hibs.net Messageboard

Page 243 of 430 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,290 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe it's just me but I don't really see why Hearts are so proud that they...

"inspired a widely accepted change in attitude towards the war effort and thousands of Hearts supporters, along with players and supporters of other clubs joined The 16th Royal Scots"

Basically they are saying that they were a key reason that young, hard working men, left home to face a pointless and horrific death, fighting to ensure that the British Monarchy and the establishment didn't lose out financially to the German Monarchy and establishment. I mourn the loss of those young lives whether they were Hearts players, Hibs players, milkmen, dockers, miners or shop workers. However to crow about your part in encouraging young men to kill and be killed on behalf of Europe's rich elite is absolutely immoral.

The first World war wasn't about defeating Fascism it was about power and money and who ruled the roost in Europe, in fact it was the repercussions of the First World war that led to the rise of Fascism.

I had three great Uncles die in WW1 two of them on the Somme, three brothers out of four went to war and never returned.

I don't even wear a poppy now, it has been hijacked by those who like to stir up jingoistic support for modern wars and our current professional army and supports the culture of modern warfare that brings death and despair to so many and wealth and power to the ruling elite.
    Agreed as an ex serviceman i never wore a poppy this year. Still put money in the box because its right we help others who have put themselves in harms way regardless of the rights and wrongs of it.
    On facebook you get ads for poppy t shirts and flags and the like some it has gone way beyond a dignified day to remember the war dead.
    45 AND RISING

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Levein in the EEN today says he wouldn't mind if Scotland left Hampden:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...ield-1-4611394

"For the smaller games you could go to Tynecastle, Easter Road or Aberdeen and get a full house."

Er, you're not going to be playing any proper international fixtures at Tynecastle, dufus. The pitch isn't compliant.

No chance the stand will be open based on photos from this morning. Expect an announcement soon

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Levein in the EEN today says he wouldn't mind if Scotland left Hampden:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...ield-1-4611394

"For the smaller games you could go to Tynecastle, Easter Road or Aberdeen and get a full house."

Er, you're not going to be playing any proper international fixtures at Tynecastle, dufus. The pitch isn't compliant.
    Why is potter even asked his opinion on anything Scotland?

Tynie can host the Under 21 friendlies Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Their stand is *****
    Their fans are *****
    Their manager is *****
    Their owner is *****
    Their club is *****
    They all talk *****,

Ladies and gentlemen Heart Of Midlothian football club.
    That should really be their Wikipedia entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    No chance the stand will be open based on photos from this morning. Expect an announcement soon
    have you got a link to the pics?

Latest news is that it's due to open at midnight on New Year's Eve to coincide with the fireworks display that they have put on at the castle. All windae lickers have had their invite to attend Tynecastle Park (£100 each to include chips) where they will not only be able to see the fireworks but also Edinburgh Castle.

Well jealous.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Anyone who says we are not unhealthily obsessed with our city rivals need only read this thread.
    After 30+ years of their keech - keech that was only made possible thanks to 'Other People's Money' are you surprised ?. What you're seeing now is the first barest glimpse of a tip of a hu*****us iceberg !!!

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Bryan Jackson may have been a straight guy, but , back in 2013 he was being hailed as the " Saviour of Football Clubs ". Maybe the adulation went to his head and he came to the conclusion the the end justified the means.

I was told the reasoning behind the way the CVA vote was conducted was that Ukio Bankas was in administration too , therefor no longer considered a " connected " creditor.

There might have been some merit in that view if it were not for the fact Jackson had just finished the Portsmouth FC. administration (another club brought down by a dodgy Lithuanian Banker )

In their creditor vote there was a couple of connected companies who were in administration too. No distinction was made to them when the creditor votes were counted.

These companies votes were not counted in the non-connected creditors vote count, just as the Ukio Bankas should not have been allowed to out-vote HMRC .

All water under the bridge now, but I would love to know if Jackson was encouraged to save the Yams by persons high up in the political food chain.
    If they survived thanks to 'persons high up in the political food chain' then they must've been Hibees ! They knew that Hearts years of their 'Finance Football' business-plan, started by Wallet Merger, was no longer - and what we're seeing now is the result of their foresight !. They foresaw the fun we'd have once a 'Level Playing-field' was established and they were right - and the best thing about it is this is just the start. The situation in Edinburgh is slowly starting to mirror what's going on in Glasgow with Septic so far in front of the Hun they'll soon be forgetting how to spell 'Rangers' !. Here, thanks to Hearts ****-hole of a stadium, they're goosed. Decades of absolutely zero-investment to their infrastructure means Tynecastle has fast become a very heavy stone around their bolt-riddled necks ! Further developement isn't really an option (both financially and physically !) and it means we're rapidly leaving them further and further behind both on and off the field !. Right now their attendances are still holding-up but that's mainly thanks to the 'Believers', the ones brought up throughout the 'money years' (admittedly that is the vast majority of them !) the ones who're ignorant of their own club's history pre-Mercer, the ones who truly believe that Hearts have always had the financial wherewithal to just go out whenever they want and just buy players of a standard/level way, way above their historical norm !. They truly believe that what's happening with them just now is the result of some poor, unfortunate choices player-wise and that it'll just take getting in one or two good players for 'Normal sevice to be resumed' (come on - how often have we seen/heard that from a Jambo ??). Where the money's coming from to get these players is never discussed as, thanks to 30+ years of 'Other People's Money', the 'Believers' just expect/presume that Hearts will have it ! They don't or won't accept that what they're seeing on the field right now is rapidly becoming the 'norm' at Tyney but they'll be forced to soon - and when THAT happens .......................................
    Last edited by Deansy; 13-11-2017 at 12:37 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    have you got a link to the pics?

Yesterday wasn’t about any individual let alone a football team.

Yesterday was to show respect to those who had fallen during the first WW and also to those who have fallen since then.

To come out with the statement shows exactly the type of self egotistic club they are. Always have to be the centre of attention even when it’s not about them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I went past yesterday. There are no turnstyles for away fans yet either

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    That should really be their Wikipedia entry.
    I may edit the page 😁

Bryan Jackson may have been a straight guy, but......

Let's leave the homophobic digs to that lot, please.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_nation View Post
    Agreed as an ex serviceman i never wore a poppy this year. Still put money in the box because its right we help others who have put themselves in harms way regardless of the rights and wrongs of it.
    On facebook you get ads for poppy t shirts and flags and the like some it has gone way beyond a dignified day to remember the war dead.
    As a stoic defender of the poppy as a symbol of remembrance this is the only thing that's going to push me towards giving up wearing one, that and what even I have to admit is the continual pushing of it as 'a symbol of support for our armed forces' a phrase which is comparatively recent as far as I know ... remembrance and 'support' are entirely different things IMO and pushing the poppy from one towards the other does concern me.

All of which brings us back to Heart of Midlothian ....... I have never had a problem with them acknowledging what they see as a proud part of their history and certainly not with the memorial to their players, staff and supporters killed in WW1. But in recent years what was respectful acknowledgment has come far too close to exploitation of this event as a selling point for the club publicity and revenue wise.
    As I understand it they have produced a poppy shirt for sale in the club shop which is £5 more expensive than the normal price of a home top, with that £5 going to charity ... what they surely must recognise is that every time a person who has already bought this seasons home top, or who had no intention of buying the 'normal' shirt, forks out for a 'poppy top' the club has made a profit going into its own coffers on the back of the WW1 team .... that IMO is seedy bordering on exploitation of what when all is said and done was a tragic waste of human life.

They need to remember that McCrae's battalion wasn't just made up of Hearts people, it was far more diverse than that ... they seem far too keen to push it as 'the Heart of Midlothian battalion' laying claim to it as their own in many subtle and not so subtle ways.

As I've said before ... I wouldn't put it past them to officially name the new stand 'The McCrae's Battalion Stand' or the '25th of November stand' to further exploit the WW1 connection .... watch this space as they say.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Slightly odd site, that. Appears to list Tynecastle itself as the location of a war memorial:https://canmore.org.uk/site/68133/ed...e-park-stadium
    Nothing odd about the site, it tells it like it is

https://canmore.org.uk/event/786298

Architect for redevelopment: James Clydesdale
    Engineers for redevelopment: Cundall Johnston & Partners
    Tynecastle Stadium, Edinburgh, has been the home of Hearts Football Club for over 100 years.
    The club redeveloped at Tynecastle after four unsuccessful attempts to secure planning permission
    for redevelopment on the periphery of the city. The stadium redevelopment proposals for Tynecastle
    show a capacity of around 19,000 seats.
    Prospect, Summer 1995
    Now we know 2 things, the capacity and how behind schedule it is
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    If that's the case then it would seem impossible that the stadium could be passed fit for use this week? Such a late call-off would be hugely embarrassing and a logistical nightmare given that they must already have sold a good number of tickets for the game (as well as whatever hospitality they can offer). A postponement request would be their only option at such a late stage, which makes me think they'll get the game on somehow.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I don't really see why Hearts are so proud that they...

"inspired a widely accepted change in attitude towards the war effort and thousands of Hearts supporters, along with players and supporters of other clubs joined The 16th Royal Scots"

Basically they are saying that they were a key reason that young, hard working men, left home to face a pointless and horrific death, fighting to ensure that the British Monarchy and the establishment didn't lose out financially to the German Monarchy and establishment. I mourn the loss of those young lives whether they were Hearts players, Hibs players, milkmen, dockers, miners or shop workers. However to crow about your part in encouraging young men to kill and be killed on behalf of Europe's rich elite is absolutely immoral.

The first World war wasn't about defeating Fascism it was about power and money and who ruled the roost in Europe, in fact it was the repercussions of the First World war that led to the rise of Fascism.

I had three great Uncles die in WW1 two of them on the Somme, three brothers out of four went to war and never returned.

I don't even wear a poppy now, it has been hijacked by those who like to stir up jingoistic support for modern wars and our current professional army and supports the culture of modern warfare that brings death and despair to so many and wealth and power to the ruling elite.
    To be fair to Budge these crass attempts at remembrance 'ownership' had lessened since she had been in charge, maybe partially due to the fact that Hearts owed money to Lady Haig's poppy factory and McCrae's Battalion Trust on entering administration. You would need to have a breathtaking lack of insight to continue with that crass narrative with those FACTS in mind.

They have hit a bump in the road with the old 'living within your means' inconvenience and the fact that we have been ragdolling them for the last 2-3 years. Seems they have reverted to type unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    If that's the case then it would seem impossible that the stadium could be passed fit for use this week? Such a late call-off would be hugely embarrassing and a logistical nightmare given that they must already have sold a good number of tickets for the game (as well as whatever hospitality they can offer). A postponement request would be their only option at such a late stage, which makes me think they'll get the game on somehow.
    Why do thy need turnstiles? surely a man with a bucket for the cash and a clicker to count them in will suffice http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/winky.gif
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Looks like a couple of big Anderson shelters.

Another war memorial perhaps?

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    You see, our finest story is about far more than winning silverware. It's a story of convictions to fight for our country's freedom.

In 1914 Hearts became the first club in the United Kingdom to sign-up for the Great War as 13 players enlisted.

In doing so they inspired a widely accepted change in attitude towards the war effort and thousands of Hearts supporters, along with players and supporters of other clubs joined The 16th Royal Scots - or as it became Sir George McCrae's Sporting Battalion.

On the first day of the Battle of the Somme, 1st July 1916 three players were killed. In the end seven never came home.

To this day we NEVER forget. We remember the players and supporters who gave their lives, inspiring our remarkable history, every year.

The club owns Edinburgh's famous War Memorial at the Haymarket junction in west central Edinburgh, and it actively supports McCrae's Battalion Trust who have built a Cairn in the village of Contalmaison near France.

We're in awe of our history, but that does not mean we look forward. It's just that by remembering the past we can influence the future.
    Now, don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the efforts of those who fought and died for our country as much as anyone, but this may be the most cringeworthy piece of writing I’ve seen on any ‘major’(a relative term, of course) football team’s website. The war was tragic and to literally brag about it on your club’s official website is sickening.

“We are in awe of our history.” Parodically pathetic. I guess it indirectly highlights the state of Hearts’ footballing side.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    "You see, our finest story is about far more than winning silverware. It's a story of convictions to fight for our country's freedom.

In 1914 Hearts became the first club in the United Kingdom to sign-up for the Great War as 13 players enlisted.

In doing so they inspired a widely accepted change in attitude towards the war effort and thousands of Hearts supporters, along with players and supporters of other clubs joined The 16th Royal Scots - or as it became Sir George McCrae's Sporting Battalion.

On the first day of the Battle of the Somme, 1st July 1916 three players were killed. In the end seven never came home.

To this day we NEVER forget. We remember the players and supporters who gave their lives, inspiring our remarkable history, every year.

The club owns Edinburgh's famous War Memorial at the Haymarket junction in west central Edinburgh, and it actively supports McCrae's Battalion Trust who have built a Cairn in the village of Contalmaison near France.

We're in awe of our history, but that does not mean we look forward. It's just that by remembering the past we can influence the future."

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    Now, don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the efforts of those who fought and died for our country as much as anyone, but this may be the most cringeworthy piece of writing I’ve seen on any ‘major’(a relative term, of course) football team’s website. The war was tragic and to literally brag about it on your club’s official website is sickening.

“We are in awe of our history.” Parodically pathetic. I guess it indirectly highlights the state of Hearts’ footballing side.

Oh dear. Here we go again. Utter garbage. Pretentious, sententious bollocks. Painting over the fraud and corruption of the last 25 years with the blood of the war dead.

Disgusting.

[Not you, SRH - him.]

"You see, our finest story is about far more than winning silverware. It's a story of convictions........"

That should be the strapline for a book about their recent history. Coaches, players and fans alike.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bryan Jackson may have been a straight guy, but , back in 2013 he was being hailed as the " Saviour of Football Clubs ". Maybe the adulation went to his head and he came to the conclusion the the end justified the means.

I was told the reasoning behind the way the CVA vote was conducted was that Ukio Bankas was in administration too , therefor no longer considered a " connected " creditor.

There might have been some merit in that view if it were not for the fact Jackson had just finished the Portsmouth FC. administration (another club brought down by a dodgy Lithuanian Banker )

In their creditor vote there was a couple of connected companies who were in administration too. No distinction was made to them when the creditor votes were counted.

These companies votes were not counted in the non-connected creditors vote count, just as the Ukio Bankas should not have been allowed to out-vote HMRC .

All water under the bridge now, but I would love to know if Jackson was encouraged to save the Yams by persons high up in the political food chain.
    HMRC don’t take any prisoners. If they thought they were being illegally disadvantaged surely legal proceedings would have followed?

@hibs.net private member

Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

So this thread has gone from laughing about their delayed stand to revisiting debates around their administration... have people really still got energy for that topic ?? It has gone boys - let it go .....

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post

There are turnstiles. They can be seen through the glass of the digger cab. Only 6 mind you, the plan showed 8 , but you got to make savings where you can if there are escalators to pay for.

As for the war memorial at Tynecastle, there was a remembrance shield at the back of the old stand which was to be refitted to the new edifice .

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    HMRC don’t take any prisoners. If they thought they were being illegally disadvantaged surely legal proceedings would have followed?
    I think from what was said HMRC would have got nowt anyway from Hearts being liquidated so challenging it and pushing for liquidation would have just meant more work and effort from HMRC with the same end result so they haven't pursued it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    So this thread has gone from laughing about their delayed stand to revisiting debates around their administration... have people really still got energy for that topic ?? It has gone boys - let it go .....
    I think I'm to blame. Here's a picture of some chips (the best on the planet) to help get us back on track...
    Attached Images Attached Images

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    There's a discussion ongoing about naming the new stand with them favouring "The McCraes Battalion Stand" and a bronze statue of a WW1 soldier sited on the piazza. Dearie me !!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LithgaeHibby View Post
    I think I'm to blame. Here's a picture of some chips (the best on the planet) to help get us back on track...

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    There's a discussion ongoing about naming the new stand with them favouring "The McCraes Battalion Stand" and a bronze statue of a WW1 soldier sited on the piazza. Dearie me !!!
    I hope the soldier is looking up at the sky so he's got half a chance of seeing the ball.......