hibs.net Messageboard

Page 185 of 430 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,550 of 12885
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Ann is determined to get the game on," he said. "When she is determined about something, it usually happens.

Seems like she must be determined to have more games played at the egg-chasers ground then.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    "Ann is determined to get the game on," he said. "When she is determined about something, it usually happens.

Seems like she must be determined to have more games played at the egg-chasers ground then.

Being determined didn't get her seats in an quicker!

Left by mutual consent!
    Here comes the bull****.

Potter softening them up for the announcement with some classic doublespeak. 'It will be ready because Anne is determined but it might not be ready although it will be sort of ready but not in the timeframe we previously stated, in short, it will be ready but not ready yet

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

In a low interest rate economy Ann was determined to get a better than the average average 1% interest rate for her money.

She got it

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

Tough, they should be told to play with three stand if necessary, until the new stand is ready. That will make them get a move on. We all knew they would try to rip the erse out of the situation.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    Potter softening them up for the announcement with some classic doublespeak. 'It will be ready because Anne is determined but it might not be ready although it will be sort of ready but not in the timeframe we previously stated, in short, it will be ready but not ready yet
    So we're talking almost nearly then.

Yamspeak

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Tough, they should be told to play with three stand if necessary, until the new stand is ready. That will make them get a move on. We all knew they would try to rip the erse out of the situation.
    It's ridiculous. Think about Kilmarnock. It's 2 weeks away and they don't even know if they've got a game. The SPFL should be stepping in and getting them to make a decision on this.

Testimonial Due
    With 17 days to go the semi-fornal announcement. They are basically saying the new target date is 19th for Thistle game even if everything is not ready!
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 19-10-2017 at 10:33 AM.

"Hearts had set a date of early September for playing matches at Tynecastle but were forced to play recent fixtures at Murrayfield after a delay in building work."

Why do journos always give them an easy ride?

Why don't they get held up to ridicule as most other teams do?

With 400,000 fans to cater for they will have sold every seat in the new stand for the opening match.
    Even if all the seats are in place surley the lack of internal fittings will stop this from happening any time soon.

9th September

5th November
    ...............tbc
    Last edited by seanshow; 19-10-2017 at 10:38 AM.

"Hearts' return to Tynecastle faces potential delay"

No ****, Sherlock.

I don't think there will be a delay - in fact I don't believe there has been any delay at all. Morganleith on here said so.

Murrayfield it is then. At the end of the day they should just have asked for all their games this season to be played at Murrayfield like the Tottingham Hotspurs did with Wembley and that would have been an end to it ... they could have jigged their fixtures around the rugby.

I know folk are complaining about that possibly giving them extra income, but Spurs are more than doubling their average crowds at Wembley compared to White Heart Lane and I cant recall hearing a peep of complaint from their rivals about it. I cant say it bothers me, every extra penny the Yams make will be swallowed up in rental fees for Murrayfield and deep fat fryers and Windowlene for the Gorgie Taj Mahal.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 19-10-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Murrayfield it is then. At the end of the day they should just have asked for all their games this season to be played at Murrayfield like the Tottingham Hotspurs did with Wembley and that would have been an end to it ... they could have jigged their fixtures around the rugby.

I know folk are complaining about that possibly giving them extra income, but Spurs are more than doubling their average crowds at Wembley compared to White Heart Lane and I cant recall hearing a peep of complaint from their rivals about it. I cant say it bothers me, every extra penny the Yams make will be swallowed up in rental fees for Murrayfield and deep fat fryers and Windowlene for the Gorgie Taj Mahal.
    Tbf you're comparing apples and oranges.

Spurs are a world class professional organisation, Hearts are prolific liars, thieves and cheats.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar

White Hart please!
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Left by mutual consent!

Is Wembley double the size of Spurs' new stadium?

I think most teams in the EPL don't have to worry about finance the way Scottish teams do. A short sharp increase in capacity will not have the same impact on their overall income in the same way it will help Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    No ... but its more than double the size of the old one, which means Spurs are still making more money than they would if they had played in front of a half finished White Hart Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    White Hart please!
    Whoops .... apologies to Spurs fans for my schoolboy error

Left by mutual consent!
    No ... but its more than double the size of the old one, which means Spurs are still making more money than they would if they had played in front of a half finished White Hart Lane.
    But they are spending hundreds of millions expanding their stadium. They set their intentions out clear as day before doing so too. Hearts are ripping the piss, picking and choosing what games to play at Murrayfield whilst gambling the stand will be ready to play the Diddy sides with no support. In fact if they struck a deal to play there the whole season it wouldn't have been that bad but they knew they would lose season ticket holders this season so didnt. They have been sleekit as **** at everything they have done during this "project" and it continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I think most teams in the EPL don't have to worry about finance the way Scottish teams do. A short sharp increase in capacity will not have the same impact on their overall income in the same way it will help Hearts.
    I know that. But unfortunately the SPFL don't see it as part of their remit to keep all the clubs in Scotland on a level playing field financially, if they did we wouldn't get the ugly sisters carve up all the time. At the end of the day if this wasn't Hearts I doubt we would be making such a big deal of it. I know its nauseating to see that bunch of cheats and swindlers making money out of this situation, buy hey whatchagonnado

Left by mutual consent!
    I know that. But unfortunately the SPFL don't see it as part of their remit to keep all the clubs in Scotland on a level playing field financially, if they did we wouldn't get the ugly sisters carve up all the time. At the end of the day if this wasn't Hearts I doubt we would be making such a big deal of it. I know its nauseating to see that bunch of cheats and swindlers making money out of this situation, buy hey whatchagonnado
    Good point about it being Hearts but then you have to differentiate Hearts the club our city rivals and Hearts the club that have past history of being conning ****s. If it was another club with similar backgrounds as they have over the par 15 years then I would feel the same.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    No. Wembley holds 90k and the new stadium 61k

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Looking slick...

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    They're not half getting worked up about it now though. Why are they going on about the biggest glass curtain wall in Scottish football (also the smallest btw) if nobody's going to care about it?

brilliant!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    We can just paint new white lines if we ever want the pitch to be closer to the stands.

Bit cheaper than having to build a whole new stadium!

Should that not be plan C?

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Looking slick...

Now all we need is a slow zoom out, you know, to show the sheer scale of this magnificent edifice

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.