hibs.net Messageboard

Page 165 of 430 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,950 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Relax.

Everything needed to complete the job is in that white van and it’s simply a case of unloading it.

Pictures from the BSB Structural facebook page from a couple of days ago , suggests a bit more .

https://www.facebook.com/44530704248...type=3&theater

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    The seats have always been a tight squeeze down Gorgie way.

Albert Kidd is looking well. Should have kept the tache though.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Pictures from the BSB Structural facebook page from a couple of days ago , suggests a bit more .

https://www.facebook.com/44530704248...type=3&theater
    Looks like they've completed the bit of hedging around the outside though.

Surprised Mrs Budge hasn't announced this unique success and the EEN hasn't done a front page picture along with Banderson interviewing the hedge about it's special relationship with hearts.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

Surprised Mrs Budge hasn't announced this unique success and the EEN hasn't done a front page picture along with Banderson interviewing the hedge about it's special relationship with hearts.

The famous hedge! the biggest hedge in Scottish football, directly descended from the famous hedge in Flanders...

Loyal Yams can sponsor a leaf each.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    The famous hedge! the biggest hedge in Scottish football, directly descended from the famous hedge in Flanders...

Loyal Yams can sponsor a leaf each.
    Authentic memorial plastic hedging will also be available for those wishing to experience the famous legendary atmosphere all year round.

Auction details to follow.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

Is it a curved curtain hedge or just the normal type?

FFS, we are being left standing by this new Gorgie development. We had a great chance to build a hedge between the flats and the East stand, what did we get instead, a bloody metal fence

This on top of our lack of windows is just getting to be too much .... is there no way we can knock some holes into the back of the East and put some windows in? I know they will have absolutely no purpose, but when kids are choosing what team to support the amount of glass a stadium has is pivotal in the choice many of them make ... I worry about our future, I really do

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I OBJECT TO PEOPLE ON HERE SAYING THAT TIN PAN FOLLY IS A REPLICA OF OUR EAST.

Cheap shoddy crap put together with duct tape where the punters will be sitting with their knees tucked up under their chins.

Our stand is basic but it's well built and built to last. And all 6,400 supporters can sit in relative comfort with unrestricted views of the whole pitch.

Like our East it is not!
    I think people also forget quite often that the east is prepared for expansion within the structure - future proofed for development.

Hibs did a proper job on the stadium, tynecastle will never be anywhere near it.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Is it a curved curtain hedge or just the normal type?

FFS, we are being left standing by this new Gorgie development. We had a great chance to build a hedge between the flats and the East stand, what did we get instead, a bloody metal fence

This on top of our lack of windows is just getting to be too much .... is there no way we can knock some holes into the back of the East and put some windows in? I know they will have absolutely no purpose, but when kids are choosing what team to support the amount of glass a stadium has is pivotal in the choice many of them make ... I worry about our future, I really do
    Some good points there, but to be honest I think we fell too far behind when we failed to appreciate the market for high priced plastic owls amongst football fans.

We had the chance to invite our fans to insert their small change into replica farmyard animals but were beaten to that by the "famous".

Petrie failed to lease a yacht for a week and then sell it to us when he wasn't using it.

Forever in their warped shadow.

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    The seats have always been a tight squeeze down Gorgie way.

Jeez, you're not wrong. Yet look at Potter, arrogantly commandeering maximum elbow room, conceding space to nobody.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Jeez, you're not wrong. Yet look at Potter, arrogantly commandeering maximum elbow room, conceding space to nobody.

He's seething because some other guy bagged the seat next to Budgie and is going for a cheeky grab around her waist...

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Why is the cladding pink and claret and not even close to maroon?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    He's seething because some other guy bagged the seat next to Budgie and is going for a cheeky grab around her waist...
    That bloke on Budge's right looks like he's having the life slowly squeezed out of him by both the tight confines of his seat and Hearts' dismal display on the pitch.

I'm assuming those are the seats in the directors box? You'd think that they, at least, would be a bit more luxurious. Out of interest, what sort of seats to we have in the directors' box at ER? Just the same as in the rest of the main stand? I seem to recall padded seats for the directors in our old main stand but might be imagining that.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    That bloke on Budge's right looks like he's having the life slowly squeezed out of him by both the tight confines of his seat and Hearts' dismal display on the pitch.

I'm assuming those are the seats in the directors box? You'd think that they, at least, would be a bit more luxurious. Out of interest, what sort of seats to we have in the directors' box at ER? Just the same as in the rest of the main stand? I seem to recall padded seats for the directors in our old main stand but might be imagining that.
    Most definitely padded, and quite spacious too I have sat in Mr Petrie's seat when I did the stadium tour.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member

What you are seeing there is club officials having to suffer the indignity of sitting in regular steats in their Roseburn. They are using it as their main stand while the new thing is erected. Must have come as quite s reality check to experience how their supporters have to sit like sardines packed in just to get a couple of extra people in a row.
    They will have their comfy larger seats soon enough when their new stand is complete but oh how the painful memory of that experience will last 😂

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    I didn’t realise Les Dennis was on the board at Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Why is the cladding pink and claret and not even close to maroon?

Why are the floodlight pylons pink?

Whey do they have Aberdeen red outside their stadium on some random hideous panels ?

Why did they build a new £14 million stand which encloses the stadium and doesn't allow the pitch to be fully UEFA compliant and still means terrible floodlights with bad shadows.

Why did they forget to order seats?

Why did they release images of a roof top / castle view when there wasn't going to be one ?

When will they replace the off colour seats in the Roseburn stand ? (creditors list is a clue)

How can they afford to build something they don't have money for?

So many questions...

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

Last edited by Carheenlea; 09-10-2017 at 03:08 PM.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

My goodness there isn't a lot of headroom there even for short ***** like me

I don't think I have ever been at the very back of any of our stands but I would like to think that there is something a bit more substantial than the bracing seen on the back wall in that picture?

Maybe not

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Why are the floodlight pylons pink?

Whey do they have Aberdeen red outside their stadium on some random hideous panels ?

Why did they build a new £14 million stand which encloses the stadium and doesn't allow the pitch to be fully UEFA compliant and still means terrible floodlights with bad shadows.

Why did they forget to order seats?

Why did they release images of a roof top / castle view when there wasn't going to be one ?

When will they replace the off colour seats in the Roseburn stand ? (creditors list is a clue)

How can they afford to build something they don't have money for?

So many questions...
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

So there will be a barrier in front of the bottom row. Looks like it's right in line of sight of those seated in this row!

Quality

Left by mutual consent!

Unbelievably bad. As somebody else has remarked, how much headroom is there at the top?? And how can this possibly be costing so much to build when it smacks of cheap options at every turn?

Pphhhttt!

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Why am I always reminded of Grease when I see these. In fact I think the bleachers looked sturdier as Danny Zucko sings about meeting Sandy.

What an enormous sack of s**t!! Tin can deathtrap for the deluded yam horde.

****** em, as if they deserve any better.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Jonesy- View Post
    What an enormous sack of s**t!! Tin can deathtrap for the deluded yam horde.

****** em, as if they deserve any better.
    Now to what you really think?

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Now to what you really think?
    Well obviously I'm just a jealous hobo seething with anger that our own stadium is so cheap and nasty looking and the biggest football club stadium in the city. PURE RAGING.

Seen mention of the adhesive tape on the joints - surely can't be permanent?

Seen mention of the adhesive tape on the joints - surely can't be permanent?

Similar to this stuff ?

http://www.archiproducts.com/en/prod...-pvc-cb_162651

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    There is a new safety feature being trialed in the new tynecastle superstand, like in an aeroplane if its about to crash or plummet from the sky.

They will be asked to reach under their seat should there be a fire, and instead of a life jacket, there will be a tesco home brand tin opener, to help them cut their way out easily.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    There is a new safety feature being trialed in the new tynecastle superstand, like in an aeroplane if its about to crash or plummet from the sky.

They will be asked to reach under their seat should there be a fire, and instead of a life jacket, there will be a tesco home brand tin opener, to help them cut their way out easily.
    Will this be fixed to an attachment of sorts, or will they just use some left over tape?