hibs.net Messageboard

Page 377 of 430 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427 ... LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,310 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say call it the A.B. Stand and that covers both.
    Risky. We jealous vermin would immediately rechristen as the All is Barry Stand.

2. Log in to remove the advert

[QUOTE=007;5358606]I'd be surprised if it was Doctor Budge that made the donation(s). A better way to avoid the wrath of irrational football fans would be to make the millions donated public knowledge and that would elevate her to virtual sainthood in their fans' eyes. To use SingHibs' description of her, an egomaniac, would most definitely let a donation of that much be known to one and all.

To be fair I think you have used Occam's razor to shave cocteautwin's beard fairly well here. Although he does make a good point about the bizarre details of the BG tale.

I know a few very wealthy yams who have made decent sized donations to them. There was a time I was convinced it was them!

They reckon it's the Earl of Roseberys family who have been wined and dined by the club and been made a huge fuss of when they takeover hospitality.
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I know a few very wealthy yams who have made decent sized donations to them. There was a time I was convinced it was them!

They reckon it's the Earl of Roseberys family who have been wined and dined by the club and been made a huge fuss of when they takeover hospitality.

Mmmm...Free Pie and a Pint your Earlship? Why I dont mind if I do...oh and here's £3m because its so excellent a crusted meat dish. Aye right.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Too bad that our finances are wrecked and we’re doomed tick tock 1902 etc

Nightmare eh?

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Mmmm...Free Pie and a Pint your Earlship? Why I dont mind if I do...oh and here's £3m because its so excellent a crusted meat dish. Aye right.
    Don't forget they also adopted a stunning away kit to pay wonderful homage to his earlship's family history.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Don't forget they also adopted a stunning away kit to pay wonderful homage to his earlship's family history.
    Nah that was the strip they decided to adopt when the though Trebor were going to sponsor them.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Nah that was the strip they decided to adopt when the though Trebor were going to sponsor them.
    Mr Kipling I heard. Hence the Battenburg design.

They both make exceedingly good cakes, apparently.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    Hearts started work in preparation for the new stand on 18th November 2016. That was 500 days ago and it is still nowhere near finished!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Would sir care for beans with his pie?

Why yes I would, now take this 1.5 million and make me my own vomitorium

Testimonial Due
    [QUOTE=Crazyhorse;5358689]
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I'd be surprised if it was Doctor Budge that made the donation(s). A better way to avoid the wrath of irrational football fans would be to make the millions donated public knowledge and that would elevate her to virtual sainthood in their fans' eyes. To use SingHibs' description of her, an egomaniac, would most definitely let a donation of that much be known to one and all.

To be fair I think you have used Occam's razor to shave cocteautwin's beard fairly well here. Although he does make a good point about the bizarre details of the BG tale.
    £4.5m ws crucial to getting the stand to where it is today. The Budge pyramid scheme would have collapsed with DDs being cancelled and lost revenues from not having a finished stadium
    ,hiring Murrayfield with swindling attendants. as well as being a complete loss of face for Budge. Revealing her as the donor would have fans asking will she want to get the money back. Will the fans ever own the club. Are we actually just supplying working capital. Maybe there are these mystical fans that rustle up round millions on tap whenever there is going to be a cash shortfall. But they were posted missing missing when Budge stepped in. We will know someday. Anyway lets open up the gap further tonight.

[QUOTE=SingHibs;5359642]
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post

£4.5m ws crucial to getting the stand to where it is today. The Budge pyramid scheme would have collapsed with DDs being cancelled and lost revenues from not having a finished stadium
    ,hiring Murrayfield with swindling attendants. as well as being a complete loss of face for Budge. Revealing her as the donor would have fans asking will she want to get the money back. Will the fans ever own the club. Are we actually just supplying working capital. Maybe there are these mystical fans that rustle up round millions on tap whenever there is going to be a cash shortfall. But they were posted missing missing when Budge stepped in. We will know someday. Anyway lets open up the gap further tonight.
    Agree lets keep forging ahead. The more cash they pour into their farcical one tier stand of unknown capacity the better and ultimately I don't really care where the cash is coming from. The current level playing field doesn't seem to suit them and I for one would love to see 5 absolute hammerings for them in the post-split matches. The lower their season ticket sales the better for us.

Testimonial Due
    [QUOTE=Crazyhorse;5359659]
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post

Agree lets keep forging ahead. The more cash they pour into their farcical one tier stand of unknown capacity the better and ultimately I don't really care where the cash is coming from. The current level playing field doesn't seem to suit them and I for one would love to see 5 absolute hammerings for them in the post-split matches. The lower their season ticket sales the better for us.
    5 hammerings would be fine under normal circumstances but to maintain our push for second place it would good to see them taking some points off Rangers and Aberdeen in the upcoming fixtures. Two 0-0 draws and then 3 hammerings would be useful.

As for the level playing field that has recently been touted I think it needs to be highlighted that rather than some level of fairness being restored, in the last 4 years, if you add up Budge contributions, anonymous donations, bank loans and begging bowl donations, HMFC have shot through some £15m more than Hibs have had at their disposal. Maybe this amount needs to be added to the sum of money that was spent during the Robinson and Vlad years which perhaps takes the whole sum spent past the £100m mark?

Testimonial Due
    [QUOTE=cocteautwin;5359807]
    As for the level playing field that has recently been touted I think it needs to be highlighted that rather than some level of fairness being restored, in the last 4 years, if you add up Budge contributions, anonymous donations, bank loans and begging bowl donations, HMFC have shot through some £15m more than Hibs have had at their disposal. Maybe this amount needs to be added to the sum of money that was spent during the Robinson and Vlad years which perhaps takes the whole sum spent past the £100m mark?
    There's a big difference with the most recent batch of money that's been largely wasted by our pink pals. The recent cash could at least be considered their own money. If auld Annie and her pals chuck their millions at 'the project' then at least they earned the millions themselves in the first place. Similarly, when my family yams make their DD donations, it's their own money and it's driven by a bona fide love of the club. Cake bakes, cow cash and all their other fundraising schemes are all good too. Although Mr and Mrs Cardigan may be depriving wee Johnny of his holiday to Butlins, it's a private decision that they're entitled to make.

The good old money-laundering days when they knowingly flirted with insolvency while racking up debts that would never be repaid, well those are a different thing altogether. While they've long since been filed under 'move along, nothing to see here' by Scotland's football media, we know deep down that in those quiet Rover-polishing moments when they allow their guard to drop, Hearts supporters are well aware that their big day in the Hampden sunshine was a big fat lie bought with the proceeds of crime.

Long may they continue to fritter their cash on the Tinycastle folly. May its rust be forever in need of a lick of paint, may its escalator be often on the blink, may they forever aspire to dinner in the Joseph Fritzl Suite. They have the club they deserve.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Alan62;5359823]
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post

There's a big difference with the most recent batch of money that's been largely wasted by our pink pals. The recent cash could at least be considered their own money. If auld Annie and her pals chuck their millions at 'the project' then at least they earned the millions themselves in the first place. Similarly, when my family yams make their DD donations, it's their own money and it's driven by a bona fide love of the club. Cake bakes, cow cash and all their other fundraising schemes are all good too. Although Mr and Mrs Cardigan may be depriving wee Johnny of his holiday to Butlins, it's a private decision that they're entitled to make.

The good old money-laundering days when they knowingly flirted with insolvency while racking up debts that would never be repaid, well those are a different thing altogether. While they've long since been filed under 'move along, nothing to see here' by Scotland's football media, we know deep down that in those quiet Rover-polishing moments when they allow their guard to drop, Hearts supporters are well aware that their big day in the Hampden sunshine was a big fat lie bought with the proceeds of crime.

Long may they continue to fritter their cash on the Tinycastle folly. May its rust be forever in need of a lick of paint, may its escalator be often on the blink, may they forever aspire to dinner in the Joseph Fritzl Suite. They have the club they deserve.

... And all the while lauding the emperor's new clothes

Empress, surely.

Did you not see her in her resplendent new finery?

Testimonial Due
    [QUOTE=Alan62;5359823]

Yes, indeed, all good and agreed. It's not a level playing field though. If it was a level playing field our owner would have pumped in £6m and we would have had extra bank loans of £2.5m over the past 4 years, neither of which I would want for Hibs. Hibs are ranked 5th in Scotland in terms of resources available. Let's hope we can continue to punch above our weight.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    [QUOTE=cocteautwin;5359885]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post

Yes, indeed, all good and agreed. It's not a level playing field though. If it was a level playing field our owner would have pumped in £6m and we would have had extra bank loans of £2.5m over the past 4 years, neither of which I would want for Hibs. Hibs are ranked 5th in Scotland in terms of resources available. Let's hope we can continue to punch above our weight.
    We didn't have a £15m stand to pay for, though. We didn't need any loans or donations.

FOH apart, our respective incomes are quite similar.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Arguably the best thing about the FoH donations is that they're no longer looked upon as 'exceptional items' by Hearts. Far from it, it's necessary income even to maintain their current poor standard.

Our family yammery are stumping up an extra £110 compared to us for their season tickets in (ahem) Platinum seats in the Wheatfield Stand. We're in West Lower in cracking seats which would easily be categorised as Platinum in yamspeak.

They also have their FoH DDs (presumably £5-1 a month?). It's become a badge of commitment for them. They know that stopping it makes sense but they're beyond the point of making sense. Admitting it's a donation for dafties would be like stopping doing the lottery after all those years because you just realised that it's a stupidity tax. So they plough on. The level of their financial commitment only magnifies the scale of their unhappiness though when they're served up dreadful football and starved of anything that resembles success.

The absolute highlights of their season so far have been a scrambled victory against us, getting away with a goal that crossed the line but wasn't give, a hypnotically boring run of clean sheets and the one occasion that they actually played well and beat Celtic. Pleasing.

[QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;5359892]
    We didn't have a £15m stand to pay for, though.
    Neither would Hearts if they had redeveloped ten to fifteen years back.

They spent their cash (or technically other peoples cash) on the player budget to win a couple of Scottish Cups. This was consistent from Mercer to the Pieman and Romanov.

The Club's management have brought it on themselves.

It will be interesting to see how long the Gorgie faithful will continue to pay three times to support their team: season tickets, FoH subscription, and donations to the begging bowl? It cannot be a sustainable future.

Testimonial Due
    [QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;5359892]
    We didn't have a £15m stand to pay for, though. We didn't need any loans or donations.

FOH apart, our respective incomes are quite similar.

You're talking about the bottom half of their cash flow statement which isn't the issue here. On the top half of the cash flow statement, over the past 4 years, they've had £15m more coming in than Hibs.

[QUOTE=cocteautwin;5360147]
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

You're talking about the bottom half of their cash flow statement which isn't the issue here. On the top half of the cash flow statement, over the past 4 years, they've had £15m more coming in than Hibs.
    I put expenditure on the bottom half of my Cash Flows :)

Out of interest, where do you get £15m?

Left by mutual consent!
    [QUOTE=cocteautwin;5359807]

5 hammerings would be fine under normal circumstances but to maintain our push for second place it would good to see them taking some points off Rangers and Aberdeen in the upcoming fixtures. Two 0-0 draws and then 3 hammerings would be useful.

Perhaps ?? - From Merger through to Mad-Vlad it's a minimum £110-115m. Vlad did at least 2 'Equity-for-shares' (or whatever's the right business term) both were for £20m+, SMG gave them £8/9m - there's £50m straight off. When you add on their season-on-season debts/losses for just over 30+ years, even £110-115m might be on the low-side !

Testimonial Due
    [QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;5360225]
    I put expenditure on the bottom half of my Cash Flows :)

Out of interest, where do you get £15m?
    FOH + Budge + "Anonymous" + Bank loans

[QUOTE=cocteautwin;5360299]

FOH + Budge + "Anonymous" + Bank loans
    Budge's loan went straight to BDO, no? It wasn't income for the club.

I'll give you FOH and the donors.

The bank loan. We don't know how much of that facility has been drawn down.

Testimonial Due
    [QUOTE=Deansy;5360236]

Perhaps ?? - From Merger through to Mad-Vlad it's a minimum £110-115m. Vlad did at least 2 'Equity-for-shares' (or whatever's the right business term) both were for £20m+, SMG gave them £8/9m - there's £50m straight off. When you add on their season-on-season debts/losses for just over 30+ years, even £110-115m might be on the low-side !
    Wow. Astonishing. We really should have a long term thread which totals these amounts, highlighting just how much has/is being spent on the HMFC project.

Testimonial Due
    [QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;5360318]
    Budge's loan went straight to BDO, no? It wasn't income for the club.

I'll give you FOH and the donors.

The bank loan. We don't know how much of that facility has been drawn down.

Bidco loan £2.4m still sitting in LT creditors. Who knows whether the bank loan has been drawn down but I'd wager the 2018 accounts don't show this as merely an available banking facility yet to be touched.

Testimonial Due
    http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....romanov-years/

these figures confirm the debt for equity/forgiveness/creative accounting and that for years they were spending more on wages than their entire turnover.
    It's been done before BUT not when they are being propped up by the proceeds of financial crime.

Forever tainted.

[QUOTE=cocteautwin;5360420]

Bidco loan £2.4m still sitting in LT creditors. Who knows whether the bank loan has been drawn down but I'd wager the 2018 accounts don't show this as merely an available banking facility yet to be touched.
    Yes the loan is in creditors. But it wasn't income for the club. As I say, it went straight to BDO from Bidco.

The only difference between our income and theirs is a couple of years of FOH. The rest of the FOH money has gone to the stand.

Deduct from that the 500k that HSL have contributed, to get a proper comparison.

Blog Entries
    JohnJames (I know)suggesting today that David Murray was the anonymous donor. Quid pro quo was getting planning permission from a senior executive, not sure if council or government.
    Last edited by brog; 03-04-2018 at 09:09 PM.