hibs.net Messageboard

Page 67 of 430 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been to Boltons ground too and the Old Burden park and I have to say I felt that although the facilities inside the new ground are excellent, it does feel like a very soulless place when it comes to match day experience. I love walking along real streets to approach a football ground...I get excited when i first see the floodlights poking out from behind a tenement or a row of back to backs. I love going to the local pub that has been there for years and the chippy round the corner. I love that moment when the stands first properly come in too view. Seeing floods of supporters arriving from all directions, programme sellers on street corners, dodgy badge sellers, police horses...all set within the backdrop of a real community, a community that grew the club, that loves the club, that the club represents

You get none of that with The Reebok or whatever they call it now. It's just big soulless piece of concrete with a big car park, off a dual carriageway...like the Ikea of football grounds..set away in a bland, concrete retail park with no community around it.

It won't be a popular sentiment on here, but I for one am very glad that Hearts have chosen to try to upgrade Tynecastle..it needed doing and it's good for Scottish football as a whole and I'm sad to hear all the talk about Aberdeen building a Reebok style out of town stadium. Let's be clear, Hibs (and possibly Celtic) have been the two shining lights in ground development in Scotland. We have a fantastic stadium in the heart of Leith, that is a credit to our club and to Scottish football. The sooner clubs like Hearts and Dundee and the rest start following suit the better.

Although I have to admit, the fact that Hearts new stand looks like a 1970's office block or technical college is quite funny and I am enjoying their incompetence with the seats and the general mickey taking...I will also be pleased when it is built, we need the infrastructure of Scottish football improved, we need other clubs to follow Hibs example.
    Agreed, it really is a good stadium, I used to do a lot of work for a firm who are based in the stadium, I stayed in the hotel that is part of the development often, maybe this is where the yam is getting confused - he thinks they are actually building the Romanov box of drawings based megasuperhotelstadium that they all believed in, instead of what they are actually getting all excited about which is the replacement of just one old stand with a rather bland, over budget and overdue box with windows that they think is unique.

No wonder clever people keep taking advantage of them

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    They seem to think they will have huge lettering on the stand saying Tynecastle Park. I think they'll be dissapointed.
    Signage has gone up this morning...

Picture1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post

Picture1.jpg
    🤣

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post

Picture1.jpg
    That is brilliant..

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This from JKB's new stand thread:

"No other club has such a loyal fan base, I will say this though that this stand will be a standing legacy of just how loyal a fan base we have. A standing dominant reminder to all those Hibs ***** that wanted us dead that we as a support refused to go quietly in the night , that we as a support did not walk away , that we as a support will go down in history that stood by that glorious institution that is Heart of Midlothian. FTH."

All they need now is Mel Gibson with his face painted Maroon, cardigan blowing in the wind, standing through the sun roof of his Rover shouting ........ Frrrrrrreeeeeeeeedom !!!
    What does "We as a support" mean?

Is it different to ""we"?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I've been to Boltons ground too and the Old Burden park and I have to say I felt that although the facilities inside the new ground are excellent, it does feel like a very soulless place when it comes to match day experience. I love walking along real streets to approach a football ground...I get excited when i first see the floodlights poking out from behind a tenement or a row of back to backs. I love going to the local pub that has been there for years and the chippy round the corner. I love that moment when the stands first properly come in too view. Seeing floods of supporters arriving from all directions, programme sellers on street corners, dodgy badge sellers, police horses...all set within the backdrop of a real community, a community that grew the club, that loves the club, that the club represents

You get none of that with The Reebok or whatever they call it now. It's just big soulless piece of concrete with a big car park, off a dual carriageway...like the Ikea of football grounds..set away in a bland, concrete retail park with no community around it.

Can you imagine the irony of the Hibs fans singing "Sunshine On Leith" if we had moved to our very own soulless Reebok stadium at Straiton ?

It won't be a popular sentiment on here, but I for one am very glad that Hearts have chosen to try to upgrade Tynecastle..it needed doing and it's good for Scottish football as a whole and I'm sad to hear all the talk about Aberdeen building a Reebok style out of town stadium. Let's be clear, Hibs (and possibly Celtic) have been the two shining lights in ground development in Scotland. We have a fantastic stadium in the heart of Leith, that is a credit to our club and to Scottish football. The sooner clubs like Hearts and Dundee and the rest start following suit the better. I do understand that sometimes to fund improvements and because of the constraints of being in amongst housing, selling your ground and moving out of town is the best thing...St Johnstone have an excellent stadium and fair play to them..but for me a proper football ground is in the heart of the community.

Although I have to admit, the fact that Hearts new stand looks like a 1970's office block or technical college is quite funny and I am enjoying their incompetence with the seats and the general mickey taking...I will also be pleased when it is built, we need the infrastructure of Scottish football improved, we need other clubs to follow Hibs example.
    They are wasting time and money building their new stand while the rest of the ground is in it's current state. If they want to stay in Gorgie they should have followed Tottenham's example rather than Liverpool's. Move out clear the site and rebuild a modern sustainable stadium that won't need further massive investment when the rusty sheet metal starts falling around their ears. However, that would have taken more time and more money, neither of which they have.

Apparently "Our new stand will look amazing when finished, just glad it'll not look like like a breeze block cheap and nasty effort like ER"

"No other club has such a loyal fan base, I will say this though that this stand will be a standing legacy of just how loyal a fan base we have. A standing dominant reminder to all those Hibs ***** that wanted us dead that we as a support refused to go quietly in the night , that we as a support did not walk away , that we as a support will go down in history that stood by that glorious institution that is Heart of Midlothian. FTH."

All they need now is Mel Gibson with his face painted Maroon, cardigan blowing in the wind, standing through the sun roof of his Rover shouting ........ Frrrrrrreeeeeeeeedom !!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

They are right on one point, Hibs wanted us dead🤣

Only kidding, we wouldn't have so many laughs if they weren't around

Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Apparently "Our new stand will look amazing when finished, just glad it'll not look like like a breeze block cheap and nasty effort like ER"
    There's Easter Road and then there's that mess

Left by mutual consent!
    Imagine slagging off Easter Road when you have that utter midden in every stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Imagine slagging off Easter Road when you have that utter midden in every stand.
    It's a bit like a Salford fan slagging off Old Trafford

Man United are the biggest team in Salford 😂

Left by mutual consent!
    👍

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

He said it three times, so it must be an important grammatical device..........or, hes a fanny ?

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    They are wasting time and money building their new stand while the rest of the ground is in it's current state. If they want to stay in Gorgie they should have followed Tottenham's example rather than Liverpool's. Move out clear the site and rebuild a modern sustainable stadium that won't need further massive investment when the rusty sheet metal starts falling around their ears. However, that would have taken more time and more money, neither of which they have.
    We built the new stands one at a time didn't we ? and our ground was a bloody shambles in the 1980's

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    He said it three times, so it must be an important grammatical device..........or, hes a fanny ?
    So they are the big team but admit they have a we support?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

So they are building the stand because of Hibs?

Who is in who's shadow again?

We built the new stands one at a time didn't we ? and our ground was a bloody shambles in the 1980's
    Yes we did. They don't have the access to develop much more unless they purchase property surrounding the site. That won't happen.

Some flump over there comparing Tynecastle to Borussia Dortmunds stadium. Heard it all now.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Some flump over there comparing Tynecastle to Borussia Dortmunds stadium. Heard it all now.
    It's dortmund bus station he means.

Got quite a bit of glass as well.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post

I always think it's to Hearts' credit that they make such an effort to accommodate the visually- and intellectually-impaired. They must do if that's a typical fan's reaction to what they're building. That looks exactly like a cheap and nasty breeze block effort.

As the late great Mae West might have said - "If THAT's an erection you can count me out, ducky ...."

The only good thing about the Bus-Shelter is that the surrounding buildings are so close in all round that you can't properly see the ugly dump.

I don't particularly like modern stadium design but ER's a perfectly acceptable, functional and visually inoffensive example.

Properly planned, properly financed, and completed within the original time-frame.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Dortmunds stadium holds more people in one stand than tynecastle will be able to hold once completed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Dortmunds stadium holds more people in one stand than tynecastle will be able to hold once completed!
    I think all he meant was it will hold quite a few Huns although the similarity ends there as not too many Dortmund fans on the Edinburgh Council.

Can you imagine the irony of the Hibs fans singing "Sunshine On Leith" if we had moved to our very own soulless Reebok stadium at Straiton ?

It won't be a popular sentiment on here, but I for one am very glad that Hearts have chosen to try to upgrade Tynecastle..it needed doing and it's good for Scottish football as a whole and I'm sad to hear all the talk about Aberdeen building a Reebok style out of town stadium. Let's be clear, Hibs (and possibly Celtic) have been the two shining lights in ground development in Scotland. We have a fantastic stadium in the heart of Leith, that is a credit to our club and to Scottish football. The sooner clubs like Hearts and Dundee and the rest start following suit the better. I do understand that sometimes to fund improvements and because of the constraints of being in amongst housing, selling your ground and moving out of town is the best thing...St Johnstone have an excellent stadium and fair play to them..but for me a proper football ground is in the heart of the community.

I don't disagree with a single word of that Worcesterhibby. The cause of my mirth was the suggestion that Tynecastle would end up looking anything like the Macron ( I think its called now ) ..... for all its faults location wise Bolton's gaff if a very tidy stadium and the Yams can only dream of a similar facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

Lets face it, you could spend all night picking holes in it mate, its so bad it could have been written by the club themselves ... perhaps it was

"that we as a support did not go quietly in ( should be into ) the night"

"that we as a support will go down in history that stood by that glorious institution that is Heart of Midlothian" ...... where the hell do you begin with that mess?

Gamer IDs

You mean this one?

download 01.jpgSignal-Iduna-Park_bvbinfobild_regular.jpg
    Last edited by --------; 16-08-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Ah I see the resemblance now

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Now now ....... I'm sure I saw in the Yams stand thread that some of the seats in the Wheatfield are yellow .... its a start, we will be lughing on the other side of our faces soon

Gamer IDs

Now now ....... I'm sure I saw in the Yams stand thread that some of the seats in the Wheatfield are yellow .... its a start, we will be lughing on the other side of our faces soon

I'm laughing on both sides of my face right now.

The Bus Shelter gonnae be like the Westfalenstadion? Aye, right.

Capacity of the us Shelter - 19,700. (Projected, allegedly, maybe.)

Capacity of the Westfalen - 81,359.

I can see how the one might remind you of the other.