hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraser Fyvie

Hybrid View

Fraser Fyvie

Heard he is signing for Dundee.

Would be another great signing for Dundee if they were to sign him along with Allan.

Promising Youngster dunedinhibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Hibernianfcggtth
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard he is signing for Dundee.

Would be another great signing for Dundee if they were to sign him along with Allan.
    That would be an amazing signing for them. Next they will be buying Mcginn off us.

Quote Originally Posted by dunedinhibs View Post
    That would be an amazing signing for them. Next they will be buying Mcginn off us.

Fyvie is out of contract and McGinn has 2 years left.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I'm not sure he was bein all that serious.

Promising Youngster dunedinhibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Hibernianfcggtth
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    was only kidding bud

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    It's a friggin disaster to lose such a talented player as Fyvie, especially when he seems happy to go to a Club like Dundee.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    It's a friggin disaster to lose such a talented player as Fyvie, especially when he seems happy to go to a Club like Dundee.
    theres a reason he's happy to go to dundee , obviously nobody better wants him . Although his fan club on here keep insisting he'd walk into any team bar celtic . The reality is he wouldnt get a game at any top 6 sides because he's not that good

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    It is but if the boy wants a guarantee to play every week it's something he must feel he has to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dunedinhibs View Post
    was only kidding bud
    Fair enough 😁

TBH if Fyvie was such an important player for us, why has Lennon not done more to keep him?

For me he's an average to decent midfielder who on his day can be very good but is very inconsistent with too many off days. I feel Lennon thinks Bartley can do the dirty work against the bigger teams and bring in a more attacking midfielder for the others, also I'm hoping Martin steps up this season and maybe fills that gap.

Where are Dundee getting the money from ..must be at least part of Scott Allan wage and now potentially Fyvie ..??

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    Where are Dundee getting the money from ..must be at least part of Scott Allan wage and now potentially Fyvie ..??
    Paul Hartley said last year £800 a week was a 'big wage' at Dundee.

No idea if they have had investment since then although Celtic will still be paying the bulk of Allans wage.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

No idea if they have had investment since then although Celtic will still be paying the bulk of Allans wage.
    Did they not sign some players from ICT and at the time Yogi said that they could not come near to matching the wages on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

FF wont get much more than that if other teams aren't knocking down the door for him.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    FF wont get much more than that if other teams aren't knocking down the door for him.
    The fact that he's available for free and teams arent knocking down the door for him tells its own story IMO

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    The fact that he's available for free and teams arent knocking down the door for him tells its own story IMO
    Rumours are he wants guaranteed 1st team football may put off some teams, so if he's playing crap he still wants to get picked, not the best attitude to have.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    The same, by the looks of things, could be said of Fraser Fyvie. By all accounts Hearts were very keen on Allan, maybe there were others.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    They have previous for over spending!

Even if they pay 20% ~ about 2k and.fyvie will look for.similar ...I suppose Allan's signing might add a few.to the season tickets or as.has been done.beforw an independent.spinsor.might pick up his wage !!
    Either way having.both of.themin their.midfeild makes.that area.of the.team pretty decent !

This will be interesting as I would have had fyvie and Allan at the centre of our team next season. A missed opportunity IMO.

Of course if they both fail at Dundee then it will show I know nothing (again!)

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    This will be interesting as I would have had fyvie and Allan at the centre of our team next season. A missed opportunity IMO.

Of course if they both fail at Dundee then it will show I know nothing (again!)
    Allan has played about a hour in 2 years. Beyond me why people think we would want him.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Allan has played about a hour in 2 years. Beyond me why people think we would want him.
    How many hours had he played in the 2 years previous to signing for us and being our best player by a mile?

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    How many hours had he played in the 2 years previous to signing for us and being our best player by a mile?
    Exactly. Noone who wanted him back knew if he would be the same player for us, but they saw how good a player he was. I don't care if he's an utter dick, I don't care if he loves the Huns, I care that he was our best midfielder by a long way and if he returned to that form would be again.

Fair point, but interesting that he -Scott Allan -has played a third of all his professional games, for Hibs, in one season, out of his 8 years as a pro! Think that says it all about his ability, or lack of, to get into a team and hold his place.

I think Fraser Fyvie, on the other hand, wants to leave because he is not happy to pick up a wage and not be a starter.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Marco G; 15-06-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Would be a shock to his system to have to work for a living rather than sitting on his erkie watching others play football on a Saturday. A waster.

@hibs.net private member
    He's a good player and if him and Allan can get working well together in midfield they'll be a formidable pairing.

However, a lot of folk on here were talking king about him ending up at Aberdeen, Hearts or Rangers. Given he's a free agent, to end up with a club that narrowly avoided relegation last year is quite telling.

Fyvie is a standard midfielder who has some good games and some crap. Will we miss him... I doubt it to be honest! Think he'll be easily replaced and we won't be left with some big void.

I wish him all the best though.

Some of the comments on here are incredible, he couldn't get a sniff of a game most of the time the last few months and is an average player who creates little on the whole and has zero goal threat along with a knack of misplacing the most simple pass, good luck to him at his new club.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Some of the comments on here are incredible, he couldn't get a sniff of a game most of the time the last few months and is an average player who creates little on the whole and has zero goal threat along with a knack of misplacing the most simple pass, good luck to him at his new club.
    aye ok then

aye ok then
    2 goals in 54 games and he hardly got a game since january in the second tier of scottish football, hopefully his wages will go towards someone who is a guaranteed starter.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    2 goals in 54 games and he hardly got a game since january in the second tier of scottish football, hopefully his wages will go towards someone who is a guaranteed starter.
    Bartley hasn't scored any goals for us, should we have got rid of him as well?

I like Fyvie, but when everyone is fit and playing well he wouldn't be a starter for me, so if he wants to leave to go somewhere he would be good luck to him