hibs.net Messageboard

Page 352 of 430 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402 ... LastLast
Results 10,531 to 10,560 of 12885
    3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    I see those time travellers can not only pass a lie detector test, but have definitive proof in the form of photographs from their past, 2020.
    Tynecastle
    RustCastle2020.jpg

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I hope none of their fans are killed or seriously injured as a result of their complacency. Two slightly different things.

If we're playing the putting words into someone else's mouth game though, maybe you'd rather they were... That would sure teach Budge and her Council cronies a lesson, eh?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I think what he's saying is that he hopes nobody gets hurt? Which I would agree with.
    I too hope that there are no fatalties should there be an incident in their new stand.

However, if there are they would be frontrunners for this years Darwin awards.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Ditto - asides from their 30+ years of 'Other People's Money' it's often overlooked the part ECC have played in the Jambos 'Big team' fantasy !. Whilst purposely denying a major revenue-stream (Lochend Butterfly) for Hibs, ECC have bent over backwards to accomodate a club that's basically shafted everyone (local businesse's/employess) that's had any dealings with it !. Even currently there's questions over their safety-certificate, the nursery, land being built on they don't yet own etc, etc. I know when it comes to dealings between them and the ECC that most Hibees just treat it with scorn and ridicule and Jambos like to call us 'Jealous' but personally I think it's well past time that there should be an official investigation/complaint into the undoubtable favouring of one club over another by ECC !. We have to do everything (and have done) by the book but they don't seem to be held to the same stringent standards - and that results in them (once again) benefitting financially over us !. After 30+ years I'm enjoying the 'Level Playing-Field' immensely and I don't want the ECC (the people who take money from me !) stopping that !

Can only add re their sheer brass neck when it comes to one of their "special relationships" with the Macraes Batallion Trust and the Lady Haig Poppy Fund, both listed on their very own creditors list. Shameless doesn't begin to describe the post Wallace Mercer Hearts era.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

Can only add re their sheer brass neck when it comes to one of their "special relationships" with the Macraes Batallion Trust and the Lady Haig Poppy Fund, both listed on their very own creditors list. Shameless doesn't begin to describe the post Wallace Mercer Hearts era.
    Wallace Mercer left Hearts with c.£5M debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Sorry? Meant including the Wallace Mercer era. He was doing everything with other people's money including the failed takeover of Hibs!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Sorry? Meant including the Wallace Mercer era. He was doing everything with other people's money including the failed takeover of Hibs!
    Misunderstanding them, bud. You said "the post Wallace Mercer Hearts" whereas the current style of not paying debts and living from other peoples dosh started with him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Sorry if I’ve missed anything but is this rust problem likely to cause any significant safety hazard or is it more likely to just be superficial damage?

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Sorry if I’ve missed anything but is this rust problem likely to cause any significant safety hazard or is it more likely to just be superficial damage?
    Likely to just be cosmetic, providing they work out a solution to it, but it looks bloody awful but somehow fits in with the aesthetic of the rest of the stadium...

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Likely to just be cosmetic, providing they work out a solution to it, but it looks bloody awful but somehow fits in with the aesthetic of the rest of the stadium...
    Doesn’t look cosmetic to me. In the picture with the FOH sticker some of the corrosion looks pretty deep already.

There is also no ‘solution’ to corrosion that has already happened barring sanding / grinding it out...you can’t just slap some paint on it and think it will stop because it won’t.

Considering this steel makes up their whole seating deck I’m very doubtful that it’s been designed to rust in this way like some external cladding is.

Misunderstanding them, bud. You said "the post Wallace Mercer Hearts" whereas the current style of not paying debts and living from other peoples dosh started with him.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Doesn’t look cosmetic to me. In the picture with the FOH sticker some of the corrosion looks pretty deep already.

There is also no ‘solution’ to corrosion that has already happened barring sanding / grinding it out...you can’t just slap some paint on it and think it will stop because it won’t.

Considering this steel makes up their whole seating deck I’m very doubtful that it’s been designed to rust in this way like some external cladding is.
    ... The worst bit is the line running along behind the Perspex panel, it's actually starting to flake and go a bit deeper than just surface rust. One of the engineers at work was looking at it and was a bit surprised, "that's a design flaw"... Apparently you shouldn't have the Perspex hard up against the steel when there's an exposed join at the top, it allows water to get in behind the perspex and keeps it there!

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    ... The worst bit is the line running along behind the Perspex panel, it's actually starting to flake and go a bit deeper than just surface rust. One of the engineers at work was looking at it and was a bit surprised, "that's a design flaw"... Apparently you shouldn't have the Perspex hard up against the steel when there's an exposed join at the top, it allows water to get in behind the perspex and keeps it there!
    A design flaw? At tinycastle? Shirley not.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    A design flaw? At tinycastle? Shirley not.
    Nae chance, it's unique, historic and atmospheric. No other club will ever have perspex abutting the rusting steel in their shiny new one tier stand.

Gaze in wonder.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Greenfly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post

It's not a perspex panel. It's a perspex curtain ... The words are very important to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenfly View Post
    It's not a perspex panel. It's a perspex curtain ... The words are very important to them.
    And it's the biggest

Ok it's the only one

But it's the biggest ok

Auld Rusty supports them with pride

Left by mutual consent!

That debt was all part of their 'Other Peole's Money' business-plan - if you look through their history, their debt - Mercer onwards - just increased season-after-season. As you say, they were £5m in debt when Robinson took them over (approx 1994) but when he left some 10-11 years later, that debt had magnified to £20+m !. All that debt was just so that they play at being the 'Big team' - in Edinburgh !. There was never any serious chance of the 'Charity Thieves FC' repaying that money - neither was there any serious inclination to repay it !. By the time Romanov came along, many at the PBS had adopted the 'Might as well get hung for a sheep as a lamb' attitude and just crossed their fingers - and being the 'Establishment club', it worked and they got away with it !
    Last edited by Deansy; 26-02-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    That debt was all part of their 'Other Peole's Money' business-plan - if you look through their history, their debt - Mercer onwards - just increased season-after-season. As you say, they were £5m in debt when Robinson took them over (approx 1994) but when he left some 10-11 years later, that debt had magnified to £20+m !. All that debt was just so that they play at being the 'Big team' - in Edinburgh !. There was never any serious chance of the 'Charity Thieves FC' repaying that money - neither was there any serious inclination to repay it !. By the time Romanov came along, many at the PBS had adopted the 'Might as well get hung for a sheep as a lamb' attitude and crossed their fingers - and being the 'Establishment club', it worked and they got away with it !
    They ended Vlad period £70 mill in debt. £30 mill plus £40 mill that was forgiven by UBIG but not paid back to the parent bank or converted to worfless shares. i will write the full story one day.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    They ended Vlad period £70 mill in debt. £30 mill plus £40 mill that was forgiven by UBIG but not paid back to the parent bank or converted to worfless shares. i will write the full story one day.
    And the film after the book!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenfly View Post
    Perspex is a 'soft' material and scratches very easily. A couple of months down the line you will see nothing through it.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Perspex is a 'soft' material and scratches very easily. A couple of months down the line you will see nothing through it.
    So similar to the corporate hospitality side then. Unable to see what's actually on the pitch.

Another rare offering from the maroon balloons.

Sir Matt Busby

So similar to the corporate hospitality side then. Unable to see what's actually on the pitch.

Another rare offering from the maroon balloons.

In marketing terms, not being able to see what's happening on/above the pitch at the PBS is a positive.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    In marketing terms, not being able to see what's happening on/above the pitch at the PBS is a positive.
    Agree.

Especially when the school view lounge offers the chance to look at the very latest in educational establishment design, roof tiles and the sky.

The rest of us can only dream.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

Ah but on the flip side, they have a wonderful view of the castle.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Not with their heads in the clouds... as they generally are

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Aye...the Tin Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Aye...the Tin Castle.
    Is that similar to the Rus Tin Castle?

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Spurs must have been consulting with the Edinburgh big team on ground reconstruction.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43210300

Maybe Budge doing a bit of consultancy work.

Hope the Press chavvies are wrapped up warm tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Spurs must have been consulting with the Edinburgh big team on ground reconstruction.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43210300

Maybe Budge doing a bit of consultancy work.
    Read that earlier, I wondered if Spurs were doing the big team thing and going for building in some early on set rust as part of their stadium design to give it a bit of character?

Sir Matt Busby