hibs.net Messageboard

Page 305 of 430 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,150 of 12885
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread will continue for several reasons:

- The safety certificate is only temporary, there is still plenty that could go wrong before its all permanently signed off.

- They will have to confirm the official stadium capacity at some point and the yams will realise they've been lied to about the 20k capacity and the seethe when its offical that Tiny is smaller than Easter Road.

- They are planning on building a TV studio in one of the corners which has the potential to be a disaster as well as causing even more restricted views.

- The ongoing issue of the police box and how they are going to fix that.

- The spiraling cost of the project and how much debt they have actually got themselves into to build the thing.

- The interior fit out expectations (Chandeliers, gold plated toilets & Castle Views) versus reality (Strip lighting, breeze blocks & playground views)

- The slown dawning realisation that being back at Tynecastle doesn't suddenly make thier team any less s*** and they can't afford to sign decent players to improve it.

- The state of the pitch by the time they have played matches on it every week for the next couple of months

Where on earth can they put a TV studio? Putting it in a corner is impossible but I don’t see where else is suitable.

Last edited by Pete; 24-11-2017 at 11:04 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    This thread will continue for several reasons:

- The safety certificate is only temporary, there is still plenty that could go wrong before its all permanently signed off.

- They will have to confirm the official stadium capacity at some point and the yams will realise they've been lied to about the 20k capacity and the seethe when its offical that Tiny is smaller than Easter Road.

- They are planning on building a TV studio in one of the corners which has the potential to be a disaster as well as causing even more restricted views.

- The ongoing issue of the police box and how they are going to fix that.

- The spiraling cost of the project and how much debt they have actually got themselves into to build the thing.

- The interior fit out expectations (Chandeliers, gold plated toilets & Castle Views) versus reality (Strip lighting, breeze blocks & playground views)

- The slown dawning realisation that being back at Tynecastle doesn't suddenly make thier team any less s*** and they can't afford to sign decent players to improve it.

- The state of the pitch by the time they have played matches on it every week for the next couple of months

Aye but what about 5-1 and we finished you as a club and 5-1 blah blah blah

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    That undermines one of the Going Concern assumptions in their accounts.
    Perhaps, but that chimes with what Budge said a few weeks ago "it's a 2 stage project - stage 1, just open the thing, and stage 2, fit out and hospitality" which she said wouldn't be completed til June next year.

Comedy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Where on earth can they put a TV studio? Putting it in a corner is impossible but I don’t see where else is suitable.

Someone did a link to the plans a few weeks back. Incredible though it sounds, the TV studio will be sited within the floodlight pylori between the roseburn and the main stand.

......and, yes the plan showed that there will be pillars (ie bits of the pylon) running right up the middle.

Once again, it's the lack of space that screws them.

But, but.... 5-1, establishment team, big team etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Talking to a jambo last night.

They don't expect hospitality to be ready till next April and everything completed by May!
    That's a lot of lost revenue

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Precisely where it would seem it is impossible to build. I think they are building it around the pylon thing in the corner which holds everything up (the opposite end of the stand to the police box). The pylon thing is already causing restricted views so this will make it worse.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Someone did a link to the plans a few weeks back. Incredible though it sounds, the TV studio will be sited within the floodlight pylori between the roseburn and the main stand.

......and, yes the plan showed that there will be pillars (ie bits of the pylon) running right up the middle.

The had plenty space - it's their choice of design that's suspect. They didn't have to do the big truss/corner pylon thing - they could have easily made a bigger (capacity) double tier stand with a cantilever roof (similar to our own) with all the required accommodation within that footprint. They could then have had a control room, tv studio and hospitality facing the pitch. It would also have been cheaper than what they've done/are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    If this is accurate, this thread has just been presented with a new lease of life. My guess is another 215/16 pages.

Yep, saw what you did there 👍

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    The had plenty space - it's their choice of design that's suspect. They didn't have to do the big truss/corner pylon thing - they could have easily made a bigger (capacity) double tier stand with a cantilever roof (similar to our own) with all the required accommodation within that footprint. They could then have had a control room, tv studio and hospitality facing the pitch. It would also have been cheaper than what they've done/are doing.
    Maybe so, but I do think the similarity and symmetry of the stands makes the whole thing more of a cauldron than it would otherwise have been.

Why does a TV studio have to be overlooking the pitch anyway? Couldn't they have it underneath the stand somewhere and just project live footage of the pitch/dejected hordes trudging out the vomitories?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Really? If that's the case it makes a bad decision even worse.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

All big teams have budget TV studios built as an afterthought and with pylon legs running through them.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Can’t they have the tv studio floating above the pitch? They are past masters are suspending belief, afterall.
    Last edited by Seveno; 24-11-2017 at 12:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    Can’t the have the tv studio floating above the pitch? They are past masters are suspending belief, afterall.
    Wouldn't work with Levein in charge. HOOF

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Maybe so, but I do think the similarity and symmetry of the stands makes the whole thing more of a cauldron than it would otherwise have been.

Why does a TV studio have to be overlooking the pitch anyway? Couldn't they have it underneath the stand somewhere and just project live footage of the pitch/dejected hordes trudging out the vomitories?
    UEFA Requirements. Need 2 studios. Obe looking over pitch and a 2nd (temporary one acceptable) preferably but not necessarily with pitch view.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    UEFA Requirements. Need 2 studios. Obe looking over pitch and a 2nd (temporary one acceptable) preferably but not necessarily with pitch view.
    When are they ever likely to need a studio for UEFA? Does the fact they plan to have the two studios\boxrooms make the stand UEFA compliant as they seem to think is worthy of comment

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Aye but what about 5-1 and we finished you as a club and 5-1 blah blah blah
    You've got me there, can't really argue with that logic

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    When are they ever likely to need a studio for UEFA? Does the fact they plan to have the two studios\boxrooms make the stand UEFA compliant as they seem to think is worthy of comment
    They can still take out sections of the Roseburn and Gorgie bus shelters but this is just a vanity project.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    It's quite incredible what they have actually chosen to build given how much better for them a two tier stand would have been.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Ta. The Budgemeister must be furious that UEFA brought in that requirement after plans were submitted and approved (building warrants issued etc) for the eighth wonder.

Can’t put a pic up but wait until you see the banner Dickens bar in Dalry has put up.

5.1 minutes to Tynecastle Tesco, more cups than Tesco leith

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I get your point(s) about how long this thread has run> and yes it has grown arms and legs to a certain degree regarding fun and some less than fun comments. However, the Fact remains, and I cant see it being buried any day soon, that our gorgie chums have been given preferential treatment in regard to having council inspectors waiting in the wings at ridiculous hours of the day and night just waiting to give the green light.do you think this was ok, at the expense of the taxpayer ? I pay my taxes, I pay my community charge, and my council demanded and threatened me and my wife with court proceedings for council tax being a couple of days late unless I paid my community tax for the year in full!!! why do I feel so annoyed? just think on that my friend! these barstewards got out of jail big time, at the expence of us and the rest of Scottish fitba, and more impotantly to me, at the expence of people like me who pay our way !!!!!!!! raging.
    ........ aaaand breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by LeithSqualk View Post
    Can’t put a pic up but wait until you see the banner Dickens bar in Dalry has put up.

I'm assuming Hibs will be contacting hearts about Dickens and Tesco immediately to discuss this disrepute and issuing a full statement in due course

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Ta. The Budgemeister must be furious that UEFA brought in that requirement after plans were submitted and approved (building warrants issued etc) for the eighth wonder.
    To be honest I could understand Budge's annoyance. At the end of the day UEFA's meddling has probably caused no end of bother and expense to clubs all over Europe. Yes its helped give us a laugh at the Yams expense, but that doesn't mean to say their constant edicts about stadiums with little or no regard to the cost is to be applauded ..... if you ask me whenever UEFA think of any changes they have how will Real Madrid and Bayern Munich be affected by them, not how will some poxy little Scottish or Danish club cope.

At the end of the day professional football has been played for decades, hell for over a century, at grounds just like Tynecastle and Easter Road as it was before the new stands were built with little or no danger to player safety, which is what it appears these run off areas are all about. Yes under UEFA rules Easter Road can host any match, but in order to accommodate those rules the East stand had to be built in such a way as to be ( like it or not ) too far back from the pitch side, leaving the FF and South looking detached from it and preventing Easter Road from being the enclosed arena it should be ..... easily put right by extending the FF by about 10 metres at its east end and extending the bottom deck of the South by the same to make them level with the East ..... but how much would that cost for the addition of about 500 seats, even if the ground would look a hell of a lot better?

UEFA have made Hearts a bit of a joke, but they'll get no thanks from me for doing it.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar

Really don't understand why they need floodlight pylons - would think it's easier to fit lights along the top of the new stand and the wheatfield and then remove the pylons completely.
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    Really don't understand why they need floodlight pylons - would think it's easier to fit lights along the top of the new stand and the wheatfield and then remove the pylons completely.
    Don't think they are floodlight pylons, the floodlights are only attached to them. I think they are the supports for the trusses?

@hibs.net private member Aubenas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They can't remove the pylons because the four stands, and the beams they hang off, are supported by them.
    Philly McGuinness, Leitrim GAA, died playing in a club match for Mohill. He epitomised all that is best about sport, making a 6 hour round trip to training three times a week from his workplace in Mayo, and was never late. His motto was 'Give it all, or give nothing'. One for all sportsmen to consider.

The pylons hold everything up mate ... remove them and the whole place would fall down. The floodlights are just an afterthought and could easily be removed and put on the stand roofs, but to be honest the pylons would look even more honking than they already do without the floodlights on top.

First Team Breakthrough
    They are not floodlight pylons, they are the main structural supports for the roof that happen to have the floodlights attached to them.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprouleflyer View Post
    Don't think they are floodlight pylons, the floodlights are only attached to them. I think they are the supports for the trusses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubenas View Post

They can't remove the pylons because the four stands, and the beams they hang off, are supported by them.
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    The pylons hold everything up mate ... remove them and the whole place would fall down. The floodlights are just an afterthought and could easily be removed and put on the stand roofs, but to be honest the pylons would look even more honking than they already do without the floodlights on top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikers110 View Post
    They are not floodlight pylons, they are the main structural supports for the roof that happen to have the floodlights attached to them.

Didn't realise that, sounds like really poor planning, and the seats with restricted views won't be getting better any time soon.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by LeithSqualk View Post

Dickens bar, a bigger toilet you would struggle to find. They are welcome to it.