hibs.net Messageboard

Page 402 of 430 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412 ... LastLast
Results 12,031 to 12,060 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    An other thing I was surprised about the other night. The seating in the new shiny stand is less spacious than our stand
    Really tight

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    I see there has been one update on the Council website of the ongoing Building Warrant shambles at the Budge folly.

A Building Warrant has been granted to allow the reduction of the profile of the police control box.

This was passed yesterday 17th Oct and the website updated this morning.

Its not the website that isn't up to date as has been suggested, its simply the whole new stand is be occupied without Building Warrants or occupation certificates.

Further update, I see a temporary occupation certificate has been issued for the new nursery , so it will be opening on Tuesday .

No building warrant yet, but a completion certificate ? that's a new one for me ??

At least Budge will now have to hand over the cash to the Council for the land the Yam erection was built on.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Further update, I see a temporary occupation certificate has been issued for the new nursery , so it will be opening on Tuesday .

No building warrant yet, but a completion certificate ? that's a new one for me ??

At least Budge will now have to hand over the cash to the Council for the land the Yam erection was built on.
    Kyle Lafferty funds I imagine..

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    And their Champions League appearance money from next year, plus the 30m from Barca for Cochranaldo.

@hibs.net private member
    The Sagrada Familia in Barcelona has just received a building licence 136 years after work was started!!

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    That plus the prize money for winning the league.

The council is selling the land for £ 260,000.

8 years ago it was £ 1.2 million Vlad was asked to pay.

The council is selling the land for £ 260,000.

8 years ago it was £ 1.2 million Vlad was asked to pay.
    Good to see the council maximising income for the City's budget without fear or favour.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by haagsehibby View Post
    The Sagrada Familia in Barcelona has just received a building licence 136 years after work was started!!
    I thought that record was in danger over in gorgie!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    An other thing I was surprised about the other night. The seating in the new shiny stand is less spacious than our stand
    Really tight
    Why did that surprise you? There is very little space about that place and they try and cram as much out of any area that they can. The tight/small seats and associated lack of legroom have been mentioned many times on this thread.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Why did that surprise you? There is very little space about that place and they try and cram as much out of any area that they can. The tight/small seats and associated lack of legroom have been mentioned many times on this thread.
    The yam lurkers occasionally need reminding as their own forum ignores the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    The yam lurkers occasionally need reminding as their own forum ignores the subject.
    Fair point bud 👍

@hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar
    I see from today’s Evening news that the cost has risen to £18 million !!! States that the new main stand holds 7,290 seats. What does the Roseburn/gorgie/ wheatfield take the attendance figure up to now. When was the last time they had 20k watching a match ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has got a playground outside mainstand/roseburn stand lol must have cost them about a fiver, at least I think it a playground

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Www1875hfc View Post
    I see from today’s Evening news that the cost has risen to £18 million !!! States that the new main stand holds 7,290 seats. What does the Roseburn/gorgie/ wheatfield take the attendance figure up to now. When was the last time they had 20k watching a match ?

Budge talks some amount of Tam Kite. Claims that once they got the stand open they slowed down as they realised the scale of the project and opportunity available. My arse, they slowed down because they were skint - late and way over budget.

£18m and it's still smaller than ER and will take another 12-18 months to finish

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    £18m, sure the kickback idiots will think its all cash well spent

Having said that, not all of that is the stand, £1m for the new pitch (which is a good investment imo), but its pretty clear that the cockup of the original build has cost them a lot.

I am quite amazed at how long its taking to complete, esp if they have the cash available - they officially opened it a year ago, and it will be at least another year until it is "finished".

I wonder what Aberdeen will spend on their new stadium? Was out with a (Raith fan) that lives in Aberdeen and he said their wealthy backers were putting in a fair chunk of cash.

Based on Hearts stadium build, Aberdeens could be £50 / £60m - which really puts into perspective what we spent on Easter Road.

Mouthpiece AllisBarry desperately trying to put a spin on what was a disastrously planned project from day one.

Four hundred pages on here demonstrates exactly what has been going wrong.

£18 Million? Aye, and the rest. They have got it wrong up to now so experience tells us it will hit at least £20 million.

We got value for money in a well planned, financially viable project of which we can all be proud.

Hen's march to the midden doesn't even begin to describe their efforts.

And the gullible keep giving.

Hardly worth repeating, but they still don't have a certificate of temporary occupation for the new stand, or even been issued with a building warrant for the supporters bar, the club shop, the TV studio etc.

Applications for the building warrants were made back in April/May but so far nothing has been issued, but they've gone ahead and built and opened the facilities.

The new nursery is even stranger. No building warrant, but a certificate of temporary occupation was issued .

Don't suppose AllisBarry raises any of that.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Hardly worth repeating, but they still don't have a certificate of temporary occupation for the new stand, or even been issued with a building warrant for the supporters bar, the club shop, the TV studio etc.

Applications for the building warrants were made back in April/May but so far nothing has been issued, but they've gone ahead and built and opened the facilities.

The new nursery is even stranger. No building warrant, but a certificate of temporary occupation was issued .

Don't suppose AllisBarry raises any of that.
    Is any of that relevant?

Presumably they have a safety certificate which is all that must be required for them to play football.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Is any of that relevant?

Presumably they have a safety certificate which is all that must be required for them to play football.

Its relevant to all building projects.

Its also relevant to their insurance company. No certificate of legal occupation, no cover.

So who’s bankrolling these extra costs? Budge personally or her chronies? Or will more FOH dosh be used?

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K.Marx View Post
    So who’s bankrolling these extra costs? Budge personally or her chronies? Or will more FOH dosh be used?
    Their mysterious benefactors are undoubtedly stumping up here. They've already put £4.5m which doesn't even cover the over spend.

They were then somehow able to sign 17 players in the summer on top of this. There's no way they could fund it otherwise.

Barry at his best

The £18m total incorporates the cost of the stadium’s plush new main stand, a new piping and heating system, a fans’ bar, dressing rooms, corporate suites and restaurants, the Foundation Plaza, a new £1m hybrid pitch, redevelopment beneath the Wheatfield Stand, plus other smaller improvements in the surrounding area.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...-18m-1-4827850

Imagine, dressing rooms in a new main stand. What a concept

Testimonial Due
    Allisbarry's latest piece is the biggest pile of succulent lamb journalism since Jabba was in his pomp.

What an absolute pile of sycophantic nonsense. Everything is given a positive spin. Somehow a huge overspend is made to look like an opportunity to do something even better. Bad planning has become serendipity. Does he even know what the word 'plush' means? Has he seen the photos of the 'major hospitality and conference destination'?

In these Trumpian times when fake is the news, apparently the bigger the lies you tell, the more people believe you.

All is, indeed, barry while you're squashed into a tiny little seat, rain lashing your laptop, knees wrapped round the ears of the guy in front of you, surrounded by hostile punters because there's no designated access route to the 'press box'. £18M and rising. Bargain.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Barry at his best

The £18m total incorporates the cost of the stadium’s plush new main stand, a new piping and heating system, a fans’ bar, dressing rooms, corporate suites and restaurants, the Foundation Plaza, a new £1m hybrid pitch, redevelopment beneath the Wheatfield Stand, plus other smaller improvements in the surrounding area.

Dressing rooms they don’t even use, over a year since the stand was opened 🤨

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    Dressing rooms they don’t even use, over a year since the stand was opened 🤨
    They don't use them because they aren't there yet.

Plush.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Barry at his best

The best one though is ‘restaurants’, is that the sky lounge with the views of tynecastle high? Where’s the other restaurant to make it plural or do our mighty pink chums now take their grandeur to a new level and call pie stands restaurants?? 😂😂
    Last edited by Hibs4185; 12-11-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Www1875hfc View Post

"Ann Budge has commissioned extra cash..." What does that mean?!

As others have said, the a**e-licking attitude of the EN towards the yams is pathetic. This story can't be described as journalism/reporting. It could have been lifted straight from the Hearts website or programme. Nothing wrong with Allisbarry carrying the quotes from Budge, but come on...this is a project which is now running £6m over its initial £12m budget and "won't be completed until well into the 2019/20 season". How about raising some questions about that?? The costs seem to be rising by around £3m every six months so by 2020 who's to say the whole thing won't be costing them double the original figure?