hibs.net Messageboard

Page 101 of 430 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 12885
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard tonight that another two brickies walked off site today, arguments over the turnstyle build, they were told to re-do some work but weren't happy with the terms on offer.

The lift shaft is becoming increasingly problematic, it has been built in the same manner as The Leaning Tower of Pisa and is several centimetres off between top and bottom, it could be costly when it comes to putting the lift in position.

They've also ordered the wrong size of lintels for the openings at the lift doors, I hope they're not going to do any short cuts to remedy this problem.

Morale is at an all time low on site, some of the management are at breaking point, I'm hearing from some involved that its one of the worst run jobs they've ever been on.

January now a more likely completion date.

Which year?

This reminds me of the old Tom Hanks film "The Money Pit" ...

Access to the upper tier ...

images (1).jpg

Executive seating ...

money-pit-tom-hanks-caught-in-floor-carpet-hole-review.jpg

The promised opening date ....

images.jpg

Still waiting .....

images (2).jpg

OK - the last one's from "The Castaway" but you get the point ...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Popped over to sickback and our old friend Craigie Boy having a go that this thread is over 100 pages long. I'm surprised it's only that to be honest.

How dare we have a thread on our neighbours who were shouting from the rooftops how grand their new stand will look. Not like they have been lied to is it?

Nothing like the original plans, conveniently forgot to order the seats, materials used are cheap as chips and in all honesty is one of the worst looking stands I've actually witnessed.

How are these clowns seriously thinking we are (wait for it)...... Jealous 😂😂

Joking aside it's very worrying the utter ***** they take in from Budge and co each day.

Chips you say?
    That's great

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bee View Post
    Aye but they will and when you go up there then climb a 60ft ladder, you'll be able to see the flag poles on top of the castle.
    The ladder lounge...

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    They really are a special bunch when it comes to economics. Taken from Kickback:

There's a difference between something being

over budget and the cost being higher than the original budget because you have added extras.

Their dear leader admitted as early as June that it was running over budget, and that was before the confirmed delays to opening.

“As I have said repeatedly, every day brings its own challenges on a project of this size and complexity and, not entirely unexpectedly, we have been faced with a number of changes that have resulted in some budget overruns. “However, these are at a level that are manageable and capable of being met from club funds; and most importantly, will not result in us failing to achieve our very tight timescales. In short, things continue to be managed very tightly and everything is still going 
to plan.”

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    They really are a special bunch when it comes to economics. Taken from Kickback:

over budget and the cost being higher than the original budget because you have added extras.

Their dear leader admitted as early as June that it was running over budget, and that was before the confirmed delays to opening.

“As I have said repeatedly, every day brings its own challenges on a project of this size and complexity and, not entirely unexpectedly, we have been faced with a number of changes that have resulted in some budget overruns. “However, these are at a level that are manageable and capable of being met from club funds; and most importantly, will not result in us failing to achieve our very tight timescales. In short, things continue to be managed very tightly and everything is still going 
to plan.”

Isn't that what the Grand Old Duke of York said when he arrived back at the bottom of the hill?

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    I'm actually starting to have some sympathy for Ann Budge in all this - for me, she's always comes across as a decent sort and I think her reasons for taking them over were she just wanted to 'save an Edinburgh institution' but without doing any actual research into their history and behaviour. Increasingly she's more and more resembling a 'Rabbit caught in the headlights' and by putting her trust in Craig Levein, she's made probably the biggest mistake of her career as Levein's only interested in himself with even Hearts a distant 2nd to his list of priorities !. If she's not careful she'll allow herself to be dragged down to their levels and all the years she spent building her good name will have been wasted !
    I can empathise with this. I knew Ann Bryden well at the primary school. It is a long time ago but she was thoroughly decent and exceptionally bright. I am pleased that there have been minimal personal attacks on her on this site. She appears to still be thoroughly decent. I remember that she was unusual amongst the girls in the school in declaring that she liked football and supported Hearts, and her love for them is genuine. She has been courageous in taking the route she has in a business that she has no knowledge of. Her reliance on her Director of Football and others to guide her has turned out to be misjudged and I am hopeful that she can get out of this with her dignity intact. She deserves to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I worked the the Scottish Executive at the time and while not involved some friends were.

The client was the UK Government and those working in Edinburgh 'were just following orders'.

Many of the changes came about as a direct result of a step change in the terror threat during the build and how protecting against this bounced between the terror advisers down south and those up here getting on with it.
    You are referring to the possibilty of an MSP being shot while sitting in a thinking pod window, an ammendment was made and the weird wood we see now was installed. The idea was that a sniper would have a more difficult target if mishapen wood was placed in front of the windows. Each length of wood was steam heated to allow different shapes to be formed, the figure I was told was 11 grand per length, seems a bit much I know, probably nearer to 11 grand per window.
    Im led to believe no one uses the pods for sitting in silent contemplation with a view to coming up with imaginative ways of running the country, instead they are used as bookshelves and make shift filing cabinets.

I sent one of the photos from inside the ground to some yam chums and asked why it looked so small??

I was told I had photo shopped it to make it look like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker9 View Post
    I can empathise with this. I knew Ann Bryden well at the primary school. It is a long time ago but she was thoroughly decent and exceptionally bright. I am pleased that there have been minimal personal attacks on her on this site. She appears to still be thoroughly decent. I remember that she was unusual amongst the girls in the school in declaring that she liked football and supported Hearts, and her love for them is genuine. She has been courageous in taking the route she has in a business that she has no knowledge of. Her reliance on her Director of Football and others to guide her has turned out to be misjudged and I am hopeful that she can get out of this with her dignity intact. She deserves to.
    I agree. She appears to be trying to do the right thing.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    You are referring to the possibilty of an MSP being shot while sitting in a thinking pod window, an ammendment was made and the weird wood we see now was installed. The idea was that a sniper would have a more difficult target if mishapen wood was placed in front of the windows. Each length of wood was steam heated to allow different shapes to be formed, the figure I was told was 11 grand per length, seems a bit much I know, probably nearer to 11 grand per window.
    Im led to believe no one uses the pods for sitting in silent contemplation with a view to coming up with imaginative ways of running the country, instead they are used as bookshelves and make shift filing cabinets.

FF, you seem to have a fair amount of experience of the construction industry in Edinburgh and wonder if you have ever seen anything like the amount of rule breaking and blind eye turning that is going on over at Gorgie.

The whole new stand been under construction for over 6 months and the Building warrant still not issued.

The undercroft to the Wheatfield Stand which houses the new club shop, offices ,ticket office and changing rooms is occupied every day of the week with no completion certificate or temporary occupation cert.

A complaint about breach of planning conditions on the site received on 6th March still, pending considerations on some planning officer's desk.

The extra safety work around the distillery storage vats has planning permission and the work has been done with no Building Warrant being applied for.

I'm sure there's lots more .

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post

to plan.”

Some trumpet called Buffalo Bill crowing on Yakbak about our Yams stand thread says

"It will be completed on schedule" ("although opening obviously late")

😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Yes it is. A curtain wall is any weatherproof but non load bearing (normally panelled) finish applied to a facade.

It'll be interesting to see if they've studied the heat loss/gain that this sort of system produces. Think of a greenhouse - too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. Anne might have to run up some nice curtains for the school-view restaurant.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I think its more likely to do with the blast walls that had to be incorporated into the design.

A cost increase in October 2002, is reported to be due to increased security needs, requiring that bombproof cladding be incorporated into designs for the external fabric of the building
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Interesting insight on the early years of the Queen of Hearts.

As an outsider looking in, she is not well supported with the club. No self-respecting organisation would allow those statements to be published unedited.

She is also being disingenuous - unless the stand really will be completed next Saturday (bar the seats, of course).

Why do you think this is?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Interesting insight on the early years of the Queen of Hearts.

As an outsider looking in, she is not well supported with the club. No self-respecting organisation would allow those statements to be published unedited.

She is also being disingenuous - unless the stand really will be completed next Saturday (bar the seats, of course).

Why do you think this is?
    There ia so much spin and using the fans to bailout the club with limited liability to her. Lots outright lying to public and fans. And as you say the statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    I think its more likely to do with the blast walls that had to be incorporated into the design.
    There was that and also a whole range of other stuff the one that sticks in my mind was a rocket attack from Arthur's Seat!

The original design, pre terrorism, was a concept building with free and easy access but mid build had to be turned into a fortress!

Anyway. Enough of this. The yams needn't worry about such things. More likely their concerns will be around a stiff breeze in February!
    Space to let

Left by mutual consent!
    I was always under the impression she didn't really like football but her daughter got her into going to games? She's also joined at the hip with that bitter odious ******** Levein so I'm out any kind of love in

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    I was always under the impression she didn't really like football but her daughter got her into going to games? She's also joined at the hip with that bitter odious ******** Levein so I'm out any kind of love in
    That is definitely not the case. She went to Tynecastle as a youngster.

Left by mutual consent!
    See Craigieboy on keeckback's started 'another' thread on hibs. He's mumping about hibs.netters having a thread regarding their new main stand. He's totally 100% obsessed with us and its getting a bit creepy. Started the thread slating us, he's ended up arguing with other yams about them 'reeking' of hibs. It looks brutal from the outside, its over budget and late in schedule which is mainly why we're commenting on it as is our right. Complete roaster and your stand looks brutal from the outside craigieboy!

Left by mutual consent!
    Fair enough, poor woman.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    Jeez, the school looks better and more modern!
    Looks quite tall as well eh?! :P

Maybe they can supply all the hospitality guests a blue peter style periscope each :)

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    So they're aware of this thread and presumably have read parts of it.

How the hell do they come to the conclusion that we're jealous?!

We're just saying what most of them are thinking but they're too scared to say so. Tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    FF, you seem to have a fair amount of experience of the construction industry in Edinburgh and wonder if you have ever seen anything like the amount of rule breaking and blind eye turning that is going on over at
    No. It is the worst run job in the history of worst run jobs and i speak as someone who had a very small part in the trams fiasco as well as a year or so on the parliament debacle. My company have tendered for a small part of the tynecastle build but my boss still hasn't heard if they've decided who has the contract for our specific trade. My boss is a jambo ST holder and he says the guys running it are utterly useless.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh_070362 View Post
    See Craigieboy on keeckback's started 'another' thread on hibs. He's mumping about hibs.netters having a thread regarding their new main stand. He's totally 100% obsessed with us and its getting a bit creepy. Started the thread slating us, he's ended up arguing with other yams about them 'reeking' of hibs. It looks brutal from the outside, its over budget and late in schedule which is mainly why we're commenting on it as is our right. Complete roaster and your stand looks brutal from the outside craigieboy!

Is that plum still on their ?? Good few years ago now when i was top hibs.net trumpet circa 2008 he was pished one night and challenged me to a boxing charity fight by making a thread over on fascinatedwithusback, He then woke up in the morning quickly deleted the thread and denied all knowledge

Still an absolute fan dan nearly 10 years later

Are you thinking about the same person ? Budge wasn't her name when she was a youngster.

Which is presumably why he calls her Ann Bryden?

Sorry, missed Baker9's earlier post.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Is that plum still on their ?? Good few years ago now when i was top hibs.net trumpet circa 2008 he was pished one night and challenged me to a boxing charity fight by making a thread over on fascinatedwithusback, He then woke up in the morning quickly deleted the thread and denied all knowledge

Would you have accepted? Reason I ask is that my laddie knows him and he's, erm, a bit of a dick in the real world too!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post

Turns out he's more of a roaster than I thought!

For allegedly being the 'big team', they're totally obsessed with us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Are you definitely recalling the same Ann?

She says in this interview that it was her daughter who persuaded her to attend her first Hearts match when she was in her 40s:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...ries-1-3584044

Also says here that apart from her daughter her whole family are Hibs fans, with her parents both hailing from Leith. Clever businesswoman she may be, but she showed a serious error of judgement in opting for the yams so I'm afraid my sympathy is limited.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37002645