hibs.net Messageboard

Page 172 of 430 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,160 of 12885
    Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lifted from Kickback:

"Its still a dump to me - I rarely go but took my daughter to the ICT semi final there and it was a soulless wasteland. The spaces between the stands kill any atmosphere".

I recall watching that game on telly and the guy is right, it did seem soulless with no atmosphere. Mind, when you cant sell all your tickets and you are part of a group of fans who cant generate an atmosphere inside their own ground, never mind anybody elses, I'm not sure why he was surprised.
    Still, its easier to blame the gaps between the stands eh

This is exactly why even though their ground is quoted as the most atmospheric in Scotland the actual Hearts fans never get mentioned in the same breath ...... they are so absorbed in how 'atmospheric' their stadium is they forget that its not because of them, as proved by the fact that nobody ever mentions them as a great home or away support.
    Hmm was this their first semi final against ICT when the entire upper tier of the West was unopened or the second one(when they got beat by 9 men) when the entire South upper tier remained closed after zero, nada ticket sales? Two weekend semi finals in their own city with thousands of unsold tickets. And then they question the atmosphere?
    Sure Tynecastle is bouncing when stands are half empty and the other half contains cardigan wearing jambos.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Loads of atmosphere that game when the tattooed freak was high fiveing fans at corners with minutes to go.
    And plenty of atmosphere in the Inverness end as their nine men force the tie into extra time then win on pens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjbjctH2sMo

I'd forgotten what a vile specimen Jamie Hamill is.

Highly amusing to see Lockie & co all thinking they're into the final before it all falls apart...

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Hmm was this their first semi final against ICT when the entire upper tier of the West was unopened or the second one(when they got beat by 9 men) when the entire South upper tier remained closed after zero, nada ticket sales? Two weekend semi finals in their own city with thousands of unsold tickets. And then they question the atmosphere?
    Sure Tynecastle is bouncing when stands are half empty and the other half contains cardigan wearing jambos.

BBC reports there was 12,762 at the game, not many 60% full stadiums have a good atmosphere especially when you’ve got 2 such quiet fan bases anyway.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    And plenty of atmosphere in the Inverness end as their nine men force the tie into extra time then win on pens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjbjctH2sMo

I'd forgotten what a vile specimen Jamie Hamill is.

Highly amusing to see Lockie & co all thinking they're into the final before it all falls apart...
    Hadn't seen that before now. Very entertaining 9 mins

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Loads of atmosphere that game when the tattooed freak was high sixing fans at corners with minutes to go.
    correction

I love Bandersons report on the new 7290 capacity main stand taking the to Tiny Park to over 20K. Lies lies lies blatant lies. With more than 100 restricted view seats capacity will be less than 20K. Keep stringing them along

Edit: just stabbed the hornets nest on Social media! Wonder how long before I get a bite!!

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    They will probably count all the seats in the 70s office block too.

That shower will be counting their toilet seats anaw, such is the extent of their wee man complex.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    You lot have got it all wrong, I took this picture on Saturday night. I think this picture shows that we’re all wrong and they have indeed built a stand that we can only dream about building.
    5F580F98-2776-4EB3-B204-62E15348DE5F.jpg
    Stunning, I think we can all agree.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    From Keeckback

10 hours ago, obua said:
    Your quite the expert what field of building are you in,you forgot to mention hundreds of sheets of fire board on 3 levels(re this pic)not to mention toilets,kiosks,all signage just for starters.

So reading between the lines of Obua’s reply here, I take it those actually working on the project don’t believe it will be ready on time. If those on site aren’t confident, I will put myself firmly in the ‘pessimist’ category unfortunately

And they think it will be finished in time ?
    The guys right, that SPS metal seat decking has no fire-break rating and the Green Guide on stadium safety requires a minimum of 30 minutes fire resistance.

This could be achieved by either coating the entire underside of the metal decking with 2 coats fire-******ant paint or fitting fire board to the underside.

The details will be found on the Yam Stand's Building Warrant drawings.

Oops, I forgot, they ain't got a building warrant yet.

I see the post police ban proper words in case they offend. fire-resistant paint then.
    Last edited by greenginger; 11-10-2017 at 05:57 PM.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    The guys right, that SPS metal seat decking has no fire-break rating and the Green Guide on stadium safety requires a minimum of 30 minutes fire resistance.

This could be achieved by either coating the entire underside of the metal decking with 2 coats fire-******ant paint or fitting fire board to the underside.

The details will be found on the Yam Stand's Building Warrant drawings.

Oops, I forgot, they ain't got a building warrant yet.

I see the post police ban proper words in case they offend. fire-resistant paint then.
    I wondered what you could have possibly written that would be censored, then I worked it out. I’m not one

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I love Bandersons report on the new 7290 capacity main stand taking the to Tiny Park to over 20K. Lies lies lies blatant lies. With more than 100 restricted view seats capacity will be less than 20K. Keep stringing them along

Edit: just stabbed the hornets nest on Social media! Wonder how long before I get a bite!!
    The fact he's still touting it as costing £12M when Budge has already announced the spend will be far more than that shows his remit here. Every other figure printed by him has to be taken with a pinch of salt, breeze-block scrapings will do the job too.

Evening News saying their new stand can hold 7 ,290 taking their capacity to over 20,000
    Apologies if already commented the thread is so popular its hard to keep up with all the posts
    Seems far fetched although maybe thats why they are packed in like Sardines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    The fact he's still touting it as costing £12M when Budge has already announced the spend will be far more than that shows his remit here. Every other figure printed by him has to be taken with a pinch of salt, breeze-block scrapings will do the job too.
    Indeed you are correct! Doesn't want to upset the hordes!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Evening News saying their new stand can hold 7 ,290 taking their capacity to over 20,000 Apologies if already commented the thread is so popular its hard to keep up with all the posts Seems far fetched although maybe thats why they are packed in like Sardines Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With over a hundred restricted view seats Ronnie I would suggest waaaaaaayyyyy less than 20K.

I suspect they will announce the capacity as over the 20K mark regardless

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Before their administration Banderson swallowed the line that they were self sufficient, he was also a number of millions off on one of their fund raising efforts if I recall correctly. Obviously he erred on the big side rather than doing any journalism.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    With over a hundred restricted view seats Ronnie I would suggest waaaaaaayyyyy less than 20K.

I suspect they will announce the capacity as over the 20K mark regardless
    Restricted view or not if there is a seat it will be counted!

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

I've just done a dot count on that new stand of theirs from their season ticket web page.

I've not deducted any number of seats for the lounge seated area , just counted as normal seats.

The total I get is 6708, plus the directors box.

Add to the 3 other stands capacity as per their exiting calculations of 12,809.

Tiny Park total capacity = 19,517.

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    Once they announce the ground capacity as 20,000+ there will be no going back. The first semi final will be interesting when both clubs ask for ten thousand tickets each

I've just done a dot count on that new stand of theirs from their season ticket web page.

I've not deducted any number of seats for the lounge seated area , just counted as normal seats.

Got quite a bit of time on your hands no?

Cheers for that.

There is no way they will show that as their capacity. Not a chance. Imagine the outcry at 15 million for less than 2,000 extra seats.

Problem is though GG.... this is FACT and they don’t do that!

I have no doubt in my mind they will LIE to the beLIEvers and their capacity will be over 20k.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieFitbaTeam View Post
    Black slip-ons with white socks, mind.

Form a queue ladies.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Evening News saying their new stand can hold 7 ,290 taking their capacity to over 20,000
    Apologies if already commented the thread is so popular its hard to keep up with all the posts
    Seems far fetched although maybe thats why they are packed in like Sardines

Aye but is it over 20,421?

If it isn't, they'll be raging.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Aye but is it over 20,421?

If it isn't, they'll be raging.
    They would demand a recount, and, if necessary, put some seats on the roof.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    They would demand a recount, and, if necessary, put some seats on the roof.
    That would be the only way to get a view of the Castle from the PBS.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Before their administration Banderson swallowed the line that they were self sufficient, he was also a number of millions off on one of their fund raising efforts if I recall correctly. Obviously he erred on the big side rather than doing any journalism.
    That line was put out when Vlad/UKIO told Hearts they would no longer be funding them. Banderson used the phrase "self_sufficient" time and again. I pointed out to him via twitter that Hearts were in fact "self-reliant", which is different from being "self-sufficient". He tried and failed to be a smart arse but I stuck to my guns, was never abusive, and asked the question that if Hearts were self-sufficient they'd be balancing their books that season and we'd see then. Result - blocked.

He didn't "swallow" that line, he aided and abetted Hearts in spreading lies to their "simple fans."

Hearts were far from being self-sufficient. To pay the wages of their squad and to pay the wages of players they signed subsequently, on terms they couldn't afford, they had to rely on stealing funds left right and centre from monies owed to creditors, including charities. They couldn't quite steal enough though and the idiocy of signing those players led to administration. No bank after them these days though, as no bank will touch them.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    That line was put out when Vlad/UKIO told Hearts they would no longer be funding them. Banderson used the phrase "self_sufficient" time and again. I pointed out to him via twitter that Hearts were in fact "self-reliant", which is different from being "self-sufficient". He tried and failed to be a smart arse but I stuck to my guns, was never abusive, and asked the question that if Hearts were self-sufficient they'd be balancing their books that season and we'd see then. Result - blocked.

He didn't "swallow" that line, he aided and abetted Hearts in spreading lies to their "simple fans."

Hearts were far from being self-sufficient. To pay the wages of their squad and to pay the wages of players they signed subsequently, on terms they couldn't afford, they had to rely on stealing funds left right and centre from monies owed to creditors, including charities. They couldn't quite steal enough though and the idiocy of signing those players led to administration. No bank after them these days though, as no bank will touch them.

Well put. Sums up Banderson and the EEN very nicely.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    He's also said

I think this figure is too high - from what I can see the plans indidate slightly less than 7000, and that's with no special provision for executive seating or camera stands..

But even if we take his figure as gospel. that gives us

Main stand - 7289
    Roseburn - 3396
    Wheatfield - 5902
    Gorgie - 3300

Total - 19887 maximum

It's funny that the official line is still 20k+.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/pages/hist...ecastlestadium
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tynecastle_Park
    They're well at it!

No matter how great they think the new stand is, there's no getting away from the fact that- it will NEVER be UEFA compliant. Simply not possible. So no Scotland games and no Euro group games will EVER be played there. Nice work lads.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I wonder if those in the bottom rows will get a free cagoule with their season ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    They're well at it!
    So full of themselves (and guff).

1886: The club secured the tenancy of part of a vast meadow that Edinburgh Corporation was letting for housing and industry. £200 was spent to lay out Tynecastle Park which remains one of the oldest grounds in Britain and one of its greatest sporting venues.

1913: Due to public demand, the club decided to build a new, much more commodious Main Stand, costing £5-6,000. Britain's most noted stadium architect, Archibald Leitch, was commissioned to design the stand that was to incorporate all modern conveniences.

No mention that they stiffed Leitch - only after the plans had been submitted o course.