hibs.net Messageboard

Page 133 of 430 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,990 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, but this was hardly normal circumstances.

Aberdeen have played at Tynecastle loads of times, so the surroundings are familiar enough. When clubs travel for Euro competitions, it's quite common for a request to be granted to play at the stadium, to familarise the team with the new surroundings.

To me, Aberdeen playing at Murrayfield had more in common with the Euro Game scenario, so a request to train there wasn't unreasonable.
    I wonder how many teams asked to train at Easter Road / Tynecastle / Ibrox from the First Division (and lower in the The Rangers case) a few years ago when all 3 teams were there. Quite a few teams playing there for the first time in recent years I would think.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    If Aberdeen fancied a session at Murrayfield it should have been the SRU they approached, not Hearts. Hearts don't own the access rights to Murrayfield.
    Maybe they do as part of the hire agreement?

Different sport / country / circumstances - but I was involved in a local Gaelic club that happened to use the same stadium the County team used for big matches. For a few days before a match the county board 'owned' all access and use of the pitch and stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Newry Hibs View Post
    I wonder how many teams asked to train at Easter Road / Tynecastle / Ibrox from the First Division (and lower in the The Rangers case) a few years ago when all 3 teams were there. Quite a few teams playing there for the first time in recent years I would think.
    Hearts were allowed to train at Alloa's ground as it was artificial. It's all about courtesy I suppose.

Left by mutual consent!
    You are missing the point completely. Hearts ask to play at Murrayfield and swap matches to help build their dump and it's approved by the spfl. An spfl
    Club ask them to train on the pitch of a stadium they have been given special treatment to play there in the first place, Hearts tell them to bolt. Classless as anything and very little said.

Did any of them ask and get knocked back?
    Last edited by Keith_M; 20-09-2017 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Wrong quote

Utterley classless

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Anywaaay...

Have the seats arrived yet?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Yeah, I read that on Brokeback. Apparently once you've modified the programme & completion date, you're no longer behind schedule.

I think it's a bit like owing money to yourself.
    That 'owing the debt to ourselves' line worked out well for them didn't it?

While the shortfall in funding for the stand is sadly unlikely to tip them towards a second spell in administration, it would be gratifying so see work grind to halt and leave them to 'modify' the completion date again.

In yam world, even if the stand sat unfinished a decade from now they could just continue modifying the completion date and hey presto they'd be back 'on schedule'.

First Team Breakthrough Hibbycol's Avatar
    Anywaaay...

Who cares ,the longer the stand isn't fit for use the more it's hitting the poppy fund thieves in the pocket, long may it continue

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Anywaaay...

There's no way of knowing - progress on the stand is just sooooooooooo sloooowwwwww. More excitement watching the weeds in my garden grow.

The poor dears have had to resort to all sorts of shennanigans to keep things going on their thread -
    Pics of the ground in the fifties
    Pics of Murrayfield
    Pics of their curtain wall with superimposed pics of the 5-1 cup win
    Debates about the window cleaning costs
    Lots of queries about how big (or small?) their stadium will be
    Endless pics of the paving at the front being installed (yes, really)
    Pics of the seat decking going in which are marginally different from similar pics from weeks ago (except the crane is sometimes not even there - I can't imagine where that would be sloping off to!)
    And yes, lots and lots of people saying how great it's all going to be (trying to convince themselves I imagine)

I don't suppose they've got any pictures of seats being loaded onto a boat?

Thought not!
    Space to let

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I don't suppose they've got any pictures of seats being loaded onto a boat?

Thought not!
    it was supposed to be
    thefinaltimeout-25821-084.jpg

But instead they sent
    Loading-steering-wheel-box-horn-car-baby-boat-baby-seat-infant-seat-floating-ring-swim-ring.jpg

No, but this was hardly normal circumstances.

Aberdeen have played at Tynecastle loads of times, so the surroundings are familiar enough. When clubs travel for Euro competitions, it's quite common for a request to be granted to play at the stadium, to familarise the team with the new surroundings.

To me, Aberdeen playing at Murrayfield had more in common with the Euro Game scenario, so a request to train there wasn't unreasonable.

The yams have stretched every rule in the book with this development. All so they can fleece their fans for season tickets money in advance, knowing full well they wouldn't have a seat to sit in for half the season. The SPFL board have been way more than accommodating. Every other team takes it on the chin and plays with 3 stands (yamboids even did this preseason) its a blatant cash grab and to deny a fellow SPFL member the courtesy of training at Murrayfield is disgusting.

There is the rather embarrassing scenario where the Jambos didn't have the authority to allow them access tho!

That doesn't hide the fact they are still cheating B*******S

Left by mutual consent!
    Wonder if (if it ever does get finished ??) the media will question Budge/Hearts about the 'Mystery of the Missing Glass Curtain' ............................

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Being serious, for a minute. Is there some (yet unbuilt) glass to go up in front of the existing front?

Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post

Being serious, for a minute. Is there some (yet unbuilt) glass to go up in front of the existing front?

Yes, but it's invisible, so it won't look any different when it's done.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

No. The mediocre 3D images that were produced shows frameless glazing that depasses the top and the sides of the curved (in fact it's faceted) frontage. Apart from being impossible to construct as illustrated, it was obviously too expensive so they've ended up with what we can now see.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar

It's a curtain (singular). It's possibly already up, but just pulled to the side
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Thomaso
    • 1st Team Squad Member
    • Registered Users A
    • 12,722 posts

• Locationbeyond the edge of reason

Donator

Posted Today, 17:44
    Dipped Flake, on 20 Sept 2017 - 5:11 PM, said:
    I am well aware of the history but the poster was saying the mosaic on the High Street should be the first and only club badge. It was never ours.

"I think the poster has now corrected you.

The point I was making is that our name and badge are woven into the historical fabric of Edinburgh - we ARE the team of Auld Reekie.

Our famous badge is based on that historic landmark on the Royal Mile, and although our unique Club name came from a dance hall, it is shared by the above landmark and with a renowned novel by the incomparable Sir Walter Scott "Heart of Midlothian".

Makes me proud".

Aye .... right

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yes, but it's invisible, so it won't look any different when it's done.
    Invisible glass - another first for them
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    It's a curtain (singular). It's possibly already up, but just pulled to the side
    I like this one the best
    No. The mediocre 3D images that were produced shows frameless glazing that depasses the top and the sides of the curved (in fact it's faceted) frontage. Apart from being impossible to construct as illustrated, it was obviously too expensive so they've ended up with what we can now see.
    Cost cutting. excellent. I'm glad i wasn't overlooking it

Left by mutual consent!
    By that do you mean it's a series of straight pieces of framework angled to loosely create the impression of a seamless curve? As you say, smacks of doing things on the cheap.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    By that do you mean it's a series of straight pieces of framework angled to loosely create the impression of a seamless curve? As you say, smacks of doing things on the cheap.
    To be fair the vast majority of "curved" buildings are done this way, otherwise you're speaking about very slightly curved glazing which is ridiculously expensive.

But they keep going on about their curve and there's nothing to stop us being pedantic.

So faceted it is!

😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    So we playing at Murrayfield on the day after Boxing Day yet?

Would help if Hearts come clean soon and allow me to buy some flights.

J

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Thomaso
    • 1st Team Squad Member
    • Registered Users A
    • 12,722 posts

Donator

I am well aware of the history but the poster was saying the mosaic on the High Street should be the first and only club badge. It was never ours.

The point I was making is that our name and badge are woven into the historical fabric of Edinburgh - we ARE the team of Auld Reekie.

Our famous badge is based on that historic landmark on the Royal Mile, and although our unique Club name came from a dance hall, it is shared by the above landmark and with a renowned novel by the incomparable Sir Walter Scott "Heart of Midlothian".

Makes me proud".

Aye .... right

What a load of guff, the Walter Scott Book and the Mosaic pre-dates thier existence by about 50 years all they did was copy it, thier name and badge are rip-offs :

Thomaso
    • 1st Team Squad Member
    • Registered Users A
    • 12,722 posts

Donator

Makes me proud".

Aye .... right

We missed a trick - should have called our club Royal Mile Hibs - just think of the history that would give us, never mind the weave into the historical fabric.

Just when you think they can't get any more deluded some roaster comes out with this guff.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    What a load of guff, the Walter Scott Book and the Mosaic pre-dates thier existence by about 50 years all they did was copy it, thier name and badge are rip-offs :
    Well, to be fair from that point of view you could say ours are as well, the name Hibernian was well in use before Hibs came along and every component of our badge has been used in various coats of arms pre 1875.

The difference is the 'Auld Reekie's team' crap ... they would love to lay claim to that title, but so long as we are around they cant and they know it, even if the difference in our supports was on a par with Nottingham Forest and Notts County for example it would still be at best an ignorant and arrogant claim to make ..... as it is the difference is miles from being at a level where they can make that claim and be able to justify it with numbers.

In fact .... If their name and badge are what they are trying to use to justify such a silly claim, show me where the word Edinburgh appears in either

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Maybe they do as part of the hire agreement?

Different sport / country / circumstances - but I was involved in a local Gaelic club that happened to use the same stadium the County team used for big matches. For a few days before a match the county board 'owned' all access and use of the pitch and stadium.
    I'd imagine that if the SRU have plans to use the stadium at any stage other than the Saturday they've leased it to Hearts then there will only be one 'owner'. Fanciful garbage that Hearts can tell Aberdeen they're not getting in. (Not certain who is making it up mind you, could just as easy be Aberdeen).
    The SRU will whore the place out to anyone I'm certain.

They are named after a nightclub that the original players attended. If they were formed one hundred years later they would be called Buster Browns F.C. or Fire Island F.C.

They are basically a pub team named after the pub they bevvied in.

Hibs were named after the country of the clubs founders. No big deal, but we dont claim to be anything other than what we are, an Edinburgh team formed by immigrant Irishmen playing football in Leith for all the community.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Well, to be fair from that point of view you could say ours are as well, the name Hibernian was well in use before Hibs came along and every component of our badge has been used in various coats of arms pre 1875.

The difference is the 'Auld Reekie's team' crap ... they would love to lay claim to that title, but so long as we are around they cant and they know it, even if the difference in our supports was on a par with Nottingham Forest and Notts County for example it would still be at best an ignorant and arrogant claim to make ..... as it is the difference is miles from being at a level where they can make that claim and be able to justify it with numbers.

In fact .... If their name and badge are what they are trying to use to justify such a silly claim, show me where the word Edinburgh appears in either
    Their ground isn't even in Midlothian. They're not at the heart of anything other than their own delusion. Ignorant pompous effwits to a man, woman and child
    Last edited by Jack Hackett; 20-09-2017 at 07:37 PM.