hibs.net Messageboard

Page 117 of 430 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,510 of 12885
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The finished stand is going to look nearly identical to the other stands - single tier with walk way in middle. Hopefully the disabled viewing is better than the other 3 stands.

Here is a picture of the final design - http://www.constructionenquirer.com/...8b6852ef32.jpg

At the far end closest to the away end - there will be a gap in lower tier as ambulance access is required.

The 4 black doors at the top are where hospitality will walk through and down to sit amongst everyone else.

The lower part of the stand will be done last and they will work from the ugly police box back to the Roseburn an then finally cover up the remaining open corner. If they had pitch access it would be much easier but hopefully this way will cause another delay.

Regarding a possible semi final - the League Cup semi is the same weekend Hearts are due to play 1st game in front of new stand - doubt they would allow us to play there plus with the big 4 possibly in the semi finals - I would imagine it would be Hampden once again.
    Is the guy with the rucksack that nutter who was on here a few days back getting along to launch some missiles at the new stand before it's even opened?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Here is a picture of the final design - http://www.constructionenquirer.com/...8b6852ef32.jpg

Except it's not actually the final design, as it doesn't include the Executive Seating, Dugouts and Press area. It also seems to minimize the Police Box somewhat.

Bascially, that photo makes their new stand look remarkably like a Maroon seated version of our East Stand, a bog standard single tiered Stand, but with a big girder on top.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    That photo does not look too bad, except maroon is just a horrible colour. (That photo has been 'lightened' a little I think). Not just because it is their colour. In the league of dark, drab colours maroon is one rung up from dark brown.

Dark brown or maroon? Not a lot in it. Tom Kite does not show on dark brown. Blood does not show on maroon. Just a pity for them that Tom Kites shows up every week in maroon.
    Unfortunately for them, colours toward the red end of the spectrum (eg. bloodied turd) are the quickest to fade, which is why their existing seats look so crap, whereas those at ER of a similar age are still looking smert.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Except it's not actually the final design, as it doesn't include the Executive Seating, Dugouts and Press area. It also seems to minimize the Police Box somewhat.

Bascially, that photo makes their new stand look remarkably like a Maroon seated version of our East Stand, a bog standard single tiered Stand, but with a big girder on top.
    It doesn't help that the graphics/images are pish poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

The near (Gorgie) stand appears to have pink seats

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Thought they enlarged the pitch, by taking seats out the front of the Gorgie and Roseburn stands?
    That's what I thought.

I recall teams in smaller traditional old stadia were allowed participate in UEFA competitions as it would be impossible to change the pitch size. As new grounds have been built more and more teams are now playing on pirches between 100-105m and no more than 68m wide.

I'm thinking of Arsenal at Highbury - when they moved to the Emirates they ensured their new pitch size was/is 105m x 68m.

Pretty sure the Yams pitch is the minimum 100x68m. Still seems very pokey though.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSauzee View Post
    That's what I thought.

I recall teams in smaller traditional old stadia were allowed participate in UEFA competitions as it would be impossible to change the pitch size. As new grounds have been built more and more teams are now playing on pirches between 100-105m and no more than 68m wide.

I'm thinking of Arsenal at Highbury - when they moved to the Emirates they ensured their new pitch size was/is 105m x 68m.

Pretty sure the Yams pitch is the minimum 100x68m. Still seems very pokey though.

100m x 64m, which is the absolute minimum for hosting Euro qualifying matches, but not large enough for international games or other tournaments.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    100m x 64m, which is the absolute minimum for hosting Euro qualifying matches, but not large enough for international games or other tournaments.

It was previously recorded as 107 yards long , that is 97.8 metres and took the back of the goal nets onto the narrow track behind the goals.

Extending the pitch 2.2 metres would put the nets into the seats .

They are also prone to quoting their dimensions in yards to give the impression it's bigger than it actually is.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Unfortunately for them, colours toward the red end of the spectrum (eg. bloodied turd) are the quickest to fade, which is why their existing seats look so crap, whereas those at ER of a similar age are still looking smert.

Yup one of their HMFC crests is now barely visible.

Knowing them they bought extra cheap seats which fade even faster.

Hearts won't need to worry about European football for the foreseeable.

For a club obsessed with size I'm shocked the new TINcastle will be smaller than Easter Road. It will be enough to tip the average Jambo over the edge.

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    I think there is still some leeway on pitch size. Anfield and Goodison Park are given in yards! as 110 - so 101 metres give or take a few cms. I think Anfield is a UEFA cat 3 stadium but minimum pitch length for that category is supposed to be 105m.

Will be interesting to see what the executive seating looks like...bigger / wider seats with more leg room? Probably same leg room as everyone else (which isn't much).

Dugouts - are going to be like Wheatfield and in the stand - they will need to do something to provide cover from the rain as the Wheatfield ones have been awful when it's rained - plus the PBS roof hardly reach the front row of the stand so you will be soaked.

Press Area and TV camera space - who knows...Easter Road has camera access on all 4 sides of the stadium - I don't see any camera access in the new main stand - instead they have tried to cram in as many seats as possible including several restricted view seats at each end of the stand - even if the police box goes the final 2 rows will look through the floodlights pretty much.

I don't know many football clubs that have a single tier main stand unless they play in the Lowland League or lower English conference.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Im sure its been answered before, but why have they gone for a single tier main stand?

I am sure the facilities in behind will be decent enough, but whats seen on the tv will look a bit crap. I mean, I quite like the East, but its clearly not a main stand when you see it on the tv.

Jambos one will look pretty identical (albeit with pink seats) to the East when its finished.

Is it simply lack of money, or space

Found a better image...

Untitled.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Found a better image...

Untitled.jpg

Will be interesting to see what the executive seating looks like...bigger / wider seats with more leg room? Probably same leg room as everyone else (which isn't much).

Dugouts - are going to be like Wheatfield and in the stand - they will need to do something to provide cover from the rain as the Wheatfield ones have been awful when it's rained - plus the PBS roof hardly reach the front row of the stand so you will be soaked.

Press Area and TV camera space - who knows...Easter Road has camera access on all 4 sides of the stadium - I don't see any camera access in the new main stand - instead they have tried to cram in as many seats as possible including several restricted view seats at each end of the stand - even if the police box goes the final 2 rows will look through the floodlights pretty much.

I don't know many football clubs that have a single tier main stand unless they play in the Lowland League or lower English conference.
    Celtc Park.

Celtc Park.
    http://stadiumdb.com/pictures/stadiu...tic_park12.jpg

While I know what you are saying - I still consider that 2 tiers..as entrances / doors half way up.

I think they also have plans to try redevelop this stand also in the near future.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    There is also minimum requirements for run off areas around the pitch and for the distance from the touch line to the first row of stadium seating as well

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Found a better image...

Untitled.jpg
    😂😂😂

Left by mutual consent!
    http://stadiumdb.com/pictures/stadiu...tic_park12.jpg

While I know what you are saying - I still consider that 2 tiers..as entrances / doors half way up.

I think they also have plans to try redevelop this stand also in the near future.
    Might be wrong but IIRC the main stand at Celtic is a kind of upgrade of what was there before rather than a new stand. It would have been seen as very 'modern' back in the 70s/80s (I seem to recall it had orange seats a bit like Meadowbank). I think they've done their best to blend it into the rest of the ground but as you can see it still has pillars.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Might be wrong but IIRC the main stand at Celtic is a kind of upgrade of what was there before rather than a new stand. It would have been seen as very 'modern' back in the 70s/80s (I seem to recall it had orange seats a bit like Meadowbank). I think they've done their best to blend it into the rest of the ground but as you can see it still has pillars.
    The pillars are not there during the games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    That photo does not look too bad, except maroon is just a horrible colour. (That photo has been 'lightened' a little I think). Not just because it is their colour. In the league of dark, drab colours maroon is one rung up from dark brown.

Dark brown or maroon? Not a lot in it. Tom Kite does not show on dark brown. Blood does not show on maroon. Just a pity for them that Tom Kites shows up every week in maroon.
    If you look closely the Police Control Room ends at the end of stand. Now that's computer generated as in reality it is positioned directly in front of the Lowe section of the stand and those sitting even 10 or even more rows back won't see the goal at that end.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    For a club obsessed with size I'm shocked the new TINcastle will be smaller than Easter Road. It will be enough to tip the average Jambo over the edge.
    Just wait until the find out the FACTS and TRUTH that it will be less than 20,000. I would go as far to say it will be nearer 19k than 20 and if that

I believe the Police Box stays and I say this is why was or hasn't it been moved already!! There is no place for it anywhere else!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Just wait until the find out the FACTS and TRUTH that it will be less than 20,000. I would go as far to say it will be nearer 19k than 20 and if that

There should be a sweep, I'm going for an optimistic 18,700.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    There should be a sweep, I'm going for an optimistic 18,700.
    you are being far too kind!!

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    IT is what it is......TINYcastle.

Celtc Park.

It depends how you decide what a 'tier' is.

Celtic Park main stand actually has entrances on two levels, so it could possibly be called two tiered.