hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 430 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ^^ Have a read at this from kickback. I think you'll like it

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....dated/page-268
    Hilarious how the beLIEvers over there are trying to redefine "panoramic view of the Edinburgh skyline" as "being able to see the castle".

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fiolex1 View Post
    Cost up to £14 million, due to larger kiosks and toilets!!
    Hmm... They're going to need a bigger cow!

So its gone from a rooftop michelin star resturant with skyline views of the castle to Kiosk at the top of the stand with chips and a skyline view of the top of lots of houses.

Also reckon the obsession with views is because there's cracking views of Arthurs seat and the forth from our home.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Could the city council not arrange for the castle to be jacked up twenty metres or so?

The viewing area will be crammed full of councillors every week so they'll want a decent view surely.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Skyline Suite to be renamed the Schooline Suite now the view has been revealed.

a former hertz player would have loved a view of the school

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Also reckon the obsession with views is because there's cracking views of Arthurs seat and the forth from our home.
    Hearts fan on that thread saying we will be gutted that the only view from our hospitality will be of the car park, completely forgetting that ours looks out on the only view that actually matters - the pitch.

There was a feature on it on Reporting Scotland tonight. Over budget at 14m now. Budge said they had been flexing the plans as the build progressed. "I decided I'd like some more toilets and asked if the kiosks could be bigger." The latter point being necessary due to the introduction of chips no doubt. 14m for a big sardine can with a big glasshouse bolted on the front. Unbelievable.

Edit - missed the posts from earlier tonight already pointing this out. She looked fair proud though.
    Last edited by tamig; 12-07-2017 at 10:21 PM.

[QUOTE=Waxy;5099786]Also reckon the obsession with views is because there's cracking views of Arthurs seat and the forth from our home.

Indeed, from the FF in what was BTG there are sweeping views across Leith down to the Forth ... apart from the view of Tynecastle high school from hospitality at the very top of their new greenhouse what can you see from any other stand at the PBS apart from a bunch of tenements. To be honest what you can see from out the back of any stand doesn't really matter ..... but at Easter Road you can view the important part from inside three of the four stands ... IE the pitch .... you can't do that from any stand at the PBS not even their new 12 million quid mega stand .... talk about cheap crap

[QUOTE=NAE NOOKIE;5099794]
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post

Indeed, from the FF in what was BTG there are sweeping views across Leith down to the Forth ... apart from the view of Tynecastle high school from hospitality at the very top of their new greenhouse what can you see from any other stand at the PBS apart from a bunch of tenements. To be honest what you can see from out the back of any stand doesn't really matter ..... but at Easter Road you can view the important part from inside three of the four stands ... IE the pitch .... you can't do that from any stand at the PBS not even their new 12 million quid mega stand .... talk about cheap crap
    Make that 14m bud.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    There was a feature on it on Reporting Scotland tonight. Over budget at 14m now. Budge said they had been flexing the plans as the build progressed. "I decided I'd like some more toilets and asked if the kiosks could be bigger." The latter point being necessary due to the introduction of chips no doubt. 14m for a big sardine can with a big glasshouse bolted on the front. Unbelievable.

Edit - missed the posts from earlier tonight already pointing this out. She looked fair proud though.
    THEY ARE SKINT.......BEGGING BOWL OOT FOR EXTRA SHUNKS

The Greenhouse. Thats it for me, Im finished with PBS, from now on its The Greenhouse.

[QUOTE=tamig;5099798]
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Make that 14m bud.
    I stand corrected ........ they better have a factory out there mass producing fake Owls

[QUOTE=NAE NOOKIE;5099804]

I stand corrected ........ they better have a factory out there mass producing fake Owls
    They need a herd of cows placed strategically outside all council offices and golf clubhouses to maximise potential revenue from their core support

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    The Greenhouse. Thats it for me, Im finished with PBS, from now on its The Greenhouse.
    Make that the tiny (tynie) Greenhouse.

So last night we hear the cost has gone up 2 million.

Did Ann convieniently make this decision so that she is due back even more money on her loans ?

I know they had some FOH vote about where money is going previously but surely someone must have given the all clear to spending more ?

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    So last night we hear the cost has gone up 2 million.

Did Ann convieniently make this decision so that she is due back even more money on her loans ?

I know they had some FOH vote about where money is going previously but surely someone must have given the all clear to spending more ?
    Just the one fan shareholder still.

She does what she want, she does what she wants, she's Mrs Budge and she does what she wants.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due

Spending other people's money must be very enjoyable!

A £2m overspend is pretty serious surely - imagine we got hit for a bill for £2m that we hadnt budgeted for.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Hilarious how the beLIEvers over there are trying to redefine "panoramic view of the Edinburgh skyline" as "being able to see the castle".
    Be fair.

It IS a "skyline view." It's just that it's the skyline of McLeod Street.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Be fair.

It IS a "skyline view." It's just that it's the skyline of McLeod Street.
    So we're talking a view of the sky that the entire country gets free gratis and a chance to look at a few cracked chimney pots and TV aerials along with some old roof tiles?

Could maybe brighten things up a bit by sticking the coo on a roof? Another first for the famous.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Maybe time they organised another raffle.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...ment-1-4423712

Has the winner had his hols. yet ?

Loved this quote from brokeback on the change in potential views from their lounge:

The rationale for the hospitality facing away from the ground was that it would give a glorious panoramic view of Edinburgh. It would be helpful if the club could clarify that this consists of more than just a close-up of Tynecastle High school's roof.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Maybe time they organised another raffle.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...ment-1-4423712

Has the winner had his hols. yet ?
    Decided to sink his money into plastic owls instead? looks like a better long term investment, terrific rate of return.

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due
    Surely the alarming thing (if you're a Jambo) about the new £2m overspend is that it is added to the shortfall they already had. Bearing in mind that they set out to raise £1m from supporter donations and that all the payback for Mrs B's loans has to come from supporter donations that's a lot of digging deep for our maroon mates. I know they're taking enormous pride in their efforts to rebuild their club (as well they should) but surely there should be some kind of agreement with the current owner as to how the money is spent. It certainly seems odd that Ann Budge can just rack up the bill by tweaking the plans when, ultimately, other folks are going to have to pay for it.

Also, while it's undoubtedly useful to have an increased capacity at the chip stalls, they're only open on matchdays. So you have an hour or so before the games and half time to sell stuff times 20 odd home games a season. That's a very limited time window for flogging stuff. They may succeed in simply shortening the queues rather than making more money. One can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Loved this quote from brokeback on the change in potential views from their lounge:

The rationale for the hospitality facing away from the ground was that it would give a glorious panoramic view of Edinburgh. It would be helpful if the club could clarify that this consists of more than just a close-up of Tynecastle High school's roof.

The rationale for the hospitality facing away from the ground comes about because its a one tier stand given the cramped confines of their *hithole. The offer of "skyline views like no other" is a compromise and its a botched one at that. Its like no other I suppose though.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    If I get the ladders out and up on the roof, I get views "like no other" of my neighbours gardens. Its not like seeing the Castle, but looks nicer than Tynie High School.

If I stand in the middle of my street or the top of my garden I have sweeping panoramic views of the beautiful Eildon hills .... unfortunately from my windows the hills cant be seen and for that reason I haven't called the house 'Eildon view' ..... time for a review of that methinks

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Christ, the fact that Budge can justify a 17% increase in the building work costs and justify it with 'larger kiosks and toilets' and that mob just shrug it off and accept it is proper scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Christ, the fact that Budge can justify a 17% increase in the building work costs and justify it with 'larger kiosks and toilets' and that mob just shrug it off and accept it is proper scary.
    I agree, there's no way that a few additional toilets and bigger kiosks will total £2m. It's smoke and mirrors while the Jambos turn a blind eye.

The good thing is that they won't be told as it's their new stand and we are just jealous - yeah, right

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Am getting confused now, is this Budge owing it to herself and them owing it to her? And she can do anything else she fancies.

A derivative of the Vladimir Romanov model

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Sir Matt Busby