hibs.net Messageboard

Page 164 of 430 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,920 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seating that would bring a tear to the eyes of Michael O'Leary/Stelios Haji-Ioannou and all the others in the 'Budget Airline Industry' ........................

Honestly, I can see them having serious trouble with this in the future with the only remedy being complete re-seating with the numbers reduced in an attempt to make it more comfortable - making Tyney even tinier than it currently is just now !. After the initial euphoria of building the new '8th Wonder Of The World' has died down and Indiana Jones has confirmed his first-ever failure - 'The Mystery Of The Missing Glass Curtain ??', how long will it be before there's arguments/fights at every game over elbows being over-extended, perceived 'personal space' being invaded, jostling/nudging etc, etc - not forgetting the worst thing about tight, cramped spaces - people's 'lack of hygiene' (B.O.) what with the average 'Jambo' and 'Washing' not exactly going hand-in-hand ??. It's only human-nature - even the sub-human Jambo of the species can be affected ! Then there's season-ticket sales - who's going to shell out £400+ to sit in conditions like that ??. Gonna be fun watching !!
    The seats have always been a tight squeeze down Gorgie way.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    When we play future semis at Tynecastle does that big heart mosaic become Edinburgh’s second focal point for big thick green ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Morpheus does not look well, front right there.

It's almost as if he can buy in to the premise that reality is actually simulated reality but still can't buy into the premise that the stand will be finished on time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    The seats have always been a tight squeeze down Gorgie way.

This photo by the way.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    It's an elevation drawing - they can't really do otherwise.
    Agree. A semi decent pen and ink drawing is all they understand. Look how well mad vlads cash only share issue went after his big box of pictures was announced to a grateful public.

Granted it was backed up by a feasibility study paid for by the council but. .......

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    This is from a first time poster across there

Must be one of ours!

WOW

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Ach, I cannae help myself

Shooting fish in a barrel.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    You keep it up good sir, and there is lots of fish.

image-1629400757.jpg

Not sure I get this. There doesn't seem to be very much room once you are actually sitting.

Are those sitting going to dangle their legs over the edge?

I know the above photo doesn't show it but I take it there will be a barrier of sorts at the front of this section. Looks really tight if there is!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    image-1629400757.jpg

Not sure I get this. There doesn't seem to be very much room once you are actually sitting.

I know the above photo doesn't show it but I take it there will be a barrier of sorts at the front of this section. Looks really tight if there is!
    There will be another row of seats fitted to the bottom step.

Ah right!! Cheers for that.

It's going to look so good....NOT

Ah right!! Cheers for that.

It's going to look so good....NOT
    In fact no, I'm talking baws - it probably will be a barrier (same as the other shelters)

Left by mutual consent!
    How the **** is it costing so much money? If this was Romanov it would be accused of being dodgy as anything. Over £12m for a replica stand to our east with an horrendous looking front bit. Makes no sense at all.

In fact no, I'm talking baws - it probably will be a barrier (same as the other shelters)
    Pretty tight in there for anyone over say 5ft??

Squeeze them in.

This makes more sense as I couldn't think or work out what they were actually trying to achieve!

This is what I'm taking about.

They often put disabled people in an area like this.

You have the barrier in your sight line and they often cordon it off so people can't walk past.

For a design that's meant to last 20-25 years (if they are lucky) it's really not a smart design for people in a wheel chair etc.

28 days and counting till 5th - as far as I'm aware not all the seats have arrived so until they do...

They need to be granted certificate 1 week before game - so rest of seats must arrive in next 3 weeks and don't forget 1 week minimum to finish current open end section which has been used for access...

I OBJECT TO PEOPLE ON HERE SAYING THAT TIN PAN FOLLY IS A REPLICA OF OUR EAST.

Cheap shoddy crap put together with duct tape where the punters will be sitting with their knees tucked up under their chins.

Our stand is basic but it's well built and built to last. And all 6,400 supporters can sit in relative comfort with unrestricted views of the whole pitch.

Like our East it is not!
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Cheap shoddy crap put together with duct tape where the punters will be sitting with their knees tucked up under their chins.

Our stand is basic but it's well built and built to last. And all 6,400 supporters can sit in relative comfort with unrestricted views of the whole pitch.

Like our East it is not!
    You are right.

Whatever jambos say about the corporate building at the back etc, its the feeling the fans get from the stand that counts.

My ST is in the west, and - while I am sure its important to Hibs - I couldnt give two hoots what the corporate facilities are like, its not my thing. However from my seat in the West Upper (aye jambos, we have a 2 tier stand) I have a great view, lots of legroom and plenty room (I am 6 foot 1 and 14 stone). Same goes for the East on the occasions I have sat there over the years.

If Tynie seats are modelling themselves on the Wheatfield, (no reason why they wont) from my limited experience of matches there it is a lot tighter, the legroom is crap and the fan "facilities" at the back are laughable.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Like our East it is not!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    With the seats so close together, i'm not sure they should be advertising chips or indeed any other fatty foods to sell in their kiosks.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    With the seats so close together, i'm not sure they should be advertising chips or indeed any other fatty foods to sell in their kiosks.
    They do have the biggest fans in Scotland after all.

Testimonial Due
    I was in the vicinity earlier today and decided to drive past and take a wee look. There were folks working on the site so they're obviously working a 7 day week. The actual building looks honking and, to my untrained eye, looked a long, long way from being finished. However, family yam confirmed yesterday that they're 'ahead of the revised schedule' so I'm sure it will all be fine.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I was in the prison officers club last night. It’s just down the road from the new monstrosity, some guy I was talking to outside told me that it wasn’t going to be ready until January. He reckoned that it wasn’t being announced so that that ticket sales for Murrayfield would continue to remain high. The novelty factor would be lost if they announce it now.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Wonder if they will promote a Fatty Foulkes special in the chip shop. They should consider this sweaty and robust arsepiece in everything if they are clever. Maybe as part of the "SQUEEEEEEEZE your fatty, hairy, pimpled hertz erse into this tiny wee seat Matchday Experience".
    Maybe also get that big munter that hung her knickers out the slum window with the anti-Vlad message to promote it further still? Endless revenue possibilities here for them. I'm jealously sad and seething to say. Think about it. Giant knickers, pee-stained breeks, a tiny wee seat. And chips. Loads of them.

It's more a copy of the Wheatfield stand than our east stand. Looks almost identical other than the monstrosity bolted on the back. Our east stand is basic but it wasn't made out to be anything it wasn't. Maybe we could start saying it has the largest personolised stone wall in Scottish football or something to make ourselves feel big.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Their new stand is supposed to be their new "Main" Stand in more than just name - it's where the dugouts, dressing rooms, receptions are etc. Our East Stand wasn't, and it still looks better.

The West is our "main" stand and it's got all the fancy windows and trees and a reception and a car park etc etc. There isn't a comparison.

image-1629400757.jpg

Aye, while playing their banjo's...

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Seats - I'm not sure if they're close enough together.

You've got to hand it to them, as far as seat patterns go that's pretty radical. Museum of Modern Art watch out.

So they have 3 weeks (before the safety certificate inspection) to finish the Roseburn end of the stand. There's still an entire bay to be built, including the gable (in line with the corner pylon), roof, tin steps, vehicular access tunnel + all the seats, etc.

Looking a bit tight is it not?

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EskbankHibby View Post
    Morpheus does not look well, front right there.

It's almost as if he can buy in to the premise that reality is actually simulated reality but still can't buy into the premise that the stand will be finished on time.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Testimonial Due

So they have 3 weeks (before the safety certificate inspection) to finish the Roseburn end of the stand. There's still an entire bay to be built, including the gable (in line with the corner pylon), roof, tin steps, vehicular access tunnel + all the seats, etc.

26 days. Is the roof finished. Think we need a countdown to the announcement of the new schedule.

Relax.

Everything needed to complete the job is in that white van and it’s simply a case of unloading it.