hibs.net Messageboard

Page 334 of 430 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344384 ... LastLast
Results 9,991 to 10,020 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Given that they sold out almost instantly,the demand was obviously there. There would have been chaos if people discovered that Hibs decided not to sell 600 seats, albeit with restricted views.
    Agree totally Hearts have put Hibs in a pretty crap position with this nonsense. It is something that shouldnt be forgotten.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Budge is a ****in cretin.

Budge is a self-centred old cow. She’s doing everything to upset us for the derby. She actually thinks she is some sort of queen as well. Time someone bought her a new outfit the tramp that she is.

Imagine the seethe if they lose both games or draw one and lose the cup game. Her house will come crashing down around her.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    It Hibs had to have the option of restricting some seats views at ER (no matter who was to blame)I’d hope they would do it to away fans. Makes sense to me.
    Last edited by greenlex; 20-12-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    It Hibs had to have the option of restricting some seats views at ER (no matter who was to blame)I’d hope they would do it to away fans. Makes sense to me.
    Quite this. Of course our stadium isn't a joke so this won't happen but in principle I'm not at all surprised with what Budgie has done.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Quite this. Of course our stadium isn't a joke so this won't happen but in principle I'm not at all surprised with what Budgie has done.
    Tend to agree, the idiots will be chuffed at this and it's quite a distraction from how much she's actually cocked up and smokescreened a few other things along the way.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Yep absolutely shameless by Budge justifying it by saying the Hibs tickets werent on sale at the time the decision was taken. What an absolute balloon. Her mess, her lies, others responsibility.

“The Hibs tickets hadn’t gone on sale at that point so we were able to put the studio there. There will be some seats lost. I’ve sat in all the seats and you can’t see the corner flag. A supporter may feel really bad about that. “Hibs came down on Friday, had a look at the set-up and they know what’s required. There is frustration. If we were able to offer a studio without a pitch view it wouldn’t be an issue.”

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...lped-1-4643469

Totally obnoxious as I think it is fair to say that fans behind the shed will have a little more than the corner flag blocked out.
    Amateurish as ever from Budge. "If we were able to offer a studio without a pitch view it wouldn’t be an issue". Yep, it's those pesky broadcasters who are fault for having the audacity to want to see the pitch!! What would be the point of having a matchday studio if those inside it can't see out? It would be no better than simply broadcasting from a studio in Glasgow with the telly on.

The truth, Ann, is that your new stand has caused no end of problems due to your obsession with cramming as many seats into it as possible. Had you designed it properly you could have allowed for both a new police control box AND space to house a TV studio without obscuring anybody's view (not to mention a directors box that doesn't inconvenience the paying fans from getting out of the stadium as well as a press box that doesn't get rained on). Instead you've ended up with this absurd situation whereby the TV studio gets shunted around to wherever you deem it to cause least interference.

The Pieman said Tynecastle wasn't fit for purpose more than a decade ago. Despite going £3 million pounds (and probably more) over budget on the new stand you've actually made it even less fit for purpose. Hard to believe it's possible to get things so wrong with a £15 million budget.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ansolute tramps. £15m spent on what exactly?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    [QUOTE=SingHibs;5252773]£1m over 18 home games is £55,555 extra income a game. Say at £50 pop a head then 1,111 corporates per game. Seems very ambitious. Do they have that many free seats? The corporates will have to sit in the general stand. Plus as somebody noted legislation makes it difficult to accept this sort of gift now.[/QUOTE

It’s £140 at ER for hospitality for the Ross Co game on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...lped-1-4643469

The requirement for the gantry was always there and it used to be set up at the Roseburn side of the old stand.

This is symbolic of the shambles that the planning and design of the whole stand has been.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to have the wee shed at the back of the stand, meaning nobody's view is blocked?

Left by mutual consent!
    It's the attitude of "why should our supporters be penalized?" that gets me. Erm because it's your **** up you balloon.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Wouldn't it have made more sense to have the wee shed at the back of the stand, meaning nobody's view is blocked?

That would mean the presenter/pundits having to mix with ordinary supporters to get access (ref. PBS directors' box).

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    It's the attitude of "why should our supporters be penalized?" that gets me. Erm because it's your **** up you balloon.
    It would be difficult to lift it to the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s typical that they can announce an(at least) 25% cost overrun on a bog standard construction job and she is treated by the MSM as some sort of financial genius.She’s certainly conned the numpties.If ever I decide to sell sand in the Sahara she would be my first choice to lead the sales team.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Budge is a self-centred old cow. She’s doing everything to upset us for the derby. She actually thinks she is some sort of queen as well. Time someone bought her a new outfit the tramp that she is.

Imagine the seethe if they lose both games or draw one and lose the cup game. Her house will come crashing down around her.
    While stuck on the bypass yesterday she came on the radio talking about missing out on some right back, "he was our main target and we don't have a list so we will just have to move on to the next target on the list" , she really is a dislikeable woman with her arrogant chat.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    While stuck on the bypass yesterday she came on the radio talking about missing out on some right back, "he was our main target and we don't have a list so we will just have to move on to the next target on the list" , she really is a dislikeable woman with her arrogant chat.
    It was a left back who played for the Swedish team, Ostersund, who’ve drawn Arsenal in the Europa League.
    He decided to go to an American team instead

Without trawling through this entire thread I am sure it has been pointed out on here many times about the inevitable difficulties with TV box, police box, restricted views, indeed at one time was the TV Box not supposed to have one of the Floodlight pylons right in the middle of it.

A class of primary school children could easily have designed a more user friendly facility than this one. I wonder what Mr Clydesdale would have to say, if in fact he is the 'architect/designer' or whatever title they have for him in what is quite evidently a spectacular failure in achieving even basic facilities.

No direcors box, press facilities open to the elements, no seats ordered, no views of the castle, or the pitch, from their executive restaurant, no provision for proper technical areas, restricted views all over the place, power outages because they do not have enough basic utilities in place.

I am sure others can add to a sorry list which can't be described as snags but are basics. How did the whole thing get beyond the planners in the first place?

That, I think, is another, as yet unexplained story.

Dont panic !!!! I have just secured a seat in the new stand seemingly the sky lounge is opening on the 27th !!!! I will keep you posted oh and some pictures

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    Dont panic !!!! I have just secured a seat in the new stand seemingly the sky lounge is opening on the 27th !!!! I will keep you posted oh and some pictures
    You sure the Sky lounge isnt that garden shed with a view down the front of the Rosie?

I seem to remember in Romanov's pomp we were treated to photos of cardboard boxes with the caption ' Now that is what you call a proper planning application' to much boast and bombast.

Looks like this one was done on the back of a fag packet!

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Think she said £1million revenue not profit.
    I was told by someone that was there that;

There will be 2 or 3 hospitality areas in the new stand and also a supporters bar. Whispers this, all dependent on licencing.

They will be entering the conference market. The facilities will be able to cope with up to 2,000 delegates.

This along with weddings, parties and whatnot.
    Space to let

Superb rant 😂

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

There will be 2 or 3 hospitality areas in the new stand and also a supporters bar. Whispers this, all dependent on licencing.

They will be entering the conference market. The facilities will be able to cope with up to 2,000 delegates.

Are they still going to win the champions league by 2008 as well? May as well drag all the old dreams and promises up.

Hopefully there will be owls as well.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

All these events will be B.Y.O.B.
    Corkage fees will be applied of course...

£51 per can of special brew

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    It was a left back who played for the Swedish team, Ostersund, who’ve drawn Arsenal in the Europa League.
    He decided to go to an American team instead

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Given that they sold out almost instantly,the demand was obviously there. There would have been chaos if people discovered that Hibs decided not to sell 600 seats, albeit with restricted views.
    It will be interesting to see if there is crowd issues should the score be in our favour and those that can't see start squeezing into the spaces between others.

My view is we should never have sold them, they loose financially over their shambles and Hibs fans watch it at ER or on tv

Testimonial Due
    Will be interesting to see what happens when folks apply the 'it's an away game and I'm going to stand anywhere I want' rule.

I do think that at the very least we should install a supersize cardboard cut out of Jason Cummings doing his "lifting the cup" celebration at the front of the South Stand for our next league game (or the inevitable cup replay I suppose) before charging them £28 a pop for restricted view tickets to stand behind it.

Testimonial Due
    [QUOTE=WhileTheChief..;5253131]
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    £1m over 18 home games is £55,555 extra income a game. Say at £50 pop a head then 1,111 corporates per game. Seems very ambitious. Do they have that many free seats? The corporates will have to sit in the general stand. Plus as somebody noted legislation makes it difficult to accept this sort of gift now.[/QUOTE

It’s £140 at ER for hospitality for the Ross Co game on Saturday.
    Was a back of envelope calculation. So 400 extra per game going to hospitality. Can't see that being sustained unless they are winning and playing attractive football.