Page 346 of 430 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356396 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,380 of 12885
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Metalwork rusting?

FFS it’s only been up about a month!
    Keep calm, it's all easily dealt with according to Thomaso:

"Looks to me that in the rush to get this metalwork installed, it has not been properly galvanised or pre-coated. At this stage I think it is a relatively simple exercise to rub down and paint with a rust inhibitor coating."

How much of the metalwork are we talking about here?! If it's the the whole lot that was installed to hold the seats in place then 'pre-coating and galvanising' it doesn't sound like such a 'simple exercise' to me...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post

"Looks to me that in the rush to get this metalwork installed, it has not been properly galvanised or pre-coated. At this stage I think it is a relatively simple exercise to rub down and paint with a rust inhibitor coating."

How much of the metalwork are we talking about here?! If it's the the whole lot that was installed to hold the seats in place then 'pre-coating and galvanising' it doesn't sound like such a 'simple exercise' to me...
    It's wide spread. Remember they ordered the seats and the fittings themselves to their own specification so no contractor will be picking up the bill for this shambles. No compo or retention withheld.

They owe it to themselves
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 20-02-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Lick o' paint and the whole thing will be fine

Exactly!

You're all just jealous Hobos and you wish you had a stand as grand as they have at the Wongadome

You wouldn't galvanise or pre-coat on-site so this has been delivered as ordered by the architect or quantity surveyor.

As for "a relatively simple exercise to rub down and paint with a rust inhibitor coating" , that's what they said when they built the first Forth Bridge.

@hibs.net private member
    Is the distressed, rusty look not fashionable just now? Look at the old Jocks Lodge. Obviously they are trend setters as well.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

The one thing Tomato isn't is a structural engineer. I've just ran this scenario by one who is having a right chuckle to himself. He wonders why they didn't buy galvanised pre treated steel. Cost saving is the only professional explanation.

Alternatively tomato is a structural engineer or similar and is the very bad one who is in charge of oversight at the Rustbowl.

Got to hope they just paint it.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

I guess it’s a relatively simple process to move the police box after building the new stand around the existing one?

FFS what a shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    You wouldn't galvanise or pre-coat on-site so this has been delivered as ordered by the architect or quantity surveyor.

As for "a relatively simple exercise to rub down and paint with a rust inhibitor coating" , that's what they said when they built the first Forth Bridge.
    From the looks of the photo, if it is similar over the whole stand (I don't see why it won't be the same finish on the steel work elsewhere) I'd imagine they'll have to take the seats off in order to complete the task. That could mean taking every seat in the stand out. Not exactly a "relatively simple task," especially when every fixing and surface will need done also.

It would be interesting to see who is liable for rectifying it, potentially a massive amount of labour involved. If there has been an installation error then the contractor will be liable, if it has been ordered wrongly then whoever did the purchasing will be liable, if it was specified incorrectly then whoever made the specification will be liable. Could be some interesting discussions amongst the project team sorting that out.

Wee Budgie has What'sApp'd Ian Black to see if he can nip over for a bit of o/time............

It's beginning to look like they should have built the stand that Vlad drew up and sent to the council in the pile of cardboard boxes.

Even if it was only a trick with smoke and mirrors for the believers it couldn't have worked out any worse surely.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Could be wrong but I think there's been a fancy paint used on the FRB for a couple years now, so that the whole thing doesn't need to be continuously painted. If so, there might be a few guys kicking their heels just now who know how to paint the same metal structure over and over again. If so, this'll be in the EEN and wider MSM as excellent planning by The Queen to be able to take advantage of that particular labour market.

According to Thomato heid these snagging things are to be expected ;

"The new main stand was a huge and complex construction which presented many design and logistical challenges."

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post

"The new main stand was a huge and complex construction which presented many design and logistical challenges."
    Because it's never been done properly in half the time at half the cost before? What a bellend, surely they can't be regarding this as the fountain of knowledge on how a stand should be built.

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post

What does he mean "was" - it's still unfinished and the cracks/rust are showing already.

Let's hope the Hearts aren't too successful or they could literally "bring the house down".

Should be safe enough I reckon.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Hardies, the contract managers for the Budge Folly, have been very quiet of late.

http://www.hardies.co.uk/news/hearts...to-order-seats

In fact they've not mentioned the erection in their company blog since August. I'd guess they don't want to be seen to be associated with this project any more.

Only thing I can think of is a brush on galvanising paint called Zinga, but you'd need to dismantle loads of fittings etc and get into all the nooks and crannies to do a half decent job.

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post
    Only thing I can think of is a brush on galvanising paint called Zinga, but you'd need to dismantle loads of fittings etc and get into all the nooks and crannies to do a half decent job.
    There is a product called galvafroid, but as you say it’s only meant for touching up. For them to stop the corrosion they would have to remove all fixings from it and paint it....which you would never do on site.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Is that ‘half decent’ as in half finished? Sounds just the job.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Could they not bus over a load or two of Lithuanian pensioners to help? They'll have plenty of time on their hands, especially being without any money to spend on leisure activities.

This is wonderful news for those of us who became hopelessly addicted to this thread during last summer.
    The Spiers revelation that the inside resembles Coventry during The Blitz brought a nostalgic tear to my eye but this was trumped by the beautiful picture of the rusty metalwork.
    As Neil Young once sang, Rust Never Sleeps, and the prospect of next seasons transfer budget being spent on a massive paint job provides us with yet another chapter in this never ending comedy of errors.
    I take my hat off to Queen Anne, she has given us more ammunition in the last two years than Vlad gave us in his entire time in Gorgie.

First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Green View Post
    There is a product called galvafroid, but as you say it’s only meant for touching up. For them to stop the corrosion they would have to remove all fixings from it and paint it....which you would never do on site.
    surely nuts and bolts need to be galvanised also

The fact that they have had to sack the architect tell you that something serious has gone wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    The fact that they have had to sack the architect tell you that something serious has gone wrong.

They used a real architect?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Surely to god Hearts are not going to be left footing the bill to sort rust? The supplier of the steel, wether done by themselves or ordered by the contractor they in no way would be liable to extra costs? Maybe just inconveinience.

It has been quiet from them since it opend. I assume the certificate of saftey is all done and dusted now yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Surely to god Hearts are not going to be left footing the bill to sort rust? The supplier of the steel, wether done by themselves or ordered by the contractor they in no way would be liable to extra costs? Maybe just inconveinience.

It has been quiet from them since it opend. I assume the certificate of saftey is all done and dusted now yeah?
    Depends on who was responsible for ordering the steel and what type was specified. They didn’t have a main contractor so it’s possible, like the seats, they ordered it themselves. Even if it was supplied by a contractor, it’s possible that that is the type of steel specified by the club. In that case it can hardly be blamed on the contractor.

Depends on who was responsible for ordering the steel and what type was specified. They didn’t have a main contractor so it’s possible, like the seats, they ordered it themselves. Even if it was supplied by a contractor, it’s possible that that is the type of steel specified by the club. In that case it can hardly be blamed on the contractor.

The metalurgists over on boakback are laughing at some guy who mentioned "inferior steel". They seem to think all steel is the same ignoring the fact that steel is a combination of minerals and the manufacturing process all combine to produce steels of various grades and qualities. Apparently you are just a v****n Hobo troll if you think Jambo steel is not world class even if it is rusty.

Not beyond the realms of possibility that the steel contractor told Annie and the Gang that the steel needed treating, but were told that it had to be installed right away, no further delays allowed, due to their ridiculous original timescale. If so, the club would be responsible.

To be fair, at least they remembered to order the steel.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk