hibs.net Messageboard

Page 253 of 430 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,590 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...eady-1-4613381

I note the Cooncil is, as usual, bending over backwards to accommodate Hearts. I wonder if someone wanted to open a new shop or factory whether Cooncil workers would make themselves available on Saturday or Sunday to help them do so. Aye, right!
    Sensible PR by the council.

They are telling Hearts that the council won't be "to blame" if the match is postponed.

In reality, the SPFL won't allow this to run into Sunday morning.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    From Allisbarry, Budgies mouthpiece.

Other areas of the structure must also be completed but the Council are keen to do everything to help Hearts.

The Glasgow club enjoy a cordial relationship with their Gorgie counterparts and the Evening News believes they would not be unduly difficult to deal with over a possible postponement.

It will increase Tynecastle’s capacity to more than 20,000 people.

Dearie me !!!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

I note the Cooncil is, as usual, bending over backwards to accommodate Hearts. I wonder if someone wanted to open a new shop or factory whether Cooncil workers would make themselves available on Saturday or Sunday to help them do so. Aye, right!
    Any Council should bend over baxkwards to help local businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Sensible PR by the council.

They are telling Hearts that the council won't be "to blame" if the match is postponed.

In reality, the SPFL won't allow this to run into Sunday morning.
    The police certainly won't.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Any Council should bend over baxkwards to help local businesses.

The police certainly won't.
    Tell that to Hibs when we wanted to buy the butterfly site.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Now Barry.

Even if Hearts are allowed to play at Tynecastle this weekend, it's not going to be 'finished' is it? Not even Budge is claiming that.

This taken from the EEN, juxtaposition of headline and photo made me laugh...

Capture.jpg

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post

Other areas of the structure must also be completed but the Council are keen to do everything to help Hearts.

The Glasgow club enjoy a cordial relationship with their Gorgie counterparts and the Evening News believes they would not be unduly difficult to deal with over a possible postponement.

Dearie me !!!
    I bet the council is bending over backwards

And they're still peddling the 20k capacity nonsense

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post

Dearie me !!!
    Funny how The Herald today is saying Thistle are concerned about the possibility of a last minute postponement and want a decision quickly. Reasonably points out that a postponement would mean Thistle possibly having to play 9 times in December, and a last minute postponement would disrupt training schedules and the ability to get practice by arranging a bounce match.

Not to mention supporters clubs need to book buses, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Now Barry.

Even if Hearts are allowed to play at Tynecastle this weekend, it's not going to be 'finished' is it? Not even Budge is claiming that.
    Why is nobody in the media questioning any of this? The reason this is all so much of a late last minute panic is down to incompetent management of the whole project and trying to do it on the cheap without employing a proper project manager or proper main contractor.

It's like one of those grand designs where some pompous battleaxe decides that because she has run a succcessfull business selling snow to the eskimos that she can run a complicated construction project without bothering to pay for an architect, a QS and a project manager and we all sit around laughing as Kevin McCloud* climbs through the shell of the building, half buried in snow and long abandoned since the owner fell out with the contractor, ran out of money and forgot to order the windows...

* In this story, Hibs.net is Kevin McCloud, Ann Budge is, ummm, Ann Budge and the windows are actually seats

That Evening News article. Wow. Barry ****ing Anderson, just look at him. Says it all.

I would expect a statement today. Usually they are published around 11am or 5pm.

With all the talk in the media and fans forums surely the yams will confirm today if the game is on or off.

For travelling fans / local fans and everyone working on the day you would think they will announce the outcome.

If they don’t - then they are an even bigger shambles of a club than one can imagine.

If they postpone the game last minute then they should face severe consequences for not being able to find a venue to host a game as planned atthe start of the season. If they blame it on health and safety and get away with it - it’s another sign of Scottish Football being run by muppets.

It seems they will host on Sunday but I can imagine many teething problems (turnstiles for example as we found with new system when implemented). They are desperate to get people inside to try make some money back (plus they don’t have a plan B).

Overall they remain such an amateur club and even spending £14 million can’t fund class. Can’t wait till they realise they won’t get over 20,000 and still have a funding gap to sort in the near future which will affect the already dire playing squad.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    image.jpg

Surprised to see Freddie Garrity watching the yams.... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    It's like one of those grand designs where some pompous battleaxe decides that because she has run a succcessfull business selling snow to the eskimos that she can run a complicated construction project without bothering to pay for an architect, a QS and a project manager and we all sit around laughing as Kevin McCloud* climbs through the shell of the building, half buried in snow and long abandoned since the owner fell out with the contractor, ran out of money and forgot to order the windows...

Seeing as it's basically a copy of their Wheatfield stand with a very basic office block tacked on the back of it, they probably thought it would be easy.

The Basic Stand for Basic People.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    I would expect a statement today. Usually they are published around 11am or 5pm.

With all the talk in the media and fans forums surely the yams will confirm today if the game is on or off.

For travelling fans / local fans and everyone working on the day you would think they will announce the outcome.

If they don’t - then they are an even bigger shambles of a club than one can imagine.

If they postpone the game last minute then they should face severe consequences for not being able to find a venue to host a game as planned atthe start of the season. If they blame it on health and safety and get away with it - it’s another sign of Scottish Football being run by muppets.

It seems they will host on Sunday but I can imagine many teething problems (turnstiles for example as we found with new system when implemented). They are desperate to get people inside to try make some money back (plus they don’t have a plan B).

Overall they remain such an amateur club and even spending £14 million can’t fund class. Can’t wait till they realise they won’t get over 20,000 and still have a funding gap to sort in the near future which will affect the already dire playing squad.
    They have council inspectors on standby for Saturday according to the news. Ridiculous on fabscand Thistle. They should have final inspection today. To give everybody sufficient notice.

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post

They should be made to play the game using the 3 stands only, honouring the tickets for these stands, including the away fans, and refund ticket holders for the new stand.

It would cost them money but, tough, it's a situation of their own making.
    Last edited by hibbymac; 15-11-2017 at 10:25 AM.
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

@hibs.net private member
    I've said before on this thread that for a living I buy and sell properties. I have a property on sale just now in Edinburgh that has had 2 offers fall through on. The reason is purely and simply City of Edinburgh Council.

every lawyer, surveyor, architect and property professional knows the council planning and building standards are in meltdown. Short staffed and far too much work.

i know a guy who's building warrant has been shipped out to Argyll & Bute council. So if they need to have a meeting with their Building Standards Officer they need to go through there.

i have been waiting 14 months for a building warrant. Was told to start work before it was in place. Now I have been waiting 6 months for warrant sign off and now I'm told 2-3 months for a site visit.

How on earth the council have the resources to be on site several days this week and advise hearts is disgusting.

Let them play the game at Easter Road. £500k should cover it

Testimonial Due
    The creative approach taken by The Herald almost makes the AB Arena look good.
    Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 09.49.59.jpg

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    I actually think that makes it look worse, if possible! As others have said, the stand will be functional and was much needed, the main reason we're all getting so much amusement out of it is down to their incessant need to try make it seem more than it is with the statements every two minutes and all the bluster that came with its announcement.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Actually, that's not such a bad idea. Huge embarrassment for them and some unexpected rental income for us. The game would go ahead and everyone would be happy. Their fans would also have the opportunity to closely compare our high quality football stadium before moving back to their place and they'd actually be able to accommodate a crowd of over 20,000 for the last time until they rent Murrayfield again. Win-Win if you ask me.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    I actually think that makes it look worse, if possible! As others have said, the stand will be functional and was much needed, the main reason we're all getting so much amusement out of it is down to their incessant need to try make it seem more than it is with the statements every two minutes and all the bluster that came with its announcement.
    The fish eye perspective makes the 'office block' look like it's part of the stadium and you could imagine that it was some kind of steel and glass bowl-shaped, purpose built affair rather than just a bunch of temporary stands with an ugly, boxy office block stuck on one side.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    I've said before on this thread that for a living I buy and sell properties. I have a property on sale just now in Edinburgh that has had 2 offers fall through on. The reason is purely and simply City of Edinburgh Council.

every lawyer, surveyor, architect and property professional knows the council planning and building standards are in meltdown. Short staffed and far too much work.

i know a guy who's building warrant has been shipped out to Argyll & Bute council. So if they need to have a meeting with their Building Standards Officer they need to go through there.

i have been waiting 14 months for a building warrant. Was told to start work before it was in place. Now I have been waiting 6 months for warrant sign off and now I'm told 2-3 months for a site visit.

How on earth the council have the resources to be on site several days this week and advise hearts is disgusting.
    I have a good friend in the same game. Let's just say his experiences are similar to yours. He says they are actually costing him and his businesses money. Being cynical I asked for examples, sadly it's true.

How can they do it for Hearts? I guess the answer lies somewhere in the mindset that says it's okay to let them accrue tens of thousands of business tax debts and do nothing to diligently pursue it.

You know why they need all that corporate entertainment space in the school view lounge.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

I'm sure the morons think that's what it actually looks like.

Drink enough Buckfast, and it probably does ....

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Nah, let them keep their "dirty protests" to their own cess-pit.

Testimonial Due
    Obviously, they'd have to pay for any damage. That would be in the hire contract.

Left by mutual consent!

The usual nauseating stuff from allisbarry, attempting to portray this fiasco as some sort of heroic battle against the odds by Hearts. Pathetic.

A couple of points from this story:

"COUNCIL chiefs in Edinburgh say they will make safety officers available throughout Friday, Saturday and Sunday..."

Given the flak the council take over spending cuts, health and social care, parking, leisure facilties, education, bin collections, potholes etc does it not seem like skewed priorities to devote such resources to ensuring a shambolic football stand project gets over the line?!

"All concerned remain hopeful work will be completed in time and a temporary certificate granted to allow the match to go ahead as planned."

Maybe somebody in the trade will oblige with some info, but what is a 'temporary' certificate? I didn't realise there were halfway house measures when it comes to safety ie 'it'll do for now but it's not permanently safe'. Surely it conforms to safety regulations or it doesn't?

If the game gets postponed, more embarrassment for Budgie.

But probably a better outcome for her than letting the media etc see their half-finished Basic stand up close.

Re HIBS 4185 & BOSTON HIBBY'S POSTS ( #7584 /#7590) I run a home improvements company and can echo exactly what they have said; trying to get any kind of action from EDC is an absolute farce on Building Warrants / Planning / Visits / Inspections / Replies etc- by far the worst in the country. The Argyll & Bute thing is correct and I was told this week that Aberdeen council are now dealing with some things too plus Housing officers are being sent out to jobs,returning to the offices and saying "Not our department" which is adding to the delays. Yet, Hearts get to start the work without a BW in place ( remember that one,guys?) and now "Officers are in place to help" . I wish the rest of us could get that kind of service-amazing what happens when there is contacts around,eh?

Pantomime season starts early at tiny-castle

Hilarious stuff.

@hibs.net private member
    A few papers have that pic. Supplied by our pink chums I would guess.