hibs.net Messageboard

Page 401 of 430 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,030 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was surprised that the men’s toilets at the end I was sitting had no urinals. Just cubicles.
    Seems bizarre and took ages

sure you were in the mens ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Aye I was😄

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Prostrate?😖

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Was surprised that the men’s toilets at the end I was sitting had no urinals. Just cubicles.
    It's because all the Jambos sit down to p155.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    Prostrate?
    No. He was standing up.

Rimshot.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    The magnificent school view lounge with its view of the flags at the castle on a clear day if you're standing on the megastand roof.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    The cracks in the table ends of the nearby flats

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Had the same experience once until I heard the high heels clicking off the tiles on the toilet floor!

[QUOTE=BILLYHIBS;5577684]Had the same experience once until I heard the high heels clicking off the tiles on the toilet floor! [/QUOTE

Me too! 😂😂

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    They should be an issue though. That's the point he's making.

In theory you shouldn't start work before a warrant is issued.

Without a warrant there can't be a completion certificate.

There is no sign of any completion certificates or even current temporary occupation certificates for Tynecastle.

This is far from normal for buildings that receive the public.

A nursery which is meant to open next week but, as yet, doesn't appear to have a Building Warrant? That's ludicrous no matter how you try to explain it away - especially in a new-build where there aren''t the same "deemed to satisfy" grey areas or relaxation applications that are often associated with work to existing buildings.
    To be fair Peevemor they can only get a completion certificate when the works are complete and they are a long way of that. To be accurate they are short of 2 completion certificates one for Building Warrant and also a Notice of Completion of Development in respect of the planning consent. I am sure the omissions are not needed for any insurance policy and if a claim was to be forthcoming the insurance companies would honour the spirit of their agreements. Like they always do.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    To be fair Peevemor they can only get a completion certificate when the works are complete and they are a long way of that. To be accurate they are short of 2 completion certificates one for Building Warrant and also a Notice of Completion of Development in respect of the planning consent. I am sure the omissions are not needed for any insurance policy and if a claim was to be forthcoming the insurance companies would honour the spirit of their agreements. Like they always do.
    In that case the unfinished areas should have been removed from the Building Warrant (by an Amendment of Warrant if need be) thus enabling the statutory bodies to inspect and "sign off" the parts that are up and running.

Subsequent warrant applications for the ongoing work could then be submitted (as seems to be the case with the nursery).

Why they weren't forced to proceed in this manner is a mystery.

I've been involved in a good few projects in Edinburgh involving buildings open to the public, and have been involved in the Planning/Warrant/Certification (completion and occupation) process from A-Z. I would never have got away with something as shambolic as what has gone on at Tynecastle.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Walking to the ground with a couple of 11 year olds. You can see the main building has a curve on the ouside where the Hearts badge is.

One of the young lads asked if it was meant to have a curve?
    To be honest I didn’t know what to say, was it meant to be curved, or built wrongly🤣

Walking to the ground with a couple of 11 year olds. You can see the main building has a curve on the ouside where the Hearts badge is.

To be honest I didn’t know what to say, was it meant to be curved, or built wrongly🤣
    Don't talk ill of the glass curtain. The first of it's kind, anywhere, ever

How dare you! That's the most innovative and largest curvy Glass Curtain of all time!

The fact that Spurs have nearly finished their itsy-bitsy wee stadium faster is only because the new Stand at Tynecastle is of a standard that tiny wee clubs like Spurs could only dream off.

@hibs.net private member
    I have planning for 9 flats in Edinburgh. In order to finalise planning I had to agree to a section 75 agreement-essentially a tram contribution, it was approximately £50k.

These section 75 agreements apply to all developments in Edinburgh and vary depending on a few things. This is why it would’ve cost more to cancel the trams than finish them as they’d have to refund all the hotels at the Gyle etc. It was also one of the major reasons behind the delay in starting the old social work at shrubhill. Council wanted about £3milliom contribution.

Wonder how much the old jambos had to fork out for this? My guess not a lot.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    I think those ones were probably the ones that used to be female toilets but when they realised after the first few games that a lot more men attend football than woman they changed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    I have planning for 9 flats in Edinburgh. In order to finalise planning I had to agree to a section 75 agreement-essentially a tram contribution, it was approximately £50k.

These section 75 agreements apply to all developments in Edinburgh and vary depending on a few things. This is why it would’ve cost more to cancel the trams than finish them as they’d have to refund all the hotels at the Gyle etc. It was also one of the major reasons behind the delay in starting the old social work at shrubhill. Council wanted about £3milliom contribution.

From memory: At a council meeting mentioned on this board a councilor contended that "Hearts fans don't use the tram" so the tram fee was waived. I work at Sighthill and see Hearts fans on the tram if they have a midweek game. So they must just be using the tram to go a boozer rather than using it to get to the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    Don't talk ill of the glass curtain. The first of it's kind, anywhere, ever
    I've actually incorporated a good number of glass curtain wall systems into my projects over the last 5 years but in the case of exterior stores, none of them were expected to be around for more than 10 years before the system was replaced though that was for aesthetic reasons as opposed to structural issues. They are ok but not a long term solution that a football stadium should require.

With regards to Hearts however, I did say at the time of construction that the vinyl seals will be shot within 10 - 15 years and the younger Hearts fans will see a second facade built in their lifetimes.

Is it true the hospitality suite is facing the car park and has no view of the pitch..?

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post

The answer is Nil.

They argued that very few of their supporters used the tram to get to games therefor it would be unfair to make them pay.

The Council accepted this claim and the tram contribution was dropped.

@hibs.net private member
    Every man and their dog can claim they don’t use the tram, but it is still a major new development within Edinburgh and within a certain distance of the tram line. A refurbishment of the old stand wouldn’t need a section 75 but this is the 8th wonder of the world we are talking about.

Section 75’s don’t just cover the tram contribution, all manner of stuff is thrown in. Bus real time information etc, improving traffic flow etc etc.

Seems there is one rule for some and another for others. Or HMFC doing what they do best and bumping the council and taxpayers out of more money.
    Last edited by Hibs4185; 17-10-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Brog did you add my quote by mistake??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, no idea how it happened, apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Yes, no idea how it happened, apologies.
    No worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Just wondering... are we going to get to the 12 month anniversary of the ‘grand opening’ (Budge in saviour mode) and it’s still not finished?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Just wondering... are we going to get to the 12 month anniversary of the ‘grand opening’ (Budge in saviour mode) and it’s still not finished?

Well this thread started in June last year...

Think they should have a statue to her in her 'Jesus' pose.

'Keep funding my Fantasy Football project, this isn't costing me a penny'.

You really couldn't make it up.

Imagine they had someone competent running the show. If they did they would have a bigger capacity, they do not. They could attract more hospitality customers, they do not. They have their own bar with the cheapest prices of any pub in the area so minimising any profit. It’s guaranteed to be open three days a week, unless it’s only 2 days with no prior notification. They could have exclusive director and hospitality access like every other stadium I’ve been in but they don’t, so need to employ a wall of stewards to protect the plums who are paying for the privilege.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    And next month will be the two year anniversary of the erection of the scaffold framework thing that represented the start of the project.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    The answer is Nil.

They argued that very few of their supporters used the tram to get to games therefor it would be unfair to make them pay.

The Council accepted this claim and the tram contribution was dropped.
    That's ******* outrageous.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    That's ******* outrageous.
    It would be if it wasn't par for the course for the tramps. Nothing to see here...

I find it hilarious they STILL haven't sorted the changing rooms and tunnel out yet.

It's a joke of a stadium and structure - Hearts class.

Spurs have spent a fortune on their new stadium but a whole stadium will be finished before the yams can even finish 1 single tiered stand