hibs.net Messageboard

Page 104 of 430 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 12885
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The quality is obvious.
    Not a lot of leg room either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hopefully they seal those gaps as if it rains there will be more leaks just what Gary Locke likes.

In all seriousness though the new changing rooms and tunnel did flood at one of the league cup games as I know someone who was on the staff.

Temporary seating to be resold when they realise the stadium isn't fit for purpose in a few years time. Fast forward say 20+ years - do we really reckon Hearts will still be at Tin Pot castle ? They can't expand and too expensive to rebuild - so just delaying the enevitable move one day.

I'm so glad we have ER, our own training base and run by people who know what they are doing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Hopefully they seal those gaps as if it rains there will be more leaks just what Gary Locke likes.

In all seriousness though the new changing rooms and tunnel did flood at one of the league cup games as I know someone who was on the staff.

Temporary seating to be resold when they realise the stadium isn't fit for purpose in a few years time. Fast forward say 20+ years - do we really reckon Hearts will still be at Tin Pot castle ? They can't expand and too expensive to rebuild - so just delaying the enevitable move one day.

I'm so glad we have ER, our own training base and run by people who know what they are doing.
    Does ER have potential to expand? Would it be via the corners? We couldn't do a Liverpool and keep increasing the size of the West or East?

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Sorry, missed Baker9's earlier post.
    Which is not difficult with over 3000 to pick from

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    Does ER have potential to expand? Would it be via the corners? We couldn't do a Liverpool and keep increasing the size of the West or East?
    You could maybe fill the corner between the west and away end, I think the roads restrict the ability to fill in the gap on the other side of the west.

A third tier on the west would be cool

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    You could maybe fill the corner between the west and away end, I think the roads restrict the ability to fill in the gap on the other side of the west.

A third tier on the west would be cool
    You could do a top level only between the West and the famous five....would be shockingly expensive for the additional capacity but I hear that what all big teams do these days

Left by mutual consent!
    I don't think we have to expand ER as it is. Maybe one day in the future we could redevelop the three non West Stands with one big continuous stand wrapped around the West. It would take serious money of course but it's certainly viable. Until then we have a cracking stadium in any case.

Budgies folly The Perspex Palace

The new Edinburgh disgrace

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    That's what I thought. Similar to the stands they put up for the Open golf championship or the Edinburgh Military Tattoo, which are clanky, noisy things to manoeuvre your way around.

Seriously, is this thin metal cladding really what the finished underfoot surface will be? If so, the new stand sounds like it will be even more hazardous to sit in than the old one. I recall back in the day that the occupants of what was known as the North Stand at Easter Road used to stamp their feet to lift the atmosphere. If everyone in Hearts' new tin hut tries to do that you'd worry about the whole thing collapsing.
    Was just thinking the same.

When blackpool were in the premiership they threw up quite a sizeable bolted together temporary structure. I was in it twice and it looked remarkably like this underfoot. You could make a fair noise from it but the cardigans won't like that.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    The new Edinburgh disgrace

Ha, ha, brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    And another one of mine - facing East.

Attachment 19299

Sorry everybody - I'm signed off work for a month so I'm bored out my tits.

What is it you do for a living?

Left by mutual consent!
    Went past it today and it's an eye sore. It's like a 60s office block.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This all sounds very feasible and by all means keep any insider info coming.

I'm intrigued that this thread is the one that has prompted you to make your first post despite having been registered on here for ten years
    I am a regular reader of the forum, I am just fed up with my jambo mate constantly going on about they will finally have a better stadium than us. So when my dad told me about it I couldn't help myself put it on when in his company this morning he was raging with me and really lost the plot about it all. As for 1st post I have seen others in the past get told they are jambos just joining our forum and to be honest that always put me off a bit.

The quality is obvious.

Seriously, what the hell is that? Sheet metal?

It's a glorified biscuit tin.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    The short answer is architectural technician, though things are a bit different here. There's my boss (who's totally sound), the secretaries, 3 guys who do all the site supervision and contract administration and 6 of us including 2 architects in the drawing office. I'm already a partner but 3 of us have to buy out my boss when he retires at the end of the year.

The short answer is architectural technician, though things are a bit different here. There's my boss (who's totally sound), the secretaries, 3 guys who do all the site supervision and contract administration and 6 of us including 2 architects in the drawing office. I'm already a partner but 3 of us have to buy out my boss when he retires at the end of the year.

Ah, OK, so you know about building stuff.

Another question, do you speak French with an Allo Allo accent?

Of course ER has potential to increase.

Corners / add more height to East or West.

I can see that happening for a while plus expensive but we have the land space to do so. Tin pot castle doesn't and is stuck with a pitch that couldn't ever see them hosting an international or UEFA group stages. Again makes it hilarious they are spending so much money on something that only fixes a few previous issues they had and raise the capacity by a few thousand.

Meaning they are still below us (they must be sick about that) and we have a better built - higher spec stand that can host any level of football.

Yes a little smug we have a better facility.

Ah, OK, so you know about building stuff.

Another question, do you speak French with an Allo Allo accent?
    I started as an apprentice 33 years ago so I know a wee bit, although it's been a huge learning curve since I moved here in 13 years ago as I'm working on projects that are much bigger than anything I did in Edinburgh.

As for the accent, nearly everyone understands me fine but my mates rip the pish non stop. I give as good as I get though.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker9 View Post
    Was she not at Trinity at some point? She got highers and Ainslie Park did not do highers at that time. She was at Pennywell Primary.
    Some people born in 1948 who were at Trinity doing Highers:

Trinity69YearOld.jpg

Girl at top left?

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Some people born in 1948 who were at Trinity doing Highers:

Trinity69YearOld.jpg

Girl at top left?
    Dunno, but is that Kano 4th from the right in the front row?

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Dunno, but is that Kano 4th from the right in the front row?
    Yes, it's him.

Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    Budgies folly The Perspex Palace

The Perspex palace... I like it..

Think we need a List of these names - Maybe a Top 10 / or even 100+.. Some of them are too good to forget..

Does anyone know how much it will cost? I heard from a decent source they are £5M over budget already!!

Testimonial Due
    I was chatting with the family yams yesterday. They're not really looking forward to playing at Murrayfield but they are very excited about returning to the new look Tynecastle. They think the club is building a stand that's 'exactly the right size'. What size is that then? I asked. What will the capacity be when the work's finished? They BELIEVE that the new stand will increase capacity by 4000 taking the overall capacity to 22,000. The believe this absolutely. Which made me think, are they right? Are we wrong? Does anyone, including the folks actually building the stand, have the slightest idea of how many seats it will have once they eventually arrive on the slow boat from the Far East?

Should we start a sweep on the final number?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    I was chatting with the family yams yesterday. They're not really looking forward to playing at Murrayfield but they are very excited about returning to the new look Tynecastle. They think the club is building a stand that's 'exactly the right size'. What size is that then? I asked. What will the capacity be when the work's finished? They BELIEVE that the new stand will increase capacity by 4000 taking the overall capacity to 22,000. The believe this absolutely. Which made me think, are they right? Are we wrong? Does anyone, including the folks actually building the stand, have the slightest idea of how many seats it will have once they eventually arrive on the slow boat from the Far East?

If their capacity was going to be higher than Easter Road's Anne Budge would be mentioning it in every rambling statement she makes.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

The quality is obvious.

http://www.safetyatsportsgrounds.org...reen-guide.pdf

All minimum dimensions of new stand seating are in the Green Guide.

Section 12 , page 116. Row width min. 700 mm and each seat min. 460 mm , but recommends 500 mm because folk are getting bigger.

Does those steps look 700mm wide ? hard to tell.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post

Do we include restricted view seats? If so they might just stumble above the 20k mark.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Seriously, what the hell is that? Sheet metal?

It's a glorified biscuit tin.
    Hope there is a full safety check before it's eventually used.

Look at the bottom step, one of the screws is either loose already or the hole was too big for it to fit in the first place.

Looks like if we take a couple of screwdrivers to our match there we could dismantle the seating during half-time.