hibs.net Messageboard

Page 390 of 430 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400 ... LastLast
Results 11,671 to 11,700 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The new stand is less steep than the older stands.
    But much steeper than the old Main stand. Poor old boy!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Serves him right for supporting Hearts!

When is the official opening?

I would have thought it would have been a glittering affair attended by the great and the good of Edinburgh society, royalty and World Cup stars.

Have I missed something?

To be fair to them, there pitch does look in good condition . If they sorted the seats which are faded then from a picture perspective the stadium would prob look half decent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    I found myself passing by the Foundation Plaza at the weekend.

The temporary barriers have been removed. Well moved back closer to the brand spanking new mega structure.

What struck me was the absolute mess that is the plaza. Its covered in seagull **** and chewing gum. But worst of all are the weeds growing through. Mt driveway was laid by a bunch of cowboys over 10 years ago, but I still dont have weeds like that.

I would imagine the jambo faithful will be asked to turn up with a trowel on sunday for a mass clean up.
    Surely they could pull in a few favours from the Council? They must be owed a few as they never EVER get preferential treatment to other businesses/football clubs.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Maybe they could move the unique atmospheric escalator to here where it might do some good, when they can get it to work obviously.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    It will also be very dangerous for players running off the surface due to the slope and the limited run off area. Could be an impending safety issue.
    As I recall its the same at Ipox, the front row seats are lower than the pitch, good if your an ankle man????

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Maybe they could move the unique atmospheric escalator to here where it might do some good, when they can get it to work obviously.

How do you know it doesn't work? You were inside weren't you? I would feel dirty........

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    I found myself passing by the Foundation Plaza at the weekend.

The temporary barriers have been removed. Well moved back closer to the brand spanking new mega structure.

What struck me was the absolute mess that is the plaza. Its covered in seagull **** and chewing gum. But worst of all are the weeds growing through. Mt driveway was laid by a bunch of cowboys over 10 years ago, but I still dont have weeds like that.

I would imagine the jambo faithful will be asked to turn up with a trowel on sunday for a mass clean up.
    Weeds? Are you sure it's not just the saplings of the maroon trees we saw in the artists impressions of the new megastructure? The glass curtain wall can't be far away now.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    How do you know it doesn't work? You were inside weren't you? I would feel dirty........

It's inside the megastand so it's a reasonable assumption?

Only been inside the deathtrap once since mercer tried to shut us down.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    It's inside the megastand so it's a reasonable assumption?

Never been to Tyncastle, damn I felt manky even passing the place and had to go home and shower any time I did. It was never enough.....

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=Bostonhibby;5467768]It's inside the megastand so it's a reasonable assumption?

Never been back since then - I'm not bitter.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhibs View Post
    Glad this thread got a bump, one of my favourites. Will it ever be complete and compliant? Will they ever get 20k?

This thread keeps going until the daft project is finished.

Prepare for a long wait.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post

I would have thought it would have been a glittering affair attended by the great and the good of Edinburgh society, royalty and World Cup stars.

Have I missed something?
    Aye Rudi S

Have I missed something?
    Apparently they're hanging fire to see if the English FA accept the joint bid with the SFA for the 2030 world cup. They'll have the grand opening for the World cup final. The FA are believed to be very keen to use Tynecastle instead of Wembly to attract sponsorship and investment to the UK which will filter down to England.
    Last edited by SirDavidsNapper; 18-07-2018 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    Apparently they're hanging fire to see if the English FA accept the joint bid with the SFA for the 2030 world cup. They'll have the grand opening for the World cup final. The FA are believed to be very keen to use Tynecastle instead of Wembly to attract sponsorship and investment to the UK which will filter down to England.
    I just looked on the dark web, and turns out your idea is not so far-fetched.

I discovered that Eamonn Bannon, Steve Bannon's less hirsute father, is gently pulling the strings of the western world.

Having come to prominence during WW1 and again in 1986, Hearts are the obvious choice for a rogue militray-industrial complex plan.

Ann Budge is an anagram of "Banged UN" [i checked] which suggests the United Nations has cause for concern.

And as the "foot in the door" to bring down western democracy from within, if Trump/Pence had failed to reach Office in the West, then Vladimir Putin (who brazenly shares a first name with Romanov) had groomed Leslie Deans/Gary Medals Mackay to be the operational back up plan at the Edinburgh town Corporation.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    If we get it, we’ll need to fill in the corners at ER to increase the capacity

Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    The Roseburn Stand is the one we get. The Wheatfield Stand is the one opposite the 8th Wonderstand and the Gorgie Road Stand is the one with the Josef Fritzl Lounge.

The proposed TV shed in the support struts was between the 8th Wonder and the Roseburn. Now it will just be up the back of the new stand where some seats will have to be removed. Access to the TV area will presumably be through the usual vomitories.

I realised a bit later that I was having a brainfart and got mixed up with the Wheatfield

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

I realised a bit later that I was having a brainfart and got mixed up with the Wheatfield

Easily done. They all look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    Easily done. They all look the same.
    Faded pink seats and patches of rust

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Just passed down Mcleod Street and see some new construction work at the visitor turnstile block.

Looks like they've been forced to add the 2 gates they cut out as a money saver when the Budgie budget was beginning to spiral .

The approved drawings had shown 8 turnstiles for accessing visiting supporters but they thought they'd get away with 6. That caused problems with ourselves and no doubt the Weegie teams.

Adding the two new booths as an extra will double the price of their projected saving, another masterstroke by the good doctor

Although by the rusting manky appearance of the two new metal gate assemblies , they must have been acquired second hand .

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Can’t see another two making that much of a difference to the queuing and build up of fans in the holding area. One small single block of turnstiles all close together is what causes the congestion in my opinion. Just a duff and inadequate ground all round really.

The nursery that had to be finished in June is still a building site as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Can’t see another two making that much of a difference to the queuing and build up of fans in the holding area. One small single block of turnstiles all close together is what causes the congestion in my opinion. Just a duff and inadequate ground all round really.
    An extra 2 will make a decent difference. There will still be queues but should move a bit quicker. Still a dump though

Was the completion of the nursery due in June 2018 or an unspecified year?

Maybe someone has forgotten to order the nappies?

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Was the completion of the nursery due in June 2018 or an unspecified year?

Maybe someone has forgotten to order the nappies?
    I'm sure Craig will have a stash somewhere... just in case

First Team Breakthrough
    Apologies for being a lazy *** (I did skim through a few hundred posts) but did the EPL quality hybrid pitch get laid or did Harry Potter just go to B&Q for some cheap fertilizer?

Unfortunate turn of phrase there, Crops, talking about getting laid in the context of anything involving the Hearts hierarchy.

I think the hybrid pitch has perhaps been installed.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyisGod View Post
    Apologies for being a lazy *** (I did skim through a few hundred posts) but did the EPL quality hybrid pitch get laid or did Harry Potter just go to B&Q for some cheap fertilizer?
    Doesnae need fertilizer with the amount of s***e placed on the field every other Saturday....

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Just passed down Mcleod Street and see some new construction work at the visitor turnstile block.

Looks like they've been forced to add the 2 gates they cut out as a money saver when the Budgie budget was beginning to spiral .

The approved drawings had shown 8 turnstiles for accessing visiting supporters but they thought they'd get away with 6. That caused problems with ourselves and no doubt the Weegie teams.

Adding the two new booths as an extra will double the price of their projected saving, another masterstroke by the good doctor

Although by the rusting manky appearance of the two new metal gate assemblies , they must have been acquired second hand .
    So, in your obviously blinkered opinion, do you think the unique, atmospheric and etc... blah blah blah stand will still be delivered on time, on budget, complianty with all the relevant sign offs in place before the nursery reopens?

Sir Matt Busby