hibs.net Messageboard

Page 176 of 430 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,280 of 12885
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was that what they were promised?

That's a trade description job if ever I saw one
    It was it joke. That's an actual sky bar in Bread Street, Edinburgh!
    Last edited by Jack; 13-10-2017 at 07:14 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Hertz have now submitted a last minute planning application to restore some symmetry to the ground, by sticking a TV box on the other end of the main stand at the Roseburn end

Yet another blunder, with a planning application for this submitted over a month after the target opening date.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    Hertz have now submitted a last minute planning application to restore some symmetry to the ground, by sticking a TV box on the other end of the main stand at the Roseburn end

Yet another blunder, with a planning application for this submitted over a month after the target opening date.

It would make more sense if this was the new Police Control room.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    It would make more sense if this was the new Police Control room.
    'Proposed media room to serve camera platform for televising games' is the description on the planning application - looks like they're now going to have 2 awkwardly positioned boxes rather than just the one!

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar

Looks strange - it would need to be wafer thin to go beween the pylon and the Roseburn. I assume that is some kind of tech drawing convention and it is really the other side of the pylon - above the fabled tunnel in other words.

'Proposed media room to serve camera platform for televising games' is the description on the planning application - looks like they're now going to have 2 awkwardly positioned boxes rather than just the one!
    From the looks of it there will be a few seats behind that with restricted views as well, they will struggle to see the goals.... Imagine if you'd already bought season tickets for those seats and they decided to put a big box in front of you!

Also, the TV studio is going to have the corner pylon right through the middle of it...

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    On Saturday it will be 3 weeks till the official opening day.

I really cant see any issues whatsoever from the pictures we have seen already -

Last bit of seating rails and roof installed
    Seats installed
    Handrails and safety features installed
    Non-slip surface installed to flooring
    Internal fit complete including toilets and food service
    TV facilities including gantry, commentary positions etc, electrical and broadband tested
    Access "piazza" complete and safe to use
    Tunstiles complete and tested
    Dressing rooms and player facilities complete
    Snagging complete
    Safety certificate signed off

Three weeks to complete this stuff and its Edinburgh schools half term next week which means some of the workers might be off off for a few days.

Even the jambo on this weeks Monday Night Fitba podcast was suggesting it wont be ready for the killie match and they would play this one at Murrayfield.

Shambles of a club

Quote Originally Posted by crabis View Post
    Looks strange - it would need to be wafer thin to go beween the pylon and the Roseburn. I assume that is some kind of tech drawing convention and it is really the other side of the pylon - above the fabled tunnel in other words.
    Here's the floor plan.
    Attached Images Attached Images

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Unique, magnificent, innovative, futuristic, another world first by the look of it. It's going to be called the TV Plaza or the pitch view lounge I would imagine.

The rest of us can only look on in awe at this last minute show stealer, who else would have thought of having a place to put the TV stuff in and put a floor, roof and four walls on it? They're probably going to take design to another level and put glass in the viewing space.

This is bound to increase the capacity by 4 or 5 as well. "Hold the front page" has already been called out at the EEN.
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 13-10-2017 at 07:47 AM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar

Seen these on twitter.
    Plenty room eh ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    Here's the floor plan.
    This is brilliant! The diagonal "saltire" steel bracing is bang in the middle of the studio. Not only will they have to mind their heads when they're walking about, but the camera will have to be positioned in exactly the right place to avois being blocked by the steelwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Www1875hfc View Post

Seen these on twitter.
    Plenty room eh ?

So its kids in the seats at the front and adults sit on the benches that are already in place at the back, right? If so they've finished the seating before the latest deadline.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This is brilliant! The diagonal "saltire" steel bracing is bang in the middle of the studio. Not only will they have to mind their heads when they're walking about, but the camera will have to be positioned in exactly the right place to avois being blocked by the steelwork.
    Was it old Parkhead where pillars used to feature prominently in televised highlights?

It's what big clubs did.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    A Jambo mate of mine told me they were reducing the size of the Police Control Box and making it level with the floodlight pylon.
    I asked a mate of mines that the other day, he said they're doing it at the end of the season.

Testimonial Due
    That's going to be some squeeze if a few similarly sized folks are sitting alongside each other. Anybody overweight is going to have serious problems - although, to be fair, that's the same in any stadium.

I'm sure they won't mind squeezing up close though.

I'm most interested in how the seating design with those fittings and the rail that they're attached to hold up. Doesn't look very substantial especially when there will be a fair number of hefty punters jumping up and down to hurl abuse at the team on the park. As for the tape covering those joints, well, I imagine we all have high expectations for that!

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Www1875hfc View Post

Seen these on twitter.
    Plenty room eh ?

Bit of a variation between the Yam Badge and the Plaza bricks.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=he...3mqFPDMvFho-M:

I wonder if those coloured bricks are frost-proof .

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Bit of a variation between the Yam Badge and the Plaza bricks.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=he...3mqFPDMvFho-M:

I wonder if those coloured bricks are frost-proof .
    What an opportunity to sell more tat to the givers that revolutionary new badge design is

Are they going to do anything accurately at any stage of this shambles? Great viewing though.

The bricks are bound to be the finest quality, remember this whole project is "supervised".

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due
    Surely they're just retro-fitting pink to the badge in order to explain the copious pinkage in the ground.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    A Jambo mate of mine told me they were reducing the size of the Police Control Box and making it level with the floodlight pylon.

Of course they are.

Conventional wisdom would suggest that you move the police box first, so you don't have to build your new stand around the shape of the old one. But the clever Yams reject such 'group think'.

Truly they are in a class of their own.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    Here's the floor plan.
    Drs Budge has submitted that plan herself. "High" is spelled h e i g .

You could not make this up and i quote from over there

"
    Plans look straight forward. Either side of the inner most support for the pylon is a big space under the Saltire supports. In other words, a big vertical triangle to sit under. The view won't be great but you don't need to see out the window when you have cameras everywhere. I suspect they'll rely on their monitors as well as their limited views from the two windows.

Behind the presenters will be a nice view of the Wheatfield.

Will maybe block a few seats in the Roseburn from seeing the dugouts but that's maybe about it. Most away teams don't sell those seats anyway. "

You don't need to see out the window !

Look at that... just look at that jelous Hobos. Get it right up you's. Scotland's first ever tv box. The tears are flowing knowing what we've achieved. We are the Heart and soul of Edinburgh and this wonder structure to add to our mega stand has cemented our place as the big team. Believe.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Different times maybe with a less robust attitude to H&S, but Dundee Utd had their main stand open for games before completion 😯 (1962)

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Different times maybe with a less robust attitude to H&S, but Dundee Utd had their main stand open for games before completion 😯 (1962)

Where did they put the chip fryers?

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Where did they put the chip fryers?
    Hearts hadn't discovered the potato yet, therefore chips were just a futuristic dream.

Do keep up, didn't you read Mrs Budges big announcements about fried potatoes

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

Is that for real? How did they get the fans up there? Using a ladder?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    You could not make this up and i quote from over there

"
    Plans look straight forward. Either side of the inner most support for the pylon is a big space under the Saltire supports. In other words, a big vertical triangle to sit under. The view won't be great but you don't need to see out the window when you have cameras everywhere. I suspect they'll rely on their monitors as well as their limited views from the two windows.

Behind the presenters will be a nice view of the Wheatfield.

Will maybe block a few seats in the Roseburn from seeing the dugouts but that's maybe about it. Most away teams don't sell those seats anyway. "

You don't need to see out the window !
    Mind-boggling stuff. A live broadcast team at a stadium where they can't see the pitch?! They'd be as well staying in the studio.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Mind-boggling stuff. A live broadcast team at a stadium where they can't see the pitch?! They'd be as well staying in the studio.
    It is the place where the pundits sit and give their expert analysis. The plan shows a desk and 2 chairs with their back to the window and a camera between the lattice of the floodlights pylon.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 10.56.30.jpg Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 10.55.41.jpg

Some nice gaps between stairs and dugout.

The picture on the right is the new tunnel for the new stand - single file like most UEFA compliant stadiums - Tiny for Tiny

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    It is the place where the pundits sit and give their expert analysis. The plan shows a desk and 2 chairs with their back to the window and a camera between the lattice of the floodlights pylon.
    Would you still not expect a 21st Century structure of this nature to allow the pundits a view of the pitch?