hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 430 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh!

Are the really. I know plenty of yams who all think their new mega stand will bring their capacity beyond ours! When they a usually find out they will not be happy!

I want us to be better than them in every single way!

Even when we play them I want to win everything!
    Fair dos. I'm English, so I don't know all that many Hearts fans (I don't know too many other Hibs fans either, to be honest).
    It will be good to finally do our talking on the pitch again, as it feels like ages since we finished the season above them. Even when they had the points deduction Terry Butcher managed to muck things up and actually win fewer points than they won.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    The yams on bokeback reckon it has 37 rows. With 7 sections of 28 and 2 sections of 6 that would give a capacity of 7,696 before taking into account tunnel, dugouts, exec seating etc. May just hit the 20k mark.

Seeing as we're using rough guesses to calculate the new Yam Stand's capacity, here's my uneducated calculations

The new Yam Stand has 37 rows and, if your figures are correct, there are 208 seats in each row.

Hibs Main Stand has 34 rows (16 upper, 18 lower) and a capacity of 6,100

So, that's 3 rows more, three times 208, so 624 seats.

Add the 624 seats to the capacity of Hibs Main stand and you get 6,724

Add that figure to the capacities of their other stands and it makes their stadium capacity roughly 19,300

A very rough estimate but there you go.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Seeing as we're using rough guesses to calculate the new Yam Stand's capacity, here's my uneducated calculations

The new Yam Stand has 37 rows and, if your figures are correct, there are 208 seats in each row.

Hibs Main Stand has 34 rows (16 upper, 18 lower) and a capacity of 6,100

So, that's 3 rows more, three times 208, so 624 seats.

Add the 624 seats to the capacity of Hibs Main stand and you get 6,724

Add that figure to the capacities of their other stands and it makes their stadium capacity roughly 19,300

A very rough estimate but there you go.

Hibs stand has 218 seats per row, the wing sections are 11 seats wide because of our longer pitch.

Their new stand also has a chunk of seats missing from the bottom section adjacent to the Roseburn Stand for a vechicle access, about 100 seats less there.

I don't think their new stand will have many more than our West.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Hibs stand has 218 seats per row, the wing sections are 11 seats wide because of our longer pitch.

Their new stand also has a chunk of seats missing from the bottom section adjacent to the Roseburn Stand for a vechicle access, about 100 seats less there.

I don't think their new stand will have many more than our West.

Fake News. SAD!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    They must know its smaller already. We all know the Jambo is a blowhard, maroon cardigan wearing radge with serious jealousy issues (Scott Wilson?).

If it was even one seat larger, they would be using that in their ST campaign.

Case closed.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    They must know its smaller already. We all know the Jambo is a blowhard, maroon cardigan wearing radge with serious jealousy issues (Scott Wilson?).

If it was even one seat larger, they would be using that in their ST campaign.

Case closed.
    They'd be screaming about it and giving us all that "wee team" rubbish.

Looks like the laugh's on them. Tiny(Tynie) has a new meaning now.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloHibs View Post
    I think we're in danger of being obsessed about them being obsessed with us.
    Hearts fans that I know aren't bothered about about capacity relative to us. They're just happy to finally have 4 matching stands to form a proper arena.
    Anyway, our bigger ground only gives us kudos if we can regularly sell all our tickets, otherwise it just means we have more unsold seats than them.
    I think you've been taken in by them. They are spewing about it.

Have they told you they wanted us to win the Scottish Cup too?

Fair dos. I'm English, so I don't know all that many Hearts fans (I don't know too many other Hibs fans either, to be honest).
    It will be good to finally do our talking on the pitch again, as it feels like ages since we finished the season above them. Even when they had the points deduction Terry Butcher managed to muck things up and actually win fewer points than they won.
    Thanks for that closing sentence. Good to see Captain feelgood has finally joined the board. ;-)

As for your yam mates, the only reason they aren't going on about capacity is that they are pretty sure their stadium will be smaller. If they were certain it would have even one more seat than ours they would be guffawing and bragging constantly.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Hearts are retaining their police command box in the corner between their Main stand and Gorgie stand. This means there is a number of seats at that furthest end of the main stand which won't be able to see the goals.

You can see where the police box is from the gap on the far bottom left of the seating plan. You can then see that there are seats greyed out from this gap back towards to top corner at an angle. These seats haven't been sold, they are being withheld from sale as folk sitting there won't be able to see the goals.

Make no bones about it. Hearts fans are spewing their new stadium is smaller than ours. If it was bigger could you imagine the piss taking? I find it hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Hearts are retaining their police command box in the corner between their Main stand and Gorgie stand. This means there is a number of seats at that furthest end of the main stand which won't be able to see the goals.

You can see where the police box is from the gap on the far bottom left of the seating plan. You can then see that there are seats greyed out from this gap back towards to top corner at an angle. These seats haven't been sold, they are being withheld from sale as folk sitting there won't be able to see the goals.

I very much doubt that anyone would build a modern stand with any seats that couldn't see the goals.

...or maybe there won't be goalposts.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

That gap is at Roseburn Stand end and is for vechicle access on to the pitch. It is shown on the planning drawings and takes away about 100 seats.

"muck things up" is being exceptionally charitable to "the butcher"..

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    Whatever it is it will still be smaller and inferior to Easter Road.

Tiny.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thanks for that closing sentence. Good to see Captain feelgood has finally joined the board. ;-)

As for your yam mates, the only reason they aren't going on about capacity is that they are pretty sure their stadium will be smaller. If they were certain it would have even one more seat than ours they would be guffawing and bragging constantly.

Never knew there were any hibbies in Angola. Got to cut them some slack when it comes to understanding what matters to the Midlothians and how much they're hurting.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    Um... our main stand has WiFi (password protected, to be fair) and has done for about six years.
    I went to the open day last year and the password for the press wi-if was on a piece of paper stuck to the wall. I duly took a note of it for the coming season

Unfortunately the wi-if range didn't extend as far as the back of the East Stand!

As for the new stand at the PBS, well I'm jealous - I'm not sure why I'm jealous but my Jambo mates tell me I am, so I must be! I think it's because they have increased the cost of tickets in the other stands due to 'enhanced facilities' - I can only assume that means they no longer need to look at an eyesore.

These seats could be in demand when we play them. They'll not see the goals as we pump them first and second half! Indeed Cathro might take the goal posts away completely and claim a draw!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

Never knew there were any hibbies in Angola. Got to cut them some slack when it comes to understanding what matters to the Midlothians and how much they're hurting.

Angola?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Captain Feelgood? I said I'm looking forward to finally finishing a league season above Hearts, so that we can put this "wee team" rubbish to bed for the first time in ages. I know we've dominated them in cup games recently, but they've still been able to chuck the "3 years in a part time league" stuff back at us. This time next year, hopefully, they will look at the league table and have nothing.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    That gap is at Roseburn Stand end and is for vechicle access on to the pitch. It is shown on the planning drawings and takes away about 100 seats.
    There is also a gap at the Gorgie end (smaller than that at the Roseburn end). This is to accommodate the police control box staying in place, which is also on the planning drawings. Try and buy a seat behind this police box, you won't be able to as you cannot see the pitch.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Angola?
    Even further away than England.

Which could account for missing out on how big an issue the wee pitch wee capacity and wee stadium thing is for the thieves?

Dunno?

Angola?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Should it not be 1m capacity so everyone with a badge can get in.

I've not really made myself clear on this thread, and I apologise.
    I want Hibs to do really well this season, so well that our crowds are regularly close to capacity and we have more money to put into the club, so that we can be even more successful in the future.
    If that happens, then fantastic! But if it doesn't happen, then all this chat about having more seats than another club is irrelevant, and makes us look obsessed. There's no point in having more seats unless there are bums on them.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar

Hearts' new stadium capacity

I've not really made myself clear on this thread, and I apologise.
    I want Hibs to do really well this season, so well that our crowds are regularly close to capacity and we have more money to put into the club, so that we can be even more successful in the future.
    If that happens, then fantastic! But if it doesn't happen, then all this chat about having more seats than another club is irrelevant, and makes us look obsessed. There's no point in having more seats unless there are bums on them.
    I think you are talking this a bit too seriously!

It's close season, nothing else to do but speculate on signings that won't happen and have a laugh at our maroonic neighbours and their new Tiny Tynie

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    I think you are talking this a bit too seriously!

It's close season, nothing else to do but speculate on signings that won't happen and have a laugh at our maroonic neighbours and their new Tiny Tynie
    Lol had a wee chuckle there. tiny tynie so small they named it twice.
    Last edited by livi hibs 1875; 18-06-2017 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Make no bones about it. Hearts fans are spewing their new stadium is smaller than ours. If it was bigger could you imagine the piss taking? I find it hilarious.
    Have too correct you there, it's not a stadium anymore, there reverting back to a park because they are obviously embarrassed too call their Tynie pink shed a stadium.

Dinky little teensy tiney toy town peasants with their tinny little box.

Testimonial Due
    Remember too that seats in the new stand are purely hypothetical. It's a wish but not yet reality.

Tiny Tynie - that will stick.

Drove past the stadium the other day and expected it to be a bigger structure.

The depth is deeper than previous but the stand itself is same height (not as tall as Hibs east or west stands).

This new glass curtain is going to be interesting to see how they maintain as with Scottish weather it won't stay clean for long so constant cleaning for that plus the sun shining onto it will make it a greenhouse inside - I assume AC and blinds (which will look ugly) will help.

The odd bit of the new stand will be both end sections. The police box blocking views at one end and the tractor entrance at the other end.

I want to know if they have provided more leg room as having sat in all parts of the stadium that was seriously lacking and felt uncomfortable. Surely new stand will have more leg room for cooperates etc. But wouldn't count on it as they try and squeeze everyone in!

Remember ER can still be developed while this is it for Tiny Tynie.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post

The depth is deeper than previous but the stand itself is same height (not as tall as Hibs east or west stands).

The East stand s bigger than the West, so maybe it's somewhere between the two.