hibs.net Messageboard

Page 255 of 430 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,650 of 12885
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure it's a problem reporters of all local papers have to deal with.

If he was to come out and be honest it would destroy his relationship with the club and for him to have a job he needs to have a good working relationship with them. On top of that the vast majority of his readers are Hearts fans, do you think they would thank him for being negative about their club?

I'm not saying he'll be up for winning any awards soon but it's not quite as simple as some suggest.

If it's a good objective piece of journalism you're looking for then don't read local papers.
    I agree to an extent, but by the same token the club shouldn't see the Evening News as a free platform for positive publicity. Previous 'Hearts' reporters at the News were nothing like as compliant as allisbarry. I don't know if David Hardie still covers the Hibs beat, but from what I recall he used to get the balance about right between establishing a decent working relationship with the club and being critical when it was merited.

Do all Hearts supporters REALLY lap up the sort of perfumed prose allisbarry puts out? Judging by some of the more tunnel vision posters on kickback I guess a good many do, but you'd think at least some would want to read something a bit more insightful than sugar-coated copy spoon fed direct from the club's PR.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    All this is very, very unfair on Partick Thistle. They should demand to know at least 36 hours before the scheduled kick-off. How can they possibly prepare properly for a fixture which, in all likelihood, is not going to be played.
    Yep, once again the fans right at the bottom of the pile when the suits do their behind the scenes deals. The yam won't care who they stand on along the way.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

If he was to come out and be honest it would destroy his relationship with the club and for him to have a job he needs to have a good working relationship with them. On top of that the vast majority of his readers are Hearts fans, do you think they would thank him for being negative about their club?

I'm not saying he'll be up for winning any awards soon but it's not quite as simple as some suggest.

If it's a good objective piece of journalism you're looking for then don't read local papers.
    Banderson hero-worships Craig Levein and Gary MacKay and presumably thinks that actually winning things is over-rated anyway.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Banderson doesn't deserve to be called a journalist. His output is laughable.

I understand your wider point but there is no need to be so subservient.

Left by mutual consent!

True and agree with what you post but whys the papaers editor letting him post such guff day after day after day? The whole things a shambles yet it's appearing to be super on scheduled amazing stadium competition when it's a tin pot stand that parallels out east imo

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    True and agree with what you post but whys the papaers editor letting him post such guff day after day after day? The whole things a shambles yet it's appearing to be super on scheduled amazing stadium competition when it's a tin pot stand that parallels out east imo
    Because he'll be doing so upon the Editors instructions.

If Bazza was to write the truth the hierarchy at the club wouldn't call Barry, they'd be on the phone to the editors and their bosses.

Plus it comes back to the average EEN buying yam laps up this guff so nobody would benefit from a really honest story about it being a complete shambles from start to finish.

I'm not saying that's right, imo that's just the way of the world and the local press now though.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    If Bazza was to write the truth the hierarchy at the club wouldn't call Barry, they'd be on the phone to the editors and their bosses.
    Hearts would probably phone hibs first to complain, then marathon bet before realeasing a wonderfully unifying statement.

Left by mutual consent!

Plus it comes back to the average EEN buying yam laps up this guff so nobody would benefit from a really honest story about it being a complete shambles from start to finish.

I'm not saying that's right, imo that's just the way of the world and the local press now though.
    Fair dos. Gets my goat shoved down our throats daily mind.

About an hour ago. Still not finished the roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why have they got red windows?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Phase 2. Obviously

Big Team building projects don't worry about completing the outer shell first before moving on to fit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Special relationship with Aberdeen?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought that was some Rubiks Cube themed soft play area

Left by mutual consent!

They've told their windae-lickers they're strawberry-flavoured - it's a smart move by Hearts as it makes sure their windaes get cleaned every game !

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

There was something on AllisBarry column in EEN today saying that they have confirmed that the "Project" will not be complete until Summer 2018 !

So, even if they are in on Sunday, its going to be a total cowp for several months - FFS its not the sistine chapel, its a friggin fitba stand !!!

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    I was speaking with one of the site supervisor chaps about an hour ago.

He told me it was still touch and go , whether the match was on ,on Sunday , but it would not be with lack of effort from everyone on site and they were all getting a bit peed off with all the criticism .

He went on to tell me of another problem that had just arisen. Seems the 2 cherry-pickers they have been using pitch side can't get out of the emergency vehicle exit as they are too high.

I asked if it was a case of dismantling the machines or bringing in a large mobile crane.

He said they were trying to work that one out .

Is it true most of the so called "inspectors on stand-by" are currently committed to making sure a greater priority is dealt with first. The Edinburgh Christmas Festival is scheduled to open on Friday and the sites are currently a shambles with CEC yellow jackets crawling over the various locations

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    They've told their windae-lickers they're strawberry-flavoured - it's a smart move by Hearts as it makes sure their windaes get cleaned every game !

Sir Matt Busby

They’ve booked their staff Christmas part in the Big Function Hall in the new stand !
    For next YEAR!

Party ffs

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

He told me it was still touch and go , whether the match was on ,on Sunday , but it would not be with lack of effort from everyone on site and they were all getting a bit peed off with all the criticism .

He went on to tell me of another problem that had just arisen. Seems the 2 cherry-pickers they have been using pitch side can't get out of the emergency vehicle exit as they are too high.

I asked if it was a case of dismantling the machines or bringing in a large mobile crane.

I thought Levein was going to play them up front?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I thought Levein was going to play them up front?
    They've already got an immobile vertically ineffective lump that they can't get rid of and costs a fortune for very little return up front so don't see the point of another two.

Last edited by Bostonhibby; 15-11-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Sir Matt Busby

It grinds my gears them constantly calling it Tynecastle Park. It's Tynecastle! Stadium/park or ****hole it's Tynecastle ffs the same as Easter Road is Easter Road!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

I agree with both of your posts.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    They are not windows you silly thing you.

They are uniquely coloured ocular assistance viewing aids.

There are no others like them in the whole wide world, and if there ever should be, they would be inferior ones.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar

If this turns out to be accurate, I will not need any other Christmas pressies this year.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    It grinds my gears them constantly calling it Tynecastle Park. It's Tynecastle! Stadium/park or ****hole it's Tynecastle ffs the same as Easter Road is Easter Road!
    We should change ours to Hibernian Park

Budge will order them left where they are and with his defensive problems Potter will use one to park in front of goal and play the other one up front fully extended to try and make contact with the hoofballs from Berra that Laughter cannot reach.

Quote Originally Posted by car1973 View Post