hibs.net Messageboard

Page 372 of 430 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382422 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,160 of 12885
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So if the capacity is 20,000 now, she also said that to build the new TV area will mean removing seats at the back of the stand, how many will they need to remove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Potter reckons 460.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Small to medium conference space is probably in ample supply and there will be many many existing venues operating in that market. Large conference space (EICC stylee)is probably still under supplied.

Anyway it sounds like a typical fall back answer. Clearly they have no idea what the space is to be used for as they have realised AFTER building it that it really wasn’t suitable for their intended use.

I think it’s safe to say the second floor won’t be getting fitted out or used in any meaningful way for a long time.

And as for the TV Studio plans...did I read that correctly in that they are now planning to retro fit that into the back of the stand? The same stand that has no dedicated directors access so I’m assuming there will be zero dedicated access for the TV pundits, crew and equipment all of which will need to use the standard stairways that the fans use to access their seats....that sounds like a brilliant plan!
    Did they not draw up plans to put the TV studio in between the floodligts.

Quote Originally Posted by dchibs View Post
    Could be wrong but I think I read you have to have 1 facing the pitch, i'd imagine with non-restricted views. Don't think i've ever seen a game on Sky Sports were the presenters can't see 50% of the pitch due to the fact there is a rusting steel flood light pillar blocking their view. Still, Hearts have been full of firsts with this project so this could be another one...

Think that has now been scrapped and it’s going in the middle of the new stand up the back cutting their small capacity even further. Usually an architect thinks of all these thing before they start building but the yams appear to be going a different way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even then AB has said this is a preferred option which makes me think its not even past the planning stage.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leither17 View Post
    Motherwell too
    Either option and I would piss myself laughing.

Although it is about time we were beating them at Tynecastle so it would be a shame to not get the chance to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Think that has now been scrapped and it’s going in the middle of the new stand up the back cutting their small capacity even further. Usually an architect thinks of all these thing before they start building but the yams appear to be going a different way.

The application was submitted between the floodlights- have they changed their minds ?

So they have spent £15 million and rising still (nursery - new tv studio - control room scaling back) and they have increased capacity by around 3,000 but they have decided to keep hospitality in the old Gorgie Suite - sounds like they are reallly preparing for the future ! Does that mean I have to cancel my table reservation for the castle view (of the school). Shambles F.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Family yam swears blind it's around 19500 but far better quality than ER. He's moved up a few hundred but essentially nowts changed.

Pleasing.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    And what does he get that I don't get from my seat in the East stand, one thing is for sure its not better football or a better atmosphere.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    And what does he get that I don't get from my seat in the East stand, one thing is for sure its not better football or a better atmosphere.
    He rarely goes to games. It's his golf day☺

Wife and kids go to ER☺

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Yes but they had to scrap that when they realised that it would make more seats in the new stand restricted view... and also it would have the structural elements of the main roof supports right through the middle of it!

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

That's a pity. Looking at the plans for the TV studio built into the stand support column, it showed the removal of pieces of cross sectional strutting to form some floor space for the broadcasters.

That could have brought down the roofs of the Roseburn stand and the Budge folly in a one large heap.

So let me get this straight.
    They built a new stand with the intention of increasing capacity and providing matchday hospitality in new state of the art suites which would generate an extra £1M per year?

But now its been decided to leave the new suites empty and use them for conferences which it isn't suitable for them to host for a whole load of reasons?

So, in effect, they have paid £15M for a rusty single tier stand with no hospitality, no TV studio, no new Police box and a couple of long rooms with pillars in them?

And the loyal fans praise her for being open, honest and transparent?

Can you imagine this place if Rod had made such a mess of our re build?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    He rarely goes to games. It's his golf day☺

Wife and kids go to ER☺

So hes just a typical yam slaver, I'm glad his wife and kids noticed that as well.

@fat freddy

No your way off the mark, AB has recently said that the new stands will generate around 2.5m - 3m extra per year once fully operational.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    So hes just a typical yam slaver, I'm glad his wife and kids noticed that as well.
    Aye he generally is, a product of the vlad years where he was a bit more vocal. TBH he is not convinced by the good doctor and is also a DD canceller so not all bad

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    It’s not me either.

It’s an incredible slice of good fortune though. The club nearly gets liquidated and then 3 years later a Hearts minded philanthropist drops £3m into the pot.
    Is anybody still falling for the anonymous story? We all know gave that very round 3 mill.

Testimonial Due
    The latest revelations from Auld Annie's Q&A are, what's the word? Oh, yes, 'pleasing'. Very pleasing indeed. The shambles continues and they suck it up. I'm actually quite glad that they aren't calling her out over all this. Just means that this thread will run for quite some time to come.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    If they'd done it back then, it would have made no difference. This time, it has.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    They would have not needed Budge and the DDs. They could have given the club straight to the fans for a nominal amount and plenty of change left over.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Is anybody still falling for the anonymous story? We all know gave that very round 3 mill.
    It was Ann Onymous! Maybe we should change to Ann Ominous!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
    That is unbelievable if true.
    Also the statement that Edinburgh lacks conference facilities - can't be true surely? There are tons of hotels just for starters.
    That, I can confirm , is absolute horse5hite.

There is very, very stiff competition between conference venues in Edinburgh already. Without even trying particularly here are just some:

Murrayfield - multiple conference suites
    Easter Road

Hotels:
    Caledonian
    Grosvenor
    Sheraton
    Hospitality Inn (2)
    George Hotel (as was)
    Carlton Barcelo (as was) North Bridge
    At least two of the Apex Hotels have conference suites
    Macdonald Holyrood Hotel
    Novotel Edinburgh Park
    DoubleTree by Hilton at the Airport
    the old Dragonara at Belford Road (formerly Eugene Lampard's Renault garage for Hibbies of a certain age)

Miscellaneous venues:
    Edinburgh Training Centre
    At least three major law firms have Edinburgh conference suites
    At least three major financial services companies have conference suites
    RBS conference centre, Gogar
    Council: City Chambers and Assembly Rooms
    A couple of Housing Associations have conference suites
    NHS Scotland has conference facilities
    Church of Scotland has conferencing facilities
    Norton Park conference centre next to ER
    Edinburgh International Conference Centre
    Royal Highland Showground has conference suites
    Edinburgh Zoo conference centre

Then there are others like:
    Surgeon's Hall (multiple venues)
    Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation
    Edinburgh Corn Exchange (multiple venues)

Universities:
    Edinburgh (multiple venues)
    Heriot-Watt (multiple venues)
    Edinburgh Napier University
    Queen Margaret University

Trust me, I didn't even need to think about that list too hard. There are many, many others catering extensively to the high, mid and low ends of the conferencing market.

Of course few if any of them can compete with the Heartswarts staircase to nowhere.

AB may have temporarily waived some interest repayments but I would not be in the least surprised if there is not some sort of agreement that this will be recouped in spades once the new share issue becomes a reality. However long away that is we don't know yet, it is a moving feast. What we can safely assume is that at present she owns the whole lot, lock stock and barrel, and will very much control what happens in the medium to longer term. There is no way she will lose out personally.

The people losing out financially, in my opinion, are the punters presently lobbing money in with no tangible return, other than the satisfaction of helping her out financially, while she retains ownership of the whole shooting match.

She has pulled off a major coup, in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    They would have not needed Budge and the DDs. They could have given the club straight to the fans for a nominal amount and plenty of change left over.
    Perhaps the donor didn't want that; that they were happy for someone else to take the reins. If it were me, I certainly wouldn't be keen on the club being taken over by "the fans". That would be a disastrous route IMO.

And, if the secured creditor was aware that there was potentially more money available, they would have held out for more than they eventually got.

Besides, I thought you said the donor was Budge ?
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 29-03-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    The application was submitted between the floodlights- have they changed their minds ?

So they have spent £15 million and rising still (nursery - new tv studio - control room scaling back) and they have increased capacity by around 3,000 but they have decided to keep hospitality in the old Gorgie Suite - sounds like they are reallly preparing for the future ! Does that mean I have to cancel my table reservation for the castle view (of the school). Shambles F.C.
    It’s not even gone up by 3000. The derby was an 18600 sell out.

Testimonial Due
    Lots of people think they know who made the anonymous donations. Names have been bandied about, hints have been given, theories advanced. If we all knew who gave the money, it would no longer be anonymous. You clearly think you know who it was but I'd be willing to bet that you're wide of the mark.

if 18600 was a sell out and AB has said that they can only sell 95% of the stadium capacity at the moment that bring there capacity up-to 19500 and that's being generous. They are kidding themselves if they think that stadium holds 20,000 especially when they are about to rip out a few rows for a media box and create a new exit for the directors. all of which will result in loss of seats.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    Lots of people think they know who made the anonymous donations. Names have been bandied about, hints have been given, theories advanced. If we all knew who gave the money, it would no longer be anonymous. You clearly think you know who it was but I'd be willing to bet that you're wide of the mark.
    Really? Who has their names in the frame?

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    Why i think it is the obvious is solely down to the lack of investors prepared to come forward when they were dying. If the amounts of these donations are to be believed then it would have more than saved them at that time.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    If they hadn’t banged on relentlessly about a stand that would give them a 20,000+ capacity stadium, and their fans whipping themselves into a frenzy about having more seats than Easter Road, I don’t think Hibs fans would have cared less if the capacity of Tynecastle was bigger or smaller than Easter Road by a few hundred seats. For most reasonably thinking folk, both grounds are similar in size.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Why i think it is the obvious is solely down to the lack of investors prepared to come forward when they were dying. If the amounts of these donations are to be believed then it would have more than saved them at that time.
    No it wouldn't.

The amount of the debt (c £30m) was so much that a further few million wouldn't have made any difference to the eventual outcome. It would have gone to the secured creditor, who was owed about £8m IIRC.

Any potential investor or donor with any sense would have seen that, and kept their money for a time when it would make a difference.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 29-03-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Really? Who has their names in the frame?
    Budge, obv. Lots of folks speculating about the link with the Rosebery family - you know how they issued a strip in his colours which made them look like Battenburg Cakes. I have also hinted fairly heavily on this thread that folks should be turning their gaze towards a fund management firm that's nearer our home than Tinycastle. My story, unlike the Rosebery speculation, has its roots in first-hand source fact and is consistent with the anonymity angle. After all, who'd give their money to a fund manager who chooses to ***** his giant bonus on such an ill-considered project?