hibs.net Messageboard

Page 350 of 430 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360400 ... LastLast
Results 10,471 to 10,500 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by 0762 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Must have cost a fortune to get all those little brown speckles on the steel.

All in a day's work for Craig Levein.....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Just to be clear that is the metal seating deck that’s rusting?

The same seating deck that they have used in the majority of he stand instead of pre cast concrete sections...

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Not bad for someone who actually works in their ticket office eh...😉😉😉

They’ve got prodigious talent running right through the club right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Just to be clear that is the metal seating deck that’s rusting?

The same seating deck that they have used in the majority of he stand instead of pre cast concrete sections...
    Yes. It's really, really modern. It's rusty but modern.

@hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Away doon in Gorgie
    On the dark side of toun
    There's a rusty bus shelter
    That's painted maroon
    It smells like a toilet and the rats are a plague
    And the whole thing was paid for by the good Lady Haig

T-H-I---E-V-E-S and if you cannae spell it then here's what it says

THIEVES THIEVES scoundrels and thieves
    They've stole from the half of the toun
    Their fans are a blight and the fitba team's *****
    And the whole thing will surely fall doon

This is their story, this is their song
    No matter what Hearts do, they'll still do it wrong
    Their sister's their aunty and their brother's a thief
    And will always be mastered by the boys from down Leith

Brilliant, I hope to hear this from Australia at the next derby
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Yes. It's really, really modern. It's rusty but modern.
    Wow that’s concerning (for them!). A wee zoom on the picture shows it’s more than just minor oxidation...looks like it has corroded quite badly already in a few areas.

There was always some doubt about the scale of use of that decking, now we see why! What a rust hole

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    I used to have a Ford Cortina with a paint job like that.
    I assume you touched up the bad bits and sold it on.

Imagine if you couldn't do that and just had to sit and watch it corrode into a big heap.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    I assume you touched up the bad bits and sold it on.

Imagine if you couldn't do that and just had to sit and watch it corrode into a big heap.

On the positive side I didn't have to pay extra to sit in the faded plastic drivers seat I'd already paid for and the view through the windscreen was completely unrestricted.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Nothing to see here ...

That's quite embarrassing, given its only been operating a few months.

Even assuming it's structurally sound, how the hell is that seating deck going to look in 15 years (i.e. when it's the age of our main stand) ?

Shambles, but funny 😁😁

I had a wee peep over at RustBack to see what the reaction of the believers was to this very real structural issue. I saw myself re quoted and mercilessly mocked for my sad addiction to their new stand adventures but what struck me most was the lack of critical analysis, they are treating this as an expected occurance and something that can be fixed with a quick lick of paint. Not one of them see this as a long term problem or a financial disaster. Tomato, the site volunteer labourer, has whipped them all into line and the herd happily accept that rust is an essential ingredient in new stand design. One of them suggests that rust has been around since steel was discovered and rust is a part of steel and without rust steel would be wood or something to that effect. Its comedy at its finest. Hopefully I get another Craig Levein pic and a lesson on natural order for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    I had a wee peep over at RustBack to see what the reaction of the believers was to this very real structural issue. I saw myself re quoted and mercilessly mocked for my sad addiction to their new stand adventures but what struck me most was the lack of critical analysis, they are treating this as an expected occurance and something that can be fixed with a quick lick of paint. Not one of them see this as a long term problem or a financial disaster. Tomato, the site volunteer labourer, has whipped them all into line and the herd happily accept that rust is an essential ingredient in new stand design. One of them suggests that rust has been around since steel was discovered and rust is a part of steel and without rust steel would be wood or something to that effect. Its comedy at its finest. Hopefully I get another Craig Levein pic and a lesson on natural order for posting this.
    Deary me.

It's not even as if rusting is part of the natural order any more. Mankind has long ago invented solutions and prevention but the problem is you have to decide to use treated steelwork and pay for it.

Long may the village be full of idiots who think and accept as they do / the tomato tells them.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

State eh that stand awready

Tramps.

Good forward planning though, if the rusting continues at the present rate they will be able to name it the Billy Brown stand by the end of the season.

Sir Matt Busby

What do you expect mate? It's the best stand ever, ever and we're all just jealous vermin - jealous even of the rusty bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    What do you expect mate? It's the best stand ever, ever and we're all just jealous vermin - jealous even of the rusty bits.
    https://www.steelconstruction.info/Corrosion_protection
    Knock yourselves out......

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Just rename the place The Rusty Sheriffs Badge and be done with it.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KerPlunk View Post
    I didn't need to read any further than the first couple of paragraphs. All was explained when I saw a reference to "a corrosive environment".

To to be honest, I've never seen Tynecastle spelt that way.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Nothing to see here ...

It's OK, that will effectively create an anti-slip coating to stop Hearts fans taking a nose-dive down the stairs
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Blog Entries
    I lifted this sentence from the Steelspotting guide kindly provided above!

Conversely, a steel structure exposed to an aggressive environment needs to be protected with a high performance treatment and may need to be designed with maintenance in mind if extended life is required.

Well thank goodness Edinburgh is situated in a warm, calm climate & not subject to snow, rain & winds that would scare a polar bear! I see it's a balmy 6 degs today & may limp above freezing for most of next week. The stand & thread that keeps giving!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    My car is made of steel. If after a couple of months it looked anything like that absolute midden of an erection, I would send it back. Steel only rusts if it’s exposed to the elements. Building it with bare steel is the reason the stand is rusting. It’s yet more evidence of cutting corners.

United we stand here....

Interesting read, however I think I am probably going to wait for Ladybird to Publish Thomaso Builds a Stadium - an easy guide to defective erections. The definitive publication.

Should probably be out for Xmas.

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Not bad for someone who actually works in their ticket office eh...😉😉😉
    I'd be more inclined to think that he works in their PR dept. He's got an answer for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    According to Thomato heid these snagging things are to be expected ;

"The new main stand was a huge and complex construction which presented many design and logistical challenges."
    Really, no, it wasn't complex at all

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Interesting read, however I think I am probably going to wait for Ladybird to Publish Thomaso Builds a Stadium - an easy guide to defective erections. The definitive publication.

Should probably be out for Xmas.
    That might just describe that to@@ers sex life

Left by mutual consent!
    Any sign of allisbarry taking a look at this story?

Thought not.

I think what they have done here is order some Cor-Ten steel (https://www.kloecknermetalsuk.com/products/corten/)which is all the rage (or radge?) around the planet in architectural circles, but the really really clever part of this, which has saved them a lot of money and time, is that they are putting it through the weathering process themselves, so it will rust in-situ, in effect it is self rusting steel.

Pure construction genius

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Really, no, it wasn't complex at all
    In an ideal, planned scenario you are spot on.
    I suspect that they effed it up for 3 main basic errors .......
    1. Timescales not realistically analysed.
    2. Open ended/unfinalised brief re. Internal layouts - the chickens are now coming home to roost on that, it would appear.
    3. James Clydesdale was way, way out of his depth, hence his being binned.

(Also seat fiasco and their woeful attempts to do the PM.......)

Left by mutual consent!
    Here's a letter which appeared in the Scotsman last year which warned against the perils of a rush job.

Stand and deliver

• The Scotsman
    • 21 Nov 2017

I have observed from afar, and with increasing bemusement, the saga of Heart of Midlothian’s new main stand.With delay following delay and an undignified dash having taken place to gain a temporary safety certificate, I have found The Scotsman’s coverage of the affair to be rather lacking in objectivity. Hearts, in my view, have botched this project by setting wholly unrealistic timescales and instead of the grand opening one might expect for a new stand we have had a rather amateurish 11th hour debut. The tone of Scotsman coverage, however, seems largely to be that of lauding a great battle against the odds rather than voicing criticism of a situation which, it should be recalled, was apparently compounded by the club forgetting to order the seats! As somebody whose late husband worked on the reconstruction of Celtic Park, I can’t help but wonder why Hearts didn’t try to negotiate a season long deal at Murrayfield in a similar way Celtic decamped to Hampden and thus allow the construction project to be carried out at a more realistic pace.The willingness of Edinburgh City Council to extend such close assistance to Hearts on this will not sit well with Hibernian supporters who recall the council’s unhelpful approach when Sir Tom Farmer was attempting to secure the Lochend Butterfly land to assist with the club’s stadium development. Nor will many have forgotten how Hibs’ request to host their opening match away from home as their own main stand neared completion was rewarded by a home game to open the season! ( DR) ANGELA BURNETT

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Here's a letter which appeared in the Scotsman last year which warned against the perils of a rush job.

Stand and deliver

• The Scotsman
    • 21 Nov 2017

I have observed from afar, and with increasing bemusement, the saga of Heart of Midlothian’s new main stand.With delay following delay and an undignified dash having taken place to gain a temporary safety certificate, I have found The Scotsman’s coverage of the affair to be rather lacking in objectivity. Hearts, in my view, have botched this project by setting wholly unrealistic timescales and instead of the grand opening one might expect for a new stand we have had a rather amateurish 11th hour debut. The tone of Scotsman coverage, however, seems largely to be that of lauding a great battle against the odds rather than voicing criticism of a situation which, it should be recalled, was apparently compounded by the club forgetting to order the seats! As somebody whose late husband worked on the reconstruction of Celtic Park, I can’t help but wonder why Hearts didn’t try to negotiate a season long deal at Murrayfield in a similar way Celtic decamped to Hampden and thus allow the construction project to be carried out at a more realistic pace.The willingness of Edinburgh City Council to extend such close assistance to Hearts on this will not sit well with Hibernian supporters who recall the council’s unhelpful approach when Sir Tom Farmer was attempting to secure the Lochend Butterfly land to assist with the club’s stadium development. Nor will many have forgotten how Hibs’ request to host their opening match away from home as their own main stand neared completion was rewarded by a home game to open the season! ( DR) ANGELA BURNETT
    The reason for the hootsmans silence is obvious.

The only real answer to such a well thought out and far sighted letter in view of the many many botch ups culminating in Rustgate is ...........................................Hobo.

Sir Matt Busby

In an ideal, planned scenario you are spot on.
    I suspect that they effed it up for 3 main basic errors .......
    1. Timescales not realistically analysed.
    2. Open ended/unfinalised brief re. Internal layouts - the chickens are now coming home to roost on that, it would appear.
    3. James Clydesdale was way, way out of his depth, hence his being binned.

(Also seat fiasco and their woeful attempts to do the PM.......)
    I still liken it to one of those watch through the fingers bad early episodes of Grand Design where the house developer is so up their own backside and full of their own self importance that they dont feel the need to employ professional people to design and build their new tasteless house, usually with the kind of "I am an experienced high flying person in the complex and modern world of IT, how hard can it be to build a house, I will apply all of my management skills to this and save money and time..."

Basically their arrogance and hubris are the big issue here