hibs.net Messageboard

Page 389 of 430 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399 ... LastLast
Results 11,641 to 11,670 of 12885
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have they built the new TV studio yet?

Where in the ground is it supposed to be?
    There was talk of it being in one of the corner supports. I’m sure greenginger posted plans up.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Greenfly's Avatar
    Donkey rides, beach volleyball and sandcastle competitions - just a wee fundraising idea.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    There was talk of it being in one of the corner supports. I’m sure greenginger posted plans up.

Yeah, its meant to be in the corner support between the Roseburn stand and the new 8th wonder of the world stand.

Only problem was that to make any space would require the removal of sections of cross-bracing threatening the collapse of the whole place.

I don't know what they are waiting for.

Left by mutual consent!
    Their stadium, pitch, manager and squad are all *****. End Of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    If they dug down deep enough they might find where they buried the ghost of football past.
    Going by that view from one of their two tunnels the players will need steps tae get onto the pitch, more cost to install a ramp or stair lift for Aaron Hughes & McLean 🤭

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Maybe instead of changing their style of play and keeping the ball down, they're trying to take the pitch to the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Yeah, its meant to be in the corner support between the Roseburn stand and the new 8th wonder of the world stand.

Only problem was that to make any space would require the removal of sections of cross-bracing threatening the collapse of the whole place.

Did they not change that because they realised it would make some more seats restricted view like the police box on the other side? I think there was talk of them putting it at the back of the stand but that they might lose a few seats because of it.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    Did they not change that because they realised it would make some more seats restricted view like the police box on the other side? I think there was talk of them putting it at the back of the stand but that they might lose a few seats because of it.

There's not been any changes to the planning application drawings for the media centre approved last year.

The building warrant application submitted at the same time is still " pending consideration " as there is no design certificate attached to the the application.

In other words , they can't get their structural engineer to sign off the removal of the bracing.

Still think Budge to carry on regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Maybe instead of changing their style of play and keeping the ball down, they're trying to take the pitch to the ball?
    Laugh out loud moment ! Haha

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    But will it be ready in time? First few games all away from home again😀
    I did think it was funny that a few weeks before the end of the season, & while theoretically Yams could still achieve 4th place & Europe, they announced the pitch would be ready in time for the League Cup sectional games. Looks like reality has set in at least in some parts of Gorgie, but I suspect the deluded didn't even notice..

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Pretty sure they announced a while back they're building the tv studio at the top of the new main stand facing the pitch. I'm assuming Sky/BT/BBC didn't fancy having a rusting iron flood light being the main focal point behind their presenters and not the football pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Pretty sure they announced a while back they're building the tv studio at the top of the new main stand facing the pitch. I'm assuming Sky/BT/BBC didn't fancy having a rusting iron flood light being the main focal point behind their presenters and not the football pitch.
    Was there not a plan for one of the boxes to be built around the support struts?

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Was there not a plan for one of the boxes to be built around the support struts?
    No idea. This was said a couple of month back.

Q: Is there a plan to build a TV studio?

AB: Yes, there is a preferred plan, and that is to house it at the top/rear of the new stand. It would be approximately mid-way between the halfway point and the corner nearest the control room. It would have a glass fronted window overlooking the stadium. Current designs might see the loss of a couple of rows of seats directly in front of it. This is still being checked out by our structural engineers.

AB: Yes, there is a preferred plan, and that is to house it at the top/rear of the new stand. It would be approximately mid-way between the halfway point and the corner nearest the control room. It would have a glass fronted window overlooking the stadium. Current designs might see the loss of a couple of rows of seats directly in front of it. This is still being checked out by our structural engineers.
    So even less seats at a time when there's talk of them magicing up more.

I love the eighth wonder stand.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    So even less seats at a time when there's talk of them magicing up more.

I love the eighth wonder stand.

Forward planning is clearly Budge’s strong point....

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Forward planning is clearly Budge’s strong point....
    The whole project reminds me of Spinal Tap's Stonehenge extravaganza...

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

I’d call Hearts rank amateurs, but rank amateurs will complain that they are being insulted by the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

Isn't that where the Police Box is though?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the Roseburn Stand and the Main stand aren't even next to each other. Did you mean between the Gorgie and Main Stands?
    Last edited by Keith_M; 31-05-2018 at 02:16 PM.

All big teams have the fuzz sitting with the hacks in the same shed halfway up a pylon.

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    Just had a wee nod in over the road and looked at their 'Hybrid Pitch' thread. The latest pictures show a sand layer which goes down before the soil and also houses the undersoil heating pipes. Anyway, the point it that the pitch now seems to be sitting high with a run-off similar to the pitch at Old Trafford. Not as high, but still significantly higher than it has been. Bearing in mind that the run-off is at an angle, if the pitch ends up like this, surely it will be even smaller and, if it's raised, you'd imagine it will affect the view from the front rows.

Take a look over if you dare. http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....-pitch/&page=7
    It will also be very dangerous for players running off the surface due to the slope and the limited run off area. Could be an impending safety issue.

Testimonial Due

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the Roseburn Stand and the Main stand aren't even next to each other. Did you mean between the Gorgie and Main Stands?
    The Roseburn Stand is the one we get. The Wheatfield Stand is the one opposite the 8th Wonderstand and the Gorgie Road Stand is the one with the Josef Fritzl Lounge.

The proposed TV shed in the support struts was between the 8th Wonder and the Roseburn. Now it will just be up the back of the new stand where some seats will have to be removed. Access to the TV area will presumably be through the usual vomitories.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    It will also be very dangerous for players running off the surface due to the slope and the limited run off area. Could be an impending safety issue.
    I'm sure they'll have checked out any Health and Safety issues. Oh wait ...

Barry Anderson is training to become a police community support officer to help make this workable.

I found myself passing by the Foundation Plaza at the weekend.

The temporary barriers have been removed. Well moved back closer to the brand spanking new mega structure.

What struck me was the absolute mess that is the plaza. Its covered in seagull **** and chewing gum. But worst of all are the weeds growing through. Mt driveway was laid by a bunch of cowboys over 10 years ago, but I still dont have weeds like that.

I would imagine the jambo faithful will be asked to turn up with a trowel on sunday for a mass clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    I found myself passing by the Foundation Plaza at the weekend.

The temporary barriers have been removed. Well moved back closer to the brand spanking new mega structure.

What struck me was the absolute mess that is the plaza. Its covered in seagull **** and chewing gum. But worst of all are the weeds growing through. Mt driveway was laid by a bunch of cowboys over 10 years ago, but I still dont have weeds like that.

I would imagine the jambo faithful will be asked to turn up with a trowel on sunday for a mass clean up.
    They'll find a way to sell them the weeds, some "historic" "unique chance to own" mumbo jumbo. Jumbos.

@hibs.net private member JollyGreenGiant's Avatar
    Older Jambo guy I know decided to buy a season ticket in the new stand last season, but he has had to move as he can't go up the steps to his seat as it's too steep

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyGreenGiant View Post
    Older Jambo guy I know decided to buy a season ticket in the new stand last season, but he has had to move as he can't go up the steps to his seat as it's too steep
    The new stand is less steep than the older stands.

First Team Breakthrough
    Glad this thread got a bump, one of my favourites. Will it ever be complete and compliant? Will they ever get 20k?