hibs.net Messageboard

Page 357 of 430 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407 ... LastLast
Results 10,681 to 10,710 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only Hearts. They tried to do it in the cheap and they had to do it with such a big fanfare. What a bunch of clowns.

‘The Famous’ in a nutshell.

So much noise, so little substance.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Probably is as you suggest but I would hope its more.

My hope is that they have realised the stand design is badly flawed and they are going to have make major amendments to it to meet H & S requirements, cater for directors of both clubs etc and also to give the press decent facilities.

If it is these things they are going to have to cut into the rusting steel to add further vomitoriums and have a major internal rethink.

It would be too funny if this was the case and the capacity of the new was no much bigger than old, cost them several more millions to fix and still looked like a rusting hovel and the price of their initial cheapness was that theirnew Corporate facilities which were supposed to bring in upwards of £1m pa no longer existed

I have absolutely no inside information but even build quality apart that new stand is nowhere near fit for purpose and I can see it costing plenty to try and resolve.
    Whether or not there prove to be design flaws, yesterday's defeat means there won't be any need to worry about the capacity of the stadium for the rest of the season. The attendances will still be given as upwards of 14k due to the season ticket numbers but Tynecastle is unlikely to be more than half full when it comes to actual attendees.

Hard to see where the cash is coming from to fund what remains to be done with the stand (and it sounds like there's a lot), let alone finance summer signings. Even the yams aren't going to rush to snap up season tickets on the back of another lacklustre campaign.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Whether or not there prove to be design flaws, yesterday's defeat means there won't be any need to worry about the capacity of the stadium for the rest of the season. The attendances will still be given as upwards of 14k due to the season ticket numbers but Tynecastle is unlikely to be more than half full when it comes to actual attendees.

Hard to see where the cash is coming from to fund what remains to be done with the stand (and it sounds like there's a lot), let alone finance summer signings. Even the yams aren't going to rush to snap up season tickets on the back of another lacklustre campaign.

Maybe they should shut the new stand for a few months to make it easier to do the remaining works?

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    The deal on the nursery was negotiated by a Hibby.
    Which helps explain why Ann Budge was in the press talking about how it's the no1 priority for her now etc
    Good to see a contractual obligation that has been well-negotiated and that can be used to hold Hearts feet to the flames for once.
    Good job whoever this was

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Which helps explain why Ann Budge was in the press talking about how it's the no1 priority for her now etc
    Good to see a contractual obligation that has been well-negotiated and that can be used to hold Hearts feet to the flames for once.
    Good job whoever this was
    Can you please remind me, without reading back, why the nursery needs to be completed by June, and the costs involved

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Can you please remind me, without reading back, why the nursery needs to be completed by June, and the costs involved
    According to Ann Budge herself, here's why it's a priority - Budge being quoted in the press this past weekend:

After a crazy couple of months Budge called a halt to work in January to take stock of the situation.
    Now her main goal is to complete the building of a new Tynecastle nursery behind the stand, a contractual obligation of the redevelopment, as well as a new club shop.

“The key thing is we must get the nursery open, that’s a contractual commitment.

“We need to hand that over to the council in June, so that’s my number one priority".

And as for the costs - here's the Council report :

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/download...castle_nursery

Careful now, as you'll see reference in the early paragraphs to Hearts "raising capacity of the football stadium to over 20,000" hahaha

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    According to Ann Budge herself, here's why it's a priority - Budge being quoted in the press this past weekend:

After a crazy couple of months Budge called a halt to work in January to take stock of the situation.
    Now her main goal is to complete the building of a new Tynecastle nursery behind the stand, a contractual obligation of the redevelopment, as well as a new club shop.

“The key thing is we must get the nursery open, that’s a contractual commitment.

“We need to hand that over to the council in June, so that’s my number one priority".

Careful now, as you'll see reference in the early paragraphs to Hearts "raising capacity of the football stadium to over 20,000" hahaha
    My guess is that getting the club shop up and running is more important and the nursery is just the bi-product of building the shop hence, mentioning the contractual commitment. She needs finance and what easier way to get than to fleece the hordes. Oh I loves it!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    They really are a shambles. Signing and paying a fortune for players like laugherty and Naeskill but cant afford to put doors and walls up in their new stand. They really do have serious delusions of grandeur.
    There are plenty people on here who wanted Hibs to take the same approach i.e. chuck money at the team and leave the stadium till an unspecified future date.

Fortunately, our board took the difficult decisions at the right time and we're reaping the benefits now, big time.

Hearts will struggle for some time, but they're cushioned by the donations.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    A look at the sumptuous interior of the new stand hospitality. Very Hearts - bland and characterless.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    A look at the sumptuous interior of the new stand hospitality. Very Hearts - bland and characterless.
    Health warning - best viewed with muted sound.

That lounge could be anywhere. Just a hotel function room. Unbelievable they made it with no views of the pitch.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    That’s embarrassing in terms of the money spent in the project.

Stopping work on the stand to 'take stock' is clearly Budge speak for ...... A ) we are beginning to realise what a car crash the design is ... and B ) we have run out of money.

When you look at the list of stuff we already know about it really makes you wonder what other fundamental flaws they have come across which it will take time and money to rectify .... as it stands:

The police box which still needs to be removed ... at what cost?
    Badly positioned press area.
    A badly positioned directors box which shares an exit with the plebs ... is there another club in the country of their size who would take that chance?
    Badly designed toilets which only allow about 3 folk at a time at the urinals.
    A lack of turnstiles at the away end causing health & safety issues.
    A posh lounge with no pitch view and nothing like the external views they promised.
    No room anywhere in the stadium for a TV studio which wont compromise views or lose valuable seats.
    Rust problems due to use of cheap materials.
    The stand roof is already leaking .. according to one Yam on Sickbag.

Given that list what other problems have they come across with the first and second floors? I wouldn't be surprised if the escalators have been installed upside down .... besides that, if they are anything like the ones in my local supermarket they will continually break down, they must cost a fortune to maintain.

I cant help thinking there's a hell of a lot of comedy mileage left in this thread yet
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 05-03-2018 at 12:10 PM.

This is 'fake news' ... I could clearly see breeze blocks Watching them go through the vomitorium into the stand reminded me of the East Stand at ER. Bloody poor effort for a main stand .. everything about it looks cheap ... if that's their 'hospitality' it doesn't look any better than the 20 years old BTG.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Stopping work on the stand to 'take stock' is clearly Budge speak for ...... A ) we are beginning to realise what a car crash the design is ... and B ) we have run out of money.

When you look at the list of stuff we already know about it really makes you wonder what other fundamental flaws they have come across which it will take time and money to rectify .... as it stands:

A badly positioned directors box which shares an exit with the plebs ... is there another club in the country of their size who would take that chance?
    The board room at ground floor level with windows facing the street ... as Rod Petrie will tell you, that's mental, possibly dangerous
    A posh lounge with no pitch view and nothing like the external views they promised.
    No room anywhere in the stadium for a TV studio which wont compromise views or lose valuable seats.

Given that list what other problems have they come across with the first and second floors? I wouldn't be surprised if the escalators have been installed upside down .... besides that, if they are anything like the ones in my local supermarket they will continually break down, they must cost a fortune to maintain.

I cant help thinking there's a hell of a lot of comedy mileage left in this thread yet
    If only they’d appointed a proper architect instead of CIOB member Jim Clydesdale.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.
    Absolutely loving Budgies woeful attempts at turd polishing.
    Make no mistake, this new stand shambles will be a millstone for some time to come.

100 times better than it was against us in December.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    I just spent 10 minutes wondering why they had a big picture of Scott Brown in a Celtic Shirt on the wall...finally had to freeze frame it to realise it was a telly ! DOH!

Imaginative use of magnolia paint inside their new suites. Very daring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

Your just jealous of the Piazza.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    If you notice on this video they’ve solved the problem of water ingress into the press area, they’ve put wee Perspex rain hoods on every press desk. So the jouros must be happy noo, nae water on their MacBooks but they themselves will still get wet 👍🏻

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Health warning - best viewed with muted sound.
    If you mute the sound you'll miss the boy right at the end saying "for ****'s sake this is ****ing awesome man". It's probably an official club video, is it?

Thought the coat hanger rail was a nice decorative touch

Testimonial Due
    Anyone know what Arlene Foster - leader of the DUP - was doing around the 3 min mark?

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    Anyone know what Arlene Foster - leader of the DUP - was doing around the 3 min mark?
    Not sure what she /he was doing there.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    Warm up man for a hearty rendition of their Billy boys anthem?

Bingo caller?

A wee presentation on effective use of the UK taxpayers money on environmental fuel schemes?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Basically that looks like directors and officials of visiting teams get caught up in a queue with home fans waiting to take their seats.

Imagine Lennon got sent to the stand (unthinkable I know ) or some other fans favourite down that way.

Was it just me or did anyone else notice the complete silence and lack of atmosphere around the whole ' hospitality' area.

I've been at more atmospheric funerals at Mortonhall.

As has been mentioned on here many times, they have got problems.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Basically that looks like directors and officials of visiting teams get caught up in a queue with home fans waiting to take their seats.

Imagine Lennon got sent to the stand (unthinkable I know ) or some other fans favourite down that way.
    Might actually happen if Neil gets a ban which covers the game at Tynecastle after the split. That is a recipe for disaster not just in respect to Neil but other teams directors etc.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Just looking at the video thought it looked good pretty similar to the Hibs hospitality though would have been better with a view of the pitch. Certainly a a huge improvement on the stand that was there.

@hibs.net private member PeeKay's Avatar

They also say "The redevelopment would raise the stadium to UEFA standards, enabling it to host European games". Total fiction given as fact in an official CEC report. What else have they just made up?