Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just reminded me about the patchwork quilt bit. Looks like they weren't joking and they're leaving it like that. Unique and sophisticated.
    Quilt bit? Quilt bit? Shirley that's a patchwork curtain wall, or have I misunderstood that concept?

Parmazan with yir chips son?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Quilt bit? Quilt bit? Shirley that's a patchwork curtain wall, or have I misunderstood that concept?
    Who knows? We are but hobos who are used to a straightforward trouble free built stadium with none of the hype.

It'll be a sophisticated design of a curtain wall. Made up of all the bits the supplier had lying around ☺

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 06-11-2017 at 05:02 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

When's Nick Knowles due on site again?!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Unable to fulfil fixture?

Match awarded to opponents 3-0.
    Is there precedent for that? I'm not seeing that mentioned here:

Non-fulfilment of Fixture Obligations
    G46 No Club shall, unless the circumstances of the failure are outside the control of theClub concerned and could not have been reasonably foreseen and reasonablyanticipated and remedied prior to the match, fail to fulfil its fixture obligations inrespect of any League Match or Play-Off Match on and at the appointed or, as thecase may be, rescheduled date, time and venue.
    G47 For the purposes of Rules G5 and G46 a representation by a Club that it will not orintends not to fulfil a fixture obligation or that it will do so only subject to acondition or conditions which are or are found to be unacceptable to the Boardshall be deemed to be in breach of Rule G5 notwithstanding that the Board has ormay have rescheduled or later reschedules the match concerned.
    G48 Without prejudice to any other sanctions, which may be imposed for a breach ofRules, a Club failing to fulfil a fixture obligation in terms of Rules G5 and/or G46shall be liable to pay compensation for any expenses necessarily incurred by theopposing Club as a direct result of the failure. The amount of such compensationwill be at the discretion of the Board which will consider every such case on itsmerits.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Is there precedent for that? I'm not seeing that mentioned here:

Non-fulfilment of Fixture Obligations
    G46 No Club shall, unless the circumstances of the failure are outside the control of theClub concerned and could not have been reasonably foreseen and reasonablyanticipated and remedied prior to the match, fail to fulfil its fixture obligations inrespect of any League Match or Play-Off Match on and at the appointed or, as thecase may be, rescheduled date, time and venue.
    G47 For the purposes of Rules G5 and G46 a representation by a Club that it will not orintends not to fulfil a fixture obligation or that it will do so only subject to acondition or conditions which are or are found to be unacceptable to the Boardshall be deemed to be in breach of Rule G5 notwithstanding that the Board has ormay have rescheduled or later reschedules the match concerned.
    G48 Without prejudice to any other sanctions, which may be imposed for a breach ofRules, a Club failing to fulfil a fixture obligation in terms of Rules G5 and/or G46shall be liable to pay compensation for any expenses necessarily incurred by theopposing Club as a direct result of the failure. The amount of such compensationwill be at the discretion of the Board which will consider every such case on itsmerits.

Dear SFA,

Despite my status as a *particularly* successful businesswoman, I have run this project like a rank amateur. I even forgot to order the seats!

Couldn't have seen that coming!!

Free pass please.

Yours,
    Dr Ann Budge

P.s. You don't know any good electricians do you?

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Why does she get the moniker "Dr" on here?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    I stopped by in Mcleod Street about 4PM today. The piazza or what ever they call it and the Gorgie end exit are nearly complete but the Roseburn end has a good bit to go .

While I was there Doctor Budge emerged from the world class erection with 2 or 3 builder boss looking chappies.

Under her maroon hard hat she had a face like thunder so that might be an indication of progress inside or maybe she's just been told of more additional costs and the Gorgie coo's been milked dry.
    How on earth could you tell the difference from her normal face

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post

She got an honoury doctorate from the University of Dalry in recognition of her services to the revival of 1960's architecture

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    “Piazza”. 🤣

Talk about giving their mind a treat.

The only piazza’s round there will be cheese and tomato ones.
    Hey, with chips!!

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    She got an honoury doctorate from the University of Dalry in recognition of her services to the revival of 1960's architecture
    But of course - I must have missed the EEN souvenir special covering the ceremony :-)

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    I got the figures from the new stand planning application - stadium exiting statement.

That has, Wheatfield - 5918
    Roseburn - 3551
    Gorgie - 3340

That's 12,809 but if anyone fancies doing a dot count.
    Who knows what the real figures are they seem to be rather concocted for the new stand anyway. The Roseburn and Gorgie stands lost several rows of seats when they extended the pitch I think which seem to be the figures that the hearts webpage is using - hence the lower stand capacities.
    A dotcount would be interesting but I doubt any jambos will want to know the result. I suspect the total number of tickets available for sale will be about 1000 less than Easter Rd...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    Who knows what the real figures are they seem to be rather concocted for the new stand anyway. The Roseburn and Gorgie stands lost several rows of seats when they extended the pitch I think which seem to be the figures that the hearts webpage is using - hence the lower stand capacities.
    A dotcount would be interesting but I doubt any jambos will want to know the result. I suspect the total number of tickets available for sale will be about 1000 less than Easter Rd...
    They lost seats in the wheatfield when they put in the new temp tunnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Piazza. Are fans actually gonna chuck that into their every day chat do we think? I'll often txt my mate saying "get you at the club shop at 2.45pm", for example. Are they going to be on the lads whatsapp group spouting guff like "catch you on the piazza at the back of 2". What a bunch of fuds.

The interiors are looking world-class...and just a baw-hair from completion!!

I especially love that shade of 70s residential care home pink.
    This picture is obviously 'fake news' you can clearly see breeze blocks in the photo and we all know the mega stand doesn't employ such cheap and nasty materials.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This picture is obviously 'fake news' you can clearly see breeze blocks in the photo and we all know the mega stand doesn't employ such cheap and nasty materials.
    These are NOT breeze blocks. They're hearts blocks. They're like breeze blocks only much thicker.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Dear SFA,

Despite my status as a *particularly* successful businesswoman, I have run this project like a rank amateur. I even forgot to order the seats!

Couldn't have seen that coming!!

Free pass please.

Yours,
    Dr Ann Budge

P.s. You don't know any good electricians do you?
    I note that on kickback somebody has posed the question about contingency plans if the stand really were to fail its safety test ahead of the Partick game. No sign of anybody providing a response - presumably because there isn't a plan!

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I note that on kickback somebody has posed the question about contingency plans if the stand really were to fail its safety test ahead of the Partick game. No sign of anybody providing a response - presumably because there isn't a plan!
    Don't panic Pike.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

If Levein has been brought in earlier they would have only needed three stands.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post

She has received honorary degrees from universities that technically allow her to use the title of Dr.

It's customary that recipients of honorary doctorates don't actually use the title out of respect for those who worked for several years to earn the same qualification but Dr Budge has no such qualms.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    She has received honorary degrees from universities that technically allow her to use the title of Dr.

It's customary that recipients of honorary doctorates don't actually use the title out of respect for those who worked for several years to earn the same qualification but Dr Budge has no such qualms.
    Is it not phd level before you get to use the title?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Is it not phd level before you get to use the title?
    Indeed the Philosophiae Doctor (PhD) is a title granted after a period of study usually 3-4 years full time where you complete a research project and submit a thesis which makes an original contribution to knowledge. It's a hard slog for most people.

The honorary PhD's handed out by universities are largely now a marketing/publicity exercise, e.g. Swansea awarding one to Hilary Clinton to get a 30 second slot on the six o'clock news. Hilary will not be styling herself Dr Clinton, usually only narcissistic oddballs would actually use the title if they hadn't actually completed a real PhD programme.

There is a third way to 'achieve' the title and that is by what is effectively a correspondence course with a dodgy institution. A celebrated example would be Rev Dr Ian R K Paisley's award from that celebrated white supremacist institution the Bob Jones University. I think it cost him $50 and I assume the ceremonial graduation gown was full KKK regalia.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    Indeed the Philosophiae Doctor (PhD) is a title granted after a period of study usually 3-4 years full time where you complete a research project and submit a thesis which makes an original contribution to knowledge. It's a hard slog for most people.

The honorary PhD's handed out by universities are largely now a marketing/publicity exercise, e.g. Swansea awarding one to Hilary Clinton to get a 30 second slot on the six o'clock news. Hilary will not be styling herself Dr Clinton, usually only narcissistic oddballs would actually use the title if they hadn't actually completed a real PhD programme.

There is a third way to 'achieve' the title and that is by what is effectively a correspondence course with a dodgy institution. A celebrated example would be Rev Dr Ian R K Paisley's award from that celebrated white supremacist institution the Bob Jones University. I think it cost him $50 and I assume the ceremonial graduation gown was full KKK regalia.
    Yes you face a
    gruelling question session from experts. Imagine the Doc of Dalry being subjected to that!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Yes you face a
    gruelling question session from experts. Imagine the Doc of Dalry being subjected to that!
    Was the statement the other week not a thesis? Felt long enough.

Not her fault that the questioning hasn’t been up to scratch.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Ha ha
    Bet you regret not playing in front of 3 stands now

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Was the statement the other week not a thesis? Felt long enough.

Not her fault that the questioning hasn’t been up to scratch.
    Meanwhile back at the Piazza....

How is the final testing going, you know that one that takes 3 weeks prior to opening for the first game, they must be part of the way through it by now?

They have added a cheap looking car park barrier to the front.

Obviously couldn’t afford the retractable bollards.

I still don’t think it has full power yet - seems still temp lights inside.

Going to be hilarious if they can’t play the next game at the PBS.

They are desperate for it to be played as they don’t have an alternative.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post

From Wikipedia:

"Budge was awarded "Entrepreneur of the Year" by the Entrepreneurial Exchange in 2005 and was then inducted into the Entrepreneurial Exchange Hall of Fame in November 2013. She is listed as a role model by the Women's Engineering Society.
    Ann is an Honorary Graduate of Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh Napier University."

No offence, but are those REAL Universities? Surely they're just technical colleges for the sons and daughters of the artisan classes?

Not real universities.

And how can a woman think of studying engineering when most of them can't work out how the simple hinge that is the toilet seat works?