hibs.net Messageboard

Page 267 of 430 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 8,010 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have they asked Partick to give them a guard of honour as they take to the field?
    You're probably being facetious but, in all seriousness, something like that would be appropriate. Assuming the game goes ahead they'll have managed to get the stand open in November, the same month as Armistice Day, and bearing in mind that if it wasn't for them there would be no such thing as football, never mind football megastands with chips, I believe there should be some form of respectful tribute. If not a guard of honour then a sacrifice of virgins - or something even more out of the ordinary, to reflect the uniqueness of the stand.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    You're probably being facetious but, in all seriousness, something like that would be appropriate. Assuming the game goes ahead they'll have managed to get the stand open in November, the same month as Armistice Day, and bearing in mind that if it wasn't for them there would be no such thing as football, never mind football megastands with chips, I believe there should be some form of respectful tribute. If not a guard of honour then a sacrifice of virgins, or something even more out of the ordinary to reflect the uniqueness of the stand.
    Plenty posting on Sickback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This is the typical Hearts fan. No wonder they are hated! Hope this prick trips down the stairs and breaks his legs.
    If being the establishment club means being the grown adult that constantly needs hand outs from mum and dad and can't do anything on their own without help then let them bash on.
    Tramps.

Quote Originally Posted by HFC_NYC View Post
    Elias Henry Furst
    • Squad Member
    • Registered Users A
    • 1,749 posts

Posted 2 minutes ago

Been told that earlier in the week there was nearly 40 issues to be addressed. Earlier today they were 5.

Guess we’ll hear tomorrow.

Fair play to the council using taxpayers money to allow Saturday overtime for the inspectors also.

#establishmentclub

#knowyourplacepeasantfilth

This is the typical yam attitude that really winds me up. Are they really this arrogant?
    1. Finish the stand.

Elias Henry Furst
    • Squad Member
    • Registered Users A
    • 1,749 posts

Posted 2 minutes ago

Been told that earlier in the week there was nearly 40 issues to be addressed. Earlier today they were 5.

Fair play to the council using taxpayers money to allow Saturday overtime for the inspectors also.

#establishmentclub

This is the typical yam attitude that really winds me up. Are they really this arrogant?
    Answer is yes, they are blind bigoted delude fools, and that's putting it mildly.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Answer is yes, they are blind bigoted delude fools, and that's putting it mildly.
    Wouldn't say they are bigoted to be fair. They are deluded muppets mind.

Whatever the outcome of this farce is you can bet the media will be covering up any problems by the shovel load, and by the looks of it there's plenty rubbish outside the ground to cover it.

Absolute fandans.

Big team?

Left by mutual consent!
    Raining in central Edinburgh getting heavier.

Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Wouldn't say they are bigoted to be fair.
    Seriously? 100% are mate.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Seriously? 100% are mate.
    It is a minoless fee. Their club isn't based on bigotry like them in Glasgow is what I meant.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    This is the typical Hearts fan. No wonder they are hated! Hope this prick trips down the stairs and breaks his legs.
    Say what you really think

Don't you be holding back now.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Wouldn't say they are bigoted to be fair. They are deluded muppets mind.
    Are you serious? Have you never watched a Hearts v Celtic match???

Testimonial Due
    They are the Establishment’s team. It’s just one of the reasons I am glad I am a Hibs fan. I wouldn’t want to be associated with the Establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    If that was a normal building site you wouldn't expect to be open for business before Christmas.
    Nope, no way should that host a game of football on Sunday.

The council will open themselves up to a whole host of risk and ridicule if it gets any kind of sign off and will put people in a position of potential harm.

The SFA / SFPL should have stated to Hearts they had until lunchtime today to get this sorted or the game is off.

And Hearts should be embarrased it has come down to this instead of reveling in the pride of making a half arsed job of it all and opening it up for the public when it isn't even finished.

There is no pride or professionalism with this for anyone.

@hibs.net private member HFC_NYC's Avatar
    They have no remorse whatsoever about making use of other people's money for their own benefit. They claim to be the establishment club, but they must be the most subservient fans in the world.......MR. Romanov (the Sweet Prince) , MRS. Budge (the Queen of Hearts). I'm fortunate to live far enough away that I never come face to face with any of these morons, but even if I lived on the moon, my blood would still boil listening to they way they go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post

The council will open themselves up to a whole host of risk and ridicule if it gets any kind of sign off and will put people in a position of potential harm.

The SFA / SFPL should have stated to Hearts they had until lunchtime today to get this sorted or the game is off.

And Hearts should be embarrased it has come down to this instead of reveling in the pride of making a half arsed job of it all and opening it up for the public when it isn't even finished.

Their first game in front of the new stand should have been a gala occasion with a grand opening by former players or local dignitaries.

Instead it's going to be a half-arsed rush job with minimal facilities available.

I imagine even the EEN will be too embarrassed to produce a 20 page pull-out lauding the event.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    They have no remorse whatsoever about making use of other people's money for their own benefit. They claim to be the establishment club, but they must be the most subservient fans in the world.......MR. Romanov (the Sweet Prince) , MRS. Budge (the Queen of Hearts). I'm fortunate to live far enough away that I never come face to face with any of these morons, but even if I lived on the moon, my blood would still boil listening to they way they go on.
    Forelock tuggers... and other things.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    With all this effort to get the new stand passed for opening they seemed to have overlooked the status of the changing rooms under the Wheatfield Stand. ( Assuming they are the ones to be used )

They had a temporary occupation certificate to allow use for the Dunfermline game at the start of the season but that permission expired at the end of July.

Still, plenty time for a fresh application.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

They could have called it off on Monday took the fallout from it and moved on instead of a rush job that will be cutting corners and costing more money now and more money when all the faults start to show, Of course we don't know what is being said behind closed doors by the SPFL and Thistle
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Their first game in front of the new stand should have been a gala occasion with a grand opening by former players or local dignitaries.

Instead it's going to be a half-arsed rush job with minimal facilities available.

I imagine even the EEN will be too embarrassed to produce a 20 page pull-out lauding the event.
    Just sums up that they have no class or desire to do things the right way.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Elias Henry Furst
    • Squad Member
    • Registered Users A
    • 1,749 posts

Posted 2 minutes ago

#establishmentclub

I would like to think that the cost of those Inspectors will be re-imbursed by the club.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

That is the bottom line there should have been a reasonable cut off time when it was a yes or no not this maybe, maybe not shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

3 minutes ago

Is it possible that they don’t plan to use that are of the ground and instead have Partick fans entering the Roseburn from the other side?

That in itself would cause some segregation issues but probably not too many given the opposition.

Looking at these pictures, they don’t seem to be in too much of a hurry to get that end up to scratch.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

No safety certificate today. Back tomorrow!

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    No safety certificate today. Back tomorrow!
    HAHAHA! They'll give Partick a phone about half 2 and claim the 3 points when they don't turn up in time 😂

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Excellent

Keep throwing money at it you fools!

Maybe you will get a certificate, maybe not, but all this rush will have resulted in a botched job with corners cut for which you have grossly overpaid and which will come back to bite you on the arse.

I would actually quite like them to get a certificate and for it to go badly tits up in the absence of proper testing, obviously with no-one getting hurt though.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Excellent

Keep throwing money at it you fools!

Maybe you will get a certificate, maybe not, but all this rush will have resulted in a botched job with corners cut for which you have grossly overpaid and which will come back to bite you on the arse.

I would actually quite like them to get a certificate and for it to go badly tits up in the absence of proper testing, obviously with no-one getting hurt though.
    I would love the game to go ahead and them get horsed by Partick.I can hear the boos now ringing around the ground, dug 5h1te