hibs.net Messageboard

Page 153 of 430 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,590 of 12885
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like this one.

"Easter Road is an absolute shambles of a stadium. Externally it looks like the tradesman's entrance of a hospital.

Internally the stands are too far away from the pitch and too far away from each other.

Overall, it doesn't look like one entity. Four oddly shaped stands at completely different distances from each other, with huge gaping spaces between them. It looks as though a giant baby has has tossed his building blocks in the air and just left them where they fell.

It's a truly awful stadium for watching football in, and they would be better concentrating on comparing it to somewhere like Rugby Park or Pittodrie than making themselves look ridiculous by attempting to hold it up against the fantastic arena we have almost completed."
    Thats a belter🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    What does "the tradesman's entrance at a local hospital" even actually look like? What a bizarre statement. Easter Road externally looks exactly like what it is, a football stadium and if our Yam chum is going down that route perhaps he should take a wee hike up Calton hill or Arthurs seat and tell me ER doesn't actually look rather impressive from those vantage points.

The four stands at Easter Road would indeed benefit from a further phase of redevelopment which would join them up and enclose the stadium, I cant say I disagree with him on that point, I've said it myself many times. But that's about where it ends .... the gaps between the stands, though needing addressed IMO, aren't such a big deal because the stands are so high, when you are sitting in the stadium its barely noticeable.

The stands are only too far away from the pitch if you are used to a ground where you have been forced to use every inch available to shoehorn in a capacity approaching 20,000 ..... In reality the proximity of the stands to the pitch at Easter Road is on a par with and better than a lot of the vast majority of European stadiums, perhaps he could show examples of any redeveloped or newly built stadiums apart from the PBS where the club concerned was daft enough not to include UEFA compliant run off areas, as they have been forced to do at the PBS. That's why ER is licensed to host latter stage European games and international matches and Tynecastle isn't, and still wont be once the super duper mega stand is finished.

As for ..... "its a truly awful stadium for watching football in" ..... What planet is that dafty on? He must be forgetting that loads of Hibs fans have actually visited the PBS in the last few seasons. The concourses are open to the elements, the seats are cramped, the leg room is crap compared to Easter Road, so much so that you are in danger of tipping over on top of the folk in front of you if you try to celebrate a goal, the walkways are slippy and the new stand which will complete this mess will ( eventually ) have dozens of seats from which you can only see one set of goals. On top of all that its so drab with the overuse of maroon all over it that its not exactly the place to be going if you suffer from depression .... In fact its the sort of place they would hold the executions if Scotland is ever ruled by a military dictatorship.

In short, its a ****hole and Easter Road is better than it in just about every criteria you would use to judge the merits of a football stadium ... In fact ER even has more boozers around it you can go to for a pre match pint ... As for the 'famous' Tynecastle atmosphere, I would put up a full ER against a full PBS any old day of the week .... In fact is it not true that when we scored our 3rd in the last derby at ER folk in Joppa three miles away could hear the roar according to reports in the EEN

What a bunch of deluded pricks they are
    Whilst every word is true, the real truth is totally contained in the last sentence

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    I like this one.

"Easter Road is an absolute shambles of a stadium. Externally it looks like the tradesman's entrance of a hospital.

Internally the stands are too far away from the pitch and too far away from each other.

Overall, it doesn't look like one entity. Four oddly shaped stands at completely different distances from each other, with huge gaping spaces between them. It looks as though a giant baby has has tossed his building blocks in the air and just left them where they fell.

It's a truly awful stadium for watching football in, and they would be better concentrating on comparing it to somewhere like Rugby Park or Pittodrie than making themselves look ridiculous by attempting to hold it up against the fantastic arena we have almost completed."
    Hmmmm, this guy is going to be a bit disappointed with this corner if he wants them all to be the same (ie zero gap). I imagine they will finish this bit off, somehow, but, all the same, a gap is needed for emergency services.
    corner.jpg

Too bad.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by crabis View Post
    Hmmmm, this guy is going to be a bit disappointed with this corner if he wants them all to be the same (ie zero gap). I imagine they will finish this bit off, somehow, but, all the same, a gap is needed for emergency services.
    corner.jpg

Too bad.
    Hate to be a killjoy but crap though their stand is, it does look like there is further building work to be done to bring that left hand side down to pitch side. If you extend the lone from those free girders up top it comes, more or less, to the pylon. I am not convinced that gap has anything to do with emergency vehicles but is more likely to be temporarily there to allow construction vehicles off site

corner.jpg

Too bad.
    Yeah, but... it's a really BIG gap, probably the biggest in Scotland... so that makes it OK

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Hate to be a killjoy but crap though their stand is, it does look like there is further building work to be done to bring that left hand side down to pitch side. If you extend the lone from those free girders up top it comes, more or less, to the pylon. I am not convinced that gap has anything to do with emergency vehicles but is more likely to be temporarily there to allow construction vehicles off site
    They have most of the gable to complete, which will allow them to finish the seating decks & roof. From what I've seen on the plans, the bottom left hand corner of the stand will be left open (a sort of tunnel) for vehicular access.

corner.jpg

Too bad.

It's only a big gap because they haven't finished building it yet, ya daftie

You're probably just confused because you believed Budgie's utterances about it's progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    It's only a big gap because they haven't finished building it yet, ya daftie

You're probably just confused because you believed Budgie's utterances about it's progress.
    I say there'll still be a gap when it's finished and the other stands go right to the pylon.

Attachment 19451

Daftie yerselll

@hibs.net private member
    I say there'll still be a gap when it's finished and the other stands go right to the pylon.

Attachment 19451

Daftie yerselll
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170711/326e78f8f4ab144e9b963f6d73ed36cc.jpg

I think Ozyhibby’s picture from his post on 11 September looks like there will be no gap.

Edit: Looks like my cut and paste has been a failure but if you go back on this thread to page 8 you will see the picture. The hoarding down the side seems to follow the building line and meets the bottom of the pylon. I’m all for poking fun at their dreadful structure but if we don’t keep it accurate we are in danger of leaving “gaps” in our own arguments
    Last edited by CentreLine; 01-10-2017 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170711/326e78f8f4ab144e9b963f6d73ed36cc.jpg

I think Ozyhibby’s picture from his post on 11 September looks like there will be no gap.

Edit: Looks like my cut and paste has been a failure but if you go back on this thread to page 8 you will see the picture. The hoarding down the side seems to follow the building line and meets the bottom of the pylon. I’m all for poking fun at their dreadful structure but if we don’t keep it accurate we are in danger of leaving “gaps” in our own arguments
    Well, the upper part of the standd is indeed level with the pylon but if you check out the plan I posted the pitch side seats cut off an an angle so leave, drum roll please, a gap.

Not only does it leave a gap but the stand is mishapen. No gaps in that argument whatsoever.

I like this one.

Classic yam denial. Having a tiny cramped little hovel is clearly hurting some of them a lot.

Left by mutual consent!
    Im so looking forward to when the dust has settled and they slowly realise their new stand is a dud and that, despite all the millions (millions that could've went on buying far better players than their current mob) spent - Tyney's tinier than ER !!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    corner.jpg

Too bad.

Have they forgotten to attach the bottom of the truss to the pylon or is it ok like that?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Have they forgotten to attach the bottom of the truss to the pylon or is it ok like that?
    No it will fit.

The stand is pretty much identical to the Wheatfield and similar to our East seating wise. Well ours has seats...and theirs has an expensive office block behind it which cost about as much as our 3 other stands !! Haha !

Since they have these 20 year old pylon floodlights that give odd shadows they can't fill in the corners and need emergency access so their will be a gap close to the roseburn where a vehicle can drive onto the pitch if required.

I still find it hilarious Budgie isn't admitting the capacity...very selective of her.

corner.jpg

Too bad.
    It will look even worse once they take that green stuff off the roof

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    No it will fit.

The stand is pretty much identical to the Wheatfield and similar to our East seating wise. Well ours has seats...and theirs has an expensive office block behind it which cost about as much as our 3 other stands !! Haha !

Since they have these 20 year old pylon floodlights that give odd shadows they can't fill in the corners and need emergency access so their will be a gap close to the roseburn where a vehicle can drive onto the pitch if required.

I still find it hilarious Budgie isn't admitting the capacity...very selective of her.
    Perfection doesn’t require on official capacity

@hibs.net private member
    Well, the upper part of the standd is indeed level with the pylon but if you check out the plan I posted the pitch side seats cut off an an angle so leave, drum roll please, a gap.

Not only does it leave a gap but the stand is mishapen. No gaps in that argument whatsoever.
    I’m all for that. Afraid I’ve not seen the plan. In fact I’m not convinced anyone involved in the building has either, given the shambles of the progress 😂
    Appreciate the update though. Whatever they do with it, it is the proverbial sow’s ear

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    No it will fit.

They don't do small detail, and the capacity is undoubtedly a small issue for them rather than a large one.

She knows how to handle the drones and the information will be available but as it's less than ER there's no way she'll tell them yet as there's more cash to be extracted.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

They could run a sweep to guess the final capacity as a fundraiser.

A Hibby will win it with the closest guess of 19,999 as all the yams think it's over 20k!
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    They could run a sweep to guess the final capacity as a fundraiser.

A Hibby will win it with the closest guess of 19,999 as all the yams think it's over 20k!

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Couldnae find the saddle apparently.

The rider was unseated

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Pretty windy today...good day for Budgie to get the next excuse in blaming the weather for further delays.

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    Pretty windy today...good day for Budgie to get the next excuse in blaming the weather for further delays.
    Yep looking like the wrong kind of wind. They probably need it to be the same kind that meant they could still work through it when building the new bridge.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Yep looking like the wrong kind of wind. They probably need it to be the same kind that meant they could still work through it when building the new bridge.
    Unfair. The bridge has a glassy/plasticky/perspexy thing at the side, which helps with the wind. I don't think the famous's stand has anything like that, has it?

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Unfair. The bridge has a glassy/plasticky/perspexy thing at the side, which helps with the wind. I don't think the famous's stand has anything like that, has it?
    Second hand girders, steel sheeting, breeze blocks and something unique-glass is all I'm aware of.

Chips are involved somewhere as well but as it's the yams big secret ingredient the rest of us will just have to wait to discover what they are.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    Quite a lot of scoffing at Drs Budge on this thread, but hasn't she played an utter blinder in presenting her project as a football stand with office block on the side, when in fact the project is to build an office block with a football stand on the side? Get the simple fans to pay for the lot and at the end maybe let them keep the football stand bit and leave yourself with a fully paid up office block in central Edinburgh?

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Fantastic arena?!!!

Must be sitting in Murrayfield thinking it's what they are building. The new Tiny, unlike Easter Road, will not even be UEFA compliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    Fantastic arena?!!!

Must be sitting in Murrayfield thinking it's what they are building. The new Tiny, unlike Easter Road, will not even be UEFA compliant.
    Yeah but... The stand is. Not quite sure how that affects the non-compliant pitch and their ability to play games there, but it's a start I suppose.

Chips are involved somewhere as well but as it's the yams big secret ingredient the rest of us will just have to wait to discover what they are.

Some kind of sweet potato maybe?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    What does "the tradesman's entrance at a local hospital" even actually look like? What a bizarre statement. Easter Road externally looks exactly like what it is, a football stadium and if our Yam chum is going down that route perhaps he should take a wee hike up Calton hill or Arthurs seat and tell me ER doesn't actually look rather impressive from those vantage points.

The four stands at Easter Road would indeed benefit from a further phase of redevelopment which would join them up and enclose the stadium, I cant say I disagree with him on that point, I've said it myself many times. But that's about where it ends .... the gaps between the stands, though needing addressed IMO, aren't such a big deal because the stands are so high, when you are sitting in the stadium its barely noticeable.

The stands are only too far away from the pitch if you are used to a ground where you have been forced to use every inch available to shoehorn in a capacity approaching 20,000 ..... In reality the proximity of the stands to the pitch at Easter Road is on a par with and better than a lot of the vast majority of European stadiums, perhaps he could show examples of any redeveloped or newly built stadiums apart from the PBS where the club concerned was daft enough not to include UEFA compliant run off areas, as they have been forced to do at the PBS. That's why ER is licensed to host latter stage European games and international matches and Tynecastle isn't, and still wont be once the super duper mega stand is finished.

As for ..... "its a truly awful stadium for watching football in" ..... What planet is that dafty on? He must be forgetting that loads of Hibs fans have actually visited the PBS in the last few seasons. The concourses are open to the elements, the seats are cramped, the leg room is crap compared to Easter Road, so much so that you are in danger of tipping over on top of the folk in front of you if you try to celebrate a goal, the walkways are slippy and the new stand which will complete this mess will ( eventually ) have dozens of seats from which you can only see one set of goals. On top of all that its so drab with the overuse of maroon all over it that its not exactly the place to be going if you suffer from depression .... In fact its the sort of place they would hold the executions if Scotland is ever ruled by a military dictatorship.

In short, its a ****hole and Easter Road is better than it in just about every criteria you would use to judge the merits of a football stadium ... In fact ER even has more boozers around it you can go to for a pre match pint ... As for the 'famous' Tynecastle atmosphere, I would put up a full ER against a full PBS any old day of the week .... In fact is it not true that when we scored our 3rd in the last derby at ER folk in Joppa three miles away could hear the roar according to reports in the EEN

What a bunch of deluded pricks they are

The mistake you've made here is bothering to write a response to their fevered delusions.

The more intelligent and self-aware Yam will realise that their stadium is a maroon disaster - it may take them a while, though.

The rest will continue in their ignorance, increasingly confused as the rest of the world laughs at them.

Hearts = baked-in mediocrity.