hibs.net Messageboard

Page 395 of 430 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405 ... LastLast
Results 11,821 to 11,850 of 12885
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reading Ann Budge's (as ever, long-winded) explanation of Lafferty's return to Rangers today I thought the following was more interesting that hearing about how the player was dead set on leaving:

"The move will also allow me to return my attentions to progressing the development of our new, multi-million pound main stand."

Is she effectively admitting here that all work on this has stopped due to lack of cash? How long has this thing been in development for now? Must be approaching the second anniversary of the demolition teams moving in.
    What does that equate in tons?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Two Hearts supporters meet in the new multi-million pound new stand...

“Oh hi, good to see you again. How was your summer?”

“Very good. Just back from my multi hundred pound holiday.”

“Well I’ve just taken delivery of a multi thousand pound new car.”

“Very nice. Have you tried one of these new multi pound pies?”

Cretins.
    Last edited by jacomo; 23-08-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Two Hearts supporters meet in the new multi-million pound new stand...

“Oh hi, good to see you again. How was your summer.”

“Very good. Just back from my multi hundred pound holiday.”

“Well I’ve just taken delivery of a multi thousand pound new car.”

“Very nice. Have you tried one of these new multi pound pies?”

Cretins.
    "Yes I was stuck in the pie queue behind one of the Police"

"Sting?"

"No I thought the multi-pound price tag on the pie was good value, but that's not important right now"

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Any Wiki member can amend a wiki page you know...go on you know you want to
    I remember updating their page a few years back - they had finishing 3rd in the league as a ‘major’ honour! 3rd???

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    I remember updating their page a few years back - they had finishing 3rd in the league as a ‘major’ honour! 3rd???
    Leave our Tennants Sixes Trophy victory alone! Don’t even think about it!

@hibs.net private member
    I just had a look at both grounds on Wikipedia, it says our surface is a desso grassmaster. I’m 99.9% sure we didn’t lay a hybrid surface a few years ago?? If we did, it’s nice to think we do these things without ****ing ourselves to sleep every night about a 2” piece of plastic-any they call us weird!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    I just had a look at both grounds on Wikipedia, it says our surface is a desso grassmaster. I’m 99.9% sure we didn’t lay a hybrid surface a few years ago?? If we did, it’s nice to think we do these things without ****ing ourselves to sleep every night about a 2” piece of plastic-any they call us weird!
    This is a Wikipedia myth I'm afraid. They are even less FACT than the .net ones.

I know we considered it, but decided against it in the end.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    This is a Wikipedia myth I'm afraid. They are even less FACT than the .net ones.

I know we considered it, but decided against it in the end.
    Yeah I was sure we didn’t. The pitch was in good shape all of last year and was ranked highly by all the players at the end of the season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Any Wiki member can amend a wiki page you know...go on you know you want to😉
    Have tried, several times. Along the lines of "this is disputed as no official capacity has been announced". Very quickly gets deleted by the editor.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    Have tried, several times. Along the lines of "this is disputed as no official capacity has been announced". Very quickly gets deleted by the editor.
    Trick might be to insert the highest recorded attendance since stand opened - 19, 324 against us at the end of the season . It is on the wiki site.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    What does that equate in tons?
    13 football pitches long and 27 double decker buses high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if it's been covered but has the police box/studio been relocated yet? Heard it was this that was preventing the capacity reaching "over 20k". Saw they had just over 19k against Celtic so presumably not.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    Sorry if it's been covered but has the police box/studio been relocated yet? Heard it was this that was preventing the capacity reaching "over 20k". Saw they had just over 19k against Celtic so presumably not.
    It's a multi-thousand seater stadium, that's the main thing. Quibbling over a few hundred here or there, that's something that wee teams do. Hearts' Park is the biggest stadium in Edinburgh, in exactly the same way that more people attended President Trump's inauguration than any other president's.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    Trick might be to insert the highest recorded attendance since stand opened - 19, 324 against us at the end of the season . It is on the wiki site.
    I tried that, along with challenging the original source for the 21,900 figure - a newspaper report that, published before the stand was built, saying the new stadium "will"hold that amount.

I couldn't care less if they have more seats than us, or not. What I find amusing is that it is so important to them, until it's proved that it's untrue, then they come out with the "we never cared anyway".

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    I see work has restarted on the outside play area of the new Tynecastle nursery in Mcleod Street.

It was held up because of a dispute as to which party had to cover the cost of the work, Hearts or the Council.

I'm guessing the Council caved in.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    It's a multi-thousand seater stadium, that's the main thing. Quibbling over a few hundred here or there, that's something that wee teams do. Hearts' Park is the biggest stadium in Edinburgh, in exactly the same way that more people attended President Trump's inauguration than any other president's.

Bigly. The greatest stadium in the history of the planet. A+

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    So, would I be right in saying that they have a multi player squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    So, would I be right in saying that they have a multi player squad?

Led by a multi talented, multi award winning manager.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    I see work has restarted on the outside play area of the new Tynecastle nursery in Mcleod Street.

It was held up because of a dispute as to which party had to cover the cost of the work, Hearts or the Council.

Or the council won and Hearts have got the money to pay for it now

Is there a way to find out the cost of the nursery and who is paying for it ?

In typical yam style - finish own supporters bar first then let the local community (parents/kids) and nursery suffer - can't believe it's not ready yet

From the Nursery newsletter...

Plans for the New Nursery—there will be further communica on from City of Edinburgh Council this week for returning families. The nursery will remain in Whea ield Street at the start of term so please come back here on Wednesday 15 August. There is a delay in the work for the outdoor area/garden. As soon as we have further informa on about the plans we will let you know.

https://tynecastlenursery.files.word...-june-2018.pdf

First Team Breakthrough madjock9's Avatar

TV Studio Box

So with the plans to put the studio into the side lego bricks within the plans have these been scrapped with the TV studio added to the back of the stand with no planning plans for that one yet!

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post

In typical yam style - finish own supporters bar first then let the local community (parents/kids) and nursery suffer - can't believe it's not ready yet

Plans for the New Nursery—there will be further communica on from City of Edinburgh Council this week for returning families. The nursery will remain in Whea ield Street at the start of term so please come back here on Wednesday 15 August. There is a delay in the work for the outdoor area/garden. As soon as we have further informa on about the plans we will let you know.

So it’s not even a case of crossing the t’s and dotting the i’s.. half of them are missing!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Talking to a work colleague today. He lives in McLeod St. His block of flats has sustained damage during the construction to the tune of 80k. There’s a bun fight going on about who pays for the repairs. It happened during the driving of the piles.

First Team Breakthrough
    That sounds very very nice 😊

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Talking to a work colleague today. He lives in McLeod St. His block of flats has sustained damage during the construction to the tune of 80k. There’s a bun fight going on about who pays for the repairs. It happened during the driving of the piles.
    Someone will find that is a right pain in the Erchie.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I remember posting about the crack appearing in the gable way back in Jan/Feb 2017 when the piling was taking place.

I also remember the work was started before the building warrant had been issued. Their insurance cover could be void .

Bang goes the Laughatme bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post

Here's the Council minutes on the Nursery proposals.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/Downloads/Item_7.7___Tynecastle_Nursery.pdf
    Last edited by greenginger; 23-08-2018 at 04:41 PM.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I remember posting about the crack appearing in the gable way back in Jan/Feb 2017 when the piling was taking place.

I also remember the work was started before the building warrant had been issued. Their insurance cover could be void .

Ironically the boys a Jambo and the conversation started round the Lafferty cash and him and his neighbours wanting a slice. He did mention that Hearts or their building contractors should have done something that was certificated or recorded in some way prior to start of works. Hearts were to provide the proof that this was done. It’s been met by a big fat silence and nothing forthcoming and the obvious conclusion it wasn’t done. He’s not a happy bunny and his personal slice of the bill was nearly 8 grand. A bulge in the top of the gable was indeed mentioned.

Multi professional.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    I'm usually in the 50% of people who can draw information from incomplete data but this has me stumped
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!