hibs.net Messageboard

Page 400 of 430 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410 ... LastLast
Results 11,971 to 12,000 of 12885
    Quote Originally Posted by JK Rolling View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fixed that for you.

All you need to do now is cure your fixation.
    Bit naff.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Fixed that for you.

I enjoy & appreciate GG's "fixation' with the Yams non fixed stand. He's an expert on building regulations & is rightly pointing out that Yams cavalier attitude on these matters is similar to their regular non compliance with the laws of association football. Meanwhile Yams receive money for hosting an U21 international next week in an unfinished stadium with a tiny pitch I'd like to think Hibs have made their feelings known about this nonsense. Carry on GG.

Fixed that for you.

How do you feel about having a smaller stadium than the so called wee team? 😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    How do you feel about having a smaller stadium than the so called wee team?
    And partial views from some of the wee seats that are bolted down to the cheap slippery metal flooring?

Hopefully last season's rusting problem has been resolved by the top end architects and project managers who have overseen the megastand project from the beginning

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    And avoid as many facts as possible. Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    BH.... Nail on head. FACT!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    You're welcome.

I'm a "self sufficient " sort of person.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    I see they plan to open the Tynecastle nursery on 23rd Oct.

https://tynecastlenursery.files.word...tober-2018.pdf

Proviso that they ain't got the completion certificate yet !

News for them, they ain't even got a building warrant yet. What could go wrong

It should be mentioned that it may not be all Budge and Co's fault entirely. I was speaking to an architect who was telling me it is impossible to get anything done on any slightly complex project. The staff at Edinburgh Council building control are under instruction to knock out as many minor alterations and kitchen sink moves asap to get their completions percentage up to par.

Anything complicated has to wait ( the Budge folly is fits that category )

You do know that a Building Warrant and a Planning Application are two different things and dealt with on 2 different Council systems, and by two different teams? All Planning applications have been granted, with nothing outstanding. https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov...=02ZMAO00DT000 Any Building Warrant applicions for minor works are linked at the bottom of the main applications. The Nursery does state that consideration is pending, from my experience that actually means there are other issues that link to the nursery being granted. *I do have a house application in and it was granted 8 weeks ago yet the system still hasn;t been updated to show this!!

What I will say made me go WOW - £420k for a nursery??!!! ;) That can;t be correct!

I've read all (I think) of your posts from day 1, i'm coming out the other end feeling like nothing you've claimed has ever been true. I know we had this debate recently, but today I'm really wondering if you've been on the wind up from day 1.

Call me a Yam Fud all you want, the last tit for tat we had I actually did spend maybe an hour looking at the Council site, as somebody suggested I do, and I guess they hadn't actually done as they were advising me to do, and saw nothing on the planning portal to suggest there was anything outstanding.

All I see this does is whip people into a frenzy that can't be arsed looking things up, I was in that camp early on I must admit, but people, if it really upsets you, spend the time looking at all the public records and you'll see we've been done up like kippers.
    Last edited by I'm Spartacus; 16-10-2018 at 01:32 PM.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Stone View Post
    You do know that a Building Warrant and a Planning Application are two different things and dealt with on 2 different Council systems, and by two different teams? All Planning applications have been granted, with nothing outstanding. https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov...=02ZMAO00DT000 Any Building Warrant applicions for minor works are linked at the bottom of the main applications. The Nursery does state that consideration is pending, from my experience that actually means there are other issues that link to the nursery being granted. *I do have a house application in and it was granted 8 weeks ago yet the system still hasn;t been updated to show this!!

What I will say made me go WOW - £420k for a nursery??!!! ;) That can;t be correct!

I've read all (I think) of your posts from day 1, i'm coming out the other end feeling like nothing you've claimed has ever been true. I know we had this debate recently, but today I'm really wondering if you've been on the wind up from day 1.

Call me a Yam Fud all you want, the last tit for tat we had I actually did spend maybe an hour looking at the Council site, as somebody suggested I do, and I guess they hadn't actually done as they were advising me to do, and saw nothing on the planning portal to suggest there was anything outstanding.

All I see this does is whip people into a frenzy that can't be arsed looking things up, I was in that camp early on I must admit, but people, if it really upsets you, spend the time looking at all the public records and you'll see we've been done up like kippers.
    You’re a Yam Fud.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

Notwithstanding all that you say about the process, I can vouch for GG's Hobo connections..

Having met him, he probably has a closer connection with the club than most on here.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 16-10-2018 at 03:52 PM.

TBH the planning consent/ warrants has been a side show on this thread. A little cherry on the top of the total SHAMBLES this project has been.

It has been the project that has kept on giving. It has caused no end of pointing and laughing and I for one have enjoyed every minute.

I reckon that makes us deep into added on time!

I still love the massive sheet of OSB board that covers the entrance to the tunnel.

You can see it from the TV cameras, looks like a shutdown poundworld!

Is it a sell out tonight?

If so, and it is under the auspices of the SFA we might get a clue about the true capacity.

However, I fear this one will not sell out, and we will be left still not knowing since our Jambo friends have been very reluctant to reveal what is, for them, an unpleasant truth.

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    TBH the planning consent/ warrants has been a side show on this thread. A little cherry on the top of the total SHAMBLES this project has been.

It has been the project that has kept on giving. It has caused no end of pointing and laughing and I for one have enjoyed every minute.

I reckon that makes us deep into added on time!
    For me the REAL laughing stock issues have been the rusting steel, the seats not being ordered, the Police box shambles, the temp tv studio in our end and the delay in the safety certificates THEN the 2018 £1M pitch on top of the over spend ... yet GG (for me) keeps going on about Building Warrants that aren't even an issue!! "Don't send your kid to that nursery".

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    You’re a Yam Fud.
    Haha cheers :) Makes me feel alive again!! x

@hibs.net private member
    Like Greenginger I too have been quoted on sickbag.

They fail to realise our interest in their state of the art 8th wonder of the world isn’t infact jealousy but pure comedy gold.

Cheers for the chuckles ya yam fuds!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    For me the REAL laughing stock issues have been the rusting steel, the seats not being ordered, the Police box shambles, the temp tv studio in our end and the delay in the safety certificates THEN the 2018 £1M pitch on top of the over spend ... yet GG (for me) keeps going on about Building Warrants that aren't even an issue!! "Don't send your kid to that nursery".

They should be an issue though. That's the point he's making.

In theory you shouldn't start work before a warrant is issued.

Without a warrant there can't be a completion certificate.

There is no sign of any completion certificates or even current temporary occupation certificates for Tynecastle.

This is far from normal for buildings that receive the public.

A nursery which is meant to open next week but, as yet, doesn't appear to have a Building Warrant? That's ludicrous no matter how you try to explain it away - especially in a new-build where there aren''t the same "deemed to satisfy" grey areas or relaxation applications that are often associated with work to existing buildings.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 16-10-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post

Call me a Yam Fud all you want, the last tit for tat we had I actually did spend maybe an hour looking at the Council site, as somebody suggested I do, and I guess they hadn't actually done as they were advising me to do, and saw nothing on the planning portal to suggest there was anything outstanding.l

I'm afraid you've confused me here. You state that your 8 week old house application has not yet appeared on the website. Obviously this suggests that the website is a minimum of 8 weeks out of date. Separately you say there's nothing on the planning portal to suggest anything was outstanding. If we cant trust the website to properly reflect the current status I don't see how we can come to any conclusions regarding the accuracy of the content. As for GG, I've known him for far too many years & can honestly say he's probably been involved in filing more building warrants & planning applications than the great majority of net posters put together. I have considerably sympathy for his frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I'm afraid you've confused me here. You state that your 8 week old house application has not yet appeared on the website. Obviously this suggests that the website is a minimum of 8 weeks out of date. Separately you say there's nothing on the planning portal to suggest anything was outstanding. If we cant trust the website to properly reflect the current status I don't see how we can come to any conclusions regarding the accuracy of the content. As for GG, I've known him for far too many years & can honestly say he's probably been involved in filing more building warrants & planning applications than the great majority of net posters put together. I have considerably sympathy for his frustration.
    Brog did you add my quote by mistake??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Like Greenginger I too have been quoted on sickbag.

They fail to realise our interest in their state of the art 8th wonder of the world isn’t infact jealousy but pure comedy gold.

Cheers for the chuckles ya yam fuds!
    Jealous?

It's not finished and it's unlikely to be in the near future, 70% of the decking is made of stuff they would use for temporary stands at the golf, the rust, the police box, the seats, the blocked views, the made up stuff about it all being planned, the act that it's "a very complicated build" (it's not), the cack-handed conference facilities which are more like hide-and-seek facilities, "chips", the -already- weed-ridden and cracked piazza, the stance that it will be "the envy of Scottish football", the opening day farce, the press getting soaked every time it rains, the security required for the Directors box, the boarded up tunnel, the "temporary" changing rooms, pretending the pitch is now "perfect" when it's the size of Sneezy's hankie ...............

Nope, I'm not jealous.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Jealous?

It's not finished and it's unlikely to be in the near future, 70% of the decking is made of stuff they would use for temporary stands at the golf, the rust, the police box, the seats, the blocked views, the made up stuff about it all being planned, the act that it's "a very complicated build" (it's not), the cack-handed conference facilities which are more like hide-and-seek facilities, "chips", the -already- weed-ridden and cracked piazza, the stance that it will be "the envy of Scottish football", the opening day farce, the press getting soaked every time it rains, the security required for the Directors box, the boarded up tunnel, the "temporary" changing rooms, pretending the pitch is now "perfect" when it's the size of Sneezy's hankie ...............

Nope, I'm not jealous.
    You forgot the never ending power issues. I know it’s not easy to remember it all to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I know it’s not easy to remember it all to be fair.
    The Mega-Stand Project Manager agrees.

@hibs.net private member
    Jealous?

Nope, I'm not jealous.
    Or the capacity

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Jealous?

Nope, I'm not jealous.

Made we laugh a lot more than i probably should have.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Made we laugh a lot more than i probably should have.
    See. If you laugh, you must jealous.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Jealous?

Nope, I'm not jealous.
    Thats a magic post mate, you need to stick it on twitter

Jealous?

Nope, I'm not jealous.
    The glass curtain that is in fact.......just windaes!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    The glass curtain that is in fact.......just windaes!
    The magnificent school view lounge with its view of the flags at the castle on a clear day if you're standing on the megastand roof.

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    The magnificent school view lounge with its view of the flags at the castle on a clear day if you're standing on the megastand roof.

Not sure it would be wise to put any weight on it!! 😬

Jealous?

Nope, I'm not jealous.
    Now now you jealous peg selling hobo!!

Bravo!! Superb post Kato!!

Has been mentioned but the tabo subject in all of this is capacity!!

Ps for those looking in - Tottenham Hotspur have nearly completed a 60,000 + capacity stadium in the same time it has taken you to complete the bestest, most modern, uncompleted stand in Britain!

So so jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Was surprised that the men’s toilets at the end I was sitting had no urinals. Just cubicles.
    Seems bizarre and took ages