hibs.net Messageboard

Page 371 of 430 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381421 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,130 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A £3M wall? Just how long is it?
    it will surely be great though, visible from space and more than a rival for the wee one in China.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    There's a moderately interesting and very detailed Q&A with Ann Budge on Kickback.

At the very top, the first question, is 'what is the capacity?'

The answer is that it is 20,000. Not around that figure, or just over that amount, but exactly. Amazing that they have built the stand exactly to such a round and significant figure......

So there you go. Even if they can never fill or sell that many seats (because they don't exist), the official capacity is 20,000.
    She tells porkies. I can assure you its 19541 max including restricted view. People can use FOIs to check the safety certification papers dear Doctor so lets be honest for once.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The whole fiasco is a **** up of biblical proportions and she is a glib and shameless liar.

She must have Chemical Ali writing those press releases.

Not all the puddle drinkers are as thick as she thinks.

The penny will eventually drop.

All in all as far as I am concerned her ownership of Hearts has been a resounding success.

All hail the good doctor and more power to her delusion I say.

An overall capacity of exactly 20,000? Aye ok A(nn).

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    She tells porkies. I can assure you its 19541 max including restricted view. People can use FOIs to check the safety certification papers dear Doctor so lets be honest for once.
    Interesting. Is that how you got the number 19541?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    There's a moderately interesting and very detailed Q&A with Ann Budge on Kickback.

At the very top, the first question, is 'what is the capacity?'

The answer is that it is 20,000. Not around that figure, or just over that amount, but exactly. Amazing that they have built the stand exactly to such a round and significant figure......

So there you go. Even if they can never fill or sell that many seats (because they don't exist), the official capacity is 20,000.

So is this Budge officially admitting that Tyney IS tinier ?

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Ann Bodge is a m(assive) slaver.

Coaching Staff
    The figure she is telling them about the pitch laid last season is way under what I heard was the actual cost (from someone who was 'at the table' when she made the decision - a decision he said was 'the most she has ever spent with the least amount of information to hand').

I honestly cannot believe Hearts supporters are happy with that Q&A the whole project is an absolute shambles from start to 'unfinished'

They really are a gullible (and arrogant) lot. Wee bit unrest in the squad too I'm hearing

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This bit about not moving the "hospitality experience" - so, am I reading this right that they will spend £15 M on a new stand, and the hospitality will be somewhere else so they can flog conference facilities !!

That explains why the current "suites" look like cheap hotel breakout rooms.

Surely the radges on JKB see through this guff?
    And am I right in thinking the Gorgie suite hospitality referred to is that sunken Jozef Fritzl bunker-type place that somebody posted pics of way back on this thread?? If so, are they really suggesting that just sticking with that is a better option than fitting out the new stand that was supposedly designed to accommodate state of the art hospitality facilities?! Surely the whole point of having hospitality in the new stand is so that it can be part of the whole experience, allowing you to walk from your table to your seat in the stand? Instead, all that's there is a vast disused, undecorated space filled with builders' rubble and paint pots. The whole thing, including the decision not to bother fitting out any office space in the new stand, is a pitifully weak smokescreen designed to try and mask the fact they've no money to do any of this.

Here's a reminder of the schedule as listed by Budge in April 2017:

2.3 Construction Phase – Part 3 : Fit-out
    Having built the structure of the new building, we must, of course, then do the fit-out. This will be done in stages as cash-flow permits.

• a) All supporter areas, including toilet facilities, concourse catering facilities, turn-stiles, staircases, lifts, escalators, etc… in short, everything needed to allow our supporters to safely attend home games, is scheduled to be completed by the end of August, 2017.
    • b) The other priority areas required for the end of August are the main entrance hall, the Directors’ Suite, Media Centre and the front Piazza.

OUR PLAN IS TO BE “OPEN FOR BUSINESS” ON 9TH SEPTEMBER 2017.
    c) The next key target date is mid-January 2018, at which point our new hospitality suites will hopefully all be completed, along with the new player facilities.
    HOSPITALITY TARGET DATE IS 20TH JANUARY 2018.
    d) Final deliverables will be the Tynecastle Nursery, the new Club Shop and the new Community Services space.
    OVERALL COMPLETION IS SCHEDULED FOR 30TH MARCH 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    A £3M wall? Just how long is it?
    ****ing £3m !! Who built it, Hadrian ? 😲

Left by mutual consent!
    Anyone a Wikipedia editor care to correct their stadium capacity with citations?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    They really are a gullible (and arrogant) lot. Wee bit unrest in the squad too I'm hearing
    The reaction on kickback is predictably fawning and uncritical with a few exceptions. There's one poster, Francis Albert, who tends to voice reasonable concerns quite regularly (amazed he's not been punted) and has this to say:

AB says the new stand will be churning out money by 2020. But until a few months ago this was to be largely due to new hospitality facilities, which I always thought over-optimistic given that the Gorgie Suite does not regularly sell out. Now in another "lightbulb moment" we have decided the Gorgie Suite is in fact a better venue for the "Match Day Experience" than the newly designed main stand facilities, Instead we are scaling back hospitality facilities and relying on selling space to third parties for exhibitions and conferences and other third party business uses. On what basis have we decided there is profitable demand for these things in a district of town in which commercial premises are not obviously prospering?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    No she isn't

IIRC she’s waived some of the interest for now, but not converted her total sum into an interest free loan.

Mind you, she must be starting to wonder when she will ever get that cash back.

And the ‘mysterious benefactor’ line continues to puzzle me. Whoever it is could get naming rights or some other big return for their £3m. Why didn’t they?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    IIRC she’s waived some of the interest for now, but not converted her total sum into an interest free loan.

Mind you, she must be starting to wonder when she will ever get that cash back.

And the ‘mysterious benefactor’ line continues to puzzle me. Whoever it is could get naming rights or some other big return for their £3m. Why didn’t they?
    She has waived all of the interest until at least May. What happens after that...we don't know.

As for the second part... not everyone wants something for their money. Perhaps ensuring the completion of the stand was enough for them. It's a personal thing, but if it were me I think I'd prefer to stay anonymous.

It's not me.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 28-03-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    The reaction on kickback is predictably fawning and uncritical with a few exceptions. There's one poster, Francis Albert, who tends to voice reasonable concerns quite regularly (amazed he's not been punted) and has this to say:

AB says the new stand will be churning out money by 2020. But until a few months ago this was to be largely due to new hospitality facilities, which I always thought over-optimistic given that the Gorgie Suite does not regularly sell out. Now in another "lightbulb moment" we have decided the Gorgie Suite is in fact a better venue for the "Match Day Experience" than the newly designed main stand facilities, Instead we are scaling back hospitality facilities and relying on selling space to third parties for exhibitions and conferences and other third party business uses. On what basis have we decided there is profitable demand for these things in a district of town in which commercial premises are not obviously prospering?
    I had a wee read of the Q&A and I had to laugh at the statement about Levein being liked and taking and interest in players, etc...........I spoke with the father of a first team Hearts player last month and many of the players (and parents) cannot stand him. Said father is a Hearts season ticket holder and he was scathing about Levein and the way he is treating certain players. Budge is very very naive in that sense.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Which 50% of Edinburgh brides/grooms would refuse to even look at as a venue.

Said it before, some of her decisions make me wonder how Budge became such a wealthy businesswoman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    90%
    Somebody forgot to tell us

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/pages/weddingsparties

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/pages/meetings

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    No she isn't
    She will be though.☺

Imagine having a 100% secured debt when you controlled when to start collecting.

Wonga could only dream.....

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    An overall capacity of exactly 20,000? Aye ok A(nn).
    Family yam swears blind it's around 19500 but far better quality than ER. He's moved up a few hundred but essentially nowts changed.

Pleasing.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    ****ing £3m !! Who built it, Hadrian ?
    Adrian. Lives in his elderly mothers basement. Got a nice line in knitted maroon jumpers. Faux leather driving gloves and does a great 1-5 on one hand.

Can't lay one brick on top of another but is a stadium design expert down gorgie way.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    She has waived all of the interest until at least May. What happens after that...we don't know.

As for the second part... not everyone wants something for their money. Perhaps ensuring the completion of the stand was enough for them. It's a personal thing, but if it were me I think I'd prefer to stay anonymous.

It's not me.
    Alex Salmond fully funded by Russia Today who has the mysterious backer a Russian sub mariner who made his fortune Lithuania and Latvia

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    The whole fiasco is a **** up of biblical proportions and she is a glib and shameless liar.

All in all as far as I am concerned her ownership of Hearts has been a resounding success.

You are thinking of Comical Ali.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post

Really? They went through 10 years of the ‘owe it to ourselves’ era and not many saw that coming.👀

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I still don't think it should be one of the main revenue drivers for your main stand if you run a football club.

Looks like the Yams have descended back into Vlad mode. 'Our leader is always right. All hail the leader'

Ann Jong Un.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    If they finish bottom 6, with poor ST sales it could be a downward spiral.
    Still arithmetically possible for St Johnstone to finish 6th.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

It's not me.

It’s not me either.

It’s an incredible slice of good fortune though. The club nearly gets liquidated and then 3 years later a Hearts minded philanthropist drops £3m into the pot.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    It’s not me either.

It’s an incredible slice of good fortune though. The club nearly gets liquidated and then 3 years later a Hearts minded philanthropist drops £3m into the pot.
    If they'd done it back then, it would have made no difference. This time, it has.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    So if the capacity is 20,000 now, she also said that to build the new TV area will mean removing seats at the back of the stand, how many will they need to remove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Still arithmetically possible for St Johnstone to finish 6th.
    Motherwell too

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    So if the capacity is 20,000 now, she also said that to build the new TV area will mean removing seats at the back of the stand, how many will they need to remove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Space to let