point me to any post where I've said Fyvie is no good at football. More than once I've said he's a decent player I just don't rate him as highly as others on here.

aye ok then
    ok how many goals did he score last season ? 0
    how many assists ? 0
    how many misplaced passes ? 100's

Maybe some folks ken a good footballer 🤔
    whilst others don't 😉

Overrated my Arse.... As I previously stated
    "Try facing the pitch" FF will be sadly missed.

Sad to see him go - thought we usually played better with him in midfield and felt he helped keep a decent tempo when we played through him in midfield.
    I'm sure he'll do well wherever he goes next and I wish him all the best...