hibs.net Messageboard

Page 177 of 430 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,310 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you still not expect a 21st Century structure of this nature to allow the pundits a view of the pitch?
    "I have a dream - in the future everything will be virtual, no need for goalposts, pitches and everything else that has a negative impact on the Gorgie vision"

Father Dougal, a man before his time, Or so they were told anyway.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I have shown them the photo. Head in sand. It's modern and it's what big clubs do apparently.
    Fruits.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Www1875hfc View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I actually quite like the idea of the mosaic crest..but whoever has produced it doesn't seem to have much off a clue what the actual hearts crest looks like !
    This is the actual official badge as used on hearts own website.. a few things to note.

1) The bit in the middle is a pretty poor attempt at a football and to match the badge should be a round area of cross bricks, surrounded by one layer of extra bricks on end.

2) On the actual badge the next layer is three rows of actual grey bricks with maroon grout. On the mosaic they have chosen to use 8 rows of white and black bricks.

3) On the badge the next layer that fills in the heart shape is maroon. Hearts obviously couldn't afford to have maroon bricks made, so have just gone for standard bricks that are brown/black (jobbies don't show on a hearts strip)

4) The blue and white radiating bands are much thicker on the real badge than on the mosaic.

5) The next layer on the real badge is Grey bricks with maroon grout. On the mosaic they are white bricks with a train track design of black bricks.

6) On the final layer on the real badge is a weird skin tone border. They have got the weird colour spot on..well done..but it is much thicker than on the real badge and is out of proportion.

7) they have then added an extra grey level (to match the drab hoofball they play) I guess this was just to prove that they did actually have access to grey bricks, but just chose to use them in the wrong place.

Other than that it's great :)

Last edited by worcesterhibby; 13-10-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Fruits.
    Indeed.

I would get it if they were producing a decent end product but it seems like things are being added here and there as they go along.

It’s all quite funny!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    A couple of brokebackers with a restricted view of the world.

Just had a very interesting conversation with a Hibs official. Did you know that the offices that are within the main and away stands at Easter Road are owned by a private company, not Hibs themselves? So there are parts of that ground that don't even belong to the club?

I was was shocked to hear that. The person who told me was actually quite angry that the Hibs charity (The Hibs foundation) have to PAY a private company to have a base at Easter Road. They then went on to compare our new stand, where we have gifted an area to the Big Hearts charity free of charge (obviously).

So the next time a daft Hibby talks of our new 'office block', just tell them at least those offices are ours...and we don't charge our own charity to use them!!

Anyway, just a random wee bit trivia that'll make no odds to most of you no doubt. Just thought it was interesting
    Regardless of the set-up of who owns what (HFC, HFC Holdings, etc.), the club owns the stadium and East Mains - as shown in the audited company accounts. When the loans etc. were restructured, the football club were left with a debt of £5m, to be repaid (interest free) over 5 years. At the same time, new shares were created specifically to be sold to fans with the money going directly to the club (and not HFC Holdings). If and when all these shares are eventually bought, this effectively represents STF/RP gifting half the club to the fans.

Correct.
    In the early 1990s, Hibs didn't have office space of their own for their Admin staff and rented the spare office space in my company's building, which was situated over the road from their stadium.
    We gouged those ******* with extortionate rents for years until they built the first of their new stands and moved out.
    Hibs rented 1st floor office space from Metropress with the 50 Club (does that still exist?) renting the basement. Obviously Metro didn't "gouge us *******" enough since they went down the tubes in 2012. I wonder if 'Cade' who posted this will be as chuffed with himself when I speak to Derek Robinson, a pal of mine. who would have been his boss. I remember he was happy when Hibs moved out because he immediately expanded his offices.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 13-10-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Nearly done!

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

Regardless of the set-up of who owns what (HFC, HFC Holdings, etc.), the club owns the stadium and East Mains - as shown in the audited company accounts. When the loans etc. were restructured, the football club were left with a debt of £5m, to be repaid (interest free) over 5 years. At the same time, new shares were created specifically to be sold to fans with the money going directly to the club (and not HFC Holdings). If and when all these shares are eventually bought, this effectively represents STF/RP gifting half the club to the fans.

Hibs rented 1st floor office space from Metropress with the 50 Club (does that still exist?) renting the basement. Obviously Metro didn't "gouge us *******" enough since they went down the tubes in 2012. I wonder if 'Cade' who posted this will be as chuffed with himself when I speak to Derek Robinson, a pal of mine. who would have been his boss. I remember he was happy when Hibs moved out because he immediately expanded his offices.
    Pesky facts. It's a pity the average yam doesn't check out anything. In fact how did they cook this tale up without Mrs Budge writing a statement?

Guess they're always going to struggle with the audited and certified accounts bit
    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

It has to be said inventing conversations with imaginary Hibs officials is pretty desperate stuff. They did something similar with a £25m debt for our parent company a few years back - easily proven to be rubbish. As Peevemor says, Hibernian Football cub owns the entirety of both the stadium and the training centre. The only rent we pay is for the ticket office (a separate building) from the holding company for £24,000 per annum. By comparison Hearts pay £288,000 rent per annum on non-cancellable leases - that's a future commitment of over £3m. Our charity pays no rent for any of the properties owned by the club or the holding company.

And we have never failed to pay any charity the amount we owed them.

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    I actually quite like the idea of the mosaic crest..but whoever has produced it doesn't seem to have much off a clue what the actual hearts crest looks like !
    This is the actual official badge as used on hearts own website.. a few things to note.

1) The bit in the middle is a pretty poor attempt at a football and to match the badge should be a round area of cross bricks, surrounded by one layer of extra bricks on end.

2) On the actual badge the next layer is three rows of actual grey bricks with maroon grout. On the mosaic they have chosen to use 8 rows of white and black bricks.

3) On the badge the next layer that fills in the heart shape is maroon. Hearts obviously couldn't afford to have maroon bricks made, so have just gone for standard bricks that are brown/black (jobbies don't show on a hearts strip)

4) The blue and white radiating bands are much thicker on the real badge than on the mosaic.

5) The next layer on the real badge is Grey bricks with maroon grout. On the mosaic they are white bricks with a train track design of black bricks.

6) On the final layer on the real badge is a weird skin tone border. They have got the weird colour spot on..well done..but it is much thicker than on the real badge and is out of proportion.

7) they have then added an extra grey level (to match the drab hoofball they play) I guess this was just to prove that they did actually have access to grey bricks, but just chose to use them in the wrong place.

Other than that it's great :)

They also appear to have forgotten 4 Letters and a Year... but like you say, other than that it is great. TBH, I am surprised they didn't chore the one out of the High Street.

Left by mutual consent!
    The badge actually looks no bad. That's the only half decent thing they have gotten alright out the whole construction.

First Team Breakthrough

Re Big Hearts Foundation - Pre new build, they used to have a couple of desks in the main office area for Tynecastle. Just before administration hit, the club (desperate for cash) then decided to charge 'rent' for this desk space. The club charged the Big Hearts Foundation £36,000 for back dated unpaid rent. Guess how much was in the BHF bank account at the time - £36,000. The BHF had to strip back what they were doing and several youth workers lost hours because of this. BHF do excellent work and I was doing some partnership work with at the time.

BHF were also one of the creditors on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    The badge actually looks no bad. That's the only half decent thing they have gotten alright out the whole construction.
    It's the only thing that'll be finished on (revised) time too.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's the only thing that'll be finished on (revised) time too.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by NGP View Post

Re Big Hearts Foundation - Pre new build, they used to have a couple of desks in the main office area for Tynecastle. Just before administration hit, the club (desperate for cash) then decided to charge 'rent' for this desk space. The club charged the Big Hearts Foundation £36,000 for back dated unpaid rent. Guess how much was in the BHF bank account at the time - £36,000. The BHF had to strip back what they were doing and several youth workers lost hours because of this. BHF do excellent work and I was doing some partnership work with at the time.

BHF were also one of the creditors on the list.
    Correct. Facts. Thieves.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough NZ Green's Avatar
    The thinning of the white and blue line must really niggle a few Hearts fans, it even annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post

It does look pretty good. Canny wait to hoick up a huge greaser and flob it out, dead centre.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    It does look pretty good. Canny wait to hoick up a huge greaser and flob it out, dead centre.
    Same here 😂

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Elvis Costello seats!. Brilliant
    I don't get the EC reference
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I don't get the EC reference
    Behind the Polis Box.... Watching the Detectives.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    Behind the Polis Box.... Watching the Detectives.
    Thanks. I'm so slow.

Testimonial Due
    Nearly done!

3 weeks to go. 21 days.

Seen these on twitter.
    Plenty room eh ?

Jeezo, perhaps the Jambos will be selling diet plan books & DVD's in the club shop ... looking at that bottom picture there should be a big demand. They should sell the stand naming rights to John West, I think they sell Sardines

As for the badge .... the Hertz have one of the better badges in football and it would be churlish to deny it, the monoblock reconstruction does look pretty smart, even if they appear to have left out a good bit of detail. In fact, its so close to its inspiration on the Royal Mile they are gonna' need one of those lorry sized hoovers the council use to sook up all the gobs the next time we play a semi there ... one sheet will not do plenty
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 13-10-2017 at 03:26 PM.

I was passing today and if there's not a statement in the next few days announcing another game or 2 at Murrayfield I'd be surprised.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Nearly done!

If that's from today I'm amazed how far away they still are from getting this thing finished. 'Revised deadlines' or not, when you're granted an extra two months to finish a stand that was due to be ready in September yet find yourselves so far from completion at this late stage is a shambolic state of affairs.

You get a sore arse and back after doing that for just 10 minutes so imagine what 90 minutes sitting in that stand will be like. At least when you're on your kid's school chair there's not usually another parent jammed up against you, but here it'll be like being stuck in a shrunken version of the middle seat of a aeroplane row. Seriously, some larger fans simply won't be able to squeeze in to those seats. Even fans of more moderate proportions will be sitting with their hands forced down between their legs there's so little room on either side.

I am genuinely amazed there's no regulatory/safety procedure to be followed here when it comes to leg room/space between seats. I didn't realise you could just jam as many seats as close together as possible to increase capacity.
    Have you ever been to Kilmarnock? Packed in like sardines you are. Annoying when the stadium is rarely above 20% of its capacity.

Or even worse at Dundee United in the old part used for visiting support. You need to be a midget, preferably without legs to sit there with any comfort.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    If that's from today I'm amazed how far away they still are from getting this thing finished. 'Revised deadlines' or not, when you're granted an extra two months to finish a stand that was due to be ready in September yet find yourselves so far from completion at this late stage is a shambolic state of affairs.
    Thereagain it's hardly suprising progress is slow - they already admitted their funds fell short. It's not like they could get the whole thing finished and then tell their suppliers and builders that, oh eck we're a few million short but you'll get paid eventually.

If they've only %75 of the funds then only %75 of the stand will be built. It seems likely that nothing is being built or supplied unless the money is paid upfront. And if all their money is spent then they will be relying on DD income from FOH and, oh yes, money from 14k Rangers fans (as and when they get around to passing the money on, that is).

Hard times in old Gorgie, hard times.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    It is interesting that they have made progress in fitting the seat holding rails but little in actually fitting the seats. Almost as if there is a shortage of seats. Surely not .........

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    You could not make this up and i quote from over there

"
    Plans look straight forward. Either side of the inner most support for the pylon is a big space under the Saltire supports. In other words, a big vertical triangle to sit under. The view won't be great but you don't need to see out the window when you have cameras everywhere. I suspect they'll rely on their monitors as well as their limited views from the two windows.

Behind the presenters will be a nice view of the Wheatfield.

Will maybe block a few seats in the Roseburn from seeing the dugouts but that's maybe about it. Most away teams don't sell those seats anyway. "

You don't need to see out the window !
    Yeah, media-employees just love 3rd-rate, cramped conditions and that's usually reflected in their coverage/presentation - could be the start of a new media-era for the PBS with honesty being the norm rather then a one-off - I.E. 'Atmospheric' being replaced with the far more accurate 'Library' ................................

Is that a chip on the mosaic already or is it a bit of debris or a problem with the Photo

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    It is interesting that they have made progress in fitting the seat holding rails but little in actually fitting the seats. Almost as if there is a shortage of seats. Surely not .........
    It'll be interesting to see how quickly they fit the rails to the, as yet, unfinished concrete steps given that they're not pre-drilled.