hibs.net Messageboard

Page 365 of 430 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,950 of 12885
    Ann Budge season 2018/19 targets in order of priority..

1. Open coffee shop in main stand.
    2. Buy another maroon tartan dress for next interview
    3. Ask supporters for more money
    4. Install new drainage system under pitch
    5. Introduce more youngsters into the first team regardless of ability
    6. Secure a top six finish and reach another QF

Plan!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ann Budge season 2018/19 targets in order of priority..

1. Open coffee shop in main stand.
    2. Buy another maroon tartan dress for next interview
    3. Ask supporters for more money
    4. Install new drainage system under pitch
    5. Introduce more youngsters into the first team regardless of ability
    6. Secure a top six finish and reach another QF

Plan!
    😂👍

Once they've laid their new pitch, how long will it be before it starts to show signs of rust?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilla Black View Post
    Once they've laid their new pitch, how long will it be before it starts to show signs of rust?
    It wouldn’t susrprise me if they are fielding all these youngsters, advising that their youth productivity is amazing so they can go running to the SFA first r even more handouts to help with the pitch.

The complete frothing from them about their academy, Celtic take all the best youngsters in this country, that is fact and even if Hearts do get one or two it’s not as if our national team is like Spain. One every wee while there will be quite decent one. I’m still convinced we have a much better young midfielder than Cochrane too, we just don’t have to blood him in regularly at that age because we have an actual midfield.

Out of interest, how did they manage to get Cochrane and Macdonald topped up from the SFA performance School when they aren’t from Edinburgh? And is there any Hibs players going To any of the schools assisted by them? Seems a bit like Potter is getting some of the perks of being a former employee?

I thought you were attempting a Haiku poem there.

Once they've laid their new
    pitch, how long will it be be-
    fore it starts to rust?
    Mmm. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by eh54 View Post
    two weeks ago. Jkb - hibs are on the brink of financial trouble which is why they have put sts on sale this early.

Now jkb - great statement anne budge the slaver
    ftfy

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 17SquirrelPower View Post
    There is more than financial reasons obviously but it is one reason why new and absent fans, including families are coming to ER this season. We’re attractive, generally.
    Obviously we are attractive we are Hibbies ! Good guys and much better looking than the cardigan and flares clad radges across the way. There was one Jambo at my old work who was quite tidy, but I think she played for the netball team..........

In all seriousness - £100 a season - thats a pie and a bovril every home game. Robbing Jambos, never change.

Is Jim Clydesdale growing the grass, and (Leicester City style) trimming a design into the grass?

He's not qualified to do either of these things as far as I know.

But when has that stopped him in the past....

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    To summarise;

We need more cash to finish the stand

We need YOUR money to lay a new pitch

We are half through our 3-phase stand construction which will be nearly 2 years in the making by the time it's finished

All deadlines are as tight as a ducks arse - expect delays and further letters asking for more money

Our youth products are being chucked in to games too soon because we have no cash to sign players
    In a nutshell mate...perfect summary

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CWG

Thanks for the insightful info.

Don't know how many pages this thread still has to run (pass the popcorn) but it would be useful to keep score on the expenditure although it will take years to tot it all up.

I take it the steelwork painting will come under 'Repairs and Maintenance' and not capital expenditure so it will take quite a sharp cookie to keep score of the eventual overall cost.

We certainly won't get the information in the form of an official statement, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Presses play.

"She's not charging them interest just now."

Presses stop.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    I did laugh out loud at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Is Jim Clydesdale growing the grass, and (Leicester City style) trimming a design into the grass?

He's not qualified to do either of these things as far as I know.

But when has that stopped him in the past....
    I thought Clydesdale had been “invited to leave” the greatest architectural wonder since The Great Pyramid of Cheops ?

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Budge buzzing about getting to a QF

Her writing style is absolutely horrific. Constantly putting "words" in inverted....commas...etc

Also seemed to acknowledge that some snow damage did happen.

This main stand will take longer to complete than Spurs new stadium!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    First QF since 2012 lol

I'm not really sure Ann Budge "gets it"

Big Team achievement that.

Imagine the party if they make it to Hampden!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    Budge buzzing about getting to a QF

Her writing style is absolutely horrific. Constantly putting "words" in inverted....commas...etc

Also seemed to acknowledge that some snow damage did happen.

This main stand will take longer to complete than Chelsea’s new stadium!

Ftfy

So much for having 'all' the finances in place for this single tiered thingy!! This latest statement has showed what an utter shambles it has been since raising that girder! The beLIEvers are totally deluded if they think 'allisbarry' down Tiny way with another 'gie iz your money' again plain and clear to see!!

Spend spend spend is what I say!!

First QF since 2012 lol

I'm not really sure Ann Budge "gets it"
    She gets it alright, it's the new natural order called a level playing field so 1 QF every 6 years is not bad by their new standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Please be assured that we will continue to invest in our various programmes and indeed in our supporting infrastructure …both physical and in people terms …at Riccarton.

I wonder what they are building at Riccarton?
    Oh yeah their infrastructure at Riccarton. I hadn't realised they had purchased those facilities, must have missed the big announcement. They are like someone who hires a Rolls Royce for a day and drives around asking everyone what they think of their new car. Truly a sad tiny team.

I popped over the road to see the reaction to the Budge statement. They never fail to amaze me, they are overjoyed, euphoric and beside themselves with love and admiration for all that the good doctor has done for them.

One of them admitted to crying tears of happiness when he read her 3rd form essay, he actually cried. Let that sink in...a grown man cried whilst reading a statement which explained painting rust on a new stand was normal.

A (nother) declared the quater final defeat to Motherwell as a great leap forward in their plans for bottom 6 domination.

It would appear that they have an anti critical filter on their forum, there is not a single dissenting voice, the rust, the toilets,(the men now use the womans toilets in the new stand and the women presumably sit cross legged) the lack of corporate facilities, the 16 year old laddies getting slaughtered every week, the altered time frame for project completion, the hybrid pitch not being a hybrid pitch anymore, it is just ignored as they give praise to her open and transparent policy of informing them that everything in the garden is rosey.

I found it disturbing in the same way I find Rangers fans forums disturbing, the complete lack of critical analysis and blind faith in the words uttered by their leaders regardless of the obvious failings of these leaders.

Creepy, fawning, cap doffing weirdos

Every day that passes sees Hearts become more and more like the shambolic entity that was Hibs a few years ago.

My biggest criticism of Hibs at that time was that all our ‘marketing’ was just about money, no ambition, no goals but just give us your money or else bad things might happen. That’s essentially what Budge says in her several paragraphs of waffle. Add to that a belief that everything will be better next year and a persistence with repeating the same mistakes again and again and you have a recipe for failure.

Hibs learned from it eventually and we are in a better place now; Hearts seem to be caught in the cycle of transition, January overhauls and expectation rapidly being revised downwards. It’s very enjoyable to watch.

The brass neck of folk on JKB who suggested our early ST sales, which isn’t any earlier than it has been for a decade, was a sign of impending doom now hailing Budge a genius and saviour for openly admitting they have to launch their campaign earlier than usual to manage cash flow is more than a little amusing.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    I like the idea of The Heritage Tour. Haymarket obviously, Gardner Crescent where the memorial moved to and then? Morrison St. The famous pub owned by record medal holder Gary Mc was near here. Distillery. Here's the site that gives our club that unique smell and may blow up at any minute.. Longstone bus depot. Where you can see loads of maroon buses. Saughton Park, em we've not told you about our plans yet... Then a free trip to the club museum. We now exhibit the calor gas fire that heated the JR Lounge, Mr Romanovs fax machine and the stair rod we are blaming for nearly killing Robbo. £50 a pop...

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    I popped over the road to see the reaction to the Budge statement. They never fail to amaze me, they are overjoyed, euphoric and beside themselves with love and admiration for all that the good doctor has done for them.

One of them admitted to crying tears of happiness when he read her 3rd form essay, he actually cried. Let that sink in...a grown man cried whilst reading a statement which explained painting rust on a new stand was normal.

A (nother) declared the quater final defeat to Motherwell as a great leap forward in their plans for bottom 6 domination.

It would appear that they have an anti critical filter on their forum, there is not a single dissenting voice, the rust, the toilets,(the men now use the womans toilets in the new stand and the women presumably sit cross legged) the lack of corporate facilities, the 16 year old laddies getting slaughtered every week, the altered time frame for project completion, the hybrid pitch not being a hybrid pitch anymore, it is just ignored as they give praise to her open and transparent policy of informing them that everything in the garden is rosey.

I found it disturbing in the same way I find Rangers fans forums disturbing, the complete lack of critical analysis and blind faith in the words uttered by their leaders regardless of the obvious failings of these leaders.

Creepy, fawning, cap doffing weirdos
    Taken in by the spin doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Every day that passes sees Hearts become more and more like the shambolic entity that was Hibs a few years ago.

My biggest criticism of Hibs at that time was that all our ‘marketing’ was just about money, no ambition, no goals but just give us your money or else bad things might happen. That’s essentially what Budge says in her several paragraphs of waffle. Add to that a belief that everything will be better next year and a persistence with repeating the same mistakes again and again and you have a recipe for failure.

Hibs learned from it eventually and we are in a better place now; Hearts seem to be caught in the cycle of transition, January overhauls and expectation rapidly being revised downwards. It’s very enjoyable to watch.

The brass neck of folk on JKB who suggested our early ST sales, which isn’t any earlier than it has been for a decade, was a sign of impending doom now hailing Budge a genius and saviour for openly admitting they have to launch their campaign earlier than usual to manage cash flow is more than a little amusing.
    Yeah thought this myself. They are the Hibs of a few years ago. Constant rebuilding, no real direction, more interested in off the field issues. I really dont think Queen Ann has much clue about the football side of things. There's something missing, the passion has gone, theres no connection with the team or management. All very pleasing.

Some(one) should really “proof” read these ...”statements” for her! Albeit snow damage. “Backing”! ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It’s very enjoyable to watch.
    That's a ****ing understatement PB

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by jakedance View Post
    Some(one) should really “proof” read these ...”statements” for her! Albeit snow damage. “Backing”! ...
    Translation No dates, no money. Carry on living in the rusty, leaking shed.

An interesting aside to the early plea for cash via early ST sales at Tynie.

We have a very generous 11 month interest free payment period with Zebra Finance. Not quite the same at Tynie. This, lifted straight from their marketing bumph.....

4) Spread the cost of your season ticket through Zebra Finance. Two plans are available: (i) Through a four-month interest free plan (a 4.5% admin fee applies, taken with your first payment), or (ii): through a ten-month interest bearing plan. Applications can only be filled out at https://www.eticketing.co.uk/heartof...n/default.aspx

Maybe I’m reading too much into it but does this tell us something about their credit situation (cant or won’t absorb the interest fully) or are they just extracting more cash from the poor old Gorgie followers?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Big Team achievement that.

Imagine the party if they make it to Hampden!

For a taster of their reactions, have a look at the half-time scenes from the last derby with the scarf-twirlers ecstatic at going in at 0-0 !

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    She gets it alright, it's the new natural order called a level playing field so 1 QF every 6 years is not bad by their new standards.
    We are still not on a level playing field. By my reckoning they've burnt through close to £15m of "additional" money over the past 5 years to get where they are today. Let's knock this "level playing field" myth on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    I like the idea of The Heritage Tour. Haymarket obviously, Gardner Crescent where the memorial moved to and then? Morrison St. The famous pub owned by record medal holder Gary Mc was near here. Distillery. Here's the site that gives our club that unique smell and may blow up at any minute.. Longstone bus depot. Where you can see loads of maroon buses. Saughton Park, em we've not told you about our plans yet... Then a free trip to the club museum. We now exhibit the calor gas fire that heated the JR Lounge, Mr Romanovs fax machine and the stair rod we are blaming for nearly killing Robbo. £50 a pop...
    How about a framed 1986 Double Winners tee-shirt and the infamous light bulb from the former stand? There are so many options:

A commemorate wall poster with all the creditors stuffed in Hearts’ insolvency event?

Waxworks of Wallace Mercer, Chris Robinson and Vladimir Romanov? Add in their celebrity fans, or rather celebrity fan: Ronnie Corbett?

A frayed and faded ‘22 in-a-row’ banner to remind them of the ‘good old days’?