hibs.net Messageboard

Page 19 of 430 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spot the difference. Doesn't look very different to the photo taken before the Newcastle game ]
    World of difference! The excavators are parked in different places!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    Is the current pitch staying or are they laying another when the stand is finally complete?

That will depend upon the contents of the Cash Cow .

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Is the current pitch staying or are they laying another when the stand is finally complete?
    Was the pitch not originally going to be relaid on completion of the stand, but then brought forward to January/February this year(best time to lay turf???).
    If they've just laid a new pitch they're not going to do it again so soon,,,,surely?

Left by mutual consent!
    I hear they’re drafting in Anneka Rice to get it ready in time.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Was the pitch not originally going to be relaid on completion of the stand, but then brought forward to January/February this year(best time to lay turf???).
    If they've just laid a new pitch they're not going to do it again so soon,,,,surely?
    I'm sure AB said in one of her mamoth missives that it was being relaid early to help ensure the team got into Europe!!

The pitch was in a shocking state at the time remember.

Edit: In fact Sickback are crowing about how good their pitch looks - shame really.
    Last edited by Arch Stanton; 22-07-2017 at 05:51 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Or they just play in front of 3 stands
    The Falkirk model.

They should seek special dispensation to bring in purple heid Pete from Falkirk to help them acclimatise.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Great option, but there would be an uproar, if all season ticket holders couldn't get in!
    They could get Filled Rolls to write an open letter to Mrs Budge for them, making it clear that they mean business.

Another 2 pics from today. 48 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Was the pitch not originally going to be relaof id on completion of the stand, but then brought forward to January/February this year(best time to lay turf???).
    what I hear is that the planned replacing of the pitch plus undersoil drainage which was meant to be done this summer will now be delayed due to having to lay a new lawn in February. Also to save money from the overspend. Will be interesting to see what the surface is like come winter as the problem is the drainage at the Roseburn end due to a lack of slope.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    They could get Filled Rolls to write an open letter to Mrs Budge for them, making it clear that they mean business.
    Whatever happened to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post
    what I hear is that the planned replacing of the pitch plus undersoil drainage which was meant to be done this summer will now be delayed due to having to lay a new lawn in February. Also to save money from the overspend. Will be interesting to see what the surface is like come winter as the problem is the drainage at the Roseburn end due to a lack of slope.
    Shirley they'll want to keep the bad drainage in case they ever need to postpone a game against us or the fixture immediately before us?

Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    Miss his yambaiting. He and Phil Anderton's Eyebrows were the best at it.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Or, just as important 202 days gone ( the project got underway at the beginning of the year IIRC )

Also, I see that last week they applied and got a temporary occupation certificate to use the Wheatfield Stand undercroft for the Newcastle game which expired after 24 hours. They have not bothered with one for East Fife so, for today's game, they really should be changing behind the goals.
    The east was knocked down at the end of Feb 2010 and finished by end of July 2010. We just knocked the old east down and got on with it. They would have probably been quicker doing that too, unlike their shan imitation Anfield half arsed copy job.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Match reporter at *********** today on Sportsound said it would be stretch to open stand on time.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Match reporter at *********** today on Sportsound said it would be stretch to open stand on time.
    Sportsound reporter also said that workmen had been on site just prior to kick-off. No wonder it's going over budget if they are having to pay overtime labour rates.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

sorely missed :(

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

Interesting thing in these pics is the line of the temporary fence . Its exactly in line with the centre of the vertical columns that support the girder truss. Looking at the architect's sectional drawings that are part of their planning application , that is the line that will be the front of the new stand.
    That'll be about 4 feet between the front row Yams and the linesman if they leave the pitch width as it is.

According to the architects drawing there will be a 5 metre gap between the front of the stand and the pitch line.

I think the Tynie pitch is to get , well ,Tiny-er.

You must admit, it's good to see the end of the UKs largest death trap. And it was.

I've already pointed out tho that the new tin shed is in the same ugly fxxxxxn model as the other three trampy stands and therefore is a hideous wreck of a build. Shame on you Geo Fouk*s... You big nosed councillor cant!
    Last edited by BullsCloseHibs; 22-07-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Left by mutual consent!

Surely it'll no take 48 days to pull the tarpaulin over that ?. They should never have brought a new stand from 'ARGOS' - brochures claim their 'Outdoor furniture is easiy assembled' but never is !

It's really two buildings. The stand which looks the same as the other three and not very impressive and a fairly big office building on the back.
    Depending on what they use the building on the back for, it might be a good earner for them but the actual new stand is pretty average looking.

I drove past last night and had my first look at the glass facade on the front. First thing that popped into my head was Wernham Hogg. I had visions of the players throwing Cathro's shoes over the roof after the christmas party. No one does tacky quite like our maroon chums.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    I don't think it is in doubt that what they are building will be a 100% improvement on what was there but what gets on my goat is that it seems that every one else, including their own fans when it opens late, are being affected with the build.

Whether it's not complying with building standard procedure, not fulfilling planning condition requirements, fixture upheaval to the league and the inevitable re-housing of their own fans for bought ST's to the new stand, all for the sake of an over ambitious programme for an over budgeted stand in order for them to try and maximise income revenue as it appears they couldn't afford it in the 1st place.

They should've been made to play in front of 3 stands like every other club had to do during the redevelopment era.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Used to be a rule that you had to play all the round matches at the same home venue. I'm presuming if the stand isn't ready for the Dons home game, there options are to play at home with a reduced capacity, or ask Aberdeen to switch it. I was surprised TV hasn't asked to cover this game, at a sell out Tynecastle��, but maybe Hearts couldn't give them assurances, that it would be ready in time!
    Definitely this, in 2004-05 newly promoted Inverness had to play their first home match against the other 11 clubs at their ground share venue of Pittodrie in Aberdeen while the "improvements" were made to Caldonian Stadium. As these were basically putting up 2 Mecanno stands at each end this meant that even at a leisurely pace this was ready by October/November but they couldn't move home until about the January if I recall, just so they'd played everyone once at the same venue

Hibs played them at Pittodrie in the Sept in front of 2011 fans (winning 2-1) and again in Inverness in March in front of 4443, a dire 3-0 defeat (a really good Hibs team as well) which pretty much set the template for future trips there.

And unsurpringly Inverness got their highest ever home league attendance of 9530 in the October which was vs.... Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

That would be SPL rules as opposed to SPFL rules...which will be made up as they go along....

Interesting thing in these pics is the line of the temporary fence . Its exactly in line with the centre of the vertical columns that support the girder truss. Looking at the architect's sectional drawings that are part of their planning application , that is the line that will be the front of the new stand.
    That'll be about 4 feet between the front row Yams and the linesman if they leave the pitch width as it is.

According to the architects drawing there will be a 5 metre gap between the front of the stand and the pitch line.

This post of yours is causing them to go frantic over on Sickback - they think you are baffling us hibbies with science.

I have to say that I do not find your post the least bit baffling. Mind you, I do have a rudimentary understanding of rectangles which they perhaps lack.

You must be wrong mate ...... the stand side touchline would have to be redrawn about a metre from the edge of the 18 yard box

With under 7 weeks to go, here is what they have accomplished in the last 7 weeks.
    Basically they have knocked down the old stand and done some glazing. Very little new steel work and no concrete steps.
    Think they might have to pick up the pace.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

I would put too much credence on the architectsdrawings . Maybe he went to the same school as the artist.

Has it been confirmed what the capacity will actually be once the greenhouse is finished

Left by mutual consent!
    He got married. I don't know him at all, just heard that from a friend.

Has it been confirmed what the capacity will actually be once the greenhouse is finished
    As Toyah would say, it'th a mythtery.