hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 430 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the Skyline Restaurant! It will even serve potatoes in innovative chipped form.
    Think they'll do chippy sauce in glass bru bottles or will it be too posh for that??

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    Jambos invite a few old guests to their new suite to check out the view.

And all drinks served by under 16 year old girls 😱

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar

😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    I see our council has just granted a temporary occupation certificate for the Wheatfield stand undercroft construction.

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov...=O4JFW9EW01O00

The occupation starts today and expires tonight.

No doubt to allow use for tonight's game, but the officials must know they have been using the building for months anyway.

Maybe I was not too far off the mark with an earlier joke about valuable EPL players and expendable Gorgieites.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    I see our council has just granted a temporary occupation certificate for the Wheatfield stand undercroft construction. https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov...=O4JFW9EW01O00 The occupation starts today and expires tonight. No doubt to allow use for tonight's game, but the officials must know they have been using the building for months anyway. Maybe I was not too far off the mark with an earlier joke about valuable EPL players and expendable Gorgieites.

Just shows what ECC are all about.... One rule for them and a separate rule for others!!

Same as the Council they bumped!

I see the new stand has those same awful cheap looking curved ends. It's tacky and not even lego-esque.
    I thought they'd take the chance to, somehow, improve the look of the place.
    Hideous, just hideous. And I'm saying that cause I'm a green boy.

Some images from the new tunnel at the PBS ......... apart from the fact that yet again the folk at Hearts seem incapable of proof reading anything, apparently their cup final win was "empathic" what a superb way to motivate Hibs as they take the pitch for their next visit to the Wongadome .........

Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 14-07-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Some images from the new tunnel at the PBS ......... apart from the fact that yet again the folk at Hearts seem incapable of proof reading anything, apparently their cup final win was "empathic" what a superb way to motivate Hibs as they take the pitch for their next visit to the Wongadome .........

That is just brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    I see the new stand has those same awful cheap looking curved ends. It's tacky and not even lego-esque.
    I thought they'd take the chance to, somehow, improve the look of the place.
    Hideous, just hideous. And I'm saying that cause I'm a green boy.
    Where else in the UK have they built a retro stand? When a new stand is built now, it's not designed and built as if it were 1993.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar

Unbelievable. They've mistaken 'emphatic' for 'empathic' the useless thick b*******s.

That club really is a two-bit cheap joke.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    what a superb way to motivate Hibs as they take the pitch for their next visit to the Wongadome
    Assuming the blu-tak holds that long.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

Surely that's the temp dressing room under the Wheatfield Stand ands hen we play them the new one on the Super structure will be ready. They might get the spieling correct by then too.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    Undoubtedly, she's taking a risk. The punters could fall out with her and she could end up with an asset that nobody wants to buy. The direct debits could dry up. Cathro's team could be honking and the fans could turn on the club. The spending could spiral out of control and she could change her mind about providing the loans. All kinds of stuff could happen that could threaten her investment.
    'COULD be honking' ??. No doubt about it, they started to plummet south the very instant he took over (if only he'd arrived earlier !!) and I see no reason or signs that's going to change. Ok, it's highly unlikely Cathro will even see Christmas but every game he's in charge will see that damage continue - not forgetting the opening-period of playing x-amount of consecutive games away from home and they'll be too far gone for whoever else comes in as replacement.

Going to be interesting seeing their new temporary dugouts in a high profile game. Very close to the fans in the Wheatfield and don't even look the correct size for a technical area. Add in rain and you get a soaked Cathro and coaching staff - they didn't think that one through.

They also need to sort the exits to the stadium - getting out the Wheatfield in an emergency through the 1 back exit is a receipe of disaster waiting to happen.

Coaching Staff

Wow. And all about Hibs really.

Does it mention Craig Beattie was signed instead of passing money over to charities and local businesses?

I have empathy for the empathic author who had one job, to type a blurb about an event that everyone is already aware of. Which begs the question, why have any writing attached to the picture in the first place? mispelt or otherwise. Clubs everywhere have these sort of pictures adorning the walls of the corridors behind the scenes but i have never seen any with pointless summaries of the content of the pictures. The Hibs dressing rooms have loads of iconic moments in the clubs history covering the walls but there is no need for descriptions to be added, the pictures speak for themselves. This is yet another example of hearts making a pigs ear of everything they attempt, from restuarants with views of a high school roof, hospitality suites facing the wrong way, restricted view seats in a £14 million stand, an extra £2 million for toilets and kiosks, they just cant do anything properly. Poor grammar and mispelt words have become the norm with their club statements but to have a print made and hung without anyone noticing the error only highlights how amatuer their entire background staff are. This new stand development malarky has been comedy gold from the start, they've brightened up a dull close season and for that I thank them.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Maybe when they wrote Skyline they actually meant School Run?

Hmmm. While I still maintain that Romanov was at fault for his actions that trivialised sex crimes, I'm not entirely comfortable with such banter any more.

Paedophiles have infiltrated too many aspects of our game and caused too much suffering for it to be treated with anything other than disgust. Let Rangers and the bigots attached to other clubs be the ones who score points like this. Let them hang themselves while others watch.

I'm sorry for going off course but I think this is a no-no for the entire British game now.

So they are spending £14m (£3m over original quote) to build a new stand that will increase capacity by c 2000 seats. And it has less than two months to complete and looking more and more unlikely it will be open by the target date. And the fans will be even longer before they get hands on any kind of club ownership.

Fair summary?

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    So they are spending £14m (£3m over original quote) to build a new stand that will increase capacity by c 2000 seats. And it has less than two months to complete and looking more and more unlikely it will be open by the target date. And the fans will be even longer before they get hands on any kind of club ownership.

Fair summary?
    Absolutely.

Aberdeen game is 8 weeks today. Not a chance the stand will be ready.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    I have empathy for the empathic author who had one job, to type a blurb about an event that everyone is already aware of. Which begs the question, why have any writing attached to the picture in the first place? mispelt or otherwise. Clubs everywhere have these sort of pictures adorning the walls of the corridors behind the scenes but i have never seen any with pointless summaries of the content of the pictures. The Hibs dressing rooms have loads of iconic moments in the clubs history covering the walls but there is no need for descriptions to be added, the pictures speak for themselves. This is yet another example of hearts making a pigs ear of everything they attempt, from restuarants with views of a high school roof, hospitality suites facing the wrong way, restricted view seats in a £14 million stand, an extra £2 million for toilets and kiosks, they just cant do anything properly. Poor grammar and mispelt words have become the norm with their club statements but to have a print made and hung without anyone noticing the error only highlights how amatuer their entire background staff are. This new stand development malarky has been comedy gold from the start, they've brightened up a dull close season and for that I thank them.
    All true, though you've misspelt misspelt.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    All true, though you've misspelt misspelt.
    And amateur. Like the Hearts, you should have hired a professional writer.

Just seen the highlights of last notes game at the Asbestos arena and looks like they are trialing the High Line and got caught out.

Why does it always look like a complete and utter **** hole (maybe because it is)

14 million and rising for 2000 extra seats! Get in

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post

Fair summary?
    Sounds fair to me. And it will still be a hole.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Not only is the back of the stand made of glass but it looks like the rest of the stand is made of glass too.

Either that, or there's nothing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hmmm. While I still maintain that Romanov was at fault for his actions that trivialised sex crimes, I'm not entirely comfortable with such banter any more.

Paedophiles have infiltrated too many aspects of our game and caused too much suffering for it to be treated with anything other than disgust. Let Rangers and the bigots attached to other clubs be the ones who score points like this. Let them hang themselves while others watch.

I'm sorry for going off course but I think this is a no-no for the entire British game now.
    Yep, I agree - time to let this one go.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    Yep, I agree - time to let this one go.
    Yes, I agree as well ...... The whole thing is a blight on the game and by the looks of it by the time the whole thing is put to bed there's hardly going to be a club in the country that isn't asking itself if it could have done better at the time, including us unfortunately.

Well if you think that's bad, wait until I tell you that when Hearts advertised for a Proof Reader they couldn't work out why it was only men that applied for the job. All gay as well.

Hearts' new stadium capacity

56 days till they play Aberdeen.
    The stand for the dog track at Wallyford is further on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ozyhibby; 15-07-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    56 days till they play Aberdeen. The stand for the dog track at Wallyford is further on. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What I don't understand is why they can play a friendly at the Asbestos Arena but not a league fixture! Surely the powers that be can see this??